DC Vault 2

Constellation over the same 24 hours as above (or last page):

Only the i7 has actually returned work so far, and of the 14 WUs returned, 3 are scored at 121.8, 121.27, and 121.94 points with run times of 15,215 sec, 15,280 sec, and 15,072 sec (4h 10m - 4h 15 m) respectively. This would mean less than 6 WU/thread/day - so with all 8 threads running this would mean a theoretical max of 45 WU/day, and at 121 points each, that's only 5,445 ppd for my i7 machine. So I'd be lucky to see 10K ppd on all three of my rigs...

This one is going to be a slow crawl without some massive multi-core chips being thrown at it!

Last edited:
^ Indeed - very nice, Brilong! Bringing the heat! We've jumped to #1 in daily production on what, our third day attacking this project? :D 400K ppd for the rest of the month will put us easily in the top 40 for the project...

Constellation over the same 24 hours as above (or last page):

Only the i7 has actually returned work so far, and of the 14 WUs returned, 3 are scored at 121.8, 121.27, and 121.94 points with run times of 15,215 sec, 15,280 sec, and 15,072 sec (4h 10m - 4h 15 m) respectively. This would mean less than 6 WU/thread/day - so with all 8 threads running this would mean a theoretical max of 45 WU/day, and at 121 points each, that's only 5,445 ppd for my i7 machine. So I'd be lucky to see 10K ppd on all three of my rigs...

This one is going to be a slow crawl without some massive multi-core chips being thrown at it!

Constellation is going to take a long time to make progress. I have hundreds of wu still waiting on validation and some of them go back as far as the middle of June. Until more teams are active this one is going to be slow going. I'll leave my i2p on this for the month of July to see how that moves us up.

^ Indeed - very nice, Brilong! Bringing the heat! We've jumped to #1 in daily production on what, our third day attacking this project? :D 400K ppd for the rest of the month will put us easily in the top 40 for the project...

hmm at 407k ppd in primeboina, you will pass everyone on the FreeDC Opportunities in 10 days.
Rank 30 in 30days
Rank 17 in 60days
Rank 14 in 90days
30d 60d 90d pts
1621.64 1941.4 2009.92

30 BOINCstats 30.2
29 PC Perspective Killer Frogs 30.2
28 CANAL@Boinc 34.5
27 Rechenkraft.net 35.9
26 Electronic Sports League (ESL) 34.1
25 hobby cruncher 41.0
24 SETIKAH@KOREA 39.3
23 BOINC Confederation 43.0
22 AMD Users 43.2
21 Russia Team 47.3
20 Team China 49.6
19 Team Starfire World BOINC 57.7
18 BOINC@MIXI 57.9
17 Piratenpartei Deutschland 59.0
16 The Knights Who Say Ni! 81.0
15 Keep The Fire Alive! 85.3
14 Team Musketeers 86.5

12 BOINC.Italy 94.5
13 Boinc UK 119.0
11 UK BOINC Team 126.0
8 LITOMYSL Boinc Team Czech Republic 174.6
9 Czech National Team 195.3
7 Polish National Team 220.8
4 BOINC@Poland 370.0
6 SETI@Netherlands 378.8
5 L'Alliance Francophone 380.9
3 SETI.Germany 427.4
10 BOINC Synergy 732.6
1 SETI.USA 1184.9
2 Sicituradastra. 1251.1

Last edited:
So it is a validation thing, I can try running some of them when I get done with NumberFields, if they have a backlog of work needing to be validated maybe I can help clear that up by putting a bunch of cores on it. I have seen that work before on some of the other projects such as primegrid in the challenges I will get allot of brilongs work to validate and when I look at his computers he will have allot of mine also. I have seen it with Poggs and Asteroids also when I join in I will get a bunch of the backlogged verification WU's.

If it works the same way with Constellation when I attach to it and run for a day or two you should see a increase of credit.

Ok, DC Vault Summary Updated, Looks like digiK-oz stats now has the points per position also :)

DC Vault Summary

Hmm, We are 2nd last in OGR28, When that is added to the vault we will be behind a few thousand points... Well, Unless the points are combined with ogr-27?

Oh well, not sure if FreeDC stats are accurate then...

FreeDC Rank 21 of 22 teams. 865pts with 435pts per position.

Where OGR28 has us at
OGR28 Rank 179 of 284 teams. 3697pts with 35.21pts per position.

Oh well, not sure if FreeDC stats are accurate then...

FreeDC Rank 21 of 22 teams. 865pts with 435pts per position.

Where OGR28 has us at
OGR28 Rank 179 of 284 teams. 3697pts with 35.21pts per position.

Yeah the FreeDC stats have never seemed to be accurate for RC5-72 and OGR-2x projects. Most other stats on the site a great though.

Some news that could mean good or bad news depending on your outlook.

http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5256

Per Alex the admin:

From today 5 Jul 2014 we are closing doors to NEW members.

For those who have already joined project it continues! Cool

Details in private DCP LLP forum:

http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5251

What this means for this forum is that the project is now officially in violation of the DC-Vault rules and will most likely be pulled at some time. Discussion will be brought up in the DC-Vault forums. I have already brought it up to the admins and am waiting on their discussion.

What happened with MindMolding did they give up on importing the stats or just decide not to include it, It see Digik-oz was able to import them so I am assuming he is using a diffrent method of import. http://digik-oz.nl/DcStats.aspx They are in the dropdown window there and current. ?

What happened with MindMolding did they give up on importing the stats or just decide not to include it, It see Digik-oz was able to import them so I am assuming he is using a diffrent method of import. http://digik-oz.nl/DcStats.aspx They are in the dropdown window there and current. ?

Grandpa, I believe the issue is access to the data and the admin is taking his sweet time getting back to us. The normal location for the stats is giving us access denied...

Hmm I guess Digik-oz must be importing them from Free-DC or somwhere other than MindMoling site. Perhaps he could ask Digik-oz where he is getting them from, they appear to be accurate.

I see that RNA and CPDN have been removed. Hopefully we can get the technical issues resolved for OGR-28 and Mind Modeling.

I jumped on the primaboinca bandwagon yesterday, it's such a target rich environment for some mowing.

I use "BoincTasks" to monitor all my clients. I saw it had a new notice today:
"primaboinca: Notice from server: This project doesn't support computers of type x86_64-pc-linux-gnu". I've noticed huge "deferred" times on many of my clients, but other clients have picked up work and processed it. These clients are also type x86_64-pc-linux-gnu so I'm not sure why they're able to get work.

The POGS challenge starts tomorrow. This is the one from BOINCStats that I am able to add us to. It is point based and work that was completed in advance but validates during the event still count and any work that is done but does not validate during the time frame isn't. I just wanted to give people the heads up in case they were interested.

Bunkering is a pretty common tactic. At this point in time, that tactic is probably too late to make effective. However, getting work units going now can still be helpful.

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/565

Seventeen or Bust has an updated client.

New features in Version 28.5 of prime95.exe
-------------------------------------------

1) Changed the output to the worker windows during LL and PRP tests. The new output includes
the estimated time to complete the test. There are two new options described in undoc.txt:
ClassicOutput and OutputRoundoff.

2) Added some new options described in undoc.txt: ScaleOutputFrequency, TitleOutputFrequency,
and SilentVictoryPRP.

3) Benchmarking on hyperthreaded machines now times only the most common cases. Specifically,
hyperthreading is used only in the one cpu and all cpu cases.

4) Benchmarking trial factoring is now off by default. Prime95 should not be used for trial
factoring. GPUs are about 100 times more efficient at that task.

5) On multi-core machines, benchmarks are now run on multiple workers. This measures the effect
of memory bandwidth during testing and helps you select the setup that gives you the most throughput.

6) There are many new options described in undoc.txt to customize the benchmarking process.

7) In build 2, added a preference to bypass some of Mac OS X Mavericks' power saving features.

@Grandpa

One of your 64 thread Intel boxes is having problems with errors in Constellation. Project computer 91955 is the culprit.

@Grandpa

One of your 64 thread Intel boxes is having problems with errors in Constellation. Project computer 91955 is the culprit.

As it turns out several of them did (all of the Intels) the AMD rigs were not affected and they are all tied to a network error which booted me from from freenode they all had the same timestamp in the boinc event log as the network error.

[12:09] [ERROR] Connection to irc://freenode/ (irc://chat.freenode.net/) reset. [Help] Reconnecting in 15 seconds. [Cancel]

Needless to say none of the Intel rigs are assighned to Constellation any more evidentley there is something that the Intel rigs network interface and Constellation do not play so nice together at. :(

Making excellent progress in the vault. Up to #6!

Keep it up and crunch on!!!!!

Up to #6? Yahoo!

Constellation and primaboinca were really, really good to us today.

Wow, great job on primabonica everyone. 870K points today was good enough for top team of the day in that project. Second place was ... 156K. :D

Crunch on!

I think we have the MindModeling stats export issue figured out. So, keep an eye out for it's addition.

If you had a few ASICS, you could blow past him in total points in a matter of a week or two... BitcoinUtopia is causing a bit of a stir. But that doesn't effect the DC-Vault. :)

And less than 2K out of fourth place... I think it's in reach before the end of the year!

Primaboinca is the motherload! :D I've pointed the majority of my resources in that direction.

Primaboinca is the motherload! :D I've pointed the majority of my resources in that direction.

Good thing you can because both Constellation and Primebotica do not appriciate my ISP's daily connection drops, both of those projects appear to get computational errors if the internet connection is nonexistent when they try to connect to their home servers. If I have a dropped connection when they try to upload to there respective servers every running task will error. :(

Good thing you can because both Constellation and Primebotica do not appriciate my ISP's daily connection drops, both of those projects appear to get computational errors if the internet connection is nonexistent when they try to connect to their home servers. If I have a dropped connection when they try to upload to there respective servers every running task will error.
I know WCG had a problem in the past with WIFI and Linux connections. I don't know if it is a project thing or a BOINC issue in general. You may want to post in the BOINC forums and let them know since they relay a good majority of it straight to the developers.

Edit: This thread indicates a BOINC vs. Linux issue and has been certainly going on a while.
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=9393#54634

Last edited:
Thanks Gilthanis I reported it in that thread, I had already reported it on the Constellation message boards so maybe between the two places they will figure something out.

Back