Dell 2405FPW 24" inch on the way?????

no monitor today it looks.

Edit: ummm wh000ps I thought it was due on the 11th...it's due on the 14th. :eek:

im holding of buying an lcd or a dlp tv until this gets released

cant wait

Don't they usually have some sort of press release a few weeks before the monitor comes out? I also thought they sold the monitors with systems before they sold them as standalones. I hope this is released tommorrow because I need a new monitor.

"digital Crack" the little voice in your head say 20" is not enought. You must have 24 you must , you must ...............digital ..................Crack.......................... :cool:

I'm hoping its true that tomorrow it will be out! Although I will be more disappointed if it comes out and not be at a good price point that I can afford! I been holding back on getting a TV replacement for my room! Hoping this will replace my 17" CRT and act as a TV in my room!

I think this is going to win out over that new WCing setup I was planning

:( and :D at the same time

So, when Dell says something will be released on a certain day, does that mean 12am eastern or mountain or something to that effect? I'm going to be up awhile tonight

phas3d

Hi there

I have notice that there is talk about a Dell might be releasing a 2405FPW and it could be manufactured under Sumsung 24inch widescreen monitor. I have seen a picture on Samsung Australian webpage. The monitor is very nice looking compare to the Dell 24inch monitor. here is a picture;
l_243t.jpg

Here are info on the 24inch monitor.
Brightness: 300cd
Response time: 30ms
Resalution: 1920 x 1200
Analogue & Digital interface

mike8 said:
Hi there

I have notice that there is talk about a Dell might be releasing a 2405FPW and it could be manufactured under Sumsung 24inch widescreen monitor. I have seen a picture on Samsung Australian webpage. The monitor is very nice looking compare to the Dell 24inch monitor. here is a picture;
l_243t.jpg

Here are info on the 24inch monitor.
Brightness: 300cd
Response time: 30ms
Resalution: 1920 x 1200
Analogue & Digital interface

Please read the thread before posting. And don't hotlink images.

Quick specs:

24" Viewable Image Size Largest available viewable image size in Dell's Flat Panel Monitor Portfolio
1920x1200 Native Resolution1 Provides gamers and graphics professionals with best in class image detail.
12ms (typ) Response Time2 Enables crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as gaming or video editing.
Dual input support 3 Digital (DVI) or Analog connection allowing for max versatility.
CE Inputs S-video, composite and component inputs allow for CE connectivity.
P-I-P (Picture-in-Picture)4 Users can and view alternative source video from a CE device with a touch of single PiP (Picture-in-Picture) button. View both your PC content and alternative source video at the same time.
Easy to access 4 port USB Hub and 9-in-1 card reader allowing easy access for your favorite peripheral devices

I think that $900 price tag is just Dell's typical multiple personality disorder when it comes to Home vs. Small business vs. Gov't. Also that link for the price doesnt work unless you navigate to the higher ed page from the dell homepage.

I started a thread for the 2405 since its been announced now:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=867944

is that how things normally go here? nothing wrong with this topic to continue it all i think....

anyway...march 2005 :( another month waiting time and possibly two to have it in europe :mad:

wow, $900 is a nice price :D if it's true that is. So Ed, why exactly did you open a new thread about this? The 2005fpw also has one major thread (ok ok, along with a dozen more small useless threads). But one BIG thread seems enough to me.

Post wherever you'd like. I just thought that someone looking for actual information on the 2405fpw instead of speculation would be better served finding said information on page 1 of a thread and not 14.

Ed said:
Post wherever you'd like. I just thought that someone looking for actual information on the 2405fpw instead of speculation would be better served finding said information on page 1 of a thread and not 14.

Probably edit the first post here to update in any case would be a good idea.

I think 2 threads in kinda unecessary right now. However, when it's released, I believe we should start a new one for actual first hand experiences, reviews, etc.

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be dozens of threads when this comes out...just like with the 2001 and 2005fpw

I spoke to someone in India today and she will be calling me back within 24 hours (so she claims) with what they will sell for. She said the release date was in fact today however there was a delay that has gone unexplained. I will post here if i get an more info. she is currently efforting a sku for me for a possible preorder. Once we have it , I suspect anyof us will be able to bring it up on their website :cool: I have here direct line and extension so i will share it via pm if this works.

you, sir, are one wealthy little geek w/ too much time, money, and connections. care to share some? ;) :D

called dell uk, and was told i sold be abel to preorder one by wenesday and they are offering a zero dead pixel policy :D

Back