• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DCS World 2.9 (Digital Combat Simulator)

Free updates coming which will include new AI assets. These are actually available as mods by Currenthill right now, though I was unable to figure out how to install them properly. Having them added officially into the game will simplify that of course. This is one of the areas DCS has been lagging in, especially for new maps which often lack period/location correct equipment, so this is a good development. Some of the assets are 2 decades old as well so seeing new and improved versions is great.


The first iteration of the Currenthill Assets Pack will contain:


  • FV101 Scorpion LT
  • FV107 Scimitar CRV
  • T-90A MBT
  • T-90M MBT
  • T-84 Oplot-M MBT
  • T-64 Bv 2017 MBT
  • M1130 Stryker ICV
  • M-ATV MRAP
  • BMPT Terminator IFV
  • 9K720 Iskander SRBM (with 9M723K1)
  • M142 GMLRS MRL (with M30A1/M31 GMLRS)
  • M142 ATACMS MRL (with M39A1 ATACMS)
  • Pantsir S1 SPAAGM (with 57E6)
  • Tor M2 SHORAD (with 9M338)
  • TOS-1A MRL (with MO.1.01.04M)
  • M1083 MTV Truck
  • IRIS-T SLM LN SAM (with IRIS-T SLM)
  • IRIS-T SLM STR SAM
  • IRIS-T SLM CP SAM
  • Tu-95MS Bomber (with Kh-101 and Kh-555)
  • Mi-28N Attack Helicopter (with Ataka and Igla)
  • Project 22160 Patrol Ship with SA-15 (Tor-M2)
  • Project 22160 Patrol Ship

Each Asset comes with:


  • High resolution textures
  • LODs for both model and destroyed model
  • Custom sounds
  • Animations
  • Summer, desert and winter liveries
  • FLIR textures
  • Encyclopedia entries

Some examples of the stuff Currenthill has made:

Usnc0LfiID4P_QolN-pQdgJ-IUqWj9UUakGOa9Mh9C_qetkqgFATJjsoOo1m_78u93gzKiGh2G8ZDBVfwSS_Rwip31B4W2SoTNQqF_xVw_16IHreJ2LDR47zOB2HDt4beQ=w1280
Slide14.PNG

5vHbsnysbA6DCxpxybEXzJwjwFIsJ0j05OsPDovn2I8QgLV5WfTdsYGrzeOiyN1n356S9Pg02sfDqDWD-AiRpT9mtRnzAh37Bfkee7QDwc2JOHZtjZ9nFmSm7580pZjk0A=w1280
Slide33.PNG

Slide25.PNG

BTR-4 promo.png

I would really like this to be added as flyable (even as a paid upgrade), a NATO-upgraded MIG-29 variant that is being used by Ukraine almost daily:

ukMZsNnhT3oB-eJdv7Q6fT1QlxPDAiyT7pA-4-uh4zG1_ePAbc5EB20S4ptz9Eh6a561xjRZ9hivR28uYrDvnDcb5a1UnEC7pDnaNqR3COF_LISJDNUjO5E_4XllipQokg=w1280
MiG-29MU2 promo.png


Not sure about the AIM-120, but the Ukrainian MIG-29s are dropping JDAMs & AASM Hammers and launching AGM-88s.
 
Last edited:
Anybody zooming around on the Cold War Germany map?

I had a quick look so far and liked it. Have to do custom missions to explore my hometown. Very Soon Now(tm).
 
I will probably buy it eventually but I bought Kola recently. Kola is nice but a bit flat in most places.
 
DCS Sinai got updated. Includes all of Israel and Damascus and a bit of Libya. So some significant overlap with Syria. No idea how it compares, I do understand wanting to include Israel as it would be necessary to make Egypt worth playing though the overlap is a bit annoying. I'd rather see developers making new areas than doing the same places.
 
DCS will switch to Vulkan later this year. Lots of good updates to the core game coming like more realistic infantry and better ground AI. But one thing is disappointing, Vulkan seems like it will be the end of Razbam modules. I have the Mirage 2000C and will be annoyed if I can no longer use it going forward. Quote from a Razbam developer at the bottom:

w9s1gde8jyag1.png


From what I can tell there was a contract dispute. Razbam had contracts for the commercial game DCS, but not the military/government simulator. As they're separate products they have separate licenses, due to some other things like government regulations and whatnot, different support requirements and the like. Not uncommon for other games like MS Flight sim or ArmA and VBS (military/government version of ArmA). Razbam was developing a Super Tucano for the Ecuadorian Air Force, but refused to sign the contracts for that version. ED told them to stop development using their software/tools to develop for the professional product as they needed to sign a license to continue development as it was not intended for the commercial game product (DCS). Razbam did not agree, ED stopped paying Razbam for new modules sold. Fast forward a year or so and it Razbam asked ED to pull their products from sale, which ED did. No updates for those Razbam modules were coming along and it seems like once DCS moves to Vulkan there will be no updates for those planes. I am not sure if this is 100% correct, but it seems to be roughly what the rumors and whatnot point to.

I hope in the future ED requires any 3rd party developer to hand over source code in the event a 3rd party goes under. If we're going to loose access to modules they should provide some store credit towards another module but I am doubting that will happen.

Ace Combat 4 skin I made some years ago for DCS Mirage 2000C:

Screen_160325_203851.jpg


Screen_160325_203754.jpg


Would be a shame if I could no longer fly with it. Well, maybe another 3rd party can step up for a Mirage 2000-5 or -9...
 
DCS will switch to Vulkan later this year. Lots of good updates to the core game coming like more realistic infantry and better ground AI. But one thing is disappointing, Vulkan seems like it will be the end of Razbam modules. I have the Mirage 2000C and will be annoyed if I can no longer use it going forward. Quote from a Razbam developer at the bottom:

View attachment 781019

From what I can tell there was a contract dispute. Razbam had contracts for the commercial game DCS, but not the military/government simulator. As they're separate products they have separate licenses, due to some other things like government regulations and whatnot, different support requirements and the like. Not uncommon for other games like MS Flight sim or ArmA and VBS (military/government version of ArmA). Razbam was developing a Super Tucano for the Ecuadorian Air Force, but refused to sign the contracts for that version. ED told them to stop development using their software/tools to develop for the professional product as they needed to sign a license to continue development as it was not intended for the commercial game product (DCS). Razbam did not agree, ED stopped paying Razbam for new modules sold. Fast forward a year or so and it Razbam asked ED to pull their products from sale, which ED did. No updates for those Razbam modules were coming along and it seems like once DCS moves to Vulkan there will be no updates for those planes. I am not sure if this is 100% correct, but it seems to be roughly what the rumors and whatnot point to.

I hope in the future ED requires any 3rd party developer to hand over source code in the event a 3rd party goes under. If we're going to loose access to modules they should provide some store credit towards another module but I am doubting that will happen.

Ace Combat 4 skin I made some years ago for DCS Mirage 2000C:

View attachment 781097

View attachment 781098

Would be a shame if I could no longer fly with it. Well, maybe another 3rd party can step up for a Mirage 2000-5 or -9...

I have most of the Razbam modules and I won't be a happy camper.

There also is such a thing as source code escrow. You don't have to hand over the source code to the other party. It goes to a third party which will hand it over when some condition is fulfilled (such as bankruptcy). Not before, so competition will not be affected.
 
I have most of the Razbam modules and I won't be a happy camper.

There also is such a thing as source code escrow. You don't have to hand over the source code to the other party. It goes to a third party which will hand it over when some condition is fulfilled (such as bankruptcy). Not before, so competition will not be affected.

I'm really glad I did not get the F-15E, which I came close to purchasing. End of the day, ED needs to make it right. Especially for the people who ordered "early access" modules.
 
I'm really glad I did not get the F-15E, which I came close to purchasing. End of the day, ED needs to make it right. Especially for the people who ordered "early access" modules.

I don't think there is much of a chance to undo the damage done already.

Best we can hope for is that provisions are made to not repeat such a situation in the future, such as source code escrow.
 
Back
Top