Dark Souls is on Steam

It is highly integral to the experience.
You will use it a lot, on purpose. I believe the game is going to feel very different from DS. The new covenants, the stat changes, dual welding w/ combos, torches, losing life bar, etc, etc.
From has got to give me that PC release date!

I can't believe I'm jealous of consoles players... This is absurd.

God I hope I can avoid buying it on console. I hope PC is within 2 weeks.

Sorry, i meant how the bosses can side-jump. They don't do a roll, they hop sideways and are able to attack again. Is that a move that the player can perform in Dark Souls?

Not exactly. If you use the "lock-on" feature for combat, you can basically perform a side roll.

Anyone getting the Collector's Edition on here? I have never paid extra for a Collector's Edition but I am considering making this my first.

I was.
Till Bamco canceled the physical release of the PC version in America....
Now I'm jealous of Europe.

Jealous of Europe and console players... What has happened here?

This is completely absurd.

I'm going to go play more DS...:mad:

I was.
Till Bamco canceled the physical release of the PC version in America....
Now I'm jealous of Europe.

Jealous of Europe and console players... What has happened here?

This is completely absurd.

I'm going to go play more DS...:mad:

Wait, they actually canceled physical releases here? Wtf?

it hasn't been cancelled...I don't think it has been established that the NA version will not offer a Collector's Edition...I personally think they will...it has not been officially announced yet because the PC version does not a have a release date...when it does I bet we do see it...probably won't be as cool as the Japanese version with the replica sword/shield etc but I'm sure we'll get one

it hasn't been cancelled...I don't think it has been established that the NA version will not offer a Collector's Edition...I personally think they will...it has not been officially announced yet because the PC version does not a have a release date...when it does I bet we do see it...probably won't be as cool as the Japanese version with the replica sword/shield etc but I'm sure we'll get one

Europe:
POv3HzK.png

NA:
xApqqwP.jpg

Run a search on amazon, game code and nothing else.
It even comes out here first... How sad.

OH
You didn't know? yeeeeeaaah........

I guess it would be more accurate to say, it was never offered here...

Bamco strikes again...:confused: :(
I didn't know this, either. I guess they don't want my money? I would have been willing to actually double-dip on the Collector's Edition on both PC and PS3. But guess what, Bamco? Now I'm going to wait for a deep discount on Steam to get the PC version. Good job!

So my buddy and I were playing some last night. We had this invader wearing a pumpink helmet or something. All he'd do was taunt us, then he proceeded to one-shot backstab the both of us one after another. Totally not fun to have our co-op interrupted with this nonsense. I hit him once, and barely did any damage. WTF is this nonsense!!?

So my buddy and I were playing some last night. We had this invader wearing a pumpink helmet or something. All he'd do was taunt us, then he proceeded to one-shot backstab the both of us one after another. Totally not fun to have our co-op interrupted with this nonsense. I hit him once, and barely did any damage. WTF is this nonsense!!?

u mad? kekekeke

u mad? kekekeke

ganking always makes me mad. a guy with farmed out gear who purposefully kept his level low should not be able to invade us, as we have zero chance at beating him. Nevermind the fact that I was trying to teach my buddy how to fight.

ganking always makes me mad. a guy with farmed out gear who purposefully kept his level low should not be able to invade us, as we have zero chance at beating him. Nevermind the fact that I was trying to teach my buddy how to fight.

Yea. I wouldn't get too frustrated, though. For every ganker, there are 10 legit guys who just want some fun pvp. You and your buddy will get to the point where you'll get some sweet, sweet revenge on those ganker types.

Yea. I wouldn't get too frustrated, though. For every ganker, there are 10 legit guys who just want some fun pvp. You and your buddy will get to the point where you'll get some sweet, sweet revenge on those ganker types.

I hope so. I suppose we didn't get invaded again, but it's just a stupid way to lose humanity.

PC release of DSII is April 25th.

I will now eat my foot for defending their previous PR statements of no later than end of March.

Well, at least we have a date. I'm in no rush personally, as i'm still probably only 1/2 done with Dark Souls.

Well, at least we have a date. I'm in no rush personally, as i'm still probably only 1/2 done with Dark Souls.

I feel the same way right now. I was late to the party on Dark Souls and still have lots of hours of enjoyment out of it before I will be ready for Dark Souls 2. For me no matter what the PC release date is I probablly wont get it until at least a month after.

Amazon is now offering a $5 digital game credit with pre-order of DSII PC.

Combine that with the $5 off DSII credits they handed out a few months ago for purchasing DS1 from Amazon----and you've got a pretty warm deal!

Hold up. Namco is still saying saying its unannounced, despite the fact that several decent sites have reported the date

I haven't seen any 'decent' sites report that April 25th date...was probably just another rumor...an earlier one had the game coming out on May 31st

still hope for a March release :cool:

With all that said, since this thread is in the PC gaming forum; I'd appreciate if anyone with the console version refrains from posting spoilers until the PC version hits shelves! Danke.

Stupid siliconera. This just had to happen, to make this wait even worse.
And we get a fake ad to boot. A Tshirt? WTF.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the validity of that ad.

The ad is for the European version as evidenced by the word "Amour" (sic)
"Armour" is spelled incorrectly here despite being correctly spelled for the previous ads.
Europeans were already getting the better (imo) collector's edition with the statuette instead of the t-shirt.
Why make a second collector's edition for them? Unless they've already ran out of the figurines?

The date could still end up being correct, but the ad itself seems fishy. It's also right in the middle of the two extremes for when the game will release on PC; sometime in March according to http://darksouls.jp/pc/ and May 31 according to Amazon.

Looks like Day 1 purchase on the 360 and then Steam sale next summer for DS2 may be the way to go.

You can get a T-Shirt if you order from Namco's site. That's been going for a couple of weeks.

That is not what I'm talking about.
There is a fake ad for the PC NA version with a tshirt as the Collectors edition "bonus", instead of the big figurine.
There is no physical(as of now, i hope it changes) release happening on PC in NA

That is not what I'm talking about.
There is a fake ad for the PC NA version with a tshirt as the Collectors edition "bonus", instead of the big figurine.
There is no physical(as of now, i hope it changes) release happening on PC in NA

If that ad was intended for NA the faker forgot that we spell it "Armor" and also could've saved some time by cropping out that part from the previous ads where the work was already done, spelled correctly, and localized correctly.

Also, I too hope we get a physical/collector's release as well. Probably won't since the same thing happened with Dark Souls. Europe got one that came with a mouse (rather ironic) and some other trinkets while North America only got a digital release.

less then 2 weeks from release and From is still not releasing a date for the PC version??...they've been saying they will announce it 'very soon' for the past 2 weeks :( :cool:

less then 2 weeks from release and From is still not releasing a date for the PC version??...they've been saying they will announce it 'very soon' for the past 2 weeks :( :cool:

They actually just recently came out on twitter or some shit and said there's no PC release date as of yet. So take everything out there with a grain of salt. Ive already pre ordered for the PS3 but here's hoping the PC release is sooner rather than later. Without there being a date even set yet, I kind of think there initial "only a few weeks after console release" is going to be rubbish.

They actually just recently came out on twitter or some shit and said there's no PC release date as of yet. So take everything out there with a grain of salt. Ive already pre ordered for the PS3 but here's hoping the PC release is sooner rather than later. Without there being a date even set yet, I kind of think there initial "only a few weeks after console release" is going to be rubbish.

maybe they're waiting till late March to announce the official PC date (April 25th) so as to make the wait seem less...I thought they were building the game on PC first and porting over to consoles this time?...the delay makes no sense

Back