Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

My 3007 return should be there on Thursday
so there will probably be at least one 3007 available Friday?

Fedex is taking their sweet old time recalling the package.

So why did you return your 3007? They wouldnt do an exchange?
I notice there were none left today but Im sure they keep some in stock.

My first one I received last week looked brand new. I got Rev.2

Im supposed to get the 2nd one this Friday. It is coming from Jefferson, Kentucky. Someone on here mentioned that they were getting theirs from Nashville, TN.

My only complaint about this display is that it does have a grainy/sparkly look which you mainly notice on white screens.
I think this type of screen is sometimes better because it gives images/text a sharper look. Im hoping to get a different revision this time so I can see if there is a difference.

Mine came in a few minutes ago, just hooked it up... not as overwhelmingly huge as I was expecting :( but it is quite sweet :D. I'm about to go play some CoD4 to test it out...

My only complaint about this display is that it does have a grainy/sparkly look which you mainly notice on white screens.
I think this type of screen is sometimes better because it gives images/text a sharper look. Im hoping to get a different revision this time so I can see if there is a difference.

That grainy sparky look comes with every 30'' IPS panel.

They have more in stock today. Couldn't hold out anymore and grabbed one for $722 (including tax, shipping and ebay coupon). Now if only my SSC actually comes through from Buy.com I'll be all set.....

Question - how are people calibrating this thing without on-screen controls? Graphics card driver control panel?

Dell and fedex screwed up and apparently I may get the monitor today after all.

I may keep it if I can get them to extend the warranty.

Not sure how some of you sweet talked them into that I but I will give it a try.

It sure is difficult to talk to them though, I had to call a dozen times to get my account off "verification hold" even though they charged me, and now they won't talk to me about extending the warranty until I have a service tag.

Has anyone made a calibrated .ICM file for the 3007 ?

I'm guess I am going to compare the 3007 against this 24" Soyo MVA panel and see which one I like best and the loser goes back.

Will Dell give me a return tag for shipping or am I going to have to fork it out?

ps. what number are y'all calling for customer service with the least run-around and hold time?

They have more in stock today. Couldn't hold out anymore and grabbed one for $722 (including tax, shipping and ebay coupon). Now if only my SSC actually comes through from Buy.com I'll be all set.....

Question - how are people calibrating this thing without on-screen controls? Graphics card driver control panel?

I have used both the Spyder 2 and the Nvidia control panel.
The Nvidia control panel is really lacking on adjustments though. I like the ATI control panel a lot better. I still dont have the screen exactly the way I think it should be so Im getting the Spyder 3 Pro which is supposed to handle wide gamut type displays better.

Dell and fedex screwed up and apparently I may get the monitor today after all.

I may keep it if I can get them to extend the warranty.

Not sure how some of you sweet talked them into that I but I will give it a try.

It sure is difficult to talk to them though, I had to call a dozen times to get my account off "verification hold" even though they charged me, and now they won't talk to me about extending the warranty until I have a service tag.

Has anyone made a calibrated .ICM file for the 3007 ?

I'm guess I am going to compare the 3007 against this 24" Soyo MVA panel and see which one I like best and the loser goes back.

Will Dell give me a return tag for shipping or am I going to have to fork it out?

ps. what number are y'all calling for customer service with the least run-around and hold time?

Just to play it safe if you decide to return it and dont want to pay shipping. Tell them you are returning it because you want to buy the 3008 instead or some other reason like that. Also if they ask if you want to order it now tell them you have to wait for the credit to your account for the return.
I did this with new and outlet notebooks last year and never had a problem. They would email me a return label or just send the driver with a label.

Just to play it safe if you decide to return it and dont want to pay shipping. Tell them you are returning it because you want to buy the 3008 instead or some other reason like that. Also if they ask if you want to order it now tell them you have to wait for the credit to your account for the return.
I did this with new and outlet notebooks last year and never had a problem. They would email me a return label or just send the driver with a label.

See this is why I ask how to do these things, I'm just not devious enough. Thanks!

Hoping I can find a way to justify keeping it though. It better last 5 years.

Will it have blacker blacks than this MVA Soyo?

I can't figure out why the black background on websites is nice and black but the desktop black is not deep black. Maybe it's uneven backlight, I dunno.

Finally bit and ordered 2. Couldn't use the EPP with it (sigh). Real shame that an ejunkies coupon gives better deals than a corporate discount. This Dell computer I'm forced to use with a half gig of ram is a real piece of crap.

2.5 weeks and no shipment. I guess my account is once again "under special review" and no one on the Dell support lines can talk to me about it. I've left one message every three days on the voicemail at the phone number they refer me to. My order is now listed as 'canceled' and I can't place any new orders with Dell. And for the record, my finances are all in order. I've never had an issue like this before.

2.5 weeks and no shipment. I guess my account is once again "under special review" and no one on the Dell support lines can talk to me about it.
You've been convicted as a reseller without agreeing to the reseller rules. I used to order several systems at a time from the outlet and I never got banned. How many orders did you place?

IIRC *VA panels typically have the blackest blacks, so probably not assuming your Soyo is a recent model.

Well I finally got it running, though apparently the ATI x800 is not dual-link DVI despite ATI's claim, so I'll have to wait for my GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB to show up sometime next week or two to run it at full resolution - windows will only let me do 1280x800 for now no matter what tricks I try.

But even like this I can tell it's going to be incredibly tempting to keep this monitor, it's insanely huge and the clarity is fantastic. There is not a single dead pixel from what I can tell, though it's not 1:1 yet so who knows.

The tilt/swivel, raise/lower is extremely well engineered, no? Wow.

Really wish I could see full rez. Ouch my wallet is going to hurt all this year.

You know what's really funny? It uses less power than the 24" Soyo according to my kill-a-watt, and that's at lowest brightness for both.

This only uses 188 watts with my computer, total.
The 24" was just over 200 watts with the computer.

So what is the effect called when it looks like there are four spotlights, one in each corner, shining inwards.

Uneven lighting? I think I might have that.

When nothing is on the screen, that's what I can see.

I can't believe they don't let brightness go any lower, I had to use the gamma settings on the video card.

This monitor is very tough to calibrate even with the Spyder3 Pro.
The Nvidia control panel is what makes it worse because of the lack of adjustments. The ATI control panel has a saturation adjustment which works great. Im having a real problem getting a good calibration. Guess I could get an ATI type card but that seems alittle extreme.

Doesn't nvidia call saturation Digital Vibrance Control (DVC)
Maybe you could use that to dial it down (or are you trying to go up?)

So what is the effect called when it looks like there are four spotlights, one in each corner, shining inwards.

Uneven lighting? I think I might have that.

It depends. If you see it the same while looking at an angle as well as strait on from close it's backlight bleed. If it's viewing angle dependent, it's the glow all IPS panels without a T(rue)W(hite) polarizing filter have. a TW polarizer turns it into a much fainter red/green glow (left/right angle dependent) that's almost unnoticable unless you go looking for it. Because of it's cost though the TW filter isn't included on entry level IPS panels. From price comparing otherwise identical 26" IPS panels it adds IIRC $100ish retail.

I can't believe they don't let brightness go any lower, I had to use the gamma settings on the video card.

Lies. Damn Lies. LCD Specifications. The backlights used in LCDs are only capable of a 2-3x shift in intensity. And while in normal lighting conditions at the normal sitting distance for a PC monitor you want between 80-120 candellas of brightness, all Joe Moron knows is that 200max isn't as good as 300 and 300 isn't as good as 400, so all newish LCDs have TV class backlights in them and to get a comfortable brightness level you generally have to turn the contrast down to about 40-65% with the resultant loss of all the contrast ratio gained since 2004 or os.

Doesn't nvidia call saturation Digital Vibrance Control (DVC)
Maybe you could use that to dial it down (or are you trying to go up?)

Digital Vibrance and Image Sharpening are not working. Im going to try and fix that by downloading Riva Tuner which supposedly will fix this.
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t79889.html

Well I did get a Nvidia control panel with Digital Vibrance (saturation) but the problem is that it only goes to zero. This panel needs the digital vibrance brought down to a negative number to get rid of some of the color saturation. So this is a problem Im not sure can be cured unless I find an ATI type card that could run this monitor.

Sorry it didn't help. Let me know if you find some hidden way to turn on the dual-link in my x800.

OH! What about the good old "PowerStrip" program which used to be able to control a great deal of things about the video card / monitor and save it permanently. Do they still update that software?

Another interesting thing, when I turned on the monitor today, the brightness was back at 15 instead of where I had it set to zero. It only has one setting built in and doesn't remember it?

Might have to figure out how to send the command via the USB port the way the control panel does.

Powerstrip can read some interesting info from this monitor including the serial and date of manufacture:

You've been convicted as a reseller without agreeing to the reseller rules. I used to order several systems at a time from the outlet and I never got banned. How many orders did you place?

One. Apparently my account has been cleared, so now I can place the order. My coupon was permanently invalidated, though, so I have to buy another one. Every time I talk to someone one the tech support line they are massively confused by whatever they see on my account file, but they're not allowed to tell me what it is.

Well, I'll give this another shot.

The last call I made to Dell they did ask me about the coupon I had used.
I think some departments are starting to ask questions.

I have never had a pleasant call or online chat with Dell though, I am not sure how some of you sweet-talk them.

But they print coupons like candy and the discount was specifically for outlet monitors so how can they complain? But all it takes is one bad note on the account and I guess it's trouble from there.

I removed my 9800GTX SLI and installed an ATI HD 4870 to see if I could get a better calibration using the ATI Control Panel. Difference was like night and day!!!!
The ATI control panel is excellent for this monitor. Not only does it adjust Saturation and Hue but also the other Color adjustments. Now the ATI control panel even has a Color Temperature adjustment which makes it even better. This makes for very nice Picture Quality especially being able to turn down the Color Saturation. I will probably get a 2nd 4870 for Crossfire and sell my 9800GTX cards. Im supposed to get my 2nd 3007 tomorrow.

As far as the coupons Im not sure what Dell is worried about.........why would they care?
Seems like they are just trying to get rid of these monitors.
I used two different coupons myself and they never questioned me.
It would be very difficult to sell these monitors on Ebay at this point and make a profit anyway.

Son-of-a-bee. I just figured something out.

They sent me a single-link cable, not a dual link.

If the pins on your cable have a gap between them, one block of pins, and then another block, you have single link.

It should be a complete solid block of many, many pins with no gap at all.

Argh. So it's not my video card at all.

I bet when someone sent back the monitor they slipped in a single link instead of the dual.

Yes I got my 2nd 3007 today and they sent me the wrong DVI cable this time. I called Dell and they are sending the correct cable.

The monitor is in the same shape as the last one I received in almost new condition. No dead/bad pxiels and no cosmetic damage. Everything works great.

Im really loving this ATI control panel which is the only way to go with this monitor if you want to really get a good picture.

See that's amazing that everyone has such an easy time calling Dell and getting what they need fixed.

I first called customer service and they told me that's all it comes with, I'll have to buy another cable.

Called tech support and they said I'll have to buy another cable.

After fuming for a few minutes after all that, I thought of calling sales and asking them if it should come with the right cables and they admited that there have been screwups and the other departments don't know.

So they are overnighting the cable.

But that was another hour of my time lost on this.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a note on my account to treat this customer like cr*p.

See that's amazing that everyone has such an easy time calling Dell and getting what they need fixed.

I first called customer service and they told me that's all it comes with, I'll have to buy another cable.

Called tech support and they said I'll have to buy another cable.

After fuming for a few minutes after all that, I thought of calling sales and asking them if it should come with the right cables and they admited that there have been screwups and the other departments don't know.

So they are overnighting the cable.

But that was another hour of my time lost on this.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a note on my account to treat this customer like cr*p.

Dont feel bad. Even though they were agreeable to sending another cable since I explained that the 1st 3007 I received had the correct cable and this one had the wrong cable and even gave them the part number it still took close to an hour for them to send me another cable.
They had to call other depts put me on hold and then called me back. It was a pain in the ass...............

DVI cable, $10 shipped on monoprice. Is it really worth an hour of your time to argue over it?

DVI cable, $10 shipped on monoprice. Is it really worth an hour of your time to argue over it?

LOL actually that is what I was thinking once I made the phone call and it starting dragging on and on. Why didnt I just go and buy the damn thing:mad:

Picked mine up last night, came with manual, CD, USB, dual-DVI and power cable. Zero dead pixels. It's big but not huge. I need a taller chair now though.

Now I just need to figure out how to calibrate it on the cheap. The colors are really different to my 2007. I don't know which one is more accurate though.

I decided I really do want the 5 year warranty if I am going to keep this.

After an hour on the phone to like four different departments, apparently you can't extend the warranty on refurbished models afterwards.

The last department told me to return it and rebuy it with the 5 year warranty, seriously.

They are doing a pickup for free. This is absolutely insane, I can't imagine what it costs them to be this incredibly inefficient.

I got my two in yesterday (apparently FedEx was the only company making deliveries on the MLK Day). Love them - both look perfectly new. What's odd is that both came with 2 sets of cables and manuals, so now I have spares. I still need to optimize them and figure out the best settings, but I'm happy with them so far.

Well I finally gave in tonight haha I have been drooling over these since I saw that price and got my new card. There was the non HC version locally but couldn't say no to the 3 year warranty.

Well I finally gave in tonight haha I have been drooling over these since I saw that price and got my new card. There was the non HC version locally but couldn't say no to the 3 year warranty.

JUst curious where did you find the non HC locally and also how much?

JUst curious where did you find the non HC locally and also how much?

Craigslist. There turned out to be both a 3007 and 3008 available in the Chicago area and he had it(3007) listed at $600 but said he was willing to go lower. He didn't specify the amount and I didn't push it as the warranty was a big selling point for me in case something happens.

Speaking of dual link DVI cables. Which ones are we supposed to get if we go through monoprice? I notice that the cables they are selling only go 2048 x 1536. The resolution of the 3007 is 2560 x 1600.
Will these work or am I looking at the wrong cables?

That's called crap documentation. All dual link cables support 2560x1600x24 (the last 8bits of YYYYxZZZZx32 are only used internally and not output to the monitor) digital. 2048x1536 is the max analog resolution on the VGA wires in the cable.

Back