Dell Outlet - Ridiculous

It's been time to upgrade for a while now. I was going to build a C2D system but I was on the Dell outlet and found a deal I could not pass up.

Athlox 3800 X2 (AM2)
1GB DDR2 533
160GB SATA
Win XP Home

Total Price - $269

Is it just me or does that sound ridiculous? How on earth are they making money on that? Even for a certified refurb unit (that comes with 1yr warranty). With S/H & Tax it was $321 out the door...as far as I'm concerned, cant beat it.

All that money I saved is now going into a s w e e t video card...

Just to note, this was the best I'd seen in the last couple days but they consistently had E6300 C2D systems from $529. There were even a few that went as low as $489...

Must be a crappy motherboard on the c2d and athlons, BUT, even if they were, upgrade that, graphics card, and 2gb of ram and you stay under $500 WITH a brand new OS. Sounds awesome. If it works out, tell me, I will buy one.

MrLarryLarry said:
It's been time to upgrade for a while now. I was going to build a C2D system but I was on the Dell outlet and found a deal I could not pass up.

Athlox 3800 X2 (AM2)
1GB DDR2 533
160GB SATA
Win XP Home

Total Price - $269

Is it just me or does that sound ridiculous? How on earth are they making money on that? Even for a certified refurb unit (that comes with 1yr warranty). With S/H & Tax it was $321 out the door...as far as I'm concerned, cant beat it.

All that money I saved is now going into a s w e e t video card...

Just to note, this was the best I'd seen in the last couple days but they consistently had E6300 C2D systems from $529. There were even a few that went as low as $489...

Hot deals are relative.

I recently purchased

Gateway 5082 Tower
Windows Media Center 2005 + Free Vista Upgrade
Amd X2-3800+ (s939)
2 gb PC3200 (4x512)
16X Dual Layer DvD burner
250GB 7200RPM

$303.99 + tax

Oh, and this was new, not refurb.

^^^

Dang, nice snag. I wouldn't mind getting that especially with the free vista upgrade.

I dunno, it seems like every now and then someone enters a wrong price for the outlet or something.

I just bought an e1505 laptop from them with

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200
2GB ram
80gb 5400rpm hard drive
XP MCE
9 cell battery
etc.

and it was only 685 w/tax. Only downside is it has integrated graphics :( , but I dont really PC game anymore so thats not too big a problem.

I guess maybe to a company that size clearing out space in the warehouse is just as improtant as makig a profit.

Don't forget the 79+ dollars you can get from sueing/convincing them from not accepting the Windows license.

Damn There was one in there for 319$ and someone had already snaged it.
Grrrrr I be looking out for this deal again. Cool thing its in NF430 Mobo and AM2!! Woohoo.

I dont see the dell for 269 that you posted, the cheapest i see is about 409? where is the 269 located

PCI-E x16 and 2 PCI Slots. Also this as an AM2 setup, non 939, and its an 6150/430 Mobo. I bit on one for 299$

X2 3800
250GB SATA II HD
DVD Burner
1GB PC 5300
Nice Quiet BTX design.
XP Media Center
Keyboard and Mouse

For that price IMO you can't beat not even come close :cool:

Guys keep yours eyes out. Watch there outlet, deals like these are just random. I got mine at like 6AM PST before work ;)

krusha said:
I dont see the dell for 269 that you posted, the cheapest i see is about 409? where is the 269 located

you just gotta watch it, every now and then a great deal will pop up and you gotta be ready to strike dells outlet for massive savings.

I grabbed one last week (Dimension E521) for $379 + tax
X2 3800+ AM2 socket
2x 1gb DDR2-522
DVD+/-RW drive (the E521 have no IDE ports, this is a Sata burner!)
160gb sata
256mb GeForce 7300LE (PCI-E)
XP MCE with CD
keyboard/mouse

dbwillis said:
X2 3800+ AM2 socket
2x 1gb DDR2-522
160gb sata
XP MCE with CD
keyboard/mouse
quite impressive!

dbwillis said:
X2 3800+ AM2 socket
2x 1gb DDR2-522
160gb sata
XP MCE with CD
keyboard/mouse
nice not bad. Can you confirm that Dell locks the bios or do we have some control for a bit of O/Cing?

Vengance_01 said:
nice not bad. Can you confirm that Dell locks the bios or do we have some control for a bit of O/Cing?

The BIOS' are locked, so you're looking at a new motherboard if you do want to do some OCing, but even then, its still not a bad deal. . .

No overclocking in the BIOS from what I saw, but I was only in there for a few minutes to enable the Sata ports that werent connect from the factory

Hum ok just wondering. Never used a Dell AMD Based machine, and was wondering B/C even if there is no voltage control and just maybe a FSB and memory ratio setting, these X2's scale pretty well even on stock voltage. The computer is for my G/F, she wants to play WoW and Sims 2. I have an old Dell 6800NU 256MB card(12 pipes, 256bit bus, DDR2,) that will be going in to complete the system.

Yes, but normally they look brand new and still carry a 1 year standard warranty :D

you have to keep a sharp eye out for the deals on the outlet...i just bought a laptop from them late late fri eve like 2am 3rd lappy ive bought from them in the past 6years or so,i just keep upgrading:)

Inspiron 9400/E1705 Notebook: Intel Core Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
8X DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 677MHz (2 DIMMs)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
60 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)

$1009 $1079 out to door with tax
on its way right now
:D

i removed a x2 3800 for $319 from my cart.. just because the OP got one cheaper..

oh foolish me....

FanZ said:
i removed a x2 3800 for $319 from my cart.. just because the OP got one cheaper..

oh foolish me....
hum are you trying to be sarcastic, because I can't tell.
:rolleyes:

i do wish that i could've bought that system, but after considering for 10 minutes with it in my cart, i finally figured that i dont have $320 to spend on a computer, would rather it spend it on books next semester instead.

it was gone in 10 seconds flat after i removed it.

I think odd hours yield much better results. I snagged the sys i described above at like 4am PST...

too many ebay resellers on the outlet during normal hours trying to snag 'em quick to resell on ebay.

Just my .02

:) i nearly became one of them. i was considering selling them for parts to see if i can gain a little to fund a c2d system. then the shipping and taxes forced me to let it go.

excellent deal you got there though, how much did it come out to after shipping charge and taxes? around 330-ish?

I picked up this system for $599:

Core Duo 6300
2GB of Ram
250GB HD - Sata II
Integrated Audigy Card
DVD 8x
Keyboard and mouse
Windows Media Center

It was one of the smaller form factor cases, XPS 210, that has two free ports (16x PCIE and 1x PCI).

Also came with a 2 year limited warranty and in-home service.

Seems like a great deal to me.

Dimension C521 - $179.00

AMD Athlon 64 - 2000
Genuine Windows XP Home
80 GB EIDE SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
512 MB RAM
DVD-ROM

Showed up for all of 10 seconds.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be a Canadian version of the Dell Outlet. :(

Edit: I should just add these hot deals to my cart out of spite, MWAHAHAHAHA. :)

Dimension E521 Small Mini-Tower:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (2 DIMMs)
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro
320 GB EIDE SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, w/Dolby Digital 5.1
Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
48X CD RW/DVD Combo Drive
16X DVD ROM Drive

$549

I just couldn't resist. Damn you dell. Scratch and Dent, not a Refurb. I bought a scratch and dent Inspiron 600m a couple of months ago for ~$400.

Oooska said:
The BIOS' are locked, so you're looking at a new motherboard if you do want to do some OCing, but even then, its still not a bad deal. . .

What about a windows utility like clockgen?

Server Error in '/ARBONLINESALES' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

LOL

BTW: Is the default sorting by added date? I see the quantities fluxuate (sp?) alot without the top stuff changing.

3Aims said:
I picked up this system for $599:

Core Duo 6300
2GB of Ram
250GB HD - Sata II
Integrated Audigy Card
DVD 8x
Keyboard and mouse
Windows Media Center

It was one of the smaller form factor cases, XPS 210, that has two free ports (16x PCIE and 1x PCI).

Also came with a 2 year limited warranty and in-home service.

Seems like a great deal to me.

I just priced this same computer at dell and it is $1,287. Nice 50% discount with a 2 year warranty.

Thanks for the heads up. I was debating whether or not to get a Core2 Duo setup, but mine was priced at 900 + tax/sh. I don't OC so I'll be looking for good deals here.

Meant to say 900 + tax / sh + cost of XP

I'd bought a laptop for my fiancee in October through Outlet, great little dual core yonah 1gb of ram, 80gb hdd, 802.11a/b/g, dvd-rw, etc for $599, this thread inspired me & my brother to snag a new box for our parents for Christmas:

$339.00
Dimension E521
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+ (2.0 GHz)
1 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (2 DIMMS)
160 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache
16X DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
Genuine Windows XP MediaCenter 2005
USB 2 Button Mouse
USB Keyboard
Operating System CD Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
Hardware is Microsoft Vista Capable

Not a bad deal and added on a 19" LCD to sweeten the pot.

Just went back to see if any $599-649 E6300 setups with 2GB of ram were left. None. Cheapest one was $749. I saw 8-10 yesterday. Must be shopping season.

Back