Cyberpunk 2077

I tried the cascaded shadows resolution on my 2080ti @ 4k. Made no noticeable difference with Raytracing enabled. Either it doesn't matter when using raytracing shadows, or it's only a setting that helps out cards limited on VRAM/bandwidth.

Purchased on GoG to support these guys. They are likely the only devs/publishers left that don't shit on their customers.

My experience with DLSS, tis crap.
DLSS off, notice the clearer image, and detail in the background buildings:
DE0274AA-38CF-4E62-A12A-546D2F9C6A5C.jpeg

dlss on, notice the fuzz and loss of background detail.
9F15DEDE-AAA5-4B25-80ED-C7798B84CA58.jpeg

What setting? There is almost no difference when using DLSS Quality from what i've seen.

My experience with DLSS, tis crap.
DLSS off, notice the clearer image, and detail in the background buildings:
View attachment 307675

dlss on, notice the fuzz and loss of background detail.
View attachment 307676

That seems a little more noticeable than it is on Control. (which is also definitely noticeable especially when no motion is occurring) In motion, I notice it less. It's still obviously there, but IMO being able to max out other graphical settings, and taking the fuzziness hit is somewhat reasonable. Not perfect, and definitely something my brain nitpicks a bit whether I want it to or not :D I think it very much depends on the game as to whether it bothers me or not. For Cyberpunk, I have no idea yet. I only got as far as setting up all my options, and then had to do other things last night. Hopefully I'll have some time today to actually play it. Definitely interested to play with these settings.

What setting? There is almost no difference when using DLSS Quality from what i've seen.
that is 'quality' right there.

That seems a little more noticeable than it is on Control. (which is also definitely noticeable especially when no motion is occurring) In motion, I notice it less. It's still obviously there, but IMO being able to max out other graphical settings, and taking the fuzziness hit is somewhat reasonable. Not perfect, and definitely something my brain nitpicks a bit whether I want it to or not :D I think it very much depends on the game as to whether it bothers me or not. For Cyberpunk, I have no idea yet. I only got as far as setting up all my options, and then had to do other things last night. Hopefully I'll have some time today to actually play it.

Its pretty rough, I had the same mirror issue that FrgMstr had above.

DLSS is good in theory but IMO its not quite there. The only games I've tried it on so far are COD BOCW and Cyberpunk 2077. BOCW looks rough with it on, Cyberpunk looks noticeable less sharp with it in Quality Mode.

DLSS is good in theory but IMO its not quite there. The only games I've tried it on so far are COD BOCW and Cyberpunk 2077. BOCW looks rough with it on, Cyberpunk looks noticeable less sharp with it in Quality Mode.
IMO it doesn't look any worse than most typical temporal AA techniques, but at least you get the massive performance boost.

Been tweaking HDR the last 30mins it looks great once it's dialed in.

Currently using:
Nit Peak: 980
Curve: .75
Paperwhite: 80

on my Acer X27, both HDR options look decent with this, if anyone has any advice on improving it, feel free to post, it would be appreciated. Because my settings could be way off to someone who has someone with more knowledge.

I've tried it across the board except for Youngblood (I played that once on a free play co-op and decided it was boring and gave it a pass). Only Control seems to work well, and even then I think Native is better if you can get the FPS needed. That is the critical reality, FPS needed and DLSS does give you FPS, it just isn't for free and it does not look better than turning it off.

So far enjoying the game, will take the DLSS discussion to the DLSS thread.

I am starting to get the feeling that some people are justifying buying Nvidia with the DLSS circle jerking going on.

From what I have seen, DLSS makes the game look worse over all in CP2077 and somehow thats a good thing because more frames suppsoedly?

Currently using:

on my Acer X27, both HDR options look decent with this, if anyone has any advice on improving it, feel free to post, it would be appreciated. Because my settings could be way off to someone who has someone with more knowledge.
I left it at the defaults it came with, and they already matched perfectly. X27 is closer to between 1000-1100 peak nits for most panels as well FYI.

I am starting to get the feeling that some people are justifying buying Nvidia with the DLSS circle jerking going on.

From what I have seen, DLSS makes the game look worse over all in CP2077 and somehow thats a good thing because more frames suppsoedly?
It lets my two year old 2080ti play the game at 4k with the RT medium preset with what is essentially a TAA like blur.

Yes, that's a good thing to me, personally.

Well frames are important, depends on what you are going for. I disagree completely with the 'it looks just as good or better' crowd.

I need it in CP2077 or I get 30-50fps without Raytracing on my 3440/1440, but if I could get the FPS without it, I'd turn it off and never look back.

I am around 4 hrs in and have not experienced any bugs or issues with the game. besides the poor driving mechanics.

Well frames are important, depends on what you are going for. I disagree completely with the 'it looks just as good or better' crowd.

I need it in CP2077 or I get 30-50fps without Raytracing on my 3440/1440, but if I could get the FPS without it, I'd turn it off and never look back.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't look better, and it looks slightly less than "as good as". That said, it still looks pretty good where I've seen it. (considering) It's definitely a tradeoff, but framerates are important to me with most types of games. I want as much of the candy-type effects as I can get with 60 or 120 frames per second, and I'm occasionally willing to sacrifice some of the pure image quality settings to get that.

Isn't that how most graphical settings work? It's always a trade-off of quality vs performance. The question with DLSS is does it provide better quality than dropping down to a lower resolution? If it lets you play 4k at higher frames while looking better than a non-native resolution like 1440p then it is worth it in my mind. I'll give it a shot when I play the game tonight.

Currently using:

On my TV the actual game looks good with the defaults, but the little display image you're supposed to configure always looks excessively bright or too dark. It looks overly bright until I take things down to around 400...yet at that point it looks way too dark. There' no middle ground. The actual game looks good with the defaults, though. Between 900 and 1100 is what every other game looks best with.

I am around 4 hrs in and have not experienced any bugs or issues with the game. besides the poor driving mechanics.
I haven't had any bugs yet, but I have weird texture issues, flickering objects and clothing, models magically vanishing, but that is about all.

I can't tell if its *all meant to be that way because cyberpunk/glitchinthemachine/etc or not, but it is completely noticable.

2080 Super @ 3440x1440, High Preset, RT off, DLSS Quality mode and I'm happy for now. I have a framerate cap of 90 and inside it's usually sitting on that. Certain times outside it can drop to the mid 50's but its not too bad with G-Sync.

I'm not crying about it, game still looks great.

I haven't had any bugs yet, but I have weird texture issues, flickering objects and clothing, models magically vanishing, but that is about all.

I can't tell if its *all meant to be that way because cyberpunk/glitchinthemachine/etc or not, but it is completely noticable.
I will say they need to work on the texture streaming / LOD more. There will be times when driving around that certain textures just fail to load to their higher res format. Yet i'm being told the game is only using like 8.2GB of VRAM max @ 4k when my 2080ti could support another 2GB of textures easy.

Someone plz explain to taco. What advantage does penis give you vs vagina? (In game I mean..)🙄
Nd what's all the fascination with penises?
Nothing. It’s just stupid cosmetic BS to appease a certain crowd. You don’t even have to set it if you don’t want.

As for why people are fascinated? People have had penis envy for hundreds of thousands of years.

In case anyone is wondering about performance
[email protected], 3070, 1440p
settings maxed except no hdr, film grain(lol?) or motion blur gets me about 26fps average with min, 1% and .1% not much lower.

EDIT: lol. lol. in car, in third person, 7fps. Walking around and stuff like 20.

So best buckle up.

Last edited:
In case anyone is wondering about performance
[email protected], 3070, 1440p
settings maxed except no hdr, film grain(lol?) or motion blur gets me about 26fps average with min, 1% and .1% not much lower.

So best buckle up.

RTX enabled I'm assuming...pretty bad performance at 1440p for a 3070...I wonder if next-gen cards are what is needed to run this game...I'm actually glad I haven't picked up a 3080 yet...I doubt a 3080 Ti with 20GB VRAM will make much difference

I really wonder how some shit made it to the final game.

Dodge near an NPC and they shit their pants in terror, screaming.

Anybody else getting The Pick UP mission bug where you have to meet Jackie but that guy keeps pushing you and won't let you in?

Apparently, you have to load an earlier save and let Jackie walk out first otherwise you're fucked. I couldn't find an earlier save.

Starting all over again.

Anyone confirm that Cascaded Shadows Resolution going from High to Medium boosts FPS? I won't be able to test until tomorrow, maybe Hardware Unboxed guide will be out by then. Not that I'm worried about perf on 3080, but that I'm too lazy to experiment with settings.

Anyone confirm that Cascaded Shadows Resolution going from High to Medium boosts FPS? I won't be able to test until tomorrow.
Responded earlier, did absolutely nothing on my 2080ti.

Anyone confirm that Cascaded Shadows Resolution going from High to Medium boosts FPS? I won't be able to test until tomorrow.

Testing this tonight. It's on the front page of the subreddit today and i saw it this morning.

Anyone confirm that Cascaded Shadows Resolution going from High to Medium boosts FPS? I won't be able to test until tomorrow, maybe Hardware Unboxed guide will be out by then. Not that I'm worried about perf on 3080, but that I'm too lazy experiment with settings.
It boosts fps by a bit, exactly as you'd expect going from high to medium. It's not some panacea that's going to double your fps.

I'm downloading, but part of me thinks I should wait till I have better specs and the bugs are fixed

Anyone confirm that Cascaded Shadows Resolution going from High to Medium boosts FPS? I won't be able to test until tomorrow, maybe Hardware Unboxed guide will be out by then. Not that I'm worried about perf on 3080, but that I'm too lazy to experiment with settings.

It helped me and I'm on a 3090. It didn't double my FPS, but it took a framerate that was in the mid 50's and pushed it close to 60.

I'm downloading, but part of me thinks I should wait till I have better specs and the bugs are fixed
Homie, this thing absolutely reams my system in the ass sometimes. I'm honestly tempted to just play when I finish my new system, and maybe it'll have another patch out by then that fixes some jank.

Dips to 40 fps at 1080p on an overclocked 6700k & GTX 1080 is a bit of a yikes from me. I want to play, but it kind of takes me out of the game when it happens because it feels like ass at that point.

I have a 2070s - and I'm running this game quite well @ 1440p

RT on you'll hit some issues on the 2070s (like mid 30's) but with out it you shouldn't be dipping below mid 50's any where. I'm hitting up to 100 during inside missions, 55 to 70 on dense areas.

FFS, how could they not have tested SUBTITLES?!?!?! If you have subtitles off, you won't be able to understand any of the non-English dialogue, which is critical to the fucking story. You have to go back into the options and turn subtitles back on. I am gobsmacked that they didn't at the very least ensure non-English dialogue was automatically subtitled, or at least give an additional option (although it really shouldn't even be an option since the non-English dialogue in this is actually plot-critical, not just "flavor" as in some other games.)

There's also a bug when you have subtitles turned off where subtitles sometimes appear anyway and they literally will stick on the screen (both pop-ups and cinematics) until you go into the options and toggle them on and off again. Seriously how in the fuck in 8 years was such a basic thing not caught?

Back