Dead Space remake (2023)

They don't even work when set to default. Even reinstalled my keyboard, mouse, and gamepad. Maybe I should go back to playing Fallout 4.

I agree with you. But how nice would it be if we got a game these days that was void of all the current modern audience bullshit.

Give me a fucking violent slasher with some jiggle physics sprinkled in. We’re here to play goddamnit.

Whatever happened to jiggle physics?
They were all the rage for a while, and, going through my backlog recently I played Hitman Absolution and it had them, but games like dead island with zombies in bikini's everywhere doesn't...

Anyway, in this version of Dead Space, how much of the story has changed?

Reactions: w35t
like this
Whatever happened to jiggle physics?
They were all the rage for a while, and, going through my backlog recently I played Hitman Absolution and it had them, but games like dead island with zombies in bikini's everywhere doesn't...

Anyway, in this version of Dead Space, how much of the story has changed?
Thanks to SJW's weighing in on the jiggle in LoL, SF, Tekken , MK, etc etc, now we have men in loin cloths and women wearing ab inducing nanosuits minus the jiggle.

I believe the story is the same, but they introduced a bunch of new content, secrets and they got rid of the asteroid part and made it a zero G manual point and aim the cannons with your own guns thing.

Yay booze and $15 EA Pro.. Downloading. I mostly play SP like once so as long as I don't play it more than a month. I played the original along time ago on the 360 and thought it really stood out. Maybe try the new NFS.

Last edited:
I'm a couple hours into the game and so far man I freaking love it! The graphics are very good but not ground breaking. The atmosphere is just as good as the original. The levels are familiar but are just different enough that I have to play cautiously expecting something to jump out at me at any second and it feels more like I'm playing it through for the first time.

The controls are working fine for me. I've got the mouse sensitivity cranked to 70 which is a lot higher than I usually keep it but it works fine. I've got almost all the settings set to high, DLSS set to Performance and I'm getting 85-120 FPS at 1440 with it mostly hovering around 100 FPS.

The audio is great but honestly not that much better than the OG. I'm using a new set of SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro wired headphones that I really love and I'm running it through SteelSeries' Sonar software with Spatial Audio on and it sounds great to me.

Overall I'm not regretting coughing up $70 for this at all....yes $70. I sprung for the Deluxe Edition for the extra suit skins.....come at me!

Last edited:
Game looks like ass with DLSS on, apparently due to forced variable rate shading:
https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1619064235384016896

Performance is a bit all over the map, but no issues otherwise.

I like DLSS, but quirks like this (that depend on the game) made me disappointed when the Atomic Heart devs said their DRM "might cause performance issues, but we have DLSS". Different game, but point is you can't rely purely on DLSS. It is a great tool but should not be mandatory for proper performance.

Well this is weird. The MSI overlay colors are for SDR but the game says HDR and looks HDR. In the menu before starting the game my receiver says Atmos but once the game starts it goes to 7.1 with upmixing (and 3D sound is selected in the menu). Whatever, just gonna play.

Straight up legit question why do you guys rush to play it ASAP without even waiting for the 1st patch - look how games release today wouldn't it ruin it for you hitting something game breaking or whatever

I understand I'm at the other end buying the GOTY for $3.75 all the time but still

Straight up legit question why do you guys rush to play it ASAP without even waiting for the 1st patch - look how games release today wouldn't it ruin it for you hitting something game breaking or whatever

I understand I'm at the other end buying the GOTY for $3.75 all the time but still
Someone has to be the guinea pig.
Let them be the first ones to test it out!

I'm going to wait for this one until a sale. I literally just replayed all 3 so I'll wait a bit.

I really enjoyed The Callisto Protocol though and am excited for the dlc.

DLSS adds some ghosting or smearing around the helmet when panning around in front of some backgrounds. Without DLSS though some of the graphics are just crawling and flickering.

And the reflections on max in this game are pure ass in some areas as it causes that strange shimmering look like in Resident Evil 2 before the RT update. Just putting it on medium fixes that.

And holy crap is this game demanding. I could not even hold 60 fps at 1440p on max settings with 3080 ti unless using DLSS.

Someone has to be the guinea pig.
Let them be the first ones to test it out!

I'm going to wait for this one until a sale. I literally just replayed all 3 so I'll wait a bit.

I really enjoyed The Callisto Protocol though and am excited for the dlc.

Tru

Thank you for your service lol o7

Perhaps because we want to enjoy playing a game we all loved with updated graphics and sound and we want it now. Gaming can be a very simple pleasure once you get past all the tech stuff. I'm over 50 now and I don't let the small stuff get in the way of just playing games. When I was younger I'd spend more time fiddling around with hardware and settings than actually playing the game. Today it's the exact opposite. I bought a pre built with a 3060ti and 10850k. I spend 99% percent of my time actually gaming now. I don't care so much that things don't always work perfectly as long as I'm still having fun.

DLSS adds some ghosting or smearing around the helmet when panning around in front of some backgrounds. Without DLSS though some of the graphics are just crawling and flickering.

Noticed smearing in Control even trying differen .dlls

Does this happen in a lot of dark games with DLSS, could be upscaling problem with that.

Perhaps because we want to enjoy playing a game we all loved with updated graphics and sound and we want it now. Gaming can be a very simple pleasure once you get past all the tech stuff. I'm over 50 now and I don't let the small stuff get in the way of just playing games. When I was younger I'd spend more time fiddling around with hardware and settings than actually playing the game. Today it's the exact opposite. I bought a pre built with a 3060ti and 10850k. I spend 99% percent of my time actually gaming now. I don't care so much that things don't always work perfectly as long as I'm still having fun.

That's where it's not worth the gamble for me, you get into it and you're the first to find the game breaking bug 🙃🔫

I haven't seen much stuttering which I've seen a lot of people complain about. I have a pretty good SSD if that has anything to do with it.

I like DLSS, but quirks like this (that depend on the game) made me disappointed when the Atomic Heart devs said their DRM "might cause performance issues, but we have DLSS". Different game, but point is you can't rely purely on DLSS. It is a great tool but should not be mandatory for proper performance.
MOST of the time it works great. I can't think of ANY DLSS 2 titles where I prefer native. But this is BAD. Reminds me of when I stayed up late eagerly awaiting the BF5 DLSS patch the night it released, only to think "WTF IS THIS GARBAGE" when I enabled it.

The yellow crate here in this screen shot stuck out first as being blurry for some reason, but Isaac's suit looks comically bad with DLSS. Some of the textures on the wall in the distance look horrible as well. This is at 3440x1440. TAA high vs DLSS Quality.

https://imgsli.com/MTUwNzk2

Rebooted in 120hz mode with VRR display. MSI overlay still shows SDR colors but the blacks are black on my OLED in HDR mode. AVR shows Atmos in game now. Seems to run smooth af at 4K maxed DLSS quality 120hz VRR on my rig in the sig. I'm not far but this is amazing, this is how to do a remake. Probably should've bought it instead of EA Play. I guess I'll get it cheap on a future sale.

MOST of the time it works great. I can't think of ANY DLSS 2 titles where I prefer native. But this is BAD. Reminds me of when I stayed up late eagerly awaiting the BF5 DLSS patch the night it released, only to think "WTF IS THIS GARBAGE" when I enabled it.

The yellow crate here in this screen shot stuck out first as being blurry for some reason, but Isaac's suit looks comically bad with DLSS. Some of the textures on the wall in the distance look horrible as well. This is at 3440x1440. TAA high vs DLSS Quality.

https://imgsli.com/MTUwNzk2

Are you really losing that much contrast between the two or just difference in 2 differently captured frames?

Edit: Like look at the floor to your left in the DLSS image it's much more gray than the TAA image, or is that fog or something?

Last edited:
DLSS & FSR cuts down a bit of the sharpness esp with Isaac's suit but the frame rate is more consistent. Harder to see the sharpness difference in motion IMO. Rather have smoother frame rates. Helps with immersion.

Last edited:
Are you really losing that much contrast between the two or just difference in 2 differently captured frames?

Edit: Like look at the floor to your left in the DLSS image it's much more gray than the TAA image, or is that fog or something?
Not sure why that looks so different. I took the screen shot, hit escape, changed settings, took another screen shot. Here's another comparison I took just now:

https://imgsli.com/MTUwODAz

DLSS looks like someone smeared vaseline all over the screen. If you told me the game was using DLSS 1, I would believe you.

Last edited:
Not sure why that looks so different. I took the screen shot, hit escape, changes settings, took another screen shot. Here's another comparison I took just now:

https://imgsli.com/MTUwODAz

DLSS looks like someone smeared vaseline all over the screen. If you told me the game was using DLSS 1, I would believe you.
I can confirm that the game looks a lot better with DLSS disabled.

I'm a couple hours into the game and so far man I freaking love it! The graphics are very good but not ground breaking. The atmosphere is just as good as the original. The levels are familiar but are just different enough that I have to play cautiously expecting something to jump out at me at any second and it feels more like I'm playing it through for the first time...

I don't think comparing it to modern titles in terms of visuals is fair...the real test is comparing it to the original game...that's a huge upgrade...switching from their custom Visceral engine to Frostbite made a big difference

I like this guy's videos so I suggest checking out his channel if you don't already know who he is. He points out in the video what I mentioned earlier about the reflections being jacked up in spots. It was also kind of odd that some debris and paper on the floor looked worse than in the original Dead Space. I mean how is that even possible?

i was a huge fan of the original, shitty controls and all. played about an hour of the remake last night, have to say so far i like it. runs pretty well. i'm running on a 6700XT and i have all the details cranked to the max - mind you i'm running at 1920x1200.

i notice the textures look slightly washed out (but not bad). any suggestions or is this just the game? very occasional brief stuttering, nothing deal breaking.

maybe we can get more horror games? i do love them so.

So are the controls any better than the original or janky as hell? That was the thing that bothered me the most about the 1st game.

So are the controls any better than the original or janky as hell? That was the thing that bothered me the most about the 1st game.
That's one thing that was greatly improved. You don't move around like a tank anymore. The controls are fast and responsive.

Now it makes sense why I had a few folk ping me to 3d print off Dead Space markers. Dang game drops.

Back