Dell 2405FPW 24" inch on the way?????

TSS Modder said:
you, sir, are one wealthy little geek w/ too much time, money, and connections. care to share some? ;) :D

Not sure if you are referring to me but u mmmmmm, I am 5"10 and 230lbs and look like one of the guys they use as a picture for collection notices. I could easily get a job as an exstra on the Supranos
:D

jacuzz1 said:
Not sure if you are referring to me but u mmmmmm, I am 5"10 and 230lbs and look like one of the guys they use as a picture for collection notices. I could easily get a job as an exstra on the Supranos
:D

OK, so you're one STOUT little geek with connections.

o my god, o my god, o my god, o my god... I can't believe it's actually going to be that price! I may ultimately wind up with 10 of them for my business when it's all said and done...

jmroberts70 said:
o my god, o my god, o my god, o my god... I can't believe it's actually going to be that price! I may ultimately wind up with 10 of them for my business when it's all said and done...

Um ,ah , do you need a towel or something? :eek:

too bad its dont have a remote control.
if it had one then it will be used as my TV in my Room

Jason711 said:
whats the response time with color? :confused:

12ms gray-to-gray, 16ms in all other situations.

idanhakia said:

It's a monitor. No monitors provide remote controls. It's usually the HT software/hardware vendor that provides a remote control. For example, Windows XP MCE 2005 comes with a remote control.

Terpfen said:
12ms gray-to-gray, 16ms in all other situations.

I think you'll find that is 16ms for black to white.

I don't believe anyone has produced a panel capable of all color transitions in 16ms or less.

The response curve for this one will be lucky to get the majority of times under 20-25ms but don't consider that to be bad performance, check out the curves on some of the 8ms panels for a comparison.

idanhakia said:

I think maybe the samsung version will, The Samsung 240T with PIP had a remore with it.

Well my friend from India called me back and she is still efforting the preorder SKU. In other words .........no progress yet. :(

Sounds like some of you are planning to usee this as a TV and PC monitor. I have a hidef STB (set top box). I can hook it up with components (yay!) but what do I do about the sound? The STB has L/R audio out and optical (I think) out. I don't have a stereo system in my PC room, and my audio is an old Creative SB Live! Value. what are my options?

the monitor is backwards compatible with the dell sound bar, it just ckiclsd below the monitor.

So.... can anyone find specs on the component inputs? Just curious if they support up to 1080P, since the monitor has enough pixels for it, it would be a nice touch. :D

Not that it really matters, since there is no "real" use for it for a while, but like I said, it would be a nice touch.

KevlarGibs said:
Not that it really matters, since there is no "real" use for it for a while, but like I said, it would be a nice touch.
"Nice touches" usually == ++price. I'd rather have --price than a load of nice touches.

Am I maybe looking in the wrong place? The official release says it'll be available in the US and Europe from March 1st, but I don't see any reference to it on www1.euro.dell.com ... (which is where I end up after being redirected from www.dell.co.uk...)

Anyone got a link, 'cos so far I'm hitting a wall ...

kaemaril said:
Am I maybe looking in the wrong place? The official release says it'll be available in the US and Europe from March 1st, but I don't see any reference to it on www1.euro.dell.com ... (which is where I end up after being redirected from www.dell.co.uk...)

I talked to my local (Denmark) Dell guy and he said that it would be available here at the very latest March 1st.

Hi,

I am from Canada, do you think it will be available on March 1st.

The press release says available in the America's wich should include Canada right??

Mcklain

I spoke to a Dell sales person here in Ireland and he said it will only be here in Ireland late March or early April :confused: :confused: :mad:

kaemaril said:

give dell a call :) im in the uk and pre ordered 2

Yaka said:
Congratulations! When's the delivery day? If they're released 1 March what's the shipping going to be? 5-10 working days or what? Also ... what's the price in GBP, then? :)

would be nice if i could afford it, my dads getting em for me place he works in uses nothing but dell kit. and his boss is kewl with it too

Yaka said:
Interestingly enough, I just gave 'em a call on their sales line - 0870 152 4699 - and the lady I spoke to (in, I'm suspecting, India) told me they couldn't give me a price until next week(!).

RassensassenfrassenDell....

hi there

I read that Dell is soon selling the 24inch monitor. I know the inches is the old metric system
and the centimeter is the modern metric system that use use by most of the would of today.
So I thought I would write down the two different metric system of the monitors that the companies uses. For CRT and LCD monitors and TVs.

15nches = 38cm

17inches = 43cm

19inches = 48cm

20inches = 51cm

23inches = 58cm

24inches = 61cm

30inches = 76cm

42inches = 106cm

40inches = 102cm

I hope this will give all of you idea how big the monitors and TVs really are with the modern
metric system compare with the old system. No doubt a lot of people will be getting the new Dell 24inch (61cm) monitor and be impress by the size and wanting to try it out on games and DVD movies.

mike8

It's a monitor. No monitors provide remote controls. It's usually the HT software/hardware vendor that provides a remote control. For example, Windows XP MCE 2005 comes with a remote control.

so lets say that i will shutdown my computer. does the screen shutdown its self?
i thought to buy an wirless keyboard and mice and shut it down...
it will work ha?

i think all monitors crts or tfts now go into standby mode. when pc goes off

kaemaril said:
Interestingly enough, I just gave 'em a call on their sales line - 0870 152 4699 - and the lady I spoke to (in, I'm suspecting, India) told me they couldn't give me a price until next week(!).

RassensassenfrassenDell....

yeah over seas is a biut crappy my dad got a dell laptop ccouple of months back and it was dead on arrival. cue over 45mins chatting to various peeps who dont understand him. he ended up smashing the phone up

Mcklain said:
I am from Canada, do you think it will be available on March 1st.

The press release says available in the America's wich should include Canada right??

It could be, but unless Canada was annexed while I was asleep, it's not a guarantee.

idsanity said:
Loads of official info here.

And a super hi-res pic here.

Hate that "D" shapped base...let alone that crappy "Dell" logo in the front. I wonder if there is a way to "fix" it up.

Yaka said:
i think all monitors crts or tfts now go into standby mode. when pc goes off
the question is.
is the monitor become black or it show some annoying picture of "no signal" or something like that...?

My 2001FP goes all black and the power button's LED turns from green to yellow when the PC is off. I'm betting that the 2405 probably does the same thing. I'll let you know when I get mine as soon as they're released in a couple of weeks. :D

Payne said:
Hate that "D" shapped base...let alone that crappy "Dell" logo in the front. I wonder if there is a way to "fix" it up.
A Dremel with a cut-off wheel is a remarkably efficient tool; combine that with some Playdoh, a $2 can of spray paint, and *boom* Bob's your uncle. ;) :D

idanhakia said:
the question is.
is the monitor become black or it show some annoying picture of "no signal" or something like that...?

It will display a no signal message for a few seconds and then turn off the display completely.

Back