Darksiders 2!

I'm going to hope this one runs better than the first on Nvidia hardware.
On my older 5870, it ran as smooth as glass. On a GTS250, GTX570, and GTX580 (with different processor configs) it has been oddly spazzy.

I'm going to hope this one runs better than the first on Nvidia hardware.
On my older 5870, it ran as smooth as glass. On a GTS250, GTX570, and GTX580 (with different processor configs) it has been oddly spazzy.

The first Darksiders runs just fine on my GTX 670. Maybe you could define spazzy.

New trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dxK_N5HQk

Also new trailer showing off the crucible (arena) mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-waVoHN5wQ

It sounds awesome. Basically it's a mode you get after doing the first area of the game or so and you can take on waves of enemies. There's up to 100 waves of enemies. After 5 waves you can choose to leave the crucible and receive a gift, or you can keep going and get better gifts (as the higher waves give better rewards). Hoewver if you lose you leave with no gift and nothing gained.

Also incorrectly noted in the IGN video, you do NOT gain experience in this mode, it was said on the official forums by a THQ dev that you do not (as that would obviously lead to people grinding out and get high lv characters and balance issues).

Also they recently announced that for people that played DS1, if you played the game you will get an in-game armor piece if you played the game. If you beat the game you will also get a set of new scythes that increase dmg/crit stats early on too.

The first Darksiders runs just fine on my GTX 670. Maybe you could define spazzy.

Choppy camera movement. Almost like frame skipping in spite of pulling a borderline limitless number of FPS.

Don't forget it is a Steamworks game so regardless of where you buy it you'll need to Steam to run it.
You can preorder it from greenmangaming for $37.50 right now using the 25% off coupon code promo they have for it on their site.

I'll wait for a GOTY version with all the DLC for 5.00. There are about six DLC packs registered so far, so, yeah.

The reviews are looking really promising for this game... I think I may have to bite early on (a rarity for me :p)

AWESOME new trailer detailing how gear/loot works and what you can do with it, there seems to be a TON of weapons/armor and other thing sin this game, not to mention how "possessed" weapons work (you feed them other weapons which lv them up and influence what +stats they get).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cXSP6Mixo&feature=player_embedded

Only 5 more days to go.

They really beefed up the "RPG like" features to this game. Everything looks and sounds great from top to bottom on this as far as I'm concerned.

Just pre-ordered my copy from get games for $37.99. I received my activation code for steam immediately. Pre-installing now!

Article said:
Remember the game “Shadow of the Colossus”? Remember how many people said a sequel with modern graphics would be amazing? This is that sequel. There are bosses that are hundreds of times bigger than Death. You have to figure out how to scale them, find their weak points, do things, climb, jump, use your abilities and special weapons, and use the environment in the right combination to take them down. Taking down a massive behemoth that’s half a mile tall is tremendously satisfying.

:eek:
This game releases on a Tuesday, I won't be able to play until Friday afternoon if I cave in and preorder... I mentioned that there are at least 6 DLC registered for this game, but THQ gives you 3 for free if you preorder...

:eek:
This game releases on a Tuesday, I won't be able to play until Friday afternoon if I cave in and preorder... I mentioned that there are at least 6 DLC registered for this game, but THQ gives you 3 for free if you preorder...

I havent seen 3 mentioned anywhere, just the first one. Taken from the steam pre-order page:

Pre-purchase The Darksiders II now and receive the Darksiders II “Arguls Tomb” expansion, the first DLC pack, when it becomes available after launch. The Argul’s Tomb content pack will offer extra gameplay content, including a whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience.

Plus, all users that Pre-Purchase will receive 2 exclusive weapons - the Skeletal Axe of Rending and Dark Talons.

I preordered direct from them. The season pass was gold for me on Saints Row 3 and it will be again here, too.
I've been reading that you can't preload the game when ordering from THQ, because they are late delivering the keys. Are you having this problem?

THQ store page showing 30, 60, and 90 day DLC packs for free with preorder:
http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_US/pd/Darksiders®_II/productID.241232700/categoryId.57907600

How much is the US pricing for that pre-order. The Australian price is $64.95, which isn't too bad.....but I need to weigh that up against the fact that I can get the main game and first DLC for $40. How much are the subsequent DLC's likely to cost.

Edit: $50 for US residents, so we get ripped off to the tune of $15....god I despise these scum bag publishers.

Last edited:
I've been reading that you can't preload the game when ordering from THQ, because they are late delivering the keys. Are you having this problem?

I didn't on SR3. Haven't seen anything yet for this. For SR3 I got an email that let me go into the account and download or something or simply take the keys to Steam and do it from there. Couldn't have been easier.

Ahh, THQ and their shitty DLC and arse about preorder bonuses, hopefully they don't make it too painful like they have with some of their other games.

I think I'm going wait on this game. I'm still trying to clear my backlog and I've also picked up a new hobby, so I'm in no hurry.

And region pricing bullshit.
Yeah, I got it through GMG when they had a preorder deal, figuring there was no way I'd be able to get it in Oz for the same price within the first few months of release. Though it still pisses me off the way THQ do their preorders and DLC.

Of course as it turns out I'm in the US at the moment anyway. Everything is dirt cheap over here, not just games, lol. Cars, fuel, booze, my goodness the booze is so cheap. If I just wanted to become a homeless drunk I could just retire now, back in Oz that's something you have to aspire to because it's too costly of a life style :p
I think I'm going wait on this game. I'm still trying to clear my backlog and I've also picked up a new hobby, so I'm in no hurry.

Hookers and blow is not a hobby! :p

Ahh, THQ and their shitty DLC and arse about preorder bonuses, hopefully they don't make it too painful like they have with some of their other games.

$50 goes a LONG ways here doing it this way.

How much is the US pricing for that pre-order. The Australian price is $64.95, which isn't too bad.....but I need to weigh that up against the fact that I can get the main game and first DLC for $40. How much are the subsequent DLC's likely to cost.

Edit: $50 for US residents, so we get ripped off to the tune of $15....god I despise these scum bag publishers.

Most games are 60$ in US. Not sure why DS2 is only 50$. But w/e I will take it.

Also I preordered the game during black Friday for 25$ from THQ. Im happy :)

Digital River says they will release the codes for Darksiders II, Argul DLC, and Season Pass on the 14th. Guess it doesn't matter to me as my internet is pretty fast, but I thought you'll like to know.

Oh that's for people that ordered straight from THQ.com.

Digital River is terrible, I am NEVER ordering anything from any company that uses them. They seem to ALWAYS have problems getting shipments on time, providing proper tracking, etc.

I ordered a PC CE version from THQ and not only did I get an email saying it was shipped on the 3rd, the tracking # is fubar, it doesn't work on usps and on the link provided it shows 4 seperate packages (one coming to my city, so I assume that's mine) but all of them aren't updated and haven't been since the 3rd, sitting in Lino Lakes MN.

Emailed them days ago to see what's up and they said I should just wait til 14 days from then.

Digital River says they will release the codes for Darksiders II, Argul DLC, and Season Pass on the 14th. Guess it doesn't matter to me as my internet is pretty fast, but I thought you'll like to know.

9PM PST tonight according to the community manager.

Digital River is terrible, I am NEVER ordering anything from any company that uses them. They seem to ALWAYS have problems getting shipments on time, providing proper tracking, etc.

I ordered a PC CE version from THQ and not only did I get an email saying it was shipped on the 3rd, the tracking # is fubar, it doesn't work on usps and on the link provided it shows 4 seperate packages (one coming to my city, so I assume that's mine) but all of them aren't updated and haven't been since the 3rd, sitting in Lino Lakes MN.

Emailed them days ago to see what's up and they said I should just wait til 14 days from then.

USPS tracking is horrible so don't count on that. As for it being stuck in Minnesota that seems to be a common thing. People have had it arrive while it still says it's in Minnesota so don't trust that at all.

Bunch more stuff in this topic: http://community.darksiders.com/go/...312935/Post_if_you_receive_your_package_today!

yea I know, I posted in that thread :p.

It just seems to be a common problem with Digital river, some tracking numbers work/update some don't, shipping is late, most people haven't received the game today. Some people that ordered late got their shiping bumped to UPS 3 day for free, etc.

^^
9PM PST tonight according to the community manager.

Excellent. :)

3 mins 55 secs until Darksider II finishes downloading.

Now to find the XBOX 360 controller. Come to me precious...

Got my THQ code.. Entered into steam.. Started downloading.. Steam goes down.

LOVE ME SOME ONLINE DRM.

Back