Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

My dual 2007WFP S-IPS set ups is amazing :D

One complaint though: Anyone know if the Rev A02 colors can be offset to match the Rev A04? Or is it because one of them currently is connected to DVI and the other is VGA is why the color offsets are different? Kinda annoyed that the rev A02 has a slight red hue to it while the Rev A04 is crisp and clean on whites.

My dual 2007WFP S-IPS set ups is amazing :D

One complaint though: Anyone know if the Rev A02 colors can be offset to match the Rev A04? Or is it because one of them currently is connected to DVI and the other is VGA is why the color offsets are different? Kinda annoyed that the rev A02 has a slight red hue to it while the Rev A04 is crisp and clean on whites.

Try swapping the connectors? Or using VGA on the A02 at least.

My friend use CRT and said very smooth. It created in Photoshop with lowest compression (12).

LCD S-IPS 16.7m colors still can't beat the CRT ?

Ok, I wasn't sure as I'm using a cheap 17" LCD atm and did see some "artifacts".. not really banding so much as stuff was funky in random places in the image... maybe my lcd is just dirty too :p

And are you sure you have S-IPS? I've heard that the others have problems with banding but the S-IPS is supposed to be banding-free.

And are you sure you have S-IPS? I've heard that the others have problems with banding but the S-IPS is supposed to be banding-free.

Yes, it's RT803 and the serial ending with "L". Connected with DVI port 7300GT 256MB.
Waiting the other 2007WFP users to comfirm. Maybe it's normal for LCD S-IPS.

Yes, it's RT803 and the serial ending with "L". Connected with DVI port 7300GT 256MB.
Waiting the other 2007WFP users to comfirm. Maybe it's normal for LCD S-IPS.

That gradient has been wrecked by jpeg compression. Try this .png of the same gradient and see if you still have it.

I personally (I have the dell monitor by the way) don't see any banding. I thought I did when viewing the image with windows picture viewer or whatever it's called, but when looking at the image in Photoshop or Firefox I don't really notice anything.

There might be a tiny amount of banding in the image (When viewing with the latter two programs I mentioned) but I don't know if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. Regardless, it should be a better test than the jpeg.

Got mine few weeks ago... A0? (Dnno how to check this : /) RT803 so i guess its S-IPS ? Looks great, no visible backlight bleed only 4 pixels dead (far in between so i cant really notice them) that only appear in color black (might be stuck pixels... dnno)

Got mine few weeks ago... A0? (Dnno how to check this : /) RT803 so i guess its S-IPS ? Looks great, no visible backlight bleed only 4 pixels dead (far in between so i cant really notice them) that only appear in color black (might be stuck pixels... dnno)

On the back side, where the USB ports are. It's on the sticker.

Hey guys, just like to share a positive experience I had with Dell.

The first 2007WFP I received was an S-IPS panel, but it had 3 stuck green pixels, only one was very noticeable though - I posted about this a few pages back.

Fired off a quick email to Dell Customer Support, they asked for a picture of the defect, I took a zoomed up crappy blurred shot of the pixel and they agreed to a replacement with no further questions asked.

The replacement arrived about 1 week later, another S-IPS panel and this time it’s absolutely perfect.

I hope this lets other people (in New Zealand/Australia at least) play the Dell Panel Lottery with confidence!

I wanted to add my experience with the 2007wfp, since I found this thread a useful source of info. I'm happy for all the people out there who have the very-nice IPS version of the 2007WFP which seems to be reliably shipping for customers outside the US.

My Experience:

A. Ordered a 2007WFP in May, shipped from the Nevada, USA warehouse. Received an IPS version /w 2 dead subpixels and 1 dead pixel, plus a hair-like aberration about 1 cm long that was only visible on bright/white colors.

Called Dell support and they processed an exchange which arrived ~5 days later. (why Dell takes 3-6+ days to process an exchange order, and then ships it FedEX overnight I'm not sure).

B. Monitor #2 arrived in all its PVA glory. Zero-dead pixels. I made the mistake of taking the opportunity to compare the new PVA to the initial IPS unit side-by-side and found the IPS to be ultimately better, due to a lower-black level, no backlight bleed from the corners, and better off-axis viewing characteristics for my preferences. The PVA, however, was also noticeably brighter.

If I hadn't done the side-by-side comparison, I expect most users would find the PVA version to be a very good and bright monitor. It's major defect being the relatively large amount of backlight bleed from all 4 corners, which looks like an X-men logo on all-black.

Called Dell support and said I wasn't happy with the replacement and please send another, which they happily did.

C. Monitor # 3 arrived. Zero Dead-Pixels & PVA again. Same awful backlight bleed issue. At this point I did notice that it appears that if the last character of the serial# is a "L" the panel is an IPS (LGPhillips), however if it is an "S" then it PVA (Samsung).

Called Dell and went back for one more attempt.

D. Monitor #4 arrived, PVA again and 1 dead-pixel. Being a bit upset at this point at my inability to get a monitor that doesn't have significant backlight bleed and the better IPS characteristics I opted to return for refund, and try and find a vendor who doesn't have a 50% dead-pixel rate and doesn't have lotto problems.

Overall, I have to say I had a fine experience with Dell's support (India for exchanges, Oregon for returns), but would really like to have a conversation with whoever decided not to break out the IPS/PVA as two model#'s. I would have gladly paid $70 more for the IPS version if available.

Anyway, good-luck to everyone with the continued lottery.

as much as i enjoy crapping on dell computers i must say their support is pretty good. my story: in july 2005 i purchased a 2005 fpw from dell. i had the monitor for about a year when i noticed a dark area in the upper right corner that was different from the rest.

call them up spoke to some indian guy and after an hour of going through his scripts got a replacement 2005 fpw overnighted to me. that replacement lasted another year until last monday when it would just lose all contrast and make a buzzing noise. turning it off and on again brought it back but it was happening every 10 min or so. i was just going to toss it in the trash since i also have a viewsonic vp191b that i use as a secondary monitor but figured i still have another year on my dell warranty so i decided to call again.

this time spoke to very nice indian lady named priti and after the cursory hour long scripting she agrees the monitor is 10-10 and will over night me a replacement. im thinking wow they still have those 2005's still in stock? anyway the next morning comes and fedex delivers me a 2007 fp!

the monitor is a refurb but checking the service menu it had only 17 hours on the clock. its a rev a04 heche en mexico and the panel code is hn210 which i think is the better panel. so far its working great. very nice color and no dead pixels. im happy and hope it will last another year. :)

hey,where do i find the service tag?
i put in what i thought was it and look what i got!:eek:
Capture.jpg

hey,where do i find the service tag?
i put in what i thought was it and look what i got!:eek:

I'm pretty sure monitors don't have service tags. I searched around for it myself and than did a search on the dell forums, where according to some, they don't. And unless someone forgot to put the sticker on the back of my monitor, it would seem to be true.

You have to call them up to get a replacement. They asked me for the serial number, by the way, which was a 20 or so character long line of letters and numbers on the same sticker as the bar code. Best to have it ready before calling.

I'm pretty sure monitors don't have service tags. I searched around for it myself and than did a search on the dell forums, where according to some, they don't. And unless someone forgot to put the sticker on the back of my monitor, it would seem to be true.

You have to call them up to get a replacement. They asked me for the serial number, by the way, which was a 20 or so character long line of letters and numbers on the same sticker as the bar code. Best to have it ready before calling.

thanks.

ok, so i just switched from a samsung 226bw to a 2007wfp and while the 2007wfp is smaller, it's WAY better. The blacks are much nicer right off the bat, the stand is amazing in all aspects and there were no rebates to deal with. I wish all panels were of this quality and better, the world would be a better place.

Photoshop is kind of weird though, color gradients are quite smooth, whereas b&w gradients are a little choppy... only in photoshop, when I produce a png-24 everything smooths out, any ideas?

So now that the 2007WFP is down to $339 again, I'm going to buy it this weekend. Hopefully I'll be lucky.

Can someone verify the Dell return/replacement policy? If I eventually have to return it, are there restocking fees? I realize I can get a replacement if I get a dead pixels/PVA etc, but I was just curious since I know a bunch of you have dealt with Dell.

Does someone know if the 2007fp will ever go down in price? It's been 450 for the last two months now.

it's been a while, any news on a newer version of the 20" widescreen? 2008 or 2009wfp??? maybe thats what they are waiting for to re-evaluate the panel lottery crap because it's too out of control for the current line at this point.

So i got my 2007wfp on wednesday, and only three days later it drops 60 bucks, what the hell? Can i like call them and say refund me 60 bucks for that lame stunt or what?

So i got my 2007wfp on wednesday, and only three days later it drops 60 bucks, what the hell? Can i like call them and say refund me 60 bucks for that lame stunt or what?

I'm sorry man. That's why I was waiting for the inevitable sale. Did you get a S-IPS?

Back