Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

ฺัBTW. Anyone who got a S-IPS , Could you tell the LAST alphabet of your serial number. Is it a L Letter ?
I'd got this info from chinese site. Mine is an U which code is MY232 (Dell told me that it's a PVA Panel).

My current Dell TN Samsung ends in "S".
My returned Dell 2007fp with Samsung PVA ended in "S".

What does U stand for?

"S" for Samsung (PVA in 2007 series).
"L" for LG (S-IPS in 2007 series).

Dell 2007WFP rev A04

When pressing the combination of buttons i get V1B22 RT803, lucky me, S-IPS.

Back label says, "Made in Mexico" and the code number end with "40ML"

There is one dead pixel at the lower right corner of the screen, not seeable at all unless there's white in that area.

Does Dell still sllow the return policy with free shipping back to them? I really need an LCD just not sure which to go with out of the Dell or NEC. The NEC is now only 130 more with the mail in rebate so it makes it extremely tempting when your guaranteed the best panel....

What? Rev A05 is out already? What did they change? And where did you get yours manufactured at?

I just got a S-PVA with 1 discolored pixels. I want a S-IPS, do I tell them straight that I got a S-PVA and I want a S-IPS and that I have a discolored pixels so I can have a higher chance of getting a S-IPS?

REV A04 Made in Mexico

I just got a S-PVA with 1 discolored pixels. I want a S-IPS, do I tell them straight that I got a S-PVA and I want a S-IPS and that I have a discolored pixels so I can have a higher chance of getting a S-IPS?

REV A04 Made in Mexico

Nope. You can ask and they might humor you by telling you that they will give you one, but it won't change anything, because they sales/support staff can't tell what the warehouse will ship any more than you can.

Does someone know dell's return policy on monitors bought from the outlet? I couldn't find it.

In the past couple weeks I have purchased two 2007WFP, two 2007FP, and one 2407WFP from Dell Canada's website.

Both 2007WFP are made in Mexico, Rev 04, S-IPS. Both are flawless.
One 2007FP is made in Mexico, Rev 05, S-IPS. Has a single red stuck pixel. Both software and manual massage has failed to fix it.

The other 2007FP hasn't arrived yet, which is odd since I ordered it literally 2 minutes before ordering the one that did arrive. The first order, I threw on one of the Dell Soundbars, so maybe that is the holdup.

The 2407WFP is also late in arriving even though it was ordered before both 2007FP orders.

Good to know... I will probably be playing the lottery in July if the price of the 2007WFP comes down to $340ish again.

The other 2007FP and 2407WFP arrived today.

2007FP: made in Mexico, Rev 05, S-IPS.
2407WFP: made in Mexico, Rev 04, haven't checked the panel type, but I don't see any purple tinge when looking from extreme angles like on S-IPS.

The other 2007FP and 2407WFP arrived today.

2007FP: made in Mexico, Rev 05, S-IPS.
2407WFP: made in Mexico, Rev 04, haven't checked the panel type, but I don't see any purple tinge when looking from extreme angles like on S-IPS.
The reason why you don't see the purple tinge on the 2407 is because it's S-PVA...and always has been.;)

I had never seen an S-PVA panel before today and I really don't see what all the fuss is about. On the 2407, the colors and contrast look amazing. I see no ghosting whatsoever. Viewing angles are just as wide horizontally and vertically, although I do notice more loss of brightness on the S-PVA. Honestly, the purple tinge on the IPS is far more disconcerting than the loss of brightness.

You would have to be extremely anal and specifically looking for "color shifts" or whatever terrorist activity it is that people are worried about. Unless the 2407 is using some black magic to eliminate the supposed flaws of S-PVA, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I was the guy running 1024x768 on my 21" CRT because I preferred the higher refresh rate and legibility of smaller text. Even on the FD Trinitron crystal clear screen, 1600x1200 was "too small".

Now with the 20" LCD, I run at 1600x1200 and haven't had trouble reading small fonts. I have the screen the exact same distance away as I did my CRT. The perfect geometry and individual pixels of LCD may be the reason it is so clear.

I got my 2007wfp yesterday. REV04, mexico, june, s-ips.

I don't find the text very sharp. Using the zoom feature I can definitely see some sort shadowing, which seems to get worse and turn into more of a rainbow effect when using cleartype. I have also noticed flickering with solid shades of blue, green, and gray.

Should I ask for an exchange, or are these typical.

I got my 2007wfp yesterday. REV04, mexico, june, s-ips.

I don't find the text very sharp. Using the zoom feature I can definitely see some sort shadowing, which seems to get worse and turn into more of a rainbow effect when using cleartype. I have also noticed flickering with solid shades of blue, green, and gray.

Should I ask for an exchange, or are these typical.

you have to set in native res........ small but better text.

you know, with all these complaints about getting the S-PVA version i was curious, is it merely because it's a cheapy S-PVA panel??

I only ask because i was at best buy and i saw the gateway 24" widescreen, and while i normally wouldnt pay much mind to gateway i noticed as i walked by that it was not only really good looking but it had a non-tn viewing angle.

anyway, after checking i found out it had an S-PVA panel, and i didnt really see any of the issues people are complaining about with the Dell 200fWFP pva panel.

you know, with all these complaints about getting the S-PVA version i was curious, is it merely because it's a cheapy S-PVA panel??

I only ask because i was at best buy and i saw the gateway 24" widescreen, and while i normally wouldnt pay much mind to gateway i noticed as i walked by that it was not only really good looking but it had a non-tn viewing angle.

anyway, after checking i found out it had an S-PVA panel, and i didnt really see any of the issues people are complaining about with the Dell 200fWFP pva panel.

Read this, concentrate carefully on the last line:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030086167&postcount=3

Had a problem with orginal ips panel sent it back and got a pva. I really don't care. I am going back to crt anyway so this is just my secondary monitor. I am not a fan of current lcd tech. The purple blacks would annoy the hell out of me whenever I was trying to play a dark game in the dark. Ugh. But, my new one doesnt do that. Then again, the dell trinton monitor I picked up for 10 bucks at a garage sale kick the sh#t out of both my lcds for video/games/colors.

Interesting side note, my older panel (which I had had for a year, ao2) had a much less glossy screen. I think that is another change.

Snowdog, I can't find the photo mentioned in that post (the one with the last line as "I stress that this only applies to those sensitive to viewing angles issues...").

I don't notice any purple hues on the blacks unless I'm looking at my screen past 45 degrees to it. The S-IPS panel looks great!

I haven't seen a -VA panel yet, so I can't really compare. I am amazed people can use CRTs. They just hurt my eyes if I look at them for more than 10 minutes.

Check the service menu by...

Turn off the monitor.
Hold down "menu" and the "+" while powering up the monitor.
When monitor is fully powered and the input graphic disappears: release "menu" and "+" then press the "-" button

If you get a RT803 then it's a S-IPS.

ฺัBTW. Anyone who got a S-IPS , Could you tell the LAST alphabet of your serial number. Is it a L Letter ?
I'd got this info from chinese site. Mine is an U which code is MY232 (Dell told me that it's a PVA Panel).
Thank you.
My panel is RT803, S-IPS, and the last letter in the serial number is an L.
Much appreciated.

Also,
I'm noticing an irritating flicker on my 2007WFP.
It's happened several times now in a span of only 1 hour of use.
Has anybody else experienced similar problems?
When I first powered up my monitor, I was running it through a KVM switch, and I don't think the monitor really liked that.
So I tried hooking it up directly to the PC now, but it still has a flicker.

@JC:

There should be no flicker with an LCD screen, I would first hook it up to another PC to check its not something in your box, if problem persists contact Dell for a replacement.

Rev 04 Made In Mexico, RT803

After using it for awhile, I'm happy with almost everything about the monitor - except the fact that it has about 10 dead pixels.

Normally I wouldn't care because I have to look real hard to even see them, but on the upper left side of the screen, there is a cluster line of 3 dead pixels, which is very obvious on white backgrounds, and in its position, it's right around where forum posts show up. Think I'll get a replacement.

(Picture for no reason at all)
pixels.jpg

Out of the five monitors I received, only one had a bad pixel. It had a single lit red pixel. The other four are flawless based on what I see with test images.

I would order a replacement if I were you.

does anyone think these lack brightness. i viewed on the other day, and though the whites were really white, and seemed to hampered by the lack of brightness from the panel

After using it for awhile, I'm happy with almost everything about the monitor - except the fact that it has about 10 dead pixels.

Normally I wouldn't care because I have to look real hard to even see them, but on the upper left side of the screen, there is a cluster line of 3 dead pixels, which is very obvious on white backgrounds, and in its position, it's right around where forum posts show up. Think I'll get a replacement.

Got the replacement. Still dead pixels, and whadya know, another cluster. Luckily it's at the bottom right, so I don't think it'll annoy me much.

(Late edit)

Oh, and something else I forgot about before I posted. I had the flashing in the grays issue that some people talked about on my old monitor. The amount of flashing was affected by changing the brightness. Turning it up to 100 eliminated the issue. The default of 50 (which was just about perfect) had pretty bad flashing, and 0 had even worse. But with the new monitor, a brightness of 0 has less flashing than 50 on the old one, which means I can set it back to a comfortable 50 without the problem.

The only time I noticed any "flickering" on my 2007WFP was on the test image which is just a big grey crosshatch image. I never noticed it in everyday use. It was there with both 2007WFP I had.

There is no flickering on my 2007FP even with the test image.

You know ?

1. 14 days moneyback = ship from factory ( not received date )
2. 14 days moneyback, you must pay for shipping back to Dell.
3. 14 days moneyback, if the product doesn't pass approve you lost money 20% of the price.

Back