Dell 2405FPW 24" inch on the way?????

Ok, I finally found the monitor I'm going to upgrade to

Anyone know of the quality on VGA vs Component, running 3 Gaming systems and a satellite reciever and I want the best quality, currently i have them all on component but since all 3 systems have a higher quality cable, it might be in my interest to upgrade. that being said anyone know if the VGA could outpreform the component based on quality? cables are expensive at this quality and I wouldn't want to waste it.

atm the moment im using x2vga adaptor on my dell 2001fp , i shall be using it on the 2405fpw hopefully. and prolly get component cables for both game cube and ps2.

TehQuick said:
That's arm may not be able to hold 2405, it's fairly heavy... I believe it's about 30 pounds with stand, so it's gonna be about 20-24pounds without it
Hmm, yeah dell says 29.1lb and they have it listed as 22.1lb and 15.4lb without the base.

Hey guys I've been following up on your posts on this site and it's great!.Much more detailed information than any other forum i've seen so far.
I'm really interested in obtaining one of these dell lcd's when it's realeased. Can't wait. I'm hoping all the previous backlighting and pixel issues with the 2001fpw and 2005fpw are resolved when it comes out. I was thinking of getting this monitor arm for mine when I get it. I think it's the most flexible, and it seems like it will be able to withstand the weight.

HTML:
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Ergotron_Ergotron_300_Series_Desk_Clamp_black

I've seen it for $199.00 with the 9"extention was wondering if anyone knows anywhere you can get it cheaper. I know dell's one is much longer like 27" but this is more flexible. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

i like the D-base, i also like the dell logo. i've seen a lot uglier looking screens, i find dell designs one of the better one. the only thing i would have liked more is slimmer and flat side frame.

CarlitoBrigante said:
Hey guys I've been following up on your posts on this site and it's great!.Much more detailed information than any other forum i've seen so far.
I'm really interested in obtaining one of these dell lcd's when it's realeased. Can't wait. I'm hoping all the previous backlighting and pixel issues with the 2001fpw and 2005fpw are resolved when it comes out. I was thinking of getting this monitor arm for mine when I get it. I think it's the most flexible, and it seems like it will be able to withstand the weight.

HTML:
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Ergotron_Ergotron_300_Series_Desk_Clamp_black

I've seen it for $199.00 with the 9"extention was wondering if anyone knows anywhere you can get it cheaper. I know dell's one is much longer like 27" but this is more flexible. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

I wold check the specs. I am not confident the 300 will hold the 24" Dell

jacuzz1 said:
This will, I own one and it easily does my Fp1703 and it worked on my 213T , i did not try the 2005fpw but If it will do the 213T? It is the real deal

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=A0373327&c=us&l=en&cs=04&category_id=5387&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx

does that have to be bolted into the desk (I don't want to put screws in my desk), or can it be clamped on the side? also, I have an L shaped corner desk and the monitor will be placed in that corner. Can I mount the arm base to one of the sides and kind of angle it?

jacuzz1 said:
I wold check the specs. I am not confident the 300 will hold the 24" Dell

According to Ergotrons website the double pivot is capable of holding lcd's upto 23lbs

Also 1 other question that I don't think we've touched on in this post. I'm thinking of getting a good graphics card for this lcd. For use with gaming and applications I'm looking to spend max $300 any recommendations for best performances..

CarlitoBrigante said:

According to Ergotrons website the double pivot is capable of holding lcd's upto 23lbs

Also 1 other question that I don't think we've touched on in this post. I'm thinking of getting a good graphics card for this lcd. For use with gaming and applications I'm looking to spend max $300 any recommendations for best performances..

either of the current nvidia and ati cards will be good enough.

Mysticcal said:
For this monitor? you MIGHT be able to snag a 6800 GT or a X800Pro for 300$

Cool, but which one performs better overall and has minimal problems? like in the benchmark tests?

ATI or NVIDIA?

CarlitoBrigante said:

X800XL if they ever come down to that price

might want to start a new thead in the appropriate forum

CarlitoBrigante said:

Max weight and comfortable wieght are two difff things. I must caution you on the 300

My bad , i was thinking Neo flex not the 300 , your good to go

jacuzz1 said:
My bad , i was thinking Neo flex not the 300 , your good to go

Sweet so thats my arm sorted, now I just need to sort out my graphics card...

Jees I didn't realise there were so many manufacturers...

Mysticcal said:
Ok, I finally found the monitor I'm going to upgrade to

Anyone know of the quality on VGA vs Component, running 3 Gaming systems and a satellite reciever and I want the best quality, currently i have them all on component but since all 3 systems have a higher quality cable, it might be in my interest to upgrade. that being said anyone know if the VGA could outpreform the component based on quality? cables are expensive at this quality and I wouldn't want to waste it.

If you're already using component, there probably isn't a compelling reason to switch to VGA. Xbox2 is rumored to have VGA output by default, so save the connector for that.

LxT said:
does that have to be bolted into the desk (I don't want to put screws in my desk), or can it be clamped on the side? also, I have an L shaped corner desk and the monitor will be placed in that corner. Can I mount the arm base to one of the sides and kind of angle it?

No, well sort of. It clamps but its heavty duty.

Hi, I am very interested about this monitor.
I am in the Netherlands now and I saw the price from dell Germany is normally cheaper. I just wonder whether it is convenient to buy from dell Germany.

magogo said:
Hi, I am very interested about this monitor.
I am in the Netherlands now and I saw the price from dell Germany is normally cheaper. I just wonder whether it is convenient to buy from dell Germany.

find out how much the shipping is...

Well this thread ended up far down the list. Am curious, has anyone in the world received one of these yet? Like over in Asia or Australia where I think they are avalable. We are getting close to it in the US.

Sneak said:
Well this thread ended up far down the list. Am curious, has anyone in the world received one of these yet? Like over in Asia or Australia where I think they are avalable.

I am in Australia and have had one ordered at my workplace. I should have it in 9-10 days according to Dell. This is to replace a 3-year old NEC MultiSync FP1355 (Mitsubishi Diamondtron 22" CRT). I am looking forward to having more desk space!

I will post again once it has arrived and I have had some time to decide what I think of it. Hopefully it will be free of the problems I have read about with the 2005fpw.

Sneak,
If you have been reading the other post, people in Japan are getting them and have been posting pictures. They do seem to have minor problems though. Some problems maybe from bad production models, so their waitng for a replacement. Need to wait if it's a standard problem or not.

The only problem that is known to be on every model is when your using component with a source of 4:3 ratio, it turns out as 3:2 ratio. Which means, 640:480 source comes out as 720:480 which is alittle stritched. Many people seems to be pissed on this.

santa590 said:
Sneak,
If you have been reading the other post, people in Japan are getting them and have been posting pictures. They do seem to have minor problems though. Some problems maybe from bad production models, so their waitng for a replacement. Need to wait if it's a standard problem or not.

The only problem that is known to be on every model is when your using component with a source of 4:3 ratio, it turns out as 3:2 ratio. Which means, 640:480 source comes out as 720:480 which is alittle stritched. Many people seems to be pissed on this.

could you post a link to the japenese 'reviews'?

my 2 that i ordered last week have now passed thorugh customs in Australia.

Hopefully Wed/Thursday :D

looks liek i will have to wait until dell uk site has em listed me dads boss just put his foot down and said no:/

OMG!!!

Just called Dell Canada this morning and the Indian guy just told me the 2405 is only gonna be available from the second or third week of March. :mad: :mad:

I've been calling them each day since 2 weeks and they always told me it was gonna be available during the first week of March.

I am so pissed.

Mcklain

Do you have a good translator for these pages? I tried using babel.altavista. it's still kinda jumbled up.

I read Japanese, so I don't need those. If babel didn't work, then I don't know what works.

ok

Just got a call from the courrier company and it will be dropped off tomorrow

sweet

8 days after ordering

Back