• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 30" FPW?

Hoof

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
161
I heard this was coming out next month. Anyone have anymore info on this?
 
we never heard, yes..(we never hear things regarding monitors anyways), but whether or not they have 1 in development, well, thats another thing...
 
I already have a 2405fpw and a 2005fpw, I know if they come out with a 30 inch its just a matter of time before I buy one too :(
 
Hoof said:
I already have a 2405fpw and a 2005fpw, I know if they come out with a 30 inch its just a matter of time before I buy one too :(

if it does come out ill make a straight jump from a 20in
 
That cant be good news for your wallet! :eek:

Seesh even IF I could afford a 24", I would stick with it for at LEAST 5+ years!

I wonder what the superb handfull of defects will be in revision A00 :p
 
hehe I always wait a bit for price drop, coupons, etc. I got my 2405 for $744 a couple of months ago :cool:
 
1 good reason to go with a Dell- theres always a TON of coupons, to help save you some $$$, for that second 2405FPW that is :p
 
Happy Hopping said:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1676&highlight=apple+30

someone at this web site also posted the same rumor, unless it is the same guy as the original poster of this forum.

Hoof, are you the same guy posted as "weemies"? If not, that's a lot of rumor. And you know what they said about "rumors"? They are usually true.
Heh, no, he's not. I didn't know anything except a completely unreliable rumor about any other 30" displays when I posted that @ WSG forums. Now I'm definitely waiting for the Dell and the Samsung 30 inchers... Should be out early 2006.
 
Hmm, if a Samsung 30" is scheduled that would be great - they usually have some good quality monitors. I would be weary of buying a Dell 30" due to their poor QC like with their 24er. :cool:
 
Wow, for one it will be a bad ass display. for two, it will make the 2405 FPW drop in price
biggrin.gif
 
wqxga is a very undesirable resolution... for 1080p, unless u wanna run it in a small area of the screen, itll be streatched with quality issues, as it doesnt have enough pixels for 2x, and too many for 1x to make sense...
 
It has a 'perfect' pixel density....besides, at the higher resolutions, scaling can be done pretty well because there are SO many pixels.
 
I got some info on the 30" from Dell a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was old info. He gave me some specs, but I don't remember now. I'll put up some info tomorrow when I get to work. I also asked him about pricing, but he couldn't tell me at the time.
 
I'll most likey keep my LCD until the SED displays are out

quality > quantity
 
Waterboy said:
I got some info on the 30" from Dell a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was old info. He gave me some specs, but I don't remember now. I'll put up some info tomorrow when I get to work. I also asked him about pricing, but he couldn't tell me at the time.

Here are the specs for the Dell 3007FP:
Display Size: 30in
Response Time: 14ms
Brightness: 400cd/m2
Contrast: 700:1
Viewing Angle: 178/178
Native Resolution: WQXGA (2560 x 1600)
PC Connectivity: DVI-D (Dual Link) x 1 HDCP
Others: 4-Port USB Hub, 9-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader/Slots, Height Adjustable Stand, Swivel & Tilt. (No Pivot).

Launch: 01/05/06
Price: No price available yet.
 
Any word on other inputs? It looks like D-SUB is gone for PC conectivity (atleast based on the information provided). I am really just wondering about component of HDMI inputs for console gaming.
 
cburwell said:
Any word on other inputs? It looks like D-SUB is gone for PC conectivity (atleast based on the information provided). I am really just wondering about component of HDMI inputs for console gaming.

Sorry I don't have anymore info. That is all I got from the Dell account executive.
 
pawstar said:
Hmm, if a Samsung 30" is scheduled that would be great - they usually have some good quality monitors. I would be weary of buying a Dell 30" due to their poor QC like with their 24er. :cool:

How can you say Dell's LCDs are poor quality? I have one and it is simply beautiful and not a single problem.
 
HP has been rumored to have a 30" LCD in development for over a year now. If this rumor goes the way of the HP, better wait for an official announcement before saving your pennies, or just get the Apple.
 
post-41514-1133502981.jpg


Here are the specs from Dell 3007WFP pre-release techsheet

Display Size: 30 inch
Response Time: 14ms
Brightness: 400cd/m2
Contrast: 700:1
Viewing Angle: 178/178
Native Resolution: WQXGA (2560 x 1600)
PC Connectivity: DVI-D (Dual link) x 1 with HDCP
Others: 4-Port USB Hub, 9-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader/Slots, Height Adjustable Stand, Swivel & Tilt. (No pivot)

Release for North America is scheduled for December 21

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=403932
 
gaming at 1920x1200 is rough enough, Like hell am i going to step up to that

I'll get another 24" when they get cheaper :) Then SED/OLED/XLED
 
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...d_w3000?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~page=6&~tab=specstab

how can this mod. ver. weigh 37 lb? The Apple 30" is just slightly over 20 lb.

Does anyone knows if the Dell or the Samsung is VESA plate compatible so it can be plate mount in the air?

Also, anyone knows any component or composite video, S-video available for either the Samsung or the Dell?

Here's the one million dollar question, who makes this for Dell? Clearly it is not LG PHilips, it's not Samsung as the spec. is totally different. Who's the OEM?

And just in case there are greedy members who needs that extra [H]ardcore size, there is always the 120" Philips LCD, which beats the old record by Samsung

http://www.business-sites.philips.com/vidiwall/section-13990/index.html
 
God damn...like someone said before me, there's no way I'm going to upgrade to this one. :( In fact, this is the end of the road for me with desktops. I've had enough... :(
 
1c3d0g: said:
God damn...like someone said before me, there's no way I'm going to upgrade to this one. :( In fact, this is the end of the road for me with desktops. I've had enough... :(
You're kidding right...?

The 30" Dell looks to be superior to the ACD in just about every way. Does anyone have a clue what this will cost in ballpark figures?
 
EnderW said:
I'll most likey keep my LCD until the SED displays are out

quality > quantity
There's superior LCD-based technology that will be cheaper and probably available sooner.
 
Whoa!

Seems like I need to be part of TEAM 3007..... wowowow!!

I always tell myself that I aint getting something like that.. but I remember saying that about the 2405 and I ended up getting it 6 months later. I think, if I have the cash, I'll end up getting the 3007.
 
Back
Top