Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

I bought a second one of these back in november and I got the 5 year warranty. Its amazing how cheap these are since I bought my original 3007 in April of 2006 and getting it for $1600 back then (retailed at $2799) was an awesome price.

I would really recommend the warranty to people since I have had issues with the power button and random turn offs and I am now on my 3rd 3007WFP (non HC). I brought the second one for my system at work. I have to say these are awesome monitors (especially for gaming) but they really need to be higher res (like 3840x2400 since they are 30 inches).

My dad also got in on this deal but got it even cheaper for his tripple monitor setup at work with a total of 15.616 megapixels of desktop real-estate:

http://box.houkouonchi.jp/tripple_mon/DSC_5518.JPG
http://box.houkouonchi.jp/tripple_mon/DSC_5515.JPG

And my order was canceled again. My Dell account apparently has some unspeakable hold placed on it, as no one I ever talk to at Dell on the phone can talk to me about my account. Since I first tried to order this monitor I've placed at least 10 phone calls, 5 voicemails with different agents, burned through 2 of the 15% off coupons (one time use, $5 each) and haven't received a single call back or any resolution from Dell.

If this isn't resolved by Friday, I give up.

Agent - what method did you use for payment? I had no issues with mine, but I paid with Paypal.

Those of you that need monitor calibrations I have my 3007-HC calibrated using a Spyder2 if you guys are interested in trying out the profile....(note that no monitors are ever the same and each calibration is different but you could give it a shot and it could be better or worse)

Agent - what method did you use for payment? I had no issues with mine, but I paid with Paypal.

Different credit card each time. Apparently there was some weird annotation on my account that no one could figure out. According to the person on the phone my order should actually be resubmitted tomorrow.

I just got mine today. I found it on the doorstep of my apartment out in the cold with the box half way open. For this huge package they choose to use 1 strip of packaging tape /sigh. On the plus side everything was there and this is the best thing I have ever bought.

I have been giggling like a school girl since receiving it and haven't found any obvious flaws yet. It came with all the cords and everything was still sealed in the plastic wrap.

If anyone is on the fence about this do it, it's amazing.

Yeah one thing about Dell's packaging - it really works for this monitor.
I've taken it down from a bench and looked at it at 1280x800 several times now and I worry about all the movement but the package is really solid and safe in there.

Darn new video card better show up this week. Last day to return is Thursday :(

I guess if/when I keep this I can toss the box since they send another with any replacement. I don't have the space for this huge thing, lol

I wish I had some feedback from people who owned this monitor for a few years, if they had to replace it at all. I see huge complaints people with the original 3007 (non HC) who had to replace theirs several times.

Should I go through all the effort to get the 5 year warranty or just deal with it at 3 ?

I wish I had some feedback from people who owned this monitor for a few years, if they had to replace it at all. I see huge complaints people with the original 3007 (non HC) who had to replace theirs several times.

Should I go through all the effort to get the 5 year warranty or just deal with it at 3 ?
The way tech is going, in three years they'll have some kind of insane OLED godlike monitor that is a window to another reality :p.

The way tech is going, in three years they'll have some kind of insane OLED godlike monitor that is a window to another reality :p.

Eh or not. There still isn't an LCD made that's better than a FW900, just larger screen.

Plus this is a HUGE expense for me. It would need to last twice as long as my FW900 did.

Finally got a video card that can run this beast at full resolution.

And I'm sorry to say, I really hate it. Seriously. It's too big.

I have to move my head to see things in corners, not used to that.

So I waited too long on this and have decided I want one now.

But the eJunkie coupon is now expired.

Anyone know of a different 15% off coupon?

Finally got a video card that can run this beast at full resolution.

And I'm sorry to say, I really hate it. Seriously. It's too big.

I have to move my head to see things in corners, not used to that.

hmmm, maybe you need to get a bigger desk and sit back a little?

Crazy question but does anyone make a LCD with 2560x1600 in a size smaller than 30", say a 28" or even 26" ? Or is that density too much for LCD ?

Heh, that would be the other side of extreme.
I think anything above 140dpi would become difficult to manage.

It takes a while getting used to but once you have it's great. Sucks that you need to spend much $$$ to keep games running native but the sheer amount of desktop space is fantastic. I don't think I've alt-tabbed since I got it :)

I think I figured out what's really bothering my eyes on this monitor.
It's the coating. It does something weird to black text on white background.

There's more DPI so the characters look better but it's hard for my eyes to focus on them because of the coating.

Non-white backgrounds look okay though with light or dark text.

Is this coating considered glossy or matte?

Well, after trying twice to order this monitor with the 15% coupon, I give up. One order was canceled for reasons that no one on the phone can explain to me, and the second was just plain lost, apparently. Now they're telling me they'd be happy to sell it to me at the full price, but neither of my 15% off orders will be honored. This comes after countless hours on the phone since my first order on January 6th.

Absolutely amazing. I give up.

Well, after trying twice to order this monitor with the 15% coupon, I give up.

Probably too many people doing it soured the deal.
Management must have noticed eventually.
Apparently all the coupons have dried up too so that might be related.

I think I figured out what's really bothering my eyes on this monitor.
It's the coating. It does something weird to black text on white background.

There's more DPI so the characters look better but it's hard for my eyes to focus on them because of the coating.

Non-white backgrounds look okay though with light or dark text.

Is this coating considered glossy or matte?

Yes this grainy looking coating is the only thing I dont like about this monitor but if you look at it side by side with another IPS monitor the 3007 has sharper text and pictures. I really only notice it on white background.

This monitor is matte. I prefer glossy like I have on my notebook computer.

Probably too many people doing it soured the deal.
Management must have noticed eventually.
Apparently all the coupons have dried up too so that might be related.

The coupons expired on the 24th, which is why they have all dried up.

So would it be prudent to wait for another coupon to show up? I *really* want one (make that two) of these suckers.

I'm surprised to see this is still going for $749. This should definitely be part of my next computer upgrade.

I would bet you that many buy this then find out they do not have a dual-dvi video card that will support it. Bet they get lots of returns on that issue alone.

Just bought one right now with 5 years extended warranty (without CompleteCare). Came out to $913.39 exactly. I'm pretty excited with all the raving review at this price. Will update when I get it (hopefully by the middle of next week).

ARGH. When this deal was happening I had no money. Now I have money with nothing to buy and this deal is over with. UGH. I can't get myself to pay $799 knowing there was a 15% coupon at one time :(. :( :( :(.

You can typically find coupons on ebay for aobut 10 bucks. I know paying for it is counter productive but you still save quite a bit in the long haul.

I got mine shipped for under $700 with a coupon back at the beginning of the year. I love it. I have no idea why I didn't give the finger to 1080p LCD TV's years ago.

Looks like the deal is dead for the time being. Hope the 3008 gets cheaper and or they have a coupon for the 3008.

I take it CostCo is the best place and best price that you can buy one of these at now?

Dual-DVI? Isn't that already on most modern video cards? Like all the 48xx or GTX2xx?

I think he's talking more about non-enthusiasts who think "WOW a 30" monitor I gotta have that. DVI? I have that."

And then they figure out their GF6200 doesn't do dual link :(. What a shame. (actually happened)

Looks like the deal is dead for the time being. Hope the 3008 gets cheaper and or they have a coupon for the 3008.

3008's a turd. Either 3007-HC or wait for the 3009 and hope it fixes the issues with the 3008.

Back