Dead Space 3 trailer up

The "one" thing that destroyed the Invisible War experience? Who writes this stuff?

Right?

"Aww damn it, Deus Ex IR would have been the worthy sequel to the first Deus Ex and another all time masterpiece if only it weren't for that damned universal ammo!"

*waits*

Nah, I can't sell it. I didn't even write that with a straight face.

LOL, no kidding. I played a far bit of DX:IW and I didn't even really notice universal ammo as being that big of an issue compared to all the other bullshit in that game.

Seriously? Why do they do shit like this?

Did they believe DS1 and DS2 weren't popular enough, so they need to make these drastic changes to the game in order to sell more copies, when in reality it just pisses everyone off? I don't understand their thinking at all on this.

It's what happens when people who aren't gamers, or even play games make the decisions.

DS2 was the first horror game I have ever played/finished, twice, and I hate horror movies and games.... it looks like DS3 is getting punched in the sack by EA just like ME3.
Just curious,how on earth is this EA fault?:))

So the publishers develop the game not the game company?isn't that a little far fetched?I am sure they take part in decision making but designing the game itself?how do u know its not the game company making these bad decisions?

So the publishers develop the game not the game company?isn't that a little far fetched?I am sure they take part in decision making but designing the game itself?how do u know its not the game company making these bad decisions?

EA has specifically said that they need at the minimum, 5 million fans, in order for Dead Space to survive. Are you new to how this all works? They've made many amazing IPs take nose dives into the ocean for their "brilliant" changes in order to gain more money. :rolleyes:

I'm not the only one who's seen this for the lifetime of many well received game series. Instead of ending with a bang, they end with a poof.

"they made us do it" seems like a sorry excuse for a game company,not like there is any proof,and i mean some game company admiting the publisher forced them to take the game in a bad direction. I blame the game companies first ,for any game changing decisions,u can blame the drm and dlc on the publisher,and thats about it.

"they made us do it" seems like a sorry excuse for a game company,not like there is any proof,and i mean some game company admiting the publisher forced them to take the game in a bad direction. I blame the game companies first ,for any game changing decisions,u can blame the drm and dlc on the publisher,and thats about it.
sorry but you are being really naive here.

Blaming the fact that they added cover system on the publisher is what?

Naivette is no excuse for not understanding the situation regarding EA & other big publishers that are also developers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

Studios they've killed off:
Defunct

• Original HQ in San Mateo, California, moved to Redwood City in 1998.
  • Origin Systems in Austin, Texas founded in 1983, acquired in 1992, closed in 2004.
  • Bullfrog Productions in Surrey, England, founded in 1987, acquired in 1995, merged with EA UK and effectively closed in 2001.
  • EA Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland, established in 1996 as part of Origin, closed in 2000
  • EA Seattle in Seattle, Washington, founded in 1982 as Manley & Associates, acquired January 29, 1996, closed in 2002
  • Maxis in Walnut Creek, California, founded in 1987, acquired in June 1997, folded into Redwood Shores in 2004
  • Westwood Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada, founded in 1987, acquired from Virgin Interactive Entertainment in August 1998, merged into EA Los Angeles in 2003.
  • EA Pacific (known for a time as Westwood Pacific) in Irvine, California, formerly part of Virgin Interactive, acquired with Westwood in 1998, closed in 2003
  • Kesmai (known also as GameStorm), founded in 1981, acquired in 1999, closed in 2001.
  • DICE Canada in London, Ontario, started in 1998, acquired DICE fully October 2, 2006; closed DICE Canada studio hours later.
  • EA Japan in Tokyo, Japan, closed due to consolidation; moved under EA Partners model
  • EA UK in Chertsey, United Kingdom, moved to EA UK in Guildford
  • EA Chicago in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, founded in 1990 as NuFX, acquired in 2004, closed November 6, 2007.
  • Pandemic Studios in Los Angeles, California and Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, founded in 1998, acquired October 2007 from Elevation Partners, closed November 17, 2009.
  • Bright Light, in Guildford, Surrey, formerly EA UK, closed in 2011.
Game series that have been ruined by EA (that I've enjoyed):

- Command & Conquer
- Mass Effect
- Dragon Age
- Sim City
- Need For Speed

Blaming the fact that they added cover system on the publisher is what?

Cynical, but fairly realistic. Most devs cannot release a game unless the large publishers OK the content, who have a lot of weight on what goes into a game.

ORLY?

visceral games (aka redwood) is owned by EA, managed by the same vp in charge of maxis, and the LA branch of EA. they work out of the same offices as EA hq and are led by the same people who drove both C&C and sim city into the ground. not sure how much more proof you need to have that EA is directly involved with all the decisions they make about every aspect of the game, so you are pretty much wrong in every way,

Back