Dead Space 3 trailer up

"What the fuck? Fuck! Fuck! Oh Fuck! Fucking fuck! How the fuck!"

...The bro-op character is already intolerable.

Am I the only one who could not make any sense of the plot of DS 2? It just seemed completely incoherent.....no explanation as to why they would want to build another marker

Not 100% but I think it was kinda like Alien where they wanted it for as a weapon or so they could sell it or something. I wasn't paying that much attention.

how they came to build the first marker

This was explained in the first one. They built it based on a relic they found elsewhere and wanted to harness its power.

why the marker needed to absorb Isaac to be reborn or why the fuck Isaac needed to take an injection to the eye in order to defeat the mega marker.

Not sure about the absorbing but the needle was because the plans or secret codes or whatever were locked in Isaac's brain or self conscious or something and this machine was the only way to get them out.

Again, that all might not be 100% cause I wasn't really trying to find out the story that much.

"What the fuck? Fuck! Fuck! Oh Fuck! Fucking fuck! How the fuck!"

...The bro-op character is already intolerable.

Agreed.

Incidentally I've noticed the use of profanity in some of these games has really gone to an absurd cliched level. I'm no prude but what you just quoted there is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Enough already, game developers. "Keep it real" is one thing but it just gets stupid after a point.

Can't writers come up with anything better than that? Good writers can.

I've always found Rockstar's games to handle coarse language very well. Bulletstorm's use wasn't too bad either since it was deliberately OTT. "I'll kill your dicks!"

Dead Space 3 is just embarrassing from all signs so far.

I've always found Rockstar's games to handle coarse language very well. Bulletstorm's use wasn't too bad either since it was deliberately OTT. "I'll kill your dicks!"

Dead Space 3 is just embarrassing from all signs so far.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Ds1 and 2 but I have to admit at this point I'm feeling some nagging doubts here.

Boondock Saints :D At least that bro-op worked to an enjoyable level.

Cool videogame potential right there.

finally they moved the camera off his damn back, and now it's a lame cover shooter. just when I thought they would get it right even once, they got to drop another bomb on it to ruin another game with such great potential.

There's a lot of shady shit that EA did in the past that I was not aware of till now. I think I'm done with buying any game that is published by EA. It's a shame since Dead Space is such a great series.

Too many gamers here have cat litter in their vaginas.:rolleyes:

This is a Day 1 buy for me. First 2 games were great and I am sure this one will deliver the goods as well.

This is a Day 1 buy for me. First 2 games were great and I am sure this one will deliver the goods as well.

There is some truth to this. Does seem like every thread on gaming is all basically "the industry sucks, developers suck, puishers suck, everything sucks!"

I guess I'm easier to please cause there are tons of great games that I've spent hundreds of hours enjoying. All the Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Batmans, Bioshocks, Deus Ex: HR, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Wolfenstein and I even liked Duke Forever. And I'm looking forward to Crysis 3. Dead Space 3, the next Batman, Bioshock Infinite, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3 and a few others.

There is a lot to bitch about no doubt but I think the games coming out right now are the best games ever and I go back to 1982.

There is some truth to this. Does seem like every thread on gaming is all basically "the industry sucks, developers suck, puishers suck, everything sucks!"

I guess I'm easier to please cause there are tons of great games that I've spent hundreds of hours enjoying. All the Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Batmans, Bioshocks, Deus Ex: HR, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Wolfenstein and I even liked Duke Forever. And I'm looking forward to Crysis 3. Dead Space 3, the next Batman, Bioshock Infinite, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3 and a few others.

There is a lot to bitch about no doubt but I think the games coming out right now are the best games ever and I go back to 1982.

This has become the whining forum. If anything at all sucks about the game, even the smallest thing, than the whole game is bad and the publisher/dev are crap.

This has become the whining forum. If anything at all sucks about the game, even the smallest thing, than the whole game is bad and the publisher/dev are crap.

nobody is bitching for the sake of bitching. for crying out loud this is a survival horror franchise so of course people are going to be upset seeing it turn into yet another cover based co-op shooter. honestly its people like you that are more of the problem then those of us that would like a certain franchise to remain true to its roots. I am not saying the game will suck but to act like people should not be worried and cant complain is freaking stupid.

nobody is bitching for the sake of bitching. for crying out loud this is a survival horror franchise so of course people are going to be upset seeing it turn into yet another cover based co-op shooter. honestly its people like you that are more of the problem then those of us that would like a certain franchise to remain true to its roots. I am not saying the game will suck but to act like people should not be worried and cant complain is freaking stupid.

I don't consider what we were talking about to be whining.. We were just wondering if they were fundamentally changing the game which is what it looked like from the trailer and gameplay video. What is a little much is the "fuck EA! Fuck Ubisoft! Fuck Crytek! I'm never buying any game ever again from anybody" sentiment that always pops up in gaming threads.

This game could be an awesome on the rails 3rd person cover based co-op action shooter... unfortunately I couldn't care less if it is because I'm not that interested in an on the rails 3rd person cover based co-op action shooter and would rather dead space stay a survival horror.

That said, survival horror games typically get worse with each sequel because you can never recreate the tension and atmosphere of the first, which is why I think they're going down this road.

I'm usually an advocate for judging games on their own merits rather than what came before or what climate they are released in... it's just I have no interest in the type of game Dead Space 3 is shaping up to be and would much rather the type of game it COULD be if they stayed true to its roots.

I don't consider what we were talking about to be whining.. We were just wondering if they were fundamentally changing the game which is what it looked like from the trailer and gameplay video. What is a little much is the "fuck EA! Fuck Ubisoft! Fuck Crytek! I'm never buying any game ever again from anybody" sentiment that always pops up in gaming threads.

Yep.

I'm actually reasonably excited for Dead Space 3.

I thought DS1 nailed the surival horror feel; DS2 was more of an action-horror type to me. Still, both were great games. I expect DS3 to veer more on the side of DS2 but that does not mean it won't be a bad game.

One point that I haven't seen in the thread so far is that cover is only available when battling human enemies. Once the necromorphs come out, cover goes away.

So far I think the developer is handling things well. The cover mechanic is limited and cover is optional. I think this is important because they're introducing new elements without forcing them upon us wholeheartedly. My tone would be different it that were the case.

In any event, Visceral has earned the benefit of the doubt from me. We've got a ways to go to Feb 2013 and I'm eager to hear more about the game.

To be fair, you did like Duke Nukem Forever. ;)

I liken it to a debate I had with someone over movies, who said they were only for amusement. He said movies aren't supposed to make you think, you're supposed to turn your brain off while watching them. He also said subtitles were "pretentious art fag shit".

With that thrilling anecdote out of the way, it's hard for me to tell if DS3 will be a shitfest. That worries me a tad, as I liked the first two games quite a bit.

This gets a sad "lol" from me.

Yup. I'm about 3/4 the way there of writing this series off after reading that link.

How much you wanna bet "some elements" means console-centric cover shooter?

Absolutely.

It means "we're going to dumb the product down to the lowest common denominator like we usually do and run another once good series."

Because it's not like the series was already selling well "as is" or anything. :rolleyes:

Not the end of the world but I do think this slid down from a day 1 buy to maybe a week 2 buy. I'll let some reviews get out there before I invest.

I won't do co-op, I hate co-op unless I have a friend sitting next to me playing. Otherwise it just isn't any fun. Also, I bet they're getting rid of the horror element. That is what made the games awesome, and if they take that away, then it is just became a crappy game.

PC Gamer's latest gossip rumor column suggest the co-op is drop in/drop out. That's the only way I could tolerate it. Also mentioned a potential cover system and basically more of a bent towards the action side of things in terms of the gameplay. Or if you prefer: A little more Gears of War style gameplay.

PC Gamer's latest gossip rumor column suggest the co-op is drop in/drop out. That's the only way I could tolerate it.

I watched a gameplay video and they (one of the developers) said several times that it was drop-in/drop-out. However it looked like you had to wait for a checkpoint to "drop-in". Which is fine, I guess.

I watched a gameplay video and they (one of the developers) said several times that it was drop-in/drop-out. However it looked like you had to wait for a checkpoint to "drop-in". Which is fine, I guess.

Sure. As long as it's not forced on the player via dumb AI companion then that's fine.

Sure. As long as it's not forced on the player via dumb AI companion then that's fine.

They showed/verified that there would be no AI character when playing SP as well.

So basically, the co-op guy just appears/disappears at will, which is of course absurd in terms of the story, but honestly I prefer to see it this way for playability.

They showed/verified that there would be no AI character when playing SP as well.

So basically, the co-op guy just appears/disappears at will, which is of course absurd in terms of the story, but honestly I prefer to see it this way for playability.

Good 'nuff for me.

If that made you depressed, better not read this then:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-d...over-system-confirmed-universal-ammo-present/

And things get worse and worse for Dead Space 3. Not only will this third part of Visceral Games’ horror franchise be more action oriented, but it has also been confirmed that the game will feature a cover system and universal ammo. Yeap, universal ammo: the one thing that destroyed the whole Deus Ex: Invisible War experience. Way to go EA.

EA don't want to piss off dead space fans? Looks to me like they shat all over them and then some :cool:

LOL, wow.

Everything was going great with DS games. They've sold well. Even by EA stupidity dumb it all down standards I'm at a loss to wrap my brain around some of this.

Cover system I don't mind.

The "one" thing that destroyed the Invisible War experience? Who writes this stuff?

Seriously? Why do they do shit like this?

Did they believe DS1 and DS2 weren't popular enough, so they need to make these drastic changes to the game in order to sell more copies, when in reality it just pisses everyone off? I don't understand their thinking at all on this.

Seriously? Why do they do shit like this?

Did they believe DS1 and DS2 weren't popular enough, so they need to make these drastic changes to the game in order to sell more copies, when in reality it just pisses everyone off? I don't understand their thinking at all on this.

I don't get it, either.

I'd at least understand it if it were a situation where there were declining sales and you had a "all or nothing on this one to save the franchise" type situation but that just isn't the case at all.

The "one" thing that destroyed the Invisible War experience? Who writes this stuff?

Right?

"Aww damn it, Deus Ex IR would have been the worthy sequel to the first Deus Ex and another all time masterpiece if only it weren't for that damned universal ammo!"

*waits*

Nah, I can't sell it. I didn't even write that with a straight face.

Back