Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

I read somewhere that if you back the sharpness to 30 it will display 1080p clearly. I have a rev 04.

btw, this monitor does do 1:1 pixel. The process I found that works is change your display to something other than 1900 x 1200, ex 1600 x 1200 (through right clicking on the desktop etc). Then go to the lcd and you will see that the option to change to 1:1 is not grayed out anymore. Make your change on the display, then back out. Go back to the desktop, and change the native display to 1900 x 1200.

Set your game to 1600 x 1200 bf2142 ex, then it will have the black bars on the side = no stretched screen.

It's easy and it works every time. You do not have to reset each time you go into the game either ( I saw someone saying they had earlier in the thread).

For all of your other apps, it will display 1900 x 1200 in widescreen.

Damn really thinking about this. Dell sent me a 20% off coupon. Can get it for 604$ shipped. Damn Its really tempting:)

does anybody think or know of a new version of the 2407 will be out that will allow 1080p over component? I have a ps3, and am planning to connect my PC to the DVI, so I can't have the ps3 plugged in at the same time, and I don't want to have to go to the back and switch DVI cables everytime.

The only thing holding me back from getting this monitor is that apparently the component picture is pretty fuzzy :( and of course no support for 1080p over component...

No, there is no support for 1080p component or 1080i DVI. The scaler in the monitor is very selective and does not allow for it.

hmm...guess i'll just have to wait and see how this rumor of the 2407wfp-hc plays out. HDMI would be a very welcome addition. 1080p over HDMI for the ps3, then I can use my component cables for my ps2, and PC over DVI....such a perfect setup :cool:
Just gotta hope now that it won't be too much of a bank breaker lol

FYI, you can run BF1942/BF2/BF2142 @ 1920x1200 by changing the 'VideoSettings.setResolution' entry to 1920x1200@60hz in the video.con file and then setting it to 'read only'. Supposedly tweaking the shortcut works as well, but I've never tried it...

Same is true for 1280x1024 as well, which makes the game look 1000x better than 1280x960 on a 17/19" LCD.

I'm haveing a problem between my Dell 2407WFP reva04 and XFX8800 GTS 640mb.

With VGA I got a plenty of resolutions available like 1920*1080 and I can go thru 1:1 mode in the monitor

But when i connect with DVI i loose som resolutions like 1080p and I loose the 1:1 mode because choosing any resolution it always is detected as 1920x1200 in the screen so 1:1 is not avaialbe... but you think... go to the nvidia control panel and choose to scale the image with the nvidia option but no! choosing either any of the 4 options... always do nothing and come to option 1.

Look this images...

nofuncionaug5.jpg

Not sure that I quite understand your question... are you saying when connected via DVI that 1920x1080 is not an option in your nvidia control panel?

If so, just create a 'custom resolution' of 1920x1080 and that should solve your problem.

how can I create a custom resolution?

but anyway it will expand to 1200 because choosing any resolution, the screen always says he is receving 1920x1200 because the aspect ratio setup is broken on nvidia control panel. it just dont work, and i'm not the only one with this issue..

It's known issue. It's Nvida drivers fault for 8800 GTX. Nvida have to fix it in next relase. I tested it on 7900 and everything was okey.

I have an 8800GTS and another guy in this forum have the same issue with a 7950GT :( hope they fix it soon ! ;)

Hi all, I've been reading a lot of this thread (not everything eh ;) ) and I understood that some 2407 might have a s-ips panel, so I asked an ebay seller if he had some and he replied to me that he does and he can tell it is s-ips beacuse of the production code: HN208L6. Would this be correct? Can you tell if the panel is s-ips from that code? Thank you guys and great thread :cool:

I don't understand the concern over whether this panel is an s-ips panel or not - what is the big deal?

Whatever this panel is - it has a great picture (better than the TN panel lg204t that I also own) and looks better the the 21 inch trinitron monitor that I have as well.

It also refreshes fast enough for me to get plenty of gold medals on in bf2142 servers.

I read that this panel is an s-pva - whatever that is.

My understanding is that s-ips have slow refresh rates...

I currently have the Gateway FPD2485W but as you can see in this thread, it has some issues. So I'm looking at returning it and getting the 2407.

I want the monitor to work well with the 360 which it sounds like it does with the A04 release. I would be using the VGA output at 1920x1080 and scaling 1:1. I also plan on getting a PS3 down the road and I would like to know if anyone is running the PS3 on the DVI input using a HDMI to DVI converter and what resolutions it will support.

Finally, the Gateway has some inverted ghosting issues and I'm wondering if this monitor has this as well (or regular ghosting issues for that matter).

I currently have the Gateway FPD2485W but as you can see in this thread, it has some issues. So I'm looking at returning it and getting the 2407.

I want the monitor to work well with the 360 which it sounds like it does with the A04 release. I would be using the VGA output at 1920x1080 and scaling 1:1. I also plan on getting a PS3 down the road and I would like to know if anyone is running the PS3 on the DVI input using a HDMI to DVI converter and what resolutions it will support.

Finally, the Gateway has some inverted ghosting issues and I'm wondering if this monitor has this as well (or regular ghosting issues for that matter).

I can relate to u.......Currently, Im a 75% console/25% PC gamer and after moving the 360 from my 57" Hitachi HDTV to my Dell 2407 (a04...4 weeks old) , I like the new setup better,,,,,maybe its the fact now Im gaming from a feet away so the immersive factor is more.

Im not having any issues with ghosting etc either...THOUGH certain games like Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbox 6 have terrible tearing issues that becomes evident from a feet away easily BUT this is the limitation/issues of the game itself and not of the monitor. Other titles like FEAR,CoD3 on the 360 are flawless:D

I have the 360 on VGA (set to 1080p+1:1 aspect) and PC on DVI....

Here's a shot of SC on the 2407.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1176327

Frag

I don't understand the concern over whether this panel is an s-ips panel or not - what is the big deal?

Whatever this panel is - it has a great picture (better than the TN panel lg204t that I also own) and looks better the the 21 inch trinitron monitor that I have as well.

It also refreshes fast enough for me to get plenty of gold medals on in bf2142 servers.

I read that this panel is an s-pva - whatever that is.

My understanding is that s-ips have slow refresh rates...
I'm not sure what you mean here but I always thought that all LCD's at native resolution have a refresh rate of 60 Hz, wether they are s-pva s-ips tn or whatever else

What are my chances of getting a dell 2407 rev a04 if i were to order one this week? I just got a coupon in from dell and its such a tempting offer...it comes out to 583 shipped. Im just worry if i were to get a old rev monitor.

What are my chances of getting a dell 2407 rev a04 if i were to order one this week? I just got a coupon in from dell and its such a tempting offer...it comes out to 583 shipped. Im just worry if i were to get a old rev monitor.

I'm pretty sure you'd get a Rev. A04. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and I got the A04. Many reported getting the A04 long before I ordered mine.

D

welp got mine it's a a04 from mexico, other than not being as black as a crt in low light this thing is just godlike :)

I doubt that the A04 can take 1080i over DVI. Dell would have to replace the Genesis controller chip and this seems unlikely.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/dell_2xx7wfp.htm
"This is down to the Genesis controller chip used for this model. The 2407WFP uses the FLI5962H chip and apparently no HDTV interlaced image can be de-interlaced by this"

i'm in the market for a 24" LCD monitor.
I plan to use it for HDV editing once I get an HDV camcorder in the near future.
TFT central state that the Dell 2407 cant handle the 1080i - which is the typical output file format from an HDV camcorder. has anyone been able to confirm this fact for the Dell 2407?

Any suggestions of a monitor that can handle 1080i via DVI from pc (hdv file taken from camcorder)?

Has anyone figured out how to utilize a fan on the 2407? When in the landscape mode (the usual monitor mode) the upper right-hand side is inordinate warm/hot when the monitor is being used, but not when the monitor is in the sleep mode. Has someone come up with a solution like altering an Arctic Cooling fan unit to hang on the outside? Maybe a USB fan altered to work on the outside? Anything? Thanks.

So I'm getting impatient with BenQ, considering buying a 2407 again, but I have a few questions.

Would 1080p from the Xbox360 (via HDMI to DVI cable) work, or does it only accept 720p over DVI with HDCP? I never had the opportunity to try.

The same for a PS3?

Would a gamecube/wii/ps2 with 480i and 480p games look o.k. over component?

Thanks.

Has anyone figured out how to utilize a fan on the 2407? When in the landscape mode (the usual monitor mode) the upper right-hand side is inordinate warm/hot when the monitor is being used, but not when the monitor is in the sleep mode. Has someone come up with a solution like altering an Arctic Cooling fan unit to hang on the outside? Maybe a USB fan altered to work on the outside? Anything? Thanks.

it's warm, i see no reason to start slapping fans on the thing, it's not a level of heat that makes me worry :confused:

I posted this in another thread, but Dell dropped the price of this to $609 with free shipping still.

heeloo all

anyone know how to enable the 1:1 in the dell, its grayed out for some reason.

its a04 rev

thanks

Im jealous to the people who bought this monitor for $600 range through Dell.ca a few weeks ago.. I read the post a little too late :(

Bah maybe they will drop from $800 back down to the $600 range again..Hopefully soon.
Definately encourage to buy one after all the great feedback.

ty [H]

heellooo all

is anyone aware of a panel lottery or not?

i got two of these babies and one is slightly brighter (original one, 12.4.07) and a 2nd one just arrived (arrived in tuesday 17.4.07) which is slightly duller.

exactly the same settings and revision A04.

any suggestions why there is this difference?

Thanks

here they are:

these 2 screens like i said before have identical settings but one is slightly duller and one is brighter.

the duller and the latest one (2nd) i just recieved:

the brighter one which is the the 1st one i had:

what do you think baddass?

any suggestions anyone?

hi

how can i, i only customized the broightness and rgb, and both settings are identical in both screens.

No idea sorry, I'm sure someone will offer help with this, as most of the people here own 2407WFP's lol.

for what it's worth..i got confirmation from a dell rep that the 2407HC will be released next week (maybe even monday). The specs haven't been released but I believe the only update is a higher color gamut (upper 90's vs. 70's now). I was hoping for better response time. We'll have to sit and wait.

for what it's worth..i got confirmation from a dell rep that the 2407HC will be released next week (maybe even monday). The specs haven't been released but I believe the only update is a higher color gamut (upper 90's vs. 70's now). I was hoping for better response time. We'll have to sit and wait.

Thanks for the info. I'm really eager to know about the Dell 2407HC. Would you pls start a new thread when you know more. I think lots of people would be very interested and it would be a shame to bury such important info deep in a different titled thread.
Many thanks,

Does the regular 2407 have HDMI? I don't really have use for this monitor as a tv monitor since I have a 42" plasma in the same room...

Back