Dell U2410

I've been using the Spyder, but came across a color profile at Digitalversus that somehow worked better for me right away:
http://translate.google.com/transla...un-profil-calibre-pour-son-ecran-dell-24.html

Does anyone know of any other downloadable color profiles for the U2410?

I know TFTCentral also has a u2410 profile, thought that definitely didn't work with my u2410.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

Just curious if there are any others that I can experiment with?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Last edited:
can anyone tell me what Pixel Clock does for the U2410? What does it adjust? Its in the OCD menu...

I am looking to pick this up during the holiday sale. Anybody get any good deals on this monitor? The best I can get this for is $450.

REcently purchase the U2410 but it hasn't arrived yet

I am planning on using the U2410 as the center monitor in a 3 panel setup. the outside monitors I am considering are dell P2310. my issue is that the center monitor is 1920*1200 while the outside monitors are 1920*1080. To get eyefinity to work you need to all have the same resolution. SOOOO my question is, does the U2410 have 1:1 scaling? I understand what this means is that if I set the U2410 to a resolution of 1920*1080, then there should by slight black bars on the top and bottom. if this works, the picture lines up well with the outside monitors. however, if I set the U2410 resolution to 1920*1080 it MIGHT stretch the picture to fill up the entire screen...

Can someone help me by telling me what happens if you set the U2410 to a resolution of 1920*1080? does it have a scaling mode?

alternatively, could someone direct me to the manual for this monitor? I have tried looking on dell's support site but can't find it. The sale I am considering ends tomorrow and I won't get my U2410 till tuesday so I can't wait to answer this question!!!

any help greatly appreciated!!!:confused:

For what I've read the monitor can do all that: pixel mapping, picture in picture, etc.

Preset Display Modes
The following table lists the preset modes for which Dell guarantees image size and centering:
Display Mode Horizontal Frequency (kHz) Vertical Frequency (Hz) Pixel Clock (MHz) Sync Polarity (Horizontal/Vertical)
VGA, 720 x 400 31.5 70.1 28.3 -/+
VGA, 640 x 480 31.5 59.9 25.2 -/-
VESA, 640 x 480 37.5 75.0 31.5 -/-
VESA, 800 x 600 37.9 60.3 40.0 +/+
VESA, 800 x 600 46.9 75.0 49.5 +/+
VESA, 1024 x 768 48.4 60.0 65.0 -/-
VESA, 1024 x 768 60.0 75.0 78.8 +/+
VESA, 1152 x 864 67.5 75.0 108.0 +/+
VESA, 1280 x 1024 64.0 60.0 108.0 +/+
VESA, 1280 x 1024 80.0 75.0 135.0 +/+
VESA, 1600 x 1200 75.0 60.0 162.0 +/+
VESA, 1920 x 1200 74.5 60.0 154.0 +/-

ahh the dell manual here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/U2410/en/index.htm

awesome thanks. I can't believe I can't find the manual on dell's site even though I BOUGHT THE MONITOR FROM THEM!!!!?!?!?!?

I don't see 1920 * 1080 listed though.... this is the mode I need!

i don't think it will, since 1920 is greater than the 1900 pixel width of the monitor's native resolution...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
awesome thanks. I can't believe I can't find the manual on dell's site even though I BOUGHT THE MONITOR FROM THEM!!!!?!?!?!?

I don't see 1920 * 1080 listed though.... this is the mode I need!

Dell website sucks. The link was not available I just guessed it. ;)
The monitor should do 1920x1080 pixel mapping at 1920x1200 with black bars so you're safe.

I was wondering if its possible to swap the U2410 stand for a nicer one? The Dell 2408WFP has a much more stylish base stand. Is it possible to buy this stand as a separate accessory and use it in the U2410?

Last edited:
I was wondering if its possible to swap the U2410 stand for a nicer one? The Dell 2408WFP has a much more stylish base stand. Is it possible to buy this stand as a separate accessory and use it in the U2410?

Yes, it works- I just did it. The 2407/2408 and u2410 use the exact same size/type attachment in back to the stand. Fits perfectly.

Have just taken delivery of, and set up my U2410 (firmware A00). After reading numerous posts both for and against the monitor on this and other forums I was somewhat apprehensive about how it would perform. However, first impressions are that I am very happy with it. It is now my primary monitor with my Samsung 245T in portratit mode next to it. Both monitors are calibrated with a Spyder 3 Elite. No tinkering beforehand with any of the default monitor settings - I just let the Spyder do its stuff. Some specific comment re the U2410 in particular:
* dead quiet from normal viewing distance, compared to the 245T which has always had a loud, irritating p/s whine / buzz
* no apparent pixel issues
* touch controls all work fine; I don't mind the beeps - though may switch the sound off in due course
* NO (emphasised) grain, banding or other issues that aren't just as obvious on the 245T - on certain webpages/backgrounds only, and only if one is looking for them or being worried about being disappointed
* I've used a magnifying glass to compare sharpness of text between the two monitors - no noticable difference
* the 'whites' on the U2410 appear to me pleasingly 'brighter' and purer on the U2410

A mate of mine works at Channel 7 and says all their (very many) monitors ranging from 19" to 30" are Dell, and have been for many years, and they've always been very happy with them.

While not wanting to trivialise the very real problems that some people have evidently had with their new U2410's, it occurs to me that:
* Dell must sell a stonking huge number of monitors, and human nature is that people are more likely to record negative impressions than positive ones, which may sometimes give a falsely negative impression about Dell monitors
* at least some issues, such as banding seen on certain pages and backgrounds, are quite likely more a limitation of the current screen technology (at the price point of the monitor), rather than monitor 'faults'; for instance it was only when seeing banding on some backgrounds that I then noticed the same issue on the Samsung 245T ... it is something I'd come to simply ignore / filter out when looking at the 245T

... anyway, my few cents worth ... the U2410 looks to be a keeper :)

:)

Out of curiousity, what OS were you running this on? How was the text clarity. Really trying hard to decide between this and the HP.

Have just taken delivery of, and set up my U2410 (firmware A00). After reading numerous posts both for and against the monitor on this and other forums I was somewhat apprehensive about how it would perform. However, first impressions are that I am very happy with it. It is now my primary monitor with my Samsung 245T in portratit mode next to it. Both monitors are calibrated with a Spyder 3 Elite. No tinkering beforehand with any of the default monitor settings - I just let the Spyder do its stuff. Some specific comment re the U2410 in particular:
* dead quiet from normal viewing distance, compared to the 245T which has always had a loud, irritating p/s whine / buzz
* no apparent pixel issues
* touch controls all work fine; I don't mind the beeps - though may switch the sound off in due course
* NO (emphasised) grain, banding or other issues that aren't just as obvious on the 245T - on certain webpages/backgrounds only, and only if one is looking for them or being worried about being disappointed
* I've used a magnifying glass to compare sharpness of text between the two monitors - no noticable difference
* the 'whites' on the U2410 appear to me pleasingly 'brighter' and purer on the U2410

A mate of mine works at Channel 7 and says all their (very many) monitors ranging from 19" to 30" are Dell, and have been for many years, and they've always been very happy with them.

While not wanting to trivialise the very real problems that some people have evidently had with their new U2410's, it occurs to me that:
* Dell must sell a stonking huge number of monitors, and human nature is that people are more likely to record negative impressions than positive ones, which may sometimes give a falsely negative impression about Dell monitors
* at least some issues, such as banding seen on certain pages and backgrounds, are quite likely more a limitation of the current screen technology (at the price point of the monitor), rather than monitor 'faults'; for instance it was only when seeing banding on some backgrounds that I then noticed the same issue on the Samsung 245T ... it is something I'd come to simply ignore / filter out when looking at the 245T

... anyway, my few cents worth ... the U2410 looks to be a keeper :)

:)

great thanks for your review.

How is the backlight uniformity and what about the black levels??

I have a samsung 191T and the PVA panels produce amazing blacks. Something i haven't seen yet on an IPS based monitor. I understand that it won't be as good but if it is close than that should be acceptable.

Smokin' deal right now on the Canadian Dell site - U2410 $479 CDN. 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. Can't really pass it up. I'll post a review when it arrives.

Thanks to all others who have posted info on this display.

That's great! Where did you get the 2407/2408 stand?
I just happen to have a 2407wfp next to a u2410, so I tried swapping stands out of curiosity -- I also much prefer the older v-shaped slim stand (compared to the enormous dull block of a stand on the u2410). Definitely is a perfect fit, though not sure if you can buy a replacement stand separately.

Out of curiousity, what OS were you running this on? How was the text clarity. Really trying hard to decide between this and the HP.
Windows 7 64 bit ... text clarity is excellent (and this is with 52 years old eyes!) ... I also looked hard at the HP reviews however, here in Australia at least, the HP would have cost me about $200 more, and was not at all clear HP would have had the same favourable 15 day return option and ease of warranty service as Dell ... in the end I'm entirely happy with the U2410 :)

great thanks for your review.

How is the backlight uniformity and what about the black levels??

I have a samsung 191T and the PVA panels produce amazing blacks. Something i haven't seen yet on an IPS based monitor. I understand that it won't be as good but if it is close than that should be acceptable.

I haven't bothered examining closely for backlight uniformity - I don't see any problems in normal usage, nor during pixel testing with various solid screen colors ... frankly, I think if there's no problem apparent during normal usage, then what's the point of going looking for one ... is any screen even close to perfect unless one pays double the cost or more (eg. high end NEC screens). However, I should say that I don't ever use my PC / monitor to watch DVD movies.

Black levels also look fine to me ... as mentioned before, I had been very happy with the Samsung 245T, other than the p/s noise, which screen rated very highly in most review I had read of it ... and I have found the U2410 to be just as good. NB - is revision A00, manufacture Nov 2009 ... :) .

Last edited:
Apparently, all monitors leaving Dell's factory since November 20, 2009 have the updated firmware installed to correct the dithering in both RGB modes.

Also apparent is that previous owners can now request an exchange from Dell for a monitor with the updated firmware. I can't confirm this 100% as I am awaiting an answer from a Dell rep, but I believe this is the case.

So...good news overall. The RGB modes are good on this monitor out of the box and when calibrated can be even better.

EDIT - I've got a replacement monitor on the way, so will post when I receive it re: dithering fixed in RGB modes. Excellent customer service from Dell thus far.

Last edited:
Apparently, all monitors leaving Dell's factory since November 20, 2009 have the updated firmware installed to correct the dithering in both RGB modes.

Also apparent is that previous owners can now request an exchange from Dell for a monitor with the updated firmware. I can't confirm this 100% as I am awaiting an answer from a Dell rep, but I believe this is the case.

So...good news overall. The RGB modes are good on this monitor out of the box and when calibrated can be even better.

EDIT - I've got a replacement monitor on the way, so will post when I receive it re: dithering fixed in RGB modes. Excellent customer service from Dell thus far.
I hope what you 're saying is true ;)

I picked up 2 of these monitors (for $480 each .. smoking deal indeed) .. can't wait :)

Nice to hear the new firmware is now shipping on new monitors. How can one tell which firmware is on Dell U2410?
My U2410 arrived today, I'm typing from it right now. Its great! With dynamic contrast on looks much better than my old 17" CRT!
Didn't spot any bad pixels;
The green-pink tint is present in fact, but its so light that I could never tell that it was present if it weren't the amount of complaints on the forums over the internet. Its a very slight green band on the left and slight pink band on the right. It doesn't bother me and doesn't compromise the display image quality IMO.
In gaming didn't notice any input lag, and didn't notice any ghosting either. Love the extra space :)
There is some white glow in the blacks, but an ITW polarizer is expensive...
Going to run a batch of tests to see how it does and how it compares to the 17" samtron.

I think in the past there has been a sticker somewhere on the monitor (maybe on the back) that will say Rev A01.. or something like that..

Does yours say A01? Can you verify that your monitor does not have dithering in sRGB mode? Since Dell said all monitors after November 20th should be fixed then yours should include the fix.

I think in the past there has been a sticker somewhere on the monitor (maybe on the back) that will say Rev A01.. or something like that..

Does yours say A01? Can you verify that your monitor does not have dithering in sRGB mode? Since Dell said all monitors after November 20th should be fixed then yours should include the fix.

Haa there is a small plastic tongue you have to pull next to the USB ports and card reader, with the display info and SN. Mine is made in Czech in August 2009, Rev A00 unfortunately.
Using the lagom test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php I only can see some dithering if I ramp up the brightness and contrast to maximum, so that's another problem I would never find. :) visible in sRGB and AdobeRGB only.

Heya folks, I apologize if this information has been covered but I couldn't find anything with the search function.

I'm currently deciding between the 2209WA and the U2410 as a new monitor to use for both my computer and my Xbox 360, and in most regards the U2410 seems like the best choice. However, my current graphics card is a bit anemic (and not likely to see an upgrade for at least a year), and for many of the games I play probably will not be able to drive a resolution higher than 1680x1050.

From past experience, I've found it very hard to predict the quality at which a monitor will display non-native resolutions. So basically I was hoping that I could get some impressions about how the U2410 handles 1680x1050.

Thanks!

I ordered two monitors yesterday. It is showing status as "in production".

Can someone post how long it took before Dell shipped it?

Thanks

Last edited:
I ordered two monitors yesterday. It is showing status as "in production".
I am wondering how much longer it is going to take before Dell ships it?

Thanks

I ordered two yesterday as well (using different accounts).
One shipped today.. the other shows that it will be "delivered" on the 24th.

I'm expecting the one that shipped yesterday to arrive around ~Thursday.

Heya folks, I apologize if this information has been covered but I couldn't find anything with the search function.

I'm currently deciding between the 2209WA and the U2410 as a new monitor to use for both my computer and my Xbox 360, and in most regards the U2410 seems like the best choice. However, my current graphics card is a bit anemic (and not likely to see an upgrade for at least a year), and for many of the games I play probably will not be able to drive a resolution higher than 1680x1050.

From past experience, I've found it very hard to predict the quality at which a monitor will display non-native resolutions. So basically I was hoping that I could get some impressions about how the U2410 handles 1680x1050.

Thanks!

well it probably does it about as well as any other monitor, i.e. horribly. if you dont mind a few less pixels, go for the 2209WA. it gets rave reviews, and doesn't have the same quality issues as the U2410. and its half the price. why not buy a $150 HD4890, and have change left over?

why not buy a $150 HD4890, and have change left over?

I run a mid 2007 dual boot Mac Pro, which has limited graphics card support on the Mac OS side (and I currently have the best card it does support, an 8800 GT). A new graphics card will sadly have to wait for a new computer, but yeah, that would certainly be the most ideal solution to my problem.

Anyone else have a chance to go eyes on with the U2410 and 1680x1050?

Back