Dell U2414h

It probably uses system default profile. You might wanna try to install profile from the bundled CD, but i doubt that it would help.
RobT89 said:
Its currently set at RGB (if thats the same as sRGB)

I could switch between YPbPr and RGB, whereas the colors on YPbPr are really out of whack seemingly.
No, that's an input color space. You don't wanna change that. Just leave it on RGB.
I was suggesting you to switch to an sRGB preset mode.

What input source are you using by the way? And what graphics card do you have?

It probably uses system default profile. You might wanna try to install profile from the bundled CD, but i doubt that it would help.

No, that's an input color space. You don't wanna change that. Just leave it on RGB.
I was suggesting you to switch to an sRGB preset mode.

What input source are you using by the way? And what graphics card do you have?

If I use sRGB preset I get blurry pinkish edges on my screen.

I am using a crossfire AMD 6950 setup, I doubt this is the issue at hand because my other display works perfectly. Both displays are plugged into the same videocard too.

I couldnt find any profile from the driver CD, but I switched it to use the same profile as the U2412M. Unfortunately nothing changed.

I have to say tho that my picture exaggerates the problem. However, it is still instantly noticeable (and quite frustrating) when trying to work on both monitors simultaneously. Im beginning to think that the U2412M REV A02 is just a far superior display.

Last edited:
Your best bet would probably be to try all possible for this monitor and your video card connection types (DVI-HDMI, HDMI-HDMI, DP-DP, DP-mDP etc.). If that doesn't help, you might wanna try to do some by eye calibration in "Custom color" preset mode.

Your best bet would probably be to try all possible for this monitor and your video card connection types (DVI-HDMI, HDMI-HDMI, DP-DP, DP-mDP etc.). If that doesn't help, you might wanna try to do some by eye calibration in "Custom color" preset mode.

Nope, didnt solve my issue. I also called the Dell support line, which obviously was a waste of time. They recommended the screen was faulty and I should get a new one. However, it will probably have a yellow tint too.Switching my view between the 2 monitors is just a pain, the colors are a world apart. I guess ill be returning this screen and ask for a refund, whilst ill be looking for a proper IPS monitor that doesnt suffer from yellowish colors.

Nope, didnt solve my issue. I also called the Dell support line, which obviously was a waste of time. They recommended the screen was faulty and I should get a new one. However, it will probably have a yellow tint too.Switching my view between the 2 monitors is just a pain, the colors are a world apart. I guess ill be returning this screen and ask for a refund, whilst ill be looking for a proper IPS monitor that doesnt suffer from yellowish colors.

Anyone else having issues with a yellowish tint on their Dell U2414H monitor besides Rob?

I am seriously considering buying two of these (as long as there is no yellowish tint!) because I am on a limited budget. I want to daisychain two 24"-27" monitors together. And this is one of the only monitors on the market that currently offer this: http://www.displayport.org/products...-displays-multi-stream&products_manufacturer= (Click on DP Displays Multi-Stream) for a list.

Seriously, the Displayport Out port for Daisychain is one of the most serious attractions of this monitor. That, along with the price, are making me consider getting two of these. However I'm definitely open for suggestion... I definitely have some time to wait, and there may be more affordable 4K monitors coming out in the near future that may make more sense than investing in these.

I appreciate your suggestions!

Just got one and it randomly turns off. Tried HDMI and DP cables, as well as different outlets. Nothing in the energy settings menu seems to be helpful. Any idea what's going on?

I had that problem for the first few days, but it eventually stopped. I was changing settings during that time to see if anything remedied the auto on/off, so one of those settings may have corrected the random off. However, I still haven't found any setting that prevents it from turning on at random times, so the monitor just stays on most of the time. Another issue that I occasionally encounter is with pulling it out of standby mode, and I'll be forced to restart the monitor to pull it out of the never-ending standby cycle.

Just ordered this monitor myself! Arriving Tuesday.

TFT Central have recently acquired this monitor and hope to have a review soon.
I hope its the same panel as the P2414 as that got amazing reviews.

Any other thoughts here on users that have the U2414H?

I've had this monitor for about a week now, hooked up to my laptop through hdmi.
Initially I had 2 issues with it.(both resolved now)
- It didn't display black and white very well
- Screen looked very greenish compared to my laptop

After installing the drivers and program from the cd I got a color profile, which slightly changed the colors.
The black and white were fixed with the nvidea full rgb tool.
In reviews of my laptop I found that i got used to a display thats way too blue (making the normal u2414h look greenish). After getting a calibrated color profile for my laptop they look quite similar.

The dell display manager on the cd actually has more color profiles for the monitor than you can find in the osd. (settings in this program actually change those in the osd, not those in windows)
So although the U2414h is probably better then my laptop, I set the U2414h to the 7500k profile to match it more to the colors on my laptop for my own convenience.

As far as i can tell without a calibration tool, my display hasn't got any problems.
In a fully dark room the light bottom corner is maybe a little brighter, but thats just nitpicking and hardly noticeable compared to the usual backlight beelding pictures..
Worst problem now is that with almost no bezel, its not hard to get fingerprints on the screen when pivoting etc.

I don't know if it is the same panel as in the p2414h, but the stand has p2414h/u2414h written on it.

The unique thing about this monitor is that it is currently the ONLY other 24" monitor on the market which features Displayport MST (Multi Stream Transport) Daisy-Chaining.

The only other option (for now) is the Dell U2413, which is not IPS yet has ghosting and is actually more expensive. No thanks.

The downside to this one, however, is of course the resolution which it is only 1080p. Do you guys think there will be any higher resolution 24" monitors featuring Displayport Out coming in the near future at a decent price? If so, I may wait for the higher resolution before I make this investment...

Mate, the UP2414Q is your option if you want ultra res, but frankly 4K on a 24" is absolutely ridiculous. TFT Central reviewed the bigger brother and they even state that those extra pixels are too much.

1080p on 24" is perfect for my eyes without squint mode. I hope to receive the U2414H tomorrow.

Anyone get theirs yet? (U2414H) I am interested to know how well she runs in a 3 screen surround/eyefinity setup

Last edited:
The unique thing about this monitor is that it is currently the ONLY other 24" monitor on the market which features Displayport MST (Multi Stream Transport) Daisy-Chaining.

The only other option (for now) is the Dell U2413, which is not IPS yet has ghosting and is actually more expensive. No thanks.

The downside to this one, however, is of course the resolution which it is only 1080p. Do you guys think there will be any higher resolution 24" monitors featuring Displayport Out coming in the near future at a decent price? If so, I may wait for the higher resolution before I make this investment...

Yes it is. It's a GB-r LED IPS panel. The big complaint with the U2413 was visible inverse ghosting.

I actually have the box with me now! Delivered to my work address.

Will plan to take some photos later.

Yes Please!

Think of getting 3 of these, be very curious to your opinions as a good gaming monitor. for Nvidia surround

Sorry but I didn't have time to take pics, but a few points:

- Bezel is amazingly thin. You can definitely get the best experience with a dual/triple setup.

- sRGB mode on "MAC" display option is incredibly life-like via DP mini on my MacBook Pro. Colours look accurate to me without measuring and overall sharpness (default 50) is enough to be crisp.

- Setting brightness down to 45 hit my sweet spot. No PWM, 100%.

- "Game" mode is a lot more tolerable in sharpness and detail compared to other Dell's (S2740L). Saturation is a bit too much but I set it down to 42. I use Game mode for my Xbox One and sRGB mode for MacBook use.

- Touch buttons are a lot more convenient to use and location is better than other Dell's I've owned.

- Dell's Overdrive feature is amazing on the U2414H!!! I've owned the S2740L and U2412M, and I can say they certainly improved this in the labs with motion and to my keen eye, there is no visible overshoot and I'll guarantee that this is one of the fastest IPS panels to date (except for Eizo but that's a gaming-specific monitor and likely not comparable to U2414H's more accurate colours).

- Overdrive was tested on COD: Ghosts and FIFA 14, both very fast motion games. Big improvement over my other Dell's and again, no overshoot. If you want a 24" IPS panel, surely this has to be on your watch list. I'll take the U2414H over a "144hz gaming TN" monitor million times over. I'm limited to just XBone for gaming so 60hz is perfect.

- None of very low input lag. I can't measure this but my actions on controller are pretty much on point.

So far, I only have 1 con and that is some noticeable backlight bleeding on the top left of screen. Its noticeable enough that I might contact Dell to consider an exchange as they have a premium panel guarantee in Australia. There are no dead pixels which is great.

I will take some photos tonight. Its sitting on a custom VESA table mount which makes it look really nice, "floating" with that super thin bezel.. Its a very good looking monitor indeed.

May I ask how you managed to verify that no PWM is used for this panel? Thanks a lot.

Sorry but I didn't have time to take pics, but a few points:

- Bezel is amazingly thin. You can definitely get the best experience with a dual/triple setup.

- sRGB mode on "MAC" display option is incredibly life-like via DP mini on my MacBook Pro. Colours look accurate to me without measuring and overall sharpness (default 50) is enough to be crisp.

- Setting brightness down to 45 hit my sweet spot. No PWM, 100%.

- "Game" mode is a lot more tolerable in sharpness and detail compared to other Dell's (S2740L). Saturation is a bit too much but I set it down to 42. I use Game mode for my Xbox One and sRGB mode for MacBook use.

- Touch buttons are a lot more convenient to use and location is better than other Dell's I've owned.

- Dell's Overdrive feature is amazing on the U2414H!!! I've owned the S2740L and U2412M, and I can say they certainly improved this in the labs with motion and to my keen eye, there is no visible overshoot and I'll guarantee that this is one of the fastest IPS panels to date (except for Eizo but that's a gaming-specific monitor and likely not comparable to U2414H's more accurate colours).

- Overdrive was tested on COD: Ghosts and FIFA 14, both very fast motion games. Big improvement over my other Dell's and again, no overshoot. If you want a 24" IPS panel, surely this has to be on your watch list. I'll take the U2414H over a "144hz gaming TN" monitor million times over. I'm limited to just XBone for gaming so 60hz is perfect.

- None of very low input lag. I can't measure this but my actions on controller are pretty much on point.

So far, I only have 1 con and that is some noticeable backlight bleeding on the top left of screen. Its noticeable enough that I might contact Dell to consider an exchange as they have a premium panel guarantee in Australia. There are no dead pixels which is great.

I will take some photos tonight. Its sitting on a custom VESA table mount which makes it look really nice, "floating" with that super thin bezel.. Its a very good looking monitor indeed.

How about the glow? How does it look in a dark room?

There's an internal border too. Tftcentral reported 1mm edge and 4mm internal border from the panel

I've had this monitor for about a week now, hooked up to my laptop through hdmi.
Initially I had 2 issues with it.(both resolved now)
- It didn't display black and white very well
- Screen looked very greenish compared to my laptop

After installing the drivers and program from the cd I got a color profile, which slightly changed the colors.
The black and white were fixed with the nvidea full rgb tool.
In reviews of my laptop I found that i got used to a display thats way too blue (making the normal u2414h look greenish). After getting a calibrated color profile for my laptop they look quite similar.

The dell display manager on the cd actually has more color profiles for the monitor than you can find in the osd. (settings in this program actually change those in the osd, not those in windows)
So although the U2414h is probably better then my laptop, I set the U2414h to the 7500k profile to match it more to the colors on my laptop for my own convenience.

As far as i can tell without a calibration tool, my display hasn't got any problems.
In a fully dark room the light bottom corner is maybe a little brighter, but thats just nitpicking and hardly noticeable compared to the usual backlight beelding pictures..
Worst problem now is that with almost no bezel, its not hard to get fingerprints on the screen when pivoting etc.

I don't know if it is the same panel as in the p2414h, but the stand has p2414h/u2414h written on it.

could you tell me what settings you had in the RGB tool from nvidia? i am also trying to get my black and white levels on par.

Deredox
There's no way to fix HDMI color range issue through official tools from Nvidia. At least with the latest drivers.
You'll have to use this tool in order to send a full RGB color range via HDMI. There's only two buttons. I guess you'll figure out which one to press.

Last edited:
Here are a few images of the U2414H on a VESA mount.
Playing FIFA 14 on Xbox One @ 1080p 60hz.

fjVNtfbl.jpg

IwFZt0dl.jpg

lQGp9b2l.jpg

Nj2y2Owl.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm new here and have been following this thread quite intensely. It's probably the only place where there is any info on this screen.

I'm Looking to setup an eyefinity setup and was wondering what your thoughts on the screen are as part of a multimoniyor gaming setup if none has tried it like that.

Does the 4mm internal border mentioned earlier effect the crossover between the screens drastically (does there look like there is a bigger gap thn the combined width of the bezels??

Cheers
Tyriall

The U2414H has the thinnest "real" bezel in the consumer market, period.

An eyefinity set up would be amazing. I just don't require that set up but I imagine it to be the best.

Also confirming that the P2414H and U2414H is a different panel altogether as confirmed by TFT Central, however that is not a bad thing, as I've discovered the U2414H is an awesome panel for gaming.. Literally no overshoot and input lag is non-existant.

It's manually set to the right input. The menu doesn't even have an auto select option.

I'm having the same issue. The monitor is hooked on a Dell Latitude E7x40 laptop. It will turn itself off (as if someone has pressed the power off button, this is not standby mode) randomly, sometimes after 2 mins of use, sometimes after 2 hours of use. There's no pattern I can detect. Happens with both HDMI and Displayport.

Let me know if you have found a solution for this. Thanks.

Can anyone post blacklight bleed and glow photos of the U2414H?
I'm curious how it compares to the P2414H.

Does anyone have any idea if Dell will release a 23-inch version (which I'll call the "U2314H)? I currently have the Dell U2913WM and I am considering buying two 23-inch monitors for a triple setup. The thin bezel and buttons on the U2913WM look similar to the ones on the U2414H, but vertically, the length of the display area in a 23-inch screen is closer to the 29-inch screen than a 24-inch screen is. Didn't Dell put out similar models of similar screen sizes before (U2212HM and U2312HM)? If so, I hope Dell does it again and release a "U2314H" monitor.

Anyone else having issues with a yellowish tint on their Dell U2414H monitor besides Rob?

Would be interested in this, too. Of course it seems it's more obvious side-by-side with their previous monitor with better whites.

there is a slight yellowish tint. but you can work around this with some calibration. it almost removed it al going for 100 contrast for me so.

some people were wondering about the surround capability. well i ahve this setup so here are a few pictures.

the bezels are not overlapped they are next to eachother.

cq4YqAS.jpg

ceKZ5S5.jpg

iQKmeFC.jpg

N8ABoR2.jpg

I just came here to thank you for all this great info - very few sites have any at all! :)

I have a quick question. In a triple monitor setup, can I rotate two of the screens, to have them "vertical, horizontal, vertical"? Can I adjust the height of the screens such that the tops of the screens are flush, like if they were all horizontal, but just let the vertical screens go further down?

i am on Draenor EU :p

anyway i will post a picture in portrait as soon as possible. it should work i am just having a few problems that have NOTHING to do with the monitors.

Back