Daylight Saving Time Ends Tonight

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Joined
May 9, 2000
Messages
75,399
DST comes twice a year and confuses a lot people each time, year after year. Well, it’s that time of year again, so try to remember fall back and spring ahead and you’ll do well. This time around, you will gain an hour of sleep if you are on a schedule and if not, you will just feel weird for several days. Enjoy :D

So at 2 AM Sunday morning, or whenever you go to bed Saturday night, turn your clocks back by an hour. It's also recommended that you replace your smoke alarm batteries twice a year, and the twice-a-year time change is a convenient time to remind yourself to do that.
 
Last edited:
I thought we were gaining an hour of sleep? still throws me off, but fall back means at 2AM it becomes 1AM, right?
 
Pretty sure we gain an hour of sleep (i.e. you're sleeping through 1am twice).
 
wait, that's tonight?

seriously, I have to be somewhere at 10am sharp, so someone help me out.
 
The night night clubs will shut an hour earlier and in the spring they *never* open for an extra hour :/

Any - Fall back and spring *forward* is my way.
 
I remember my co-workers telling another co-worker to be sure to update his clock so that he doesn't arrive to work an hour early..

and so, based on that.. I should be setting my clock...

backwards by 1 hour. :X
 
Best thing to do is go ahead and set your clocks back an hour right now so you don't forget. :cool:

adjusting all one's time pieces is sooooooooo unnecessary - stopped going thru all that useless hooha somewhere deep in the last millennium - this way, at least once a year I am already there - 'sides, my dogs don't care what time it is when they want out
 
appreciated.

Yes, and if it's phone or computer time, most likely these devices will handle daylight-savings-to-standard-time automatically so you don't have to worry over it. Alarm clocks, watches, and other electrical/wind-up clocks not connected to a network of some kind will have to be set back an hour manually, though (of course.)
 
I remember my co-workers telling another co-worker to be sure to update his clock so that he doesn't arrive to work an hour early..

and so, based on that.. I should be setting my clock...

backwards by 1 hour. :X

I did that 2 years in a row, totally sucked. Making sure I get my extra hr of sleep since I work tomorrow.
 
Great.. This means I get to deal with the drunk idiots for an extra hour tonight. Maybe I could talk my boss into paying me over time for the extra hour.
 
Great.. This means I get to deal with the drunk idiots for an extra hour tonight. Maybe I could talk my boss into paying me over time for the extra hour.

If you're working an extra hour.. get the extra hour's pay. I work tonight and I'm getting paid 13, not 12.
 
I can never remember if it's "spring back, fall out" or "spring out, fall over".
 
Now remember Arizona to... Oh wait. Looks like I don't get to do anything fun.
 
Not for me it doesn't. I get an hour overtime because management screwed up.

Well I'm still getting paid for 13 hours... but turning 12 into 13 with a 1 hour commute each way just sucks. I'm usually feeling pretty gone by the time I pull into the driveway, now I'm gonna be feeling pretty gone by the time I'm pulling out of the parking lot here. :(
 
FYI--1 yr-olds don't respect the 'extra hour of sleep' thing.

At least she'll watch YouTube while I type. *yawn*
 
FYI--1 yr-olds don't respect the 'extra hour of sleep' thing.

At least she'll watch YouTube while I type. *yawn*

dog woke me up at 7. well, the dog woke her up and then she woke me up to take the dog out. damn dog.
 
Glad my clocks are automatically setup to the new DST times. Besides I normally use my cell phone as my alarm clock anyhow.
 
I'd like to see an end to the following:

  • Daylight savings time
  • Base-12 time (replace it with a day divided into 1000 metric minutes and ten metric hours)
  • Time zones
These are all antiquated and don't have any use in a global society. I guess you could argue energy savings on daylight savings time, but if you're getting rid of timezones, that won't matter.
 
Are metric seconds the same and the non metric seconds? because that would piss off lots of people
 
As theres like 84600 I dont think they can be. Youd have to make each second like 15.7% quicker

Plus a year is never going to be metric.
 
I can never remember if it's "spring back, fall out" or "spring out, fall over".

You only have to remember to go either "back" or "forward" an hour. So the general phrase is "fall back, spring forward" Pretty catchy to remember and doesn't make much sense if said "fall forward, spring back."
 
Just waiting for the next MS patch to fix issues with Outlook that always seem to happen...
 
Back
Top