Dell U2410

Got both mine a few days ago and set em up last night. Both RevA01 and made in Jan 2010. No issues to speak of. Much bigger than I anticipated. Was almost thinking of getting two of the U2711s but no way in hell now!

Was thining I might buy a 3rd one once NVIDIA Vision comes out or ATI udates Eyefinity to solve the issues and give it bezel management. But I don't think my desk will even work for that. Too small! Unless I angle the side ones alot....

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

Last edited:
not sure about online but the sticker on the side of the box had the revision number on it, so you can tell without opening the box.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help my case much... since I'm in Montreal, I can only buy it online.

$499 or so. Right now its on sale for $539. If you call them and order over the phone they give you a better price than that.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help my case much... since I'm in Montreal, I can only buy it online.

well i thought i was in the same boat. but i found a retailer on ottawa that sold them. so i called and had them check. not sure if ther still on sale but it may be another option. rbcomputing.com

Same here. I've have never once had a Dell CS rep lower than the price for me not once. And I've tried everything in the book and I've tried alot.

I called when it was $599 and ask for better price. They initially offered me $50 off each immediately. I said I'd wait for a better sale and then got a total of $100 off per monitor.

I actually called to set up a return and get the U2711s and then offered me another $50 off per monitor to keep them. Glad I did because two U2711s wouldn't fit on my desk I don't think!

Still have not been able to get one at a reasonable price that or the ebay seller won't tell me what model they are selling when I ask them. Along with the run around on phone with dell I have yet to get any real established way of getting this monitor without the run around.

Watch Dell.com's business page. They go onsale every few weeks, I got mine for 499 (plus tax) about a month and a half ago.

Got my U2410 from Provantage yesterday. Paid around $534.

A00, build of week 41/09. Flashed it to A01. Looked great before, looks great still.

Incidentally, what mode do most people use as their standard?

well i thought i was in the same boat. but i found a retailer on ottawa that sold them. so i called and had them check. not sure if ther still on sale but it may be another option. rbcomputing.com

Not sure how buying from rbcomputing.com is going to help me find out if I'm buying a A00 or A01 before the purchase is actually made. God knows Dell.ca sure isn't going to tell us. What I need is a physical store that sells them here in Montreal.

Not sure how buying from rbcomputing.com is going to help me find out if I'm buying a A00 or A01 before the purchase is actually made. God knows Dell.ca sure isn't going to tell us. What I need is a physical store that sells them here in Montreal.

the dell sticker on the side of the box says the revision number. i was surprised as well but it says it in big bold letters. so you can call and get them to look at what they have. no need to crack it open. after hearing about the revision numbers this is why i opted to buy from them and not dell directly. they also had them cheaper than the dell site did :p

bump...any more news? This monitor fits my needs and I'm really wanting one once they're 'fixed'.
LG is garbage and I'd never buy an LG product so I'm not really sure why companies are sourcing their panels. Dell, Apple, etc need to switch and if cost is an issue, so be it.

Last edited:
I got mine 2 weeks ago and the manufacture date on the boxes was January 2010. If you're going to buy one from Dell.com anyone should be fine now.

Very tempted to order this monitor again! I need a zero dead pixel guarantee that's what I need and it sounds like January 2010 A01 may provide that.

I got mine 2 weeks ago and the manufacture date on the boxes was January 2010. If you're going to buy one from Dell.com anyone should be fine now.

Notice any issues with it? I just order one from dell for $499+tax, couldn't resist the offer!

eyefinity here i come... i just ordered 3 2410 from dell for 499 each and a XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 Black edition... hoping i made the right choice... <crossing my fingers>

eyefinity here i come... i just ordered 3 2410 from dell for 499 each and a XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 Black edition... hoping i made the right choice... <crossing my fingers>

honestly you probably should have dug deeper and gone for the 5870 to go with the 3 x u2410 screens. if you can return the card i would, especially if you like to game. the 5850 will play, but at that resolution you may find yourself turning down too many things using the 5850. it does depend on what you play though.

the screens just look awesome. i doubt youd be disappointed in them.

Just wondering if this U2410 will fit in my desk space. I have 22 inches in height in order to make this this work. How tall is this monitor when it's on the stand? Thanks!

honestly you probably should have dug deeper and gone for the 5870 to go with the 3 x u2410 screens. if you can return the card i would, especially if you like to game. the 5850 will play, but at that resolution you may find yourself turning down too many things using the 5850. it does depend on what you play though.

the screens just look awesome. i doubt youd be disappointed in them.

I went back and forth between the 5850 and the 5870 and i decided to buy the 5850 thinking it would play everything i play atm just fine.. I'm running a 8800gt atm and it does just fine.. so as long as i can get similar quality i'll be happy.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting either this or the u2711 and the ca taxes are hurtful :( On the upside, I think Provantage stocks the u2410, thinking of buying from them.

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this, or if I should just start a new thread.

I'm a hardcore gamer, still CRT, aside from the 120Hz TN panels, I'm looking at this monitor and the 2209WA (we use IPS monitors here at work) . The 2410 has the game mode, but can it be set to 75Hz in custom mode?

Which one would you pick for a hardcore gamer? I'm so freakin' confused.

Wish the prices would go down keep hoping for a deal some where a used a01 version be it on for sale or ebay but still no luck.
Hoping for a $400 or roughly price range as waiting for HP new monitor release has been driving me a bit crazy to say the lease.

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this, or if I should just start a new thread.

I'm a hardcore gamer, still CRT, aside from the 120Hz TN panels, I'm looking at this monitor and the 2209WA (we use IPS monitors here at work) . The 2410 has the game mode, but can it be set to 75Hz in custom mode?

Which one would you pick for a hardcore gamer? I'm so freakin' confused.

No, the U2410's game mode lowers input lag, but it is still a 60hz panel. It depends on what you mean by "hardcore gamer" - if you are competitive online and such, a 120hz panel is probably what you are going to want as it will give you a competitive edge. If you instead are calling yourself a hardcore gamer because you play a lot (like me :) ), then the higher IQ from IPS panels might be more beneficial. I bought the U2410s over 120hz panels because I really want portrait mode (I'm also a developer, gotta love the vertical space)

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and am really loving both of them. Especially the extra vertical space.

I had two Viewsonics VX2260s (TN panels) and I must say that I can't really notice a difference in color though.

I do notice that when the U2410s monitors 1st come on from sleep mode it takes 10 seconds or so for the color to really brighten up. Is that normal?

Othat than that, I'm super happy with them and plan on keeping them for a few years (haha, right) hopefully.

Will be buying a 3rd one too I think once nFinity or Eyefinity becomes better and give it a try. I'll have to move my PC onto the floor under my desk so I'm not 100% on that yet and I don't game a ton; I'd just really like to give it a try!

No, the U2410's game mode lowers input lag, but it is still a 60hz panel. It depends on what you mean by "hardcore gamer" - if you are competitive online and such, a 120hz panel is probably what you are going to want as it will give you a competitive edge. If you instead are calling yourself a hardcore gamer because you play a lot (like me :) ), then the higher IQ from IPS panels might be more beneficial. I bought the U2410s over 120hz panels because I really want portrait mode (I'm also a developer, gotta love the vertical space)

Thanks for the info. I'm hardcore in the sense I'm on a team and we compete in leagues and ladders almost always and having competed heavy in BF2 and now soon to be BFBC2, I need the best. I am looking at the 120Hz monitors, knowing its a TN panel I might compliment it with a 2209WA since they are so cheap. Then I guess I can best of both worlds. Thats why lag input is such a big deal to me....

my left monitor is acting up on my dual setup and im trying to convince myself to buy two of these =)...wish they had refurbs in stock.

Hi guys, I'm reposting from the dell forums to see if I can get a quicker response.

I have (Rev. A01)

I have really high remarks about the quality of images produced from a PS3 via HDMI/DVI-D, no complaints there. However, when I try to use the PS3/PS2/Wii using Component/Composite; or VGA out from my laptop; the picture quality is just utter crap compared to a LCD/CRT/Plasma TV; pictures are jaggy, lots of artifacts around edges, and just over all bad. The difference in crispness from a Wii game in this monitor to CRT is like day and night. Also when using analog inputs, how come it wont scale/center perfectly?

Is my monitor defective? Is this expected? or am I just crazy? Can people try out their PS2/Wii on an analog input and post their experiences below?

Back