Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
are H-IPS better than S-IPS then?
NOw what we need is even less or no AG coating on the screen.
No we don't. I'm sorry but glossy displays suck. Unless you like to sit with your computer in total darkness all the time or just don't seem to notice glare it just doesn't work very well. A 30" LCD has a ton of real estate to show reflections and glare. It makes the displays nearly unusable in even normal light. No thanks.
I wonder that some of you dont like glossy 30" screen, then how do people like Plasma screen or Samsung HDTV is all glossy screen.
I don't know where this comes from, the 3008WFP has H-IPS and this has been known for years...
It has the same panel as the LG W3000H and the Nec 3090WQXi. All of them are H-IPS.
In other words, the LM300WQ5 panel is H-IPS.
Tftcentral doesn't seem to distinguish between S-IPS and H-IPS in this case. And many others don't distinguish between them either, *everyone* knows what S-IPS is so anything IPS often becomes S-IPS and I guess manufacturers doesn't want to miss the extra PR they can get by just stating S-IPS.
Just as numerous e-IPS panels have been labeled S-IPS (and the difference between e-IPS and S-IPS is huge compared to S-IPS and H-IPS). The LM300WQ5 is probably among the first panels to sport H-IPS (at least targeted to us mortals).
And you could probably say that H-IPS is S-IPS.
That the monitors above all have the same panel is also well known (see tftcentral) so that the Nec 3090 has H-IPS should be proof enough that all of them (including 3008WFP) has H-IPS:
Nec 3090 has H-IPS: http://nec3090wqxi-test.blogspot.com/
And if that wasn't enough, here is an comparison between the 3008WFP (H-IPS) and the S-IPS version of the 2007WFP:
http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb895093/3008wfp/hips_vs_sips.png
And I think I've seen a sample of the pixel structure of the W3000H as well but don't know where
Nice thread with images of S-IPS and H-IPS (but not much more in terms of the 3008WFP):
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1262785
That said I wouldn't say that H-IPS is any better in practice. I guess that you can get away with a cheaper (and/or better) backlight if the larger pixel area results in higher transparency. As of late we have the e-IPS and H2-IPS(?), don't know how it affects the quality but it seems that the main focus is to bring IPS tech. down in price and that might result in compromises in picture quality.
I wouldn't choose H-IPS (or *-IPS) over S-IPS just because H-IPS is a newer technology.
And this is where all the confusion sets in - while I agree, it looks like an H-IPS - any and all places that list the tech specs seem to state S-IPS
But yeah, when you consider the panel, and look at macro pictures of the pixels, it does tend to make one think its an H-IPS
either way, I don't think it really matters