DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Hi Dan
I want to ask. how much space remains for the power connectors

16.jpg

pcb1.jpg

About thoose pci power connectors, i dont know where i found this (maybe in this thread), but i think they deserve a look...

I mean... LOOK AT THIS!!!

p1010962j4lo.jpg

p10109842t5h.jpg

90pciesteckeryzrvf.jpg

Link: [Guide] How-to Thread für einen abgewinkelten PCIe Stecker

In that link you can see a DYO way to make a regular pci connector, to an angled one, and LOOKING CLEAN...

the site is in german, but the pictures are self explanatory...

PD: all the credits to the creator and webpage and blah blah blah...

About thoose pci power connectors, i dont know where i found this (maybe in this thread), but i think they deserve a look...

I mean... LOOK AT THIS!!!

p1010962j4lo.jpg

p10109842t5h.jpg

90pciesteckeryzrvf.jpg

Link: [Guide] How-to Thread für einen abgewinkelten PCIe Stecker

In that link you can see a DYO way to make a regular pci connector, to an angled one, and LOOKING CLEAN...

the site is in german, but the pictures are self explanatory...

PD: all the credits to the creator and webpage and blah blah blah...

So beautiful!

I am back from my hollidays and I have some great news for you.

Now it is official, the A4-SFX will be available in future! Caseking Germany and Overclockers UK become official reseller partner of DAN Cases UG (haftungsbeschränkt). Caseking will do the shipment in Europe and Overclockers UK for the rest of the world. The A4-SFX will be available after I shiped all Kickstarter orders.

reseller3xyudr.jpg

(I can't post links because I'm new)

Linus mentions Dan A4-SFX in new video "Console Killer? More like Console SMASHER!" at 3:25:

"At a mere 5.8 liters, it is smaller than the Dan Case A4-SFX by about 20%"

Kind of an ignorant comment, you're stuck with their hardware. A raspberry pi is also smaller than a dan case and you similarly can't change hardware.

Linus mentions Dan A4-SFX in new video "Console Killer? More like Console SMASHER!" at 3:25:

Kind of an ignorant comment, you're stuck with their hardware. A raspberry pi is also smaller than a dan case and you similarly can't change hardware.
But it is a powerfull system with water cooling which is impressive I must say. And he points those negative points out at the end. Let's hope for a widespread adoption of MXM GPUs and we could easily end up with something smaller than even Dan's first idea with an external power brick.
That A4 video is coming close I think :)

Two power bricks? No thanks at all.

Agreed. It's easy to make something smaller when using custom motherboard/graphics card and external power supply, but the dan case uses off the shelf components with everything inside the case ;).

Right! The whole advantage of the A4 is being able to use off the shelf components, and thus the most powerful GPUs on the market, like the Pascal Titan X, and have the power supply in the case.

They're different types of products for different types of consumer.

Bingo. 7,25L for a fully enclosed system and 5,8L plus power bricks where desk space is super limited but you can put bricks somewhere else.

Exactly. It's just like all the cases being designed here on this very forum. Yeah some are smaller than the A4, that doesn't make them better, and I don't think Linus was trying to say it was better than the A4. He was just emphasizing how small it is by comparing it to something we know to be tiny, not directly comparing their value.

Now it is official, the A4-SFX will be available in future! Caseking Germany and Overclockers UK become official reseller partner of DAN Cases UG (haftungsbeschränkt). Caseking will do the shipment in Europe and Overclockers UK for the rest of the world. The A4-SFX will be available after I shiped all Kickstarter orders.

Great to hear!

reseller3xyudr.jpg
Will it be a revised version or the same one Kickstarter backers will receive?

How much is this going to cost, and which is the best CPU cooler for this case? I'm guessing either the C7 or AR-05?

How much is this going to cost, and which is the best CPU cooler for this case? I'm guessing either the C7 or AR-05?

Assuming you're just late to the party, I'd get the C7 every day and twice on Sunday. I am personally concerned that the heatpipes on the AR cooler will interfere with a board component and force it to be used in a non-ideal orientation. The C7 seems to me not to have any obvious fitment issues.

Assuming you're just late to the party, I'd get the C7 every day and twice on Sunday. I am personally concerned that the heatpipes on the AR cooler will interfere with a board component and force it to be used in a non-ideal orientation. The C7 seems to me not to have any obvious fitment issues.
What about the price of the case? Has it been announced yet? If it's under the price of the NCase, I'll be set.

That's a 2.5 slot cooler AND it's too long. I really wish people would just look at the numbers before asking this question.

Actually, The Sapphire Fury X will fit inside Dan A4. The dimensions listing on Newegg is wrong. According to the specs on Sapphire website, its length is 300mm. Dan A4 is compatible with cards up to 303mm in length as confirmed by Dan. It's never wrong to ask anything.

Exactly. It's just like all the cases being designed here on this very forum. Yeah some are smaller than the A4, that doesn't make them better, and I don't think Linus was trying to say it was better than the A4. He was just emphasizing how small it is by comparing it to something we know to be tiny, not directly comparing their value.
Actually, The Sapphire Fury X will fit inside Dan A4. The dimensions listing on Newegg is wrong. According to the specs on Sapphire website, its length is 300mm. Dan A4 is compatible with cards up to 303mm in length as confirmed by Dan. It's never wrong to ask anything.

You forgot that the R9 Fury exists. The Fury Aircoolers are WAY to big for this case.

Final? Or is this just the Kickstarter price?

You should expect the higher price than Kickstarter price since you have to add up profits for resellers. Additionally, people would get mad if they have to pay premium for their early support.

You should expect the higher price than Kickstarter price since you have to add up profits for resellers. Additionally, people would get mad if they have to pay premium for their early support.
None of your points make any sense... They are not reselling this, it is going straight from their website, and have you heard of an early adopters tax? Nothing new. On the LTT forum, Dan said around $200-$230.

Back