Darksiders 2!

All those are free as well. Granted you pre-ordered. Only ones you can't get are 6-8 which are the exclusives. They will probably give them all out eventually.. usually they are just timed.

And all the weapon DLC has sucked so far.

The scythe you get from the season pass is pretty good. It's not over powered but it is better than anything at that point. Same with the Maker's armor you get from said season pass. The Facebook Axe isn't bad either. They're all low level weapons which I think is the best way to do it. It would suck if they were the best weapons in the game.

The game itself is great so far. I really liked the first one and everything I've seen so far makes me like this one just as much. The graphics are good enough I suppose, the art style makes up for not having zOMG teh best grafix eva! My only real complaint about the graphics themselves are some of the shitty textures, blocky shadows, and unless there's a direct light on the character there isn't a shadow. The game play is like a mix of some great titles like Prince of Persia, Soul Reaver, Legend of Zelda, and God of War. I just dig the content. It's pretty metal. \m/

i-k5WN7bb-X3.jpg

Having said that the DLC stuff is a bunch of crap. I'm sick of shit like that. After that PC article about Darksiders 2 being a triumph of PC gaming right before release and then getting the game and seeing the menu and the options is a punch to the dick. I'm not one to cry consolitis cuz I don't give a shit, a good game is a good game but the low res menu items is just bad bad bad. It's just a copy and paste from the 720p console rendering.

picard-facepalm.jpg

^^ You busted my H-scroll. A bit overkill there on the size. ;)

Now that I've spent more time playing today I'm past the annoyance I had with some of the missing menu features.

This game kicks a lot of ass. The more I play, the more impressed I get. It's huge, gorgeous, some incredible art direction, fun gameplay, gorgeous music, tons to do. Vigil's promises as far as the game itself have definitely been fulfilled. This is a hell of a game. KBM feels just fine. Camera hasn't been a problem unless I put myself up in a weird corner somewhere but then that can happen in a lot of games.

The Skyrim FXAA Injector, for me, put the thing over the top visually.

I don't miss the menus after using that. That's well worth everyone experimenting with. Just make sure you use Preset 1 and you probably won't be fiddling much.

Great game!

Pfft, THQSledgehammer. I've read enough crap from him and the other THQ PR guys after the Space Marine launch. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but he's just online community damage control when shit doesn't work and the community starts (rightfully) bitching about it.

Lots of promises, lots of excuses, lots of "we're aware of the problem, we're working on it", then lots of ignoring the problem meanwhile problems remain and they keep pumping out DLC when they haven't bothered fixing the problems with the main game. THQ has lost any faith I might have had in them, it's a shame they own studios and licences developing games and franchises I actually enjoy and want to support.

Well I guess I'll be getting this one on PS3 then.

Is the game really so bad on PC that the console version is better? It just seems a bit backward, "The PC version is too consolised, therefore I will play the console version!" :p

I'm struggling to think of any game that was actually worse on PC than it would have been on console. Maybe TFU2 because it had some performance issues that kept it pegged at 30fps in game but still had tearing in cutscenes, but I never played the actual console version, it could have been even worse, lol.

Is the game really so bad on PC that the console version is better? It just seems a bit backward, "The PC version is too consolised, therefore I will play the console version!" :p

I'm struggling to think of any game that was actually worse on PC than it would have been on console. Maybe TFU2 because it had some performance issues that kept it pegged at 30fps in game but still had tearing in cutscenes, but I never played the actual console version, it could have been even worse, lol.

lol *cough* gears of war

The PC version is still the way to go. There's legit annoyance for some missing menus but overall the game itself still shines on the PC.

lol *cough* gears of war

LOL, true to an extent, mostly the game breaking fact you could lose all your game data. I luckily never did and it was a good experience for me on PC. It did have some graphics issues, but when I discovered it was because the game would shit itself as soon as you ran out of VRAM I just turned down the textures and I'm pretty sure it was still a better experience than it would have been had I played it on 360 if for no other reason than I was playing at 1680x1050 and after figuring out the texture problem it was silky smooth (granted if you lost your save data I could see it being less of an experience :p).

The PC version is still the way to go. There's legit annoyance for some missing menus but overall the game itself still shines on the PC.

Yeah that's basically what I meant. Sure, it's bad that it's a shit port and PC gamers should be rightfully upset about it, but is it really so bad of a port than the console version is better? That's such a rare thing to have the PC version being so incredibly bad that it's worse than the low res, low fps vomit fest of console gaming :p

The other THQ game that gave me the shits last year, Space Marine, was IMO a terrible port because it carried across certain console "features" that made the PC version a pain in the arse... but I'd still rather play the PC version than the shitty console version :D

Yeah that's basically what I meant. Sure, it's bad that it's a shit port and PC gamers should be rightfully upset about it, but is it really so bad of a port than the console version is better? That's such a rare thing to have the PC version being so incredibly bad that it's worse than the low res, low fps vomit fest of console gaming :p

Exactly.

I don't know if I'd call it a "shit port" as much as I'd call it a "bare bones" port.

At least I'm getting a lot more than 720p and 30fps on this unlike at least one certain other game that got ported to the PC recently but that's ok and would make a whiny elitist if I said anything remotely critical about that title. ;)

I'd have rather them taken another 6 months to put that over the top but that's just me.

The other THQ game that gave me the shits last year, Space Marine, was IMO a terrible port because it carried across certain console "features" that made the PC version a pain in the arse... but I'd still rather play the PC version than the shitty console version :D

That game ended up pretty well, though.

I bought it on Steam sale a few months ago and had a good time with it. It had menus, features, KBM felt good...I didn't have any complaints. So at least that thing got support.

I wish tihey' dfix that vsync bug.

You either turn vsync on, and get a TOn of stuttering (you have to force it on via your video card control panel, in game option doesn't turn it on) or you leave it off and get terrible screen tearing (especially in tight area's like dungeons).

That + the camera being annoying is the main reason why I'm enjoying Sleeping dogs more at the moment.

I'm playing it and holding off for the first ds2 patch.

That game ended up pretty well, though.

I bought it on Steam sale a few months ago and had a good time with it. It had menus, features, KBM felt good...I didn't have any complaints. So at least that thing got support.

If you only played it offline I'd agree. The multiplayer match making system was terrible. It was P2P, which was terrible because P2P sucks balls at the best of times, but then the actual system for choosing a game and then choosing a host were so terrible I absolutely hated it and also I'm sure it was trying to send too much data for P2P, because I've played other P2P games which weren't nearly as terrible but I think the upload speed required of the host for Space Marine was too great compared to what a lot of people actually had (especially in Australia... but it's not like other P2P games don't work infinitely better even in Australia so I'm pretty sure it was a design flaw). Which was a shame because I really loved the game, both MP and SP and spent about 70 or so hours in the game according to Steam.

I'm pretty sure they still haven't "fixed" multiplayer, initially they said they were fixing it then after a while just started ignoring the complaints.

Last edited:
I wish tihey' dfix that vsync bug.

You either turn vsync on, and get a TOn of stuttering (you have to force it on via your video card control panel, in game option doesn't turn it on) or you leave it off and get terrible screen tearing (especially in tight area's like dungeons).

That + the camera being annoying is the main reason why I'm enjoying Sleeping dogs more at the moment.

I'm playing it and holding off for the first ds2 patch.

Actually the stuttering problem with vsync on does not affect everyone. Like every other bug in this game it seems pretty random on who will run into it. Personally I haven't run into a single bug yet (besides in-game vsync being broken, but that's a given).

Actually the stuttering problem with vsync on does not affect everyone. Like every other bug in this game it seems pretty random on who will run into it. Personally I haven't run into a single bug yet (besides in-game vsync being broken, but that's a given).

So far *knocks on wood* I'm in good shape as well.

I'm pretty sure they still haven't "fixed" multiplayer, initially they said they were fixing it then after a while just started ignoring the complaints.

Yeah, MP is a mess.

Finally got a chance to play last night and I’m loving it despite all the undelivered promises. I definitely don’t regret the purchase, worth every penny:D

On a side note I can't seem to get any forced AA or antistropic filtering to work. Going to try that skyrim FXAA injecter thing.

If you didn't already realize the stark similarities to Legacy of Kain from the first game then there's not much point in bringing it up now. I never could figure out why people were comparing it to any other game.

Idea's are built from idea's. Do you honestly think someone just randomly makes things up? No..

Idea's are built from idea's. Do you honestly think someone just randomly makes things up? No..

Indeed. Playing both games you can easily tell what influenced them and what elements from games they used, they've admitted to it too. They managed to use those elements to create two great games.

Why are people surprised Death is derived from somewhere else? I mean the entire Darksiders/Darksiders 2 games are derived from a bunch of games and doesn't even try to hide it.

And you know what? Who gives a fuck, the games are fantastic.

I don't, no. I also loved the first game and love the second so far but it doesn't mean that both aren't dangerously close to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

Ughhh. So during cutscenes when there's some dialog going on, sometimes it won't play some of the lines. Yet I clearly see there mouths still moving. I've even turned subtitles on and they don't pop up when the audio should be playing. It's forced me to look up that section in a video walkthrough. This is like the 5th or 6th time I've noticed. Anyone having the same issue?

Ughhh. So during cutscenes when there's some dialog going on, sometimes it won't play some of the lines. Yet I clearly see there mouths still moving. I've even turned subtitles on and they don't pop up when the audio should be playing. It's forced me to look up that section in a video walkthrough. This is like the 5th or 6th time I've noticed. Anyone having the same issue?

I haven't noticed it happening yet. Might wanna look on the official forums and see if anyone has any suggestions.

I haven't had that issue, but the bug that's driving me crazy is the Reaper Form gauge won't charge. At all. So I got to use it once. That's it.

I don't, no. I also loved the first game and love the second so far but it doesn't mean that both aren't dangerously close to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

That's not a bad thing either, considering there hasn't been a Soul Reaver game in almost a decade.

No one said it wasn't.. But know this.. no idea is original. Everyone was inspired from something.

The fuck do you have against Vigil? Why do you automatically jump to "rip off"? Things don't have to be 100% original you know.

Because there isn't one shred of originality to either Darksiders game. It is wholly built on other people's creativity without any of its own.

I do not understand how people are so tolerant of this. There is "you don't have to reinvent the wheel" borrowing of ideas and then there is complete fucking creative bankruptcy.

It's also a bit sad how quickly everyone has gone into Buyer's Regret Mode around here after Vigil's false advertising over the PC version's advertised graphics features.

Oh my god. That is what creativity is.

This is the weakest attempt at an argument I have seen all week...but running with your logic, I suppose this is fine as well? I mean why not?

Last edited:
Because there isn't one shred of originality to either Darksiders game. It is wholly built on other people's creativity without any of its own.

I do not understand how people are so tolerant of this. There is "you don't have to reinvent the wheel" borrowing of ideas and then there is complete fucking creative bankruptcy.

It's also a bit sad how quickly everyone has gone into Buyer's Regret Mode around here after Vigil's false advertising over the PC version's advertised graphics features.

Because most people only care if a game is FUN. You know the whole god damn point of playing a game! It's not like they took ideas and slapped them together quickly, cheaply, and poorly. They took ideas from games they clearly care a lot about and crafted them together into an excellent game. Where ever the concepts came from they had to make them fit together and work. If you really think making a good game shouldn't be complimented I wonder what the hell you are doing playing them in the first place.

I absolutely loved the Legacy of Kain series, and LoK: Defiance is still one of my all time favorites. That said, Darksiders is more than just a rip off. It combines gameplay elements that it totally didn't invent, true, but the story is interesting, the art design is PHENOMENAL, and the overall game package is well done...aside from the obnoxious pc port issues.

Think of it this way...Neil Gaiman doesn't write much that's truly original, but he does an amazing job at retelling elements of old stories in interesting ways. Same deal here.

darksiders may not have the creativity to come up with different aspects, but I don't think there are many games that have drawn off so many different hits (zelda, god of war, a few others), and combine them together in something that not only makes sense but works well together.

that's why it's a good game, and definitely was worth my money :)

The fuck do you have against Vigil? Why do you automatically jump to "rip off"? Things don't have to be 100% original you know.

If we really want to get anal and overly philisophical: How much out there is "100 percent original" anyways if we really want to get down to it?

Haters gonna hate. Screw 'em.

The game's a blast.

Im enjoying it very much at the moment. The opening level in the snow and ice doesnt do it justice. It looks somewhat better after that. The game plays great though. Currently on the Tears of the Mountain mission.

Im enjoying it very much at the moment. The opening level in the snow and ice doesn't do it justice.

Agreed. The game starts out there and I was like: "Hmmmmm...."

It looks somewhat better after that. The game plays great though. Currently on the Tears of the Mountain mission.

Definitely opens up and things start looking and opening a lot better for sure. Big time.

For anyone on Nvidia hardware that's having issues with stutter - a fix has been posted on the Steam forums.
You just need to force vsync in the Nvidia control panel and use the frame limiter in MSI Afterburner. It's not in the Afterburner-proper program, but in the On-Screen Display Server applet that comes with it. FYI - Afterburner works with any hardware, not just MSI...

Darksiders is one of those few oddball programs that has a default maximum FPS that's an oddball number, and it doesn't jive with some hardware. Some other people have reported that running it in a window and D3DOverrider can also work.

This doesn't suddenly make the game look any better, but it's at least playable now.

Back