Dell U2713 coming soon

If true, I wonder why it will be glossy instead of having LG's extremely grainy matte coating.....never mind.

If true, I wonder why it will be glossy instead of having LG's extremely grainy matte coating.....never mind.

It seems like a good strategy. This will be a 400-500$ after coupon cheap alternative to the apple displays that catch so many consumers eyes, while the u2711 will stay the professional 700$ after coupon monitor out of the reach of normal consumers. Considering the number of people on the internet that were buying those korean monitors, i am pretty sure dell would sell an enormous amount at my foretasted price point.

At the $500 price point, its affordable enough to buy 3 for eyefinity. But that would require display port. I hope it's not wide gamut.

When would this come out? I just bought a monitor but would return it, if the wait it is not too long.

No Display Port. That just seems nuts.

It is possible that Dell is responding to AG coating complaints on the U2711, hopefully they feed these back to LG and LG makes an improved lighter matte coating for those of us who don't like reflections.

No Display Port. That just seems nuts.

It is possible that Dell is responding to AG coating complaints on the U2711, hopefully they feed these back to LG and LG makes an improved lighter matte coating for those of us who don't like reflections.

Nah they probably just slapped an LM270WQ1 and a plastic frame together catleap-style. If it is true, it is just a continuation of the move away from higher end panels by Dell and HP.

And still no mention of < 4 MP panels outside of the Sharp IGZO one.

Now I'm tempted to wait and get one of these instead of a Catleap.. It has basically everything I want, with the added benefits of a US warranty, (most likely) a nice Dell stand, and probably no dust behind the glass. I just hope the price is low enough.

Now I'm tempted to wait and get one of these instead of a Catleap.. It has basically everything I want, with the added benefits of a US warranty, (most likely) a nice Dell stand, and probably no dust behind the glass. I just hope the price is low enough.

My thoughts exactly!

Wow, lucky I saw this, was on the fence to get a Korean Crossover monitor with the adjustable stand, but I'll pay a little more for a Dell with adjustable stand and correct power brick.

Aren't the Korean monitors S-IPS panels? Wouldn't that make them better than this dell?

It's e-IPS, meaning 6 bit + FRC. I'm not a fan of this as it negates one of the main advantages of IPS over TN. If you can get a good panel with few defects, Catleap is still better.

It's e-IPS, meaning 6 bit + FRC. I'm not a fan of this as it negates one of the main advantages of IPS over TN. If you can get a good panel with few defects, Catleap is still better.
The source actually says it's S-IPS. It's probably the same panel.

If it's the same panel, why would it be so much cheaper than the 2711?

I have been looking into a new monitor, but if this is on the horizon I'll just wait. Does Dell follow a pattern for when they introduce new monitors?

How reliable is this Chinese forum? Is this monitor actually real? No news on this at TFTCentral or FlatpanelsHD?

So if they are coming out with a U2713, what are the chances of a U3013? Aren't they on every 2 year product cycle on monitor revisions? U3011 came out 2 years ago didn't it?

Nvm didnt see the spy pics from the OP.
Looks ***gorgeous***, FINALLY an IPS monitor besides the ACD27" that doesn't suck.

I have been looking into a new monitor, but if this is on the horizon I'll just wait. Does Dell follow a pattern for when they introduce new monitors?

2407, 2407HC

I think it's safe to say yes. Possibly on a 24 month product cycle.

aren't those Korean monitors 120Hz by virtue of some overclocking trick? unless this Dell has a new panel that is natively 120Hz I would think it's be the standard 60Hz

2407, 2407HC

I think it's safe to say yes. Possibly on a 24 month product cycle.

Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of whether they usually refresh the monitors during the summer or fall or whatever. Trying to see of we can guess when this would be released.

The source actually says it's S-IPS. It's probably the same panel.

He later recants and says it is e-ips

&#21018;&#25165;&#21435;&#38382;&#19979;&#20102;&#65292;&#35823;&#23548;&#22823;&#23478;&#20102;&#12290;&#20854;&#23454;&#26159;E-IPS&#30340;
'just went to ask, made a mistake everyone, its actually e-ips'

So are all e-ips panels 6 bit? How much image degradation is there between a 6 bit and 8 bit panel?

Am I crazy for hoping it's 120hz?

If it somehow ends up using the same PCB as the Multi 2b Catleaps, it might be possible. Not officially of course, you'd have to manually set the timings and whether you can reach all the way to 120hz would depend on your hardware.

If it somehow ends up using the same PCB as the Multi 2b Catleaps, it might be possible. Not officially of course, you'd have to manually set the timings and whether you can reach all the way to 120hz would depend on your hardware.

And the chances of it using the same pcb are . . . absolutely ZERO.

It has VGA, DVI, and HDMI but not DisplayPort. VGA and DVI I can understand, but why toss out DP for HDMI? HDMI can't output at 1440p since it only has the equivalent bandwidth of single-link DVI correct?

It has VGA, DVI, and HDMI but not DisplayPort. VGA and DVI I can understand, but why toss out DP for HDMI? HDMI can't output at 1440p since it only has the equivalent bandwidth of single-link DVI correct?

Apparently HDMI 1.4 can handle 1440p.

Back