Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

I got a A04 made in Mexico and 1:1 isnt working for me over dvi when i do 1600x1200

BTW its V1B29 HN213
any idea?

How do I find which rev I got? Mine just came in today...

nm just found that is a Rev 4

Hello guys, i'm asking for some help :)
I recived today my new Dell 2407 Rev 04 made in Czech Republic, with no dead pixels, no backlight problems, and great colors, but it has one problem which buggs me. It has some noise all over the display, in any resolution.
Its really noticeble in grey colors. Here is sample picture i made.
63x1jj4.png

The left side is a clear grey color, on the right side i added some noise filter.
In general i should see the difference when watching this picture, but because of noise the both sides looks same to me :/ If you dont see any difference, just copy picture to your pc, and zoom to it.
Its really getting annoying for me, i'm working in 3D applications, and they mostly have grey color as their main color, and its really noticeble with this screen then its not clear color. Now the question is this normal thing which this monitors, or i should get it replaced? Since on my last CRT it was fine.
Thanks for answers! :)
ps. sorry for double posts on other thread :)

I got a A04 made in Mexico and 1:1 isnt working for me over dvi when i do 1600x1200

BTW its V1B29 HN213
any idea?

Probably a legitimate reason to request a replacement. Though I would inquire if Dell guarantees replacement with the same revision.

I myself have an A04, made in Mexico.
-EDIT Sorry, I forgot to write that my revision A04 allows and correctly displays 1600x1200 in 1:1 over DVI.

Here is a picture of the service menu, with the firmware version then the panel info next, I believe at the top.

Defaults.jpg

Does anyone know who manufactures the HN208L6 panel or any of the other HN* panel models?

Probably a legitimate reason to request a replacement. Though I would inquire if Dell guarantees replacement with the same revision.

I myself have an A04, made in Mexico.
-EDIT Sorry, I forgot to write that my revision A04 allows and correctly displays 1600x1200 in 1:1 over DVI.

Here is a picture of the service menu, with the firmware version then the panel info next, I believe at the top.

Defaults.jpg

Does anyone know who manufactures the HN208L6 panel or any of the other HN* panel models?

I figured it out. It was the stupid nvidia scaling thats having problems.

BTW has anyone one exchanged there monitor recently? I have 2 dead pixels and im going to be exchanging it for another but they said its gonna take 9 days to go though. Ive heard that someone exchanged theres 5 times till they got the right one. how did you do that in 21 days???

This is my first post, so I apologize ahead of time for asking dumb questions, but here goes. I just received a new 2407WFP (A04) to replace my old 2001FP. I was very happy with the 2001FP (it is an S-IPS) but decided to let the wife have it and go the upgrade route. I like the 2407WFP but I seem to be having some difficulty adjusting to the viewing angles. It looks great on normal desktop stuff and surfing, but when displaying real detailed photos, I notice a difference in the image quality even when I move my head around a little. For example, if I have an aerial image displayed across the entire width of the screen, there seems to be almost a haze on the image on the extreme left side of the screen. If I move my head to align with the left side of the screen, the image is perfect. Is this simply a characteristic of the S-PVA panel?
Also, is the upcoming HC version of this monitor going to have an S-PVA panel as well? I didn’t even know about the HC version until I found this forum.
Thanks in advance for any input,
Pop

in3d said:
It has some noise all over the display, in any resolution.
Its really noticeble in grey colors.
If the noise doesn't move or change, then it's the anti-glare coating, which is normal for non-glossy LCD monitors.

fearrun, did you turn the ACC off?

Yes I did turn it Off, after briefly reading through some posts about the ACC causing banding in the other image modes. I tested it out switching it on and off, if there were any benefits to having it on I did not notice them compared to the overall image degradation caused by the banding.

I believe Desktop mode in the A04 revision completely bypasses the ACC process. There is still some evidence of banding in the other image modes, but it is significantly decreased.

I could not visually detect what if anything Soft Dither was doing, so I left it On.

One thing I am wondering about is a few of the RGB settings. As in what do Offset 1, Offset 2 and Gain affect?

Fearrun

OK! I didn't get a reply to my first questions, so I'll try another.
I have searced the forum trying to find out how to access the service menu with no luck.
Could someone tell me now to acces the service/hidden menu?
Thanks,
Pop

OK! I didn't get a reply to my first questions, so I'll try another.
I have searced the forum trying to find out how to access the service menu with no luck.
Could someone tell me now to acces the service/hidden menu?
Thanks,
Pop

This would be at your own risk, I took a picture and saved it so I could recall the default settings.

To get to the service mode, while your monitor is off, click and hold down the menu and + buttons then click the power button and release all three. While in the service mode all you need to do is click the - button to bring up the service menu. To get out of service mode just turn off the monitor.

On a side note I figured out what Soft Dither does. It strangely only seems to effect the range from 50% to 100% white level.

You will need to save and zoom to fill your screen with this gradient image, in order to see the change.

-EDIT(2) I missed the copyright at the bottom of the page for the following site, http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/. Which I had used the Gradient test image for a reference in this post. It does state you can keep it for personal use.

-EDIT(1) For RGB I am refferring to the custom color setting in the standard menu which has the 0 - 100 range.

At 100 RGB there should be approximately 256 levels. To best illustrate it lower your RGB all down to 50, basically cuts the number of gradient levels of the display in half.

When I was toggling Soft Dither on and off the only part of the gradient image to change was the upper 50% range. Which basically appeared to restore it to 128 levels. While the lower 50% towards black remained at 64 levels.

It is strange that this setting does not seem to be well implemented. With RGB at 100 it is no wonder that I was unable to perceive any difference with Soft Dither on or off.

After this testing I have left Soft Dither off.

Fearrun

I just got my 2407wfp Rev A04 today (made in Mexico). Gorgeous but I'm going nuts!!!

I'm connecting my Toshiba Hd-a2 HD-DVD player via hdmi/dvi connector cable, and it won't let me get a 1080i signal. (The 1080i works perfectly with component, but no luck with hdmi/dvi.)

What am I doing wrong? Dell gave me this new for $381 + tax after coupons (!!) last week and want to keep it, but I need to figure out the digital 1080i so I can watch hd-dvd movies as meant to be...

The on screen message says "out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode..."
But the monitor is set to 1920x1200 @ 60

Any help appreciated!!

edit: I've tried both hdmi-dvi converting cables, as well as plain dvi-dvi with an attachment --- always the same message

I think the manual clearly say that DVI only support 1080P and doesn't support 1080i... :rolleyes:

I think the manual clearly say that DVI only support 1080P and doesn't support 1080i... :rolleyes:

I'm kind of new with this, but I'm going through the manual and see nothing mentioning that. I've gone through most of this thread, but seems everyone is just interested in 1080p.
I'll take your word for it, but can you show me a link mentioning it? thanks

Maybe not in the manual. But someone here tested and found out DVI doesn't support 1080i

.In the SERVICE MENU,
.turn 'iTest' on.

You are a God!!
teebaw = unsung hero of HardForum!

Two questions:
1. how come you're the only one that knows this (saw you posted this on another forum also)!??

2. How come there are no black bars on the left/right sides when watching 1080i HD movies with dvi (1:1 mapping), like there are when watching 1080i in component?

Thanks a million!

how I get to the service menu area?

-quoting teebaw from another forum-

how to get 1080i via DVI interface (DELL 2407WFP rev.A03-A04), using service menu:

.Turn off your screen, while your computer is still on.
.Press simultaneously the ‘Menu’ and ‘+’ button of the screen.
.While holding the 2 buttons, press now the ‘Power’ button.
.Once the screen in ON, let go of the 3 buttons.
.Then press the ‘-’ button.
.Set ‘iTest’ to ‘on’.
.Press ‘menu’ again to exit hidden menu.
Does it really works ? _YES.
-----------------------------

Now, can anyone tell me why I get black bars on the left and right when using Component (1080i), but not when using DVI (1080i)??

Can somebody with a A04 revision please try this:
Feed a 1080p signal with dvi-to-hdmi cable, then on the monitor change between 1:1/Aspect/Fill. Does the image size change? For me all three settings are selectable, but the image doesn't change. (however, 1080i, 720p, etc, change accordingly between fill/1:1, etc)
thanks!

EDIT: problem fixed - works now.

Can somebody with a A04 revision please try this:
Feed a 1080p signal with dvi-to-hdmi cable, then on the monitor change between 1:1/Aspect/Fill. Does the image size change? For me all three settings are selectable, but the image doesn't change. (however, 1080i, 720p, etc, change accordingly between fill/1:1, etc)
thanks!

EDIT: problem fixed - works now.

I'm having the exact same problem. How did you fix it?

The odd thing for me is that it stopped working. Up until a couple days ago, it worked perfectly.

Mine also worked right for a couple days, then stopped. I found unplugging it and replugging it back in the back of the monitor sometimes got this working again. Exchange it if you can.

Mine also worked right for a couple days, then stopped. I found unplugging it and replugging it back in the back of the monitor sometimes got this working again. Exchange it if you can.

Yup, mine does exactly the same. Well, thanks for the help.

Hi there

I had my 2407 Rev A03 replaced recently with a Rev A04 and I have some interrogations about it.
The info "Rev A04" is a sticker stuck on the original sticker where "Rev A02" stood.

I thought they only upgrade the firmware with the new Rev A04 one, because there is no banding whatsoever and the aspect options in 1600*1200 are not greyed out (1:1, fill, aspect are available)

But when I go inside the "secret menu", I can see "V1B29, HN208L6" which corresponds to a A04 screen panel according to this post http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030521460&postcount=10
This information couldn't have been changed on a Rev A02 screen panel even with a Rev A04 firmware correct ?
I can't check the component entry since I only have a Wii, and 480p is too streched out on this screen to verify anything.
And the only time I plugged a xbox 360 on my old Rev A03, I didn't find the quality hideous...

Anyway, if you guys could tell me what you think about it, it would be great thanks ! :)

PS. : I'm French, so excuse-me if there are any mistakes.

What is the real difference between the 2407wfp ao4 and the ao3 ? Is ao3 problem's serious or annoying enough that I should pass up my friend's offer to sell me a dell 2407 ao3 for 400$?

By looking at this thread I see that there is a banding issues and black bars ?
I will use this monitor for PC Gaming and Gaming on Xbox 360, Editing and casual internet surfing.. will this affect me or should I go for a new dell 2407 ao4 pay a little more but save the headache I will get if I buy the ao3.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering something. I just bought a new one of these from Dell. November 07 manu date. But it says A00!
I'm wondering if I got a refurbished unit, even though I bought a new item.
When I took the monitor out of the box, the VGA cable was already connected to the monitor.

I'll call them Monday to figure out what the deal is.

funny in the service menu, I have this info
V1B07 DR880

The vga cable is (always, I think) connected to the monitor for Dell. Was the same thing for my 2007

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering something. I just bought a new one of these from Dell. November 07 manu date. But it says A00!
I'm wondering if I got a refurbished unit, even though I bought a new item.
When I took the monitor out of the box, the VGA cable was already connected to the monitor.

I'll call them Monday to figure out what the deal is.

funny in the service menu, I have this info
V1B07 DR880

You probably have a 2407WFP-HC. The non-HC models are no longer manufactured.

You're right it's an HC model.
Seems to work well. I don't use it for consoles, just the PC and it does 1:1 on games like crysis like a champ.

Cheers

Recently the power button on my 2407WFP A03 broke. Dell replaced the defective 2407 with a refurb 2407WFP A04 made in China. The new new monitor seems to be the same as the older A03.

Just replaced my 2407 A03 because of some flickering issues. Got a refurb A04. I don't mind getting an updated model. But, I was under the impression that your first replacement was a new one, then a refurb after that.

So, why not just send the HC version since I paid the same for my 2407 in '06 as it cost for one now?

i have had 2 dell monitors, the 2405FPW and the new 2407WFP-HC. on the 2407WFP-HC I have my PC connected via VGA and a HD DirecTV receiver connected via component. whenever i set it to do PIP using the PIP button on the front panel it always defaults to VGA in the main screen and s-video in the PIP screen. with my old dell monitor all i had to do was use the buttons on the front and i could switch the PIP input. I can't seem to do the same thing on the 2407WFP-HC. every time i have to go into the menu and select the component input. am i doing something wrong? is there a way to switch inputs from the front panel?

Back