DC Vault 2

Agreed. Production will fall really short if DooKey is down. Anyone else and we could have it covered...

Looks like Majestic-12 was pulled tonight. I'm also going to pull it from the all inclusive list since it does not accept new members.

I got another dual core laptop borged last night. I know it isn't a lot of production, but every little bit adds up. :)

We also dropped 5 spots in Miscellaneous category because of the removal of Majestic-12.

I'm in the process of switching my hardware to crunching constellation@home. There appears to be an opportunity to gain several places rather quickly and snag a handful of vault points. :D

I'm in the process of switching my hardware to crunching constellation@home. There appears to be an opportunity to gain several places rather quickly and snag a handful of vault points. :D

Well not real fast but reasonabbly fast I have 112 AMD cores running on it and I get on avg about 55K PPD

Isn't PrimaBoinca still the "primo" place to gain vault points? It appears that at our current run-rate, we can gain 8 spots in <10 days. Each spot is worth 22.84 vault points (182 points).

Constellation gives about 16 points per spot. We can gain about 9 spots in 9 days (144 points).

I guess what I'm saying is let's not give up on PrimaBoinca. :D

Hey, we actually moved up in SETI a little bit... Sorry, trying to get a million before switching... OCD thing I guess.

And I believe you're right, PrimeBoinca is the current project that can gain us the most. Especially since the workunits are relatively small and such.

So, nothing has been decided about August's push yet. Are we still thinking of raising our standing in the Bio/Medical category or are we just looking at over all point gain in general?

Edit: We have 2 challenges in August as well. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1822815 Neither are bio/medical.

However, something to keep in mind, is if you are interested in the SETI challenge in August, you could run your GPU's while using the CPU's elsewhere. Just food for thought.

Personally I think Primbotica is the place to be until we get the easier points done, unfortunately with my dropping internet problem, I can not run it because it error's out when the connection drops so I have to run other projects. I would say run Primbotica then either Constlation or Numberfields. When we get those easier points then go to the medical probably next month.
Unfortunatley we do not know what Mindmolding is doing yet.

The problem with Mind Modeling is that they can't keep the dang stats open. https://mindmodeling.org/stats/ They will get that opened up and then you turn around and it is closed again. I don't know how the Vault's programming is set up, but Rusty implies that the folder needs to have permissions set for everyone to access. I know that if you type in the manual link for the file you need, it still works, but I doubt he wants to manually download them each update. Also, like I said, it may be how the site is programmed. The original programmer is no longer a part of the DC-Vault.

I got a reply from NRG about the delay...

Hi Coleslaw,

As I posted in the News sections, unfortunately it is out of my control at the moment but it is in the hands of technicians. We don't have our own technician working for us as technicians deserve the whole University. I asked many times to the tech and the first estimate I had given you was a fair one considering we had told me.
The project won't be up until an extra 2 weeks as I am going in vacation starting from next week and that no one else in my team can set up the BOINC project and maintain it.
Trust me, I would really like to give you an exact date but I won't because I don't want to disrespect it again :)

I will keep you in touch.

OK, I've built up a big backlog of constellation units to make me happy, so I'm transitioning back to Primeboinka.

I'm in favor of a push in the Biomedical category.

So a couple votes for Bio/Medical next month. Plus there is a SIMAP challenge the first week. Any other votes on what we do as a team? Pushes work best when everyone is onboard. ;)

Participating in the SIMAP challenge would be a nice way to kick off a biomedical push.

If we just want to focus a push for the sake of Science, then I have no problem with that.

If we want to focus the push on Vault points, this won't do much of anything. Even if we get to #1 in all five projects that aren't F@H, we'd only gain 760 points total, and we're currently over 1,200 away from moving up to 4th place overall. If we do Biomedical, MalariaControl & Poem are each about 1/3 of the total points available - so those would be the two to hit hardest...

All that said, I'm about 375K points away from an even 5M in Poem, so that will be my focus if we do hit Biomedical... If only they'd get the GPU working! :mad:

Jathanis, IIRC the original proposition was to improve our position in the Bio/Medical category since it was our lowest standing section.

Hmm is DC Vault broken we moved up in several places today but nonoe of them are showing.

PRIMBOTICA up 3 spots
Constelations up 1 spot
Numberfields up 1 spot

Just those 3 = 111.5 points and there are probabbly more

Hmm is DC Vault broken we moved up in several places today but nonoe of them are showing.

PRIMBOTICA up 3 spots
Constelations up 1 spot
Numberfields up 1 spot

Just those 3 = 111.5 points and there are probabbly more

I asked Rusty about this last night but have not yet received an answer on what got broke... :confused:

So Simap and POEM then? I was going to give POEM a try, to get to a personal goal of 5 million.

Well...if we do Bio/Medical, MalariaControl is currently down and I'm not sure why. So, can't make a decision based on anything else there. Rosetta is our lowest standing, but the point return for the amount of resources invested is pretty low as well. SIMAP is just a fan favorite, but if you really want to look at the long term, it shouldn't probably be bothered with at all because it will finish by end of the year and any efforts would be wasted....

POEM is harder to tell based on points. I know I'm crippled via GPU since I have multiple in a box and that isn't playing nice right now. I haven't bothered setting up an app_config for it. If someone has some app_configs for multiple GPU rigs they would care to share, please do so. However, without a very large point push, we wont move very far. Also, POEM GPU work isn't a steady stream yet. So, don't count on it to keep the GPU's happy.

GPUGrid would be nice if they could sustain work. They keep running out...

So, as you can see why this category tends to be our weakest. Rosetta would have enough work, but I don't know if many would want to put in such effort. I personally still want to do SIMAP because of my own personal goal, so I will leave the official decision to popular vote. GPU's could be both GPU capable projects for all I care. :)

Last edited:
I'm still interested in crunching SIMAP for the challenge and after that I'm not so sure about which biomedical projects to participate in after that. Working in the medical field makes me a bit biased toward those kind of projects.

On a side note, I was checking on how the 4P was doing with primalboinka and there were a bunch of Computational Errors reported. :( I rebooted the rig and resumed crunching. Hopefully I won't see any more errors when I check it after work today.

Last edited:
I see what you mean with POEM, if we pull all our resources together, we could gain maybe two spots quickly, but that's about it. It wouldn't amount to much. SIMAP on the other hand, is a good prospect. And we could likely do really well at the challenge. I vote for SIMAP.

Oh, QCN doesn't even like my MacBook for some reason, though the hours do keep piling up! No points yet though.

I see what you mean with POEM, if we pull all our resources together, we could gain maybe two spots quickly, but that's about it. It wouldn't amount to much. SIMAP on the other hand, is a good prospect. And we could likely do really well at the challenge. I vote for SIMAP.

Oh, QCN doesn't even like my MacBook for some reason, though the hours do keep piling up! No points yet though.

Though QCN is off topic, I will try and explain why you wont see points yet. They actually have to run a script to give users credit and they only do so every so often. You may even have some work units that say failed that earn points. This is just because there is no easy way to validate the work units. So, you will get points in spurts. At least that is how I have seen it done.

brilong is just destroying probionic;)
As I type this the team scored 2,491,800 with brilong getting 2,179,000 out of the total. No other team is even close to his production . :)

The real top 5 for today is
brilong [H]
Boinc Synergy
Sicituradastra
Dookey [H]
tjmagneto [H]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know it's called Primaboinca

Though QCN is off topic, I will try and explain why you wont see points yet. They actually have to run a script to give users credit and they only do so every so often. You may even have some work units that say failed that earn points. This is just because there is no easy way to validate the work units. So, you will get points in spurts. At least that is how I have seen it done.

I'm not sure if this directly correlates to the actual stats, but Free-DC only shows an update every seven days for me, and it just hit today - so if it's not showing up on this update, it may take up to antoher week to show up.

I'm not sure if this directly correlates to the actual stats, but Free-DC only shows an update every seven days for me, and it just hit today - so if it's not showing up on this update, it may take up to antoher week to show up.

You may want to go to this thread http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?33304-Stats-Issues and report that, it should be updating daily. I was having a problem with DC stats the other day and reported it there and Bok fixed it in just a few hrs. It was a crashed user table and he had it fixed in no time at all. ;)

The QCN stats are only ran once a week. So it is not a Free-DC issue.

I have a feeling DC Vault is still messed up since they show us down 1 point in NumberFields, we have been running almost dubble any other teams production we should be going up in points not down. :(

I guess I'll have to ask if anyone knows how to make this work. I'm attempting to connect my Moo! stats to RC5-72 but if I click email my password I don't receive any emails. I'm not sure why but my user account shows up at moowrapper.net. Not sure if that is normal or if something is setup wrong with emails. (Guessing it's trying to send an email to moowrapper.net)

http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=8&id=499802

Back