Dayton subwoofer experiences

zachary80

2[H]4U
I like mine. I dunno though, I play games. Now when I jump in the tank I get that nice down home rumbling feeling. I noticed they were on sale too. I paid parts express full price but they ran a shipping special on anything > $100. So, I couldnt help but bite. I bought it because of the several who sugested it. So I'd say people like them. I got the 10"... and these prices are right around what several 8 inchers cost of lower quality.

Hey son what's that big ass box the fed ex man brought?
Subwoofer.
Oh, just great. :rolleyes:

:p

Can you tell whether it is more of a cleaner or a boomier bass?

The 12" seems to be a newer model than the 10" and I haven't found someone with much experience with it

Here is a thread with relaively good info on the 10"

I'm also interested in anyone's experiences with the subwoofer, especially in comparison with some PC subs. Seems like it's a great entry level subwoofer.

Dayton is easily better than MTX. MTX is a sloppy bass car subwoofer company liked by 16 year olds just getting into car audio. Though their car amps are pretty good.

I know that Dayton speakers have a large fan base.

Maybe broaden your search while waiting for [H] replies? (google etc)

I have the 10". Easily the tightest subwoofer of its price class (in terms of home theater subwoofers). I have never owned top of the line logi/klipsch multimedia speakers, but according to other people, the dayton should be a bit louder and alot cleaner. Nobody has confirmed anything good yet about the 12". If I were looking for a sub, I'd go for the 10" That said, I dont use it anymore, since I almost exclusively use headphones. I'm in queens, new york if anyone wants to buy and pickup.

What worries me about the 10" is the lowend extension that should be better with the 12"

I started using google as soon as I first posted the thread and have not learned much since. Like I already said the 12" seems to be new so the information is sparse and the 10" seems to be fairly highly regarded.

Zach:

The reason that the tuning point might not be as low could be due to Dayton aiming for more dB's, rather than lower bass. Room gain will certainly help compensate for the high f3 point I would think, assuming you don't have an auditorium for a room.

Back