best 24" PC gaming LCD??

Dueled

n00b
I've recently been looking into getting a 24" lcd, but want some suggestions on what lcd to get.

I want something < $1000USD that fits the following criteria (not in order of preference):

1. At least 1920x1200 native resolution
2. Minimal Ghosting
3. Great Viewing angles
4. Good image quality

I keep reading about the benq 24" FP241W, samsung 244T, and dell 2407WFP being great, but they always factor in things like available ports, hdcp support, 1:1 pixel mapping for consoles etc, before coming to any conclusions on which one reigns king. If we forget about all those extras, what 24" LCD would be best for gaming and general use?

Dell 2407 A04 owner here.....PC on DVI, XBox 360 on VGA set to 1080p with 1:1 aspect:D ......extremely happy with my $610 purchase with 3 yrd warranty.

There might be better panels out there but at this cost+warranty, I can't complain.

Still downloading Oblivion expansion thru Live right now ....hello weekend:D

Tell me u dont like this picture (Splinter Cell-DA on 360 with 1:1 mapping)::

Frag

Hm.. that samsung does sound nice. I'll have to ask my brother-in-law to check for a release date since he works for them.

I do like Dell LCD's. Been using my 19" Dell LCD for 7 years now with no problems. I think its time for an upgrade. :D

That pic does look freaking sweet, but i'll be buying a 46" sharp aquos for my consoles/blue-ray

I am also interested in a 24" monitor. I will be upgrading from a 19" Sony LCD. I am ready to pull the trigger but like Dueled says, what is the best for gaming?

Acer has recently announced new 'gaming' xSeries monitors, including 24" model x241WSd with 5 ms response time. In all likelihoot it has TN panel, so viewing angles and image quality will be slightly worse than other 24" (which are all *MVA or *PVA, with the exception of NEC LCD2490WUXi which is S-IPS (resp. A-TW-IPS)).

Unfortunately, there is not much information available - I have some bits and pieces on my website; Acer is the worst company in providing the info - there is nothing even in the manual, and what is there mostly differs from what has been announced.

Unfortunately, there is not much information available - I have some bits and pieces on my website; Acer is the worst company in providing the info - there is nothing even in the manual, and what is there mostly differs from what has been announced.

if it has: HDMI, DVI, VGA, and Component with working 1:1, I'm sold. Very sexy looking (if that is the actual monitor.

Back