Dell 24 Gaming Monitor - S2417DG - for net $400

Best Buy has had the 27" version for $450-475 in the past, with the holidays coming up expect it to hit that price again. The extra real estate and resolution are worth it imo and you would probably agree having the 27" version yourself.

Agree though overall, great gaming panels and not your regular TN!!!

Best Buy has had the 27" version for $450-475 in the past, with the holidays coming up expect it to hit that price again. The extra real estate and resolution are worth it imo and you would probably agree having the 27" version yourself.

Agree though overall, great gaming panels and not your regular TN!!!

I would agree, and posted myself in that very thread a couple of months ago when the deal was going around. Got the 27" myself for $475 and was very pleased.

Waiting for a better price / deal -- such is the conundrum of building computers! Thanks for pointing out the possibilities with the 27" (model S2716DG) and the holidays.

God I fucking hate G-Sync and the exorbitant price it adds to buying a monitor.

I wish Nvidia would stop fragmenting tech advancements and inflating prices with their proprietary bullshit.

I wish Nvidia would stop fragmenting tech advancements and inflating prices with their proprietary bullshit.

What? Don't like it, don't buy it. Enjoy your 60Hz.

What? Don't like it, don't buy it. Enjoy your 60Hz.

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. All criticism against our benevolent overlords at Nvidia should be silenced.

I just wish I could pay more for their G-Sync monitors.

Free sync adds a lot less to the price of a monitor thanks to it being royalty free but most people with high performance cards have nvidia cards.

Is there a 165hz 1440p Freesync screen with dell quality for $400? I've owned 7 Freesync and 4 Gsync screens by now, including both of the dell units mentioned in this thread (I much prefer the 24", it is fantastic). To get a decent one the price is pretty high either way, and in my experience Freesync works in far less games that I like.

Last edited:
Is there a 165hz 1440p Freesync screen with dell quality for $400? I've owned 7 Freesync and 4 Gsync screens by now, including both of the dell units mentioned in this thread (I much prefer the 24", it is fantastic). To get a decent one the price is pretty high either way, and in my experience Freesync works in far less games that I like.

I have no doubt that G-Sync performs better. It just annoys me that Nvidia won't cooperate in adopting an open-source syncing tech but instead clings to their proprietary crap. It's purely a money-driven choice that further splinters GPUs (and now monitors) and is not in the interest of consumers.

They're free to do what they want with their own technology, but I'm also free to bitch at them for it.

I have no doubt that G-Sync performs better. It just annoys me that Nvidia won't cooperate in adopting an open-source syncing tech but instead clings to their proprietary crap. It's purely a money-driven choice that further splinters GPUs (and now monitors) and is not in the interest of consumers.

They're free to do what they want with their own technology, but I'm also free to bitch at them for it.

I paid the same for my 27" Gsync dell as I did for my 27" Freesync benq. The prices only seem to be inflated on the super high end 3440xwhatever crap. I too wish they would just ditch the one brand only shit, its super annoying being locked in to one GPU type if you want all the features.

This monitor's price has been fluctuating like crazy lately. It was at $500 over the weekend. $427 is a very good price for what you get, IMO.

Nvidia caused the tech advancement. No one was using adaptive refresh rate, or even cared, before G-Sync.

I plan on buying one of the 27" this holiday season. I have been using my Asus 24" 144hz monitor now for many years and could never go back to a 60hz monitor.

I've had the 27" version of this monitor for several months now and still love it

Yes, it's a TN panel but a damn good one and looks fantastic after applying some tweaks and the response times...

Gsync tax sucks but playing games and not noticing when frame rate dips is something else

I have a ROG Swift and couldn't be happier. GSync is something that even my non-gaming brother was super impressed with. I was showing off Doom yesterday and he just stood there watching :)

With my luck I bought this monitor on Friday it goes on Sale on Sunday I still get a 75.00 Dell gift card so it kinda makes up for it.
This will be my 2nd 24" monitor if you ever thought that 27" was too big for some games try this sucker out it's good.

I thought the same thing, however after shopping for a 1440p LCD with 120+ Hz, I noticed that even the FreeSync models are about the same price.

Best Gaming Monitor (Buyer's Guide) - 2016 Edition

The Acer 27" Freesync is $444 on amazon and the absolute cheapest 1440p with Freesync at Newegg is a Pixio brand for $390. The Dell S2716DG has undoubtedly much better build quality and a USB 3.0 port built in.

There are only 3 FreeSync LCDs on Newegg which are cheaper than $400, but they are only 1080p. Two are Nixeus brand and had an MSRP of $350.

Initially when first shopping for G-sync screens, the sticker shock was there, but after researching FreeSync prices a little, my impression changed. For the 1440p resolution PLUS any adaptive sync, you're going to be paying >$400.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
this monitor was $427 on dell.com about a week ago, lasted a few days.

Got my 2nd one Fed EX today no lit or Dead pixels menu button work set for 10 years now :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

I won't go up to 4K because if they made made a 4k 24" it would defeat the purpose having a screen that small for gaming.

Dell Search

Buy one Monitor get the 2nd 1/2 off until the 31st

comes to 674.00 for two 1440P 24" gaming gsync monitor I bet they sell out.

Dell Search

Buy one Monitor get the 2nd 1/2 off until the 31st

comes to 674.00 for two 1440P 24" gaming gsync monitor I bet they sell out.
It's strange that in your link, I end up getting $449.99 while with OPs link it's $427.49

Edit: With your link I get it 50% off. I guess if you're buying just 1 monitor, go with OP's link

I ordered the 27" version of this monitor from dell outlet yesterday. it was listed for $500. using the 30% off dell outlet coupon that they seem to have all the time, plus tax and free shipping. total was $370. they had 14 of them in stock and were gone in about 40 minutes.

I ordered the 27" version of this monitor from dell outlet yesterday. it was listed for $500. using the 30% off dell outlet coupon that they seem to have all the time, plus tax and free shipping. total was $370. they had 14 of them in stock and were gone in about 40 minutes.

I knew they would go fast...

Lots of interest in these monitors, not surprising to see that they've gone quickly. I was just playing Arkham Knight on mine last night!

I have the 27", great monitor!

I don't use G-SYNC even though I have a GTX 1080, I prefer using ULMB 120hz. It barely impacts the image , unlike previous "lightboost" hacks.

Back