• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

dell shipped two 2407s

kadiir said:
Morals are relative to a society. Most western societies recognize property rights. As such, it would be immoral to keep the extra one. Isn't it fun when the law is on your side but morals aren't?
yeah.....
 
toric334 said:
If I'd had been sent two 2407s from a big company like Dell, heck I'd keep it. If the company was smaller, then I would send it back.

QFT

If it was a nice local guy's comp. shop I would have sent it back, but I would have kept the 2nd one from dell.
 
BMWlover said:
If it was a nice local guy's comp. shop I would have sent it back, but I would have kept the 2nd one from dell.

But the nice local guy would never overlook a mistake like shipping two lcd's instead of one. That's the difference between a Mom&Pop and a multi-national company.

If morals are the question here, who will be held accountable for the mistake once you call and tell them that you recieved an extra lcd? My guess is nobody.
So, at the end of the day, what difference does it make? Is Dell going to go out of business because of this mistake? Nope. Is anyone, besides possibly you, going to loose sleep over it? Nope. Keep it, and if they charge your card for the additional lcd, contest it with your credit card company and enjoy the wonderful world of multi monitor goodness.

Or, you could just send it back, and hope that the dumbshit that filled your order gets his ass chewed out like he should.

In the end it's up to you. I personally wouldn't think more or less of you either way.
 
OK let me get this straight. A lot of you seem to think it's acceptable to steal from the rich, but not the poor?

Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter how well off the person is you're stealing from.
 
If you would give it back to a small shop but not Dell, then you're completely retarded. Just because they're a big money doesn't mean they didn't work for it.

But either way, like I said, you're in no way obligated to send it back, even if you told them you got two.
 
~LoKe said:
If you would give it back to a small shop but not Dell, then you're completely retarded. Just because they're a big money doesn't mean they didn't work for it.

But either way, like I said, you're in no way obligated to send it back, even if you told them you got two.
Calling people completely retarded because their views don't align with yours is great forum etiquette. Keep it up, skipper!

You're right it's much better to go through life and take advantage of people...more for me right?
Yes. Exactly.
 
It's not about aligning with mine at all. Honesty shouldn't have anything to do with the other party involved.
 
Apoxi said:
morals are relative, you can't say i have bad morals because i wouldn't feel bad that A VERY LARGE COMPANY sent me two things instead of one. why should i waste my time and send it back to them on their mistake?
I find it funny you had to justify that you wouldn't feel because it's a large company, you had to justify because you know it's wrong to keep it.
 
Cabezone said:
OK let me get this straight. A lot of you seem to think it's acceptable to steal from the rich, but not the poor?

Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter how well off the person is you're stealing from.
Stealing is taking something you don't have permission to have. Dell sending a monitor to your house (whether intentional or not) is permission enough. Keeping a monitor that Dell sent you (whether itentional or not) is not stealing. Don't use the word "steal" for this anymore, please. Thank you.
 
munkle said:
I find it funny you had to justify that you wouldn't feel because it's a large company

Yeah I found it funny too how it's ok if it's from the big company, but not ok from the little guy. At least be consistent. :)
 
I see how it works. If the company is large, then it's ok to keep the merchandise you never paid for that they accidentally sent to you. If it's small operation, then you send it back.

Honestly, we need to ask ourselves where we went wrong as a soceity when this line of thinking is the rule, and not the exception. I'm sure you will tell your kids to keep things that don't belong to them if they are from "large companies", but to do the right thing and return it if it's a smaller corporation. Do you guys even listen to yourselves?
 
btf1980 said:
I see how it works. If the company is large, then it's ok to keep the merchandise you never paid for that they accidentally sent to you. If it's small operation, then you send it back.

Honestly, we need to ask ourselves where we went wrong as a soceity when this line of thinking is the rule, and not the exception. I'm sure you will tell your kids to keep things that don't belong to them if they are from "large companies", but to do the right thing and return it if it's a smaller corporation. Do you guys even listen to yourselves?

We went wrong the moment we started to let huge money grabbing companies like Dell screw us over.

Grow a backbone. You think the guy at the top is worrying about your 'moralistic values'? Please. If he let himself get hung up on such menial things, he wouldn't be sprawled out in his platinum coated recliner right now, smoking a cigar and having his feet massaged.

I would never go into a shop and steal a Dell monitor, but if someone is incompetent enough to send me two when I only ordered one, you can be damn sure I'd keep it and keep it quiet. I'm not robbing anyone of their dinner by doing so. Whereas if it was a small company run by a small family on a limited budget or something, the effects would be far greater for such people.

It's harsh, but people who put too much faith in 'morals' and doing the 'right thing' will just get spat on in today's competitive society. After all, (and take this comment with a pinch of salt) what's the point in following rules if no one else is? The way I see it, as long as no one gets hurt, no one's unable to pay their bills and is thrown out on the street as a result, etc, as long as no one is fundamentally disadvantaged (and I don't classify Dell loosing $400 out of their millions and millions of profit as being 'fundamentally disadvantaged,' thanks) - there is no reason for anyone to feel guilty. Just as rules are there to be bent, morals should only serve as a guideline in life. Never let morals over-rule common sense, unless you plan to become a nun or something similar.

Yeah, I know I'm being a bit OTT, but there's no point being naive about things. I would love to live off good will and free spirit, because believe it or not I am naturally a very fair minded person (I suppose it comes with being Libran?), also very kind hearted, with a strong belief in justice and all the rest of it, but I know there's just no room for people like that to succeed in life, without some outside help, especially in America, which is one of the most capitalistic countries in the world.

As for the comment about teaching your kids, I would much rather my kids be aware of the society they are living in, than to run around in ignorance and naivety, ultimately becoming the capitalist fodder. Of course people should have morals, and you should teach your kid right and wrong. Stealing is wrong, and I wouldn't condone it no matter who the victim was. But a company like Dell sending you an extra monitor and then you deciding to keep it is not stealing - it's natural justice as far as I'm concerned. :D

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, but people, come on. Companies like Dell are only out for themselves, who would it truly be hurting? And I tell you something else, even if I was mad enough to send it back, you could be damn sure I wouldn't be paying postage for their mess up.
 
Ravane said:
We went wrong the moment we started to let huge money grabbing companies like Dell screw us over.

Grow a backbone. You think the guy at the top is worrying about your 'moralistic values'? Please. If he let himself get hung up on such menial things, he wouldn't be sprawled out in his platinum coated recliner right now, smoking a cigar and having his feet massaged.

I would never go into a shop and steal a Dell monitor, but if someone is incompetent enough to send me two when I only ordered one, you can be damn sure I'd keep it and keep it quiet. I'm not robbing anyone of their dinner by doing so. Whereas if it was a small company run by a small family on a limited budget or something, the effects would be far greater for such people.

It's harsh, but people who put too much faith in 'morals' and doing the 'right thing' will just get spat on in today's competitive society. After all, (and take this comment with a pinch of salt) what's the point in following rules if no one else is?

The way I see it, as long as no one gets hurt, no one's unable to pay their bills and is thrown out on the street as a result, etc, as long as no one is fundamentally disadvantaged (and I don't classify Dell loosing $400 out of their millions and millions of profit as being 'fundamentally disadvantaged,' thanks) - there is no reason for anyone to feel guilty. Just as rules are there to be bent, morals should only serve as a guideline in life. Never let morals over-rule common sense, unless you plan to become a nun or something similar.

Yeah, I know I'm being a bit OTT, but there's no point being naive about things. I would love to live off good will and free spirit, because believe it or not I am naturally a very fair minded person (I suppose it comes with being Libran?), also very kind hearted, with a strong belief in justice and all the rest of it, but I know there's just no room for people like that to succeed in life, without some outside help, especially in America, which is one of the most capitalistic countries in the world.

As for the comment about teaching your kids, I would much rather my kids be aware of the society they are living in, than to run around in ignorance and naivety, ultimately becoming the capitalist fodder. Of course people should have morals, and you should teach your kid right and wrong. Stealing is wrong, and I wouldn't condone it no matter who the victim was. But a company like Dell sending you an extra monitor and then you deciding to keep it is not stealing - it's natural justice as far as I'm concerned. :D

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, but people, come on. Companies like Dell are only out for themselves, who would it truly be hurting? And I tell you something else, even if I was mad enough to send it back, you could be damn sure I wouldn't be paying postage for their mess up.

You're right, and that my friend is the problem with people. I guess I will continue to be the naive person living an honest life, and I will always return things that don't rightfully belong to me, regardless of where it is from. I get it that many of you won't. That's your prerogative, but don't try to rationalize your actions by stating that because most people won't follow rules, keep what doesn't belong to them or do whats "right" that therefore you shouldn't too. Some of us will never see things that way, and to you that may seem naive or stupid, but I suppose we live by different codes of conduct. Humanity keeps dissapointing me.
 
btf1980 said:
You're right, and that my friend is the problem with people. I guess I will continue to be the naive person living an honest life, and I will always return things that don't rightfully belong to me, regardless of where it is from. I get it that many of you won't. That's your prerogative, but don't try to rationalize your actions by stating that because most people won't follow rules, keep what doesn't belong to them or do whats "right" that therefore you shouldn't too. Some of us will never see things that way, and to you that may seem naive or stupid, but I suppose we live by different codes of conduct. Humanity keeps dissapointing me.

I understand and respect your point of view. And to be honest, I admire your integrity. I guess that, to me, success or prosperity is generally more important to me than morals when it comes to matters such as these. Naturally, if it was a life or death situation or something more serious, I would always adhere to a sense of right and wrong. I suppose I just try to distinguish between what is fundamentally important in life and what isn't, so I can still maintain some sense of morality without being left behind in the dust, so to speak.
 
btf1980 said:
You're right, and that my friend is the problem with people. I guess I will continue to be the naive person living an honest life, and I will always return things that don't rightfully belong to me, regardless of where it is from. I get it that many of you won't. That's your prerogative, but don't try to rationalize your actions by stating that because most people won't follow rules, keep what doesn't belong to them or do whats "right" that therefore you shouldn't too. Some of us will never see things that way, and to you that may seem naive or stupid, but I suppose we live by different codes of conduct. Humanity keeps dissapointing me.

The problem with that is, honest people tend to wind up paying for that honesty in certain circumstances.. Imagine getting a 2nd monitor, calling them, and just like in this situation they dont have a record of it, blah blah.. Then sending it back, then a month later getting charged for the 2nd one, and them claiming they never talked to you nor did they get any monitor back.. And to prove otherwise.

Corporations have no compunction with screwing others, especially people that seem too honest.
 
Do you really think a multi-Billion dollar company does not take pre-cautions/checks for this?

Dell will catch up and charge you for it or maybe worse. Maybe not today or this week or even this month, but Dell will eventually notice it.
 
bandit390 said:
Do you really think a multi-Billion dollar company does not take pre-cautions/checks for this?

Dell will catch up and charge you for it or maybe worse. Maybe not today or this week or even this month, but Dell will eventually notice it.

They can't charge him for it, that's illegal. It's their fault they sent it to him. The only question now is whether or not he'll return it. He's not obligated too, and in all honesty, I probably wouldn't.
 
~LoKe said:
They can't charge him for it, that's illegal. It's their fault they sent it to him. The only question now is whether or not he'll return it. He's not obligated too, and in all honesty, I probably wouldn't.

Do you really think this is the first or even the thousandth time that Dell has done something like this?

I don't know the law that well. Maybe they can't charge him for it. But, then again thats why Dell has lots of lawyers and fine print on their website. If you think he basically got a free monitor, then im wasting my time posting in this thread.

Like I said, I don't know the law and I don't know Dell's steps for this. But Dell is a company and has steps in place to protect itself.
 
Thank you to everyone for the entertaining read. I was bored and this sure filled 10 minutes. BTW, it is interesting the justification people use on both sides. Interesting indeed. Oh, and to the OP Dell will find it and charge you. And to whoever said it is illegal to charge him, please read some business law on the topic before posting absolute falshoods on a forum. Aren't internet hoaxes bad enough ?
 
operaman said:
Thank you to everyone for the entertaining read. I was bored and this sure filled 10 minutes. BTW, it is interesting the justification people use on both sides. Interesting indeed. Oh, and to the OP Dell will find it and charge you. And to whoever said it is illegal to charge him, please read some business law on the topic before posting absolute falshoods on a forum. Aren't internet hoaxes bad enough ?

At least under New York state law (unless it has changed) under "Unordered Merchandise" is to be considered a gift.

EDIT: Technically speaking, you could say that the second item wasn't unsolicited, in which case you're responsible for it. What you can do is contact Dell and inform them of their mistake, request they pay the shipping charges to get it back to them, and give them a limited time period to make the return (ie, 30 days.)

If they fail to do so within the allotted time, you may do what you please with it. But only if you make that clear to them.
 
Pff I'd keep it. All that mumbo jumbo about morals is not relevant. Dell is a multi-billion dollar company, they can afford to send 1000 people double order, and still wouldn't really feel much of a difference.

What I'd do is switch credit cards, and make that one inactive, so that then they can't charge it if they find out about it in a week or two. You're not liable to pay for their mistakes, they are. :) Perhaps next time they would be more careful about how many monitors they ship.
 
Canceling a credit card can be a bad idea. Not worth it to dodge Dell when you have full legal recourse. If both shipping labels have your name on them, it's yours. The name on a shipping label is analogous to the pay to the order of field on a check. Once the binding action is carried out (the signature on a check, or the shipment of a package), assuming no failure in transit, the transaction is complete and legally bound.
 
LOLZ

this certainly has been an entertaining read. some of you people posting about keeping it and Dell being a big multinational not being hurt.. etc.. are the reason why the world is going down the shitter...

what is right and wrong is not negotiable here. it is black and white. there is no grey. you got sent one by mistake and it would be wrong to keep it. simple. someone somewhere sometime has to pay for it.

no amount of justification will make it 'right'. rationalize all you want... but you STILL suck if you think it is somehow 'right' in a twisted way.

did your parents teach you the difference between right and wrong?
 
singsing said:
LOLZ

this certainly has been an entertaining read. some of you people posting about keeping it and Dell being a big multinational not being hurt.. etc.. are the reason why the world is going down the shitter...

what is right and wrong is not negotiable here. it is black and white. there is no grey. you got sent one by mistake and it would be wrong to keep it. simple. someone somewhere sometime has to pay for it.

no amount of justification will make it 'right'. rationalize all you want... but you STILL suck if you think it is somehow 'right' in a twisted way.

did your parents teach you the difference between right and wrong?

Sorry, but that's quite a naive comment to make. Very few things in today's world are black and white - life is far more complex than that. The decisions we make are all based on our own interpretations of a situation. There is no rule book which tells us what is definitively right and definitively wrong, I'm afraid (and please don't bring up religion, that's a whole new can of worms). The only person who would pay for a minor mess-up like this is the guy at the top who is getting fat off more profit than he needs anyway.

But you're right, I guess. If people didn't complicate matters like these, life would probably be a much simpler and nicer place, with everyone having a firm sense of morals and values and yadda yadda. But tell me Mr, how do you plan to 'save the world' and convince us all into adopting your ideals? Because as far as I can see, this sort of attitude isn't going to go away any time soon. and you'd be best to either get with the program or bend over. Remember, I'm not saying I like the fact that we all have to look out for ourselves, I'm just saying it's a necessary evil, at least until something revolutionary happens.

Survival of the fittest, as they say.
 
Ravane said:
Survival of the fittest, as they say.

I agree, whoever keeps an lcd monitor that was sent to him accidentally will be the sole survivor and is clearly the fittest. Like a great white shark stalking his prey. Sink or swim motherfucka!! :confused: WHAT?!?!?
 
Ravane said:
Sorry, but that's quite a naive comment to make. Very few things in today's world are black and white - life is far more complex than that. The decisions we make are all based on our own interpretations of a situation. There is no rule book which tells us what is definitively right and definitively wrong, I'm afraid (and please don't bring up religion, that's a whole new can of worms). The only person who would pay for a minor mess-up like this is the guy at the top who is getting fat off more profit than he needs anyway.

But you're right, I guess. If people didn't complicate matters like these, life would probably be a much simpler and nicer place, with everyone having a firm sense of morals and values and yadda yadda. But tell me Mr, how do you plan to 'save the world' and convince us all into adopting your ideals? Because as far as I can see, this sort of attitude isn't going to go away any time soon. and you'd be best to either get with the program or bend over. Remember, I'm not saying I like the fact that we all have to look out for ourselves, I'm just saying it's a necessary evil, at least until something revolutionary happens.

Survival of the fittest, as they say.

well. once again you are rationalizing to make yourself feel better about the materialistic and warped way you relate to the world.

what is so 'complicated' about the situation under discussion?? it is wrong and dishonest when you pay for 1... and keeping the 2nd sent to you which was obviously in error. your 'interpretations' of what is right and wrong unfortunately depend on how you were brought up - what your parents pass on to you... how other people treat you etc. sure.. i can accept that to an extent. however, honesty is not a complicated concept (to you it seems to be so). it is not open to 'interpretations'. it is one of those things which 'just is'. it without a doubt dishonest to keep somehting sent to you in error and not paying for it. especially if it will cost you nothign to send it back. if the company tells you to keep it.. so you get lucky. i wont even go into explaining to concept of 'integrity' ....

someone somewhere is paying for it.. there is no such thing as a free lunch. whether anyone is going to be 'harmed' by it is irrelevant. it has nothing to do with it.

im not even talking about religion. or rule books or whatever the crap you are on about. simple black and white RIGHT AND WRONG.

i never indicated that i wanted to 'save the world' or even try to get anyone to adopt my viewpoint. this is a public forum and i wanted to express my viewpoint as you have yourself.

to rebutt your point - just because the majority are depraved and dishonest... does that mean that you have to be as well just to 'fit in'? why do you have to lower yourself and your ideals just because people around you are doing it? GET A SPINE!! be a real man. Principles, integrity , honesty... forgotten concepts.

your post is totally preposterous with regard to the 'survival of the fittest' concept. it is once again your way of making yourself believe you somehow are doing the right thing by dishonestly keeping a monitor sent to you in error!! someone somewhere will be held accountable for that error.

enough of this.... you crack me up. i would hate to see what you teach your children or future children.
 
btf1980 said:
I agree, whoever keeps an lcd monitor that was sent to him accidentally will be the sole survivor and is clearly the fittest. Like a great white shark stalking his prey. Sink or swim motherfucka!! :confused: WHAT?!?!?

lol... yes.. my reaction was similar. totally inappropriate use of the concept of 'survival of the fittest' ... not even sure where he was headed...


:rolleyes:
 
singsing said:
well. once again you are rationalizing to make yourself feel better about the materialistic and warped way you relate to the world.

what is so 'complicated' about the situation under discussion?? it is wrong and dishonest when you pay for 1... and keeping the 2nd sent to you which was obviously in error. your 'interpretations' of what is right and wrong unfortunately depend on how you were brought up - what your parents pass on to you... how other people treat you etc. sure.. i can accept that to an extent. however, honesty is not a complicated concept (to you it seems to be so). it is not open to 'interpretations'. it is one of those things which 'just is'. it without a doubt dishonest to keep somehting sent to you in error and not paying for it. especially if it will cost you nothign to send it back. if the company tells you to keep it.. so you get lucky. i wont even go into explaining to concept of 'integrity' ....

someone somewhere is paying for it.. there is no such thing as a free lunch. whether anyone is going to be 'harmed' by it is irrelevant. it has nothing to do with it.

im not even talking about religion. or rule books or whatever the crap you are on about. simple black and white RIGHT AND WRONG.

i never indicated that i wanted to 'save the world' or even try to get anyone to adopt my viewpoint. this is a public forum and i wanted to express my viewpoint as you have yourself.

to rebutt your point - just because the majority are depraved and dishonest... does that mean that you have to be as well just to 'fit in'? why do you have to lower yourself and your ideals just because people around you are doing it? GET A SPINE!! be a real man. Principles, integrity , honesty... forgotten concepts.

your post is totally preposterous with regard to the 'survival of the fittest' concept. it is once again your way of making yourself believe you somehow are doing the right thing by dishonestly keeping a monitor sent to you in error!! someone somewhere will be held accountable for that error.

enough of this.... you crack me up. i would hate to see what you teach your children or future children.
Personally, I would teach my children to keep the monitor :).

These rants from self-righteous people are always fun to read.
 
singsing said:
well. once again you are rationalizing to make yourself feel better about the materialistic and warped way you relate to the world.

what is so 'complicated' about the situation under discussion?? it is wrong and dishonest when you pay for 1... and keeping the 2nd sent to you which was obviously in error. your 'interpretations' of what is right and wrong unfortunately depend on how you were brought up - what your parents pass on to you... how other people treat you etc. sure.. i can accept that to an extent. however, honesty is not a complicated concept (to you it seems to be so). it is not open to 'interpretations'. it is one of those things which 'just is'. it without a doubt dishonest to keep somehting sent to you in error and not paying for it. especially if it will cost you nothign to send it back. if the company tells you to keep it.. so you get lucky. i wont even go into explaining to concept of 'integrity' ....

someone somewhere is paying for it.. there is no such thing as a free lunch. whether anyone is going to be 'harmed' by it is irrelevant. it has nothing to do with it.

im not even talking about religion. or rule books or whatever the crap you are on about. simple black and white RIGHT AND WRONG.

i never indicated that i wanted to 'save the world' or even try to get anyone to adopt my viewpoint. this is a public forum and i wanted to express my viewpoint as you have yourself.

to rebutt your point - just because the majority are depraved and dishonest... does that mean that you have to be as well just to 'fit in'? why do you have to lower yourself and your ideals just because people around you are doing it? GET A SPINE!! be a real man. Principles, integrity , honesty... forgotten concepts.

your post is totally preposterous with regard to the 'survival of the fittest' concept. it is once again your way of making yourself believe you somehow are doing the right thing by dishonestly keeping a monitor sent to you in error!! someone somewhere will be held accountable for that error.

enough of this.... you crack me up. i would hate to see what you teach your children or future children.

What is right or wrong is not concrete. People thought slavery and using other people for free was right also, but now it's completely unacceptable. The only one that is going to pay for that extra monitor is Dell, and according to wikipedia, they made $3.5 billion this year income, so I'm sure they can afford to pay for their mistakes. :)
 
zipper0 said:
What is right or wrong is not concrete. People thought slavery and using other people for free was right also, but now it's completely unacceptable. The only one that is going to pay for that extra monitor is Dell, and according to wikipedia, they made $3.5 billion this year income, so I'm sure they can afford to pay for their mistakes. :)

not everyone thought that slavery was right. infact many were opposed to it even during the time that it was occurring. go read the history books.

some people had a conscience (you DO know what that is right??). and that led to the abolishment of slavery and and end to that terrible chapter of human history.

in todays materialistic and selfish world.. it is ever more important to be clear in one's vision of what is right and wrong. you who say that it is right to keep the monitor are letting greed and materialism cloud your thinking.

thats all it boils down to. greed. and more greed.

no more common decency. LOL.

you sir.. are the one who should be laughed at.
 
I don't understand the problem here. By not offering to return the item at their expense, you're essentially stealing (i.e. taking what is not yours). They deserve your honesty as much as anyone else, and to say keeping it wouldn't be wrong because they're nearly a monopoly is just ignorant.

So, here's how it stands.

Keep it and be dishonest.
Or,
Notify them of their mistake, and hope they let you keep it.

Personally, I would probably keep it. I wouldn't claim it's "fair" or "not that big of a deal", because that would be stupid.
 
ummm

thats what im saying. it really isnt complicated. but people choose to make it so.... so that it would seem 'right' in some twisted way if they kept it quiet and kept the 2nd monitor for free...
 
my .02 on this matter is if he had atleast tried it out for like 2 days 2x24" goodness we would never even have this discussion, doing what is morally right is beyond consideration for that matter...
 
singsing said:
tsome of you people posting about keeping it and Dell being a big multinational not being hurt.. etc.. are the reason why the world is going down the shitter...

Sorry buddy, but people like YOU are why this world is going down the shitter. People that talk in moral absolutes and refuse to see other people's point of view are the people that start wars and cause most of the social unrest in this world.

Realize that there are other people in the world asside from you and they have every right to have their own morals as you do.

And even if you continue to believe that you are right (which I'm sure you will) you need to realize that berating people with view that differ from your own does not change them. When was the last time you were an asshole to someone and they listened to what you had to say?

Exactly, never. So either learn to express yourself in a reasonable unoffensive way,... or STFU.
 
That's pretty ignorant. Even when dealing with morals, some things are clear cut. Keeping something that isn't rightfully yours is wrong, regardless of your belief. Stealing is stealing; act accordingly.
 
zipper0 said:
People thought slavery and using other people for free was right also, but now it's completely unacceptable.

You ever hear of abolitionists before? I'm sure the slaves would disagree with you as well...lol. Let's see how low the totem pole we go here. Hey, you ever here of NAMBLA? They believe making love to little boys is right. It's all shades of gray right? In some countries, child brides are acceptable. Yeah..... :rolleyes:
 
TMan1876 said:
Sorry buddy, but people like YOU are why this world is going down the shitter. People that talk in moral absolutes and refuse to see other people's point of view are the people that start wars and cause most of the social unrest in this world.

Realize that there are other people in the world asside from you and they have every right to have their own morals as you do.

And even if you continue to believe that you are right (which I'm sure you will) you need to realize that berating people with view that differ from your own does not change them. When was the last time you were an asshole to someone and they listened to what you had to say?

Exactly, never. So either learn to express yourself in a reasonable unoffensive way,... or STFU.

thats exactly the problem. you possess your 'own morals' HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a load of crap. since when was it right to 'make up' your own right and wrong' . thank you so much for making my point. shades of grey my ASS.

that clearly is the root of the problem. you make up your own moral code. anyone see a problem with that??? that is what is so fucked up about it all.

i dont know what is so 'asshole' about pointing out that stealing is wrong. so i have to coat it in sugar and politically correct garbage to MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR CORRUPT PRACTICES? LOL LOL and more LOL.

you are a hypocrite. you are doing much the same thing you are accusing me of.
 
Back
Top