Cyberpunk 2077

Seems to be tons of physics bugs based on videos on the net; did anyone not have the person hovering in the road in the first 5 minutes of the game? Kinda glad I'm not motivated to play it yet (need video card!), by the time I do get motivated, hopefully they'll have a buncha stuff ironed out.

So far, I have not seen any hovering persons after about 4 or so hours of gameplay.

I get about 50-60 fps at 1440p with a 5600x 32gb ram and a 2080 super. I haven't had time to play with rt or dlss much. I have rt on ultra and dlss at quality. Probably going to turn them off. I want to get above 60 and hopefully up to 85 hz which is my monitors refresh. Game is fun. Certainly had tons of replay value.

So with this game, am I competing with other players? Or is this strictly me playing a character against a city of computer players?

There's just so much to do, within just the first 4 hours even. The world just sucks you in, bugs and all.

It's also incredibly satisfying running around with a katana and pistol. Can't wait until CDPR irons out the janks because I can see myself coming back to this repeatedly, just like Witcher 3.
Definitely - I'm starting to just say "not right now" with the influx of missions coming in and just picking a corner/spot of the map and finishing the side quests. Lot of money to made with those I'm finding.

Anyone else looting absolutely everything? The amount of loot you can hold is actually quite impressive(and with the perks and additional carry bonuses you get early on, it's almost a no brainier to loot all items at this point).I don't think I've filled up yet either. I'll dismantle the guns/gear if they're lower quality and then sell the food items(there's just an abundant of them to where you don't need excess on you). Either way, I'm sticking with blue or higher clothing and weapons and then trashing the rest.

Anyone else looting absolutely everything? The amount of loot you can hold is actually quite impressive(and with the perks and additional carry bonuses you get early on, it's almost a no brainier to loot all items at this point).I don't think I've filled up yet either. I'll dismantle the guns/gear if they're lower quality and then sell the food items(there's just an abundant of them to where you don't need excess on you). Either way, I'm sticking with blue or higher clothing and weapons and then trashing the rest.
After the 30th pack of cards I figured I would stop picking up anything 'junk' related. It's extremely convenient they place so many vending machines around the city just to offload the shit.

Early on I’m actually having a little trouble getting into it. Feel like it just threw me in too quickly and is making me do too much. Really hated that part where you have to basically play a video back and forth to find clues or whatever. Hope all this Watch Dogs stuff isn’t forced throughout the game.

I’ll definitely keep at it though, took a minute for tw3 to latch but once it did it was a hell of a ride.

Definitely - I'm starting to just say "not right now" with the influx of missions coming in and just picking a corner/spot of the map and finishing the side quests. Lot of money to made with those I'm finding.

After the 30th pack of cards I figured I would stop picking up anything 'junk' related. It's extremely convenient they place so many vending machines around the city just to offload the shit.

One of the first things I did was the perk for auto-dismantling junk, saved me a ton of time.

Early on I’m actually having a little trouble getting into it. Feel like it just threw me in too quickly and is making me do too much. Really hated that part where you have to basically play a video back and forth to find clues or whatever. Hope all this Watch Dogs stuff isn’t forced throughout the game.

I’ll definitely keep at it though, took a minute for tw3 to latch but once it did it was a hell of a ride.

See I absolutely LOVED that first brain dance you do, cannot wait for more of that mechanic.

This game is absolutely crushing my 2080 Ti. Playing at 3440x1440 ultrawide and I only average 35-40 fps with ultra everything, RTX disabled, DLSS quality. I ended up changing DLSS to balanced and applying a sharpening filter in NVCP as recommended on reddit. Looks pretty good now. Still can't hit 60 fps unless I go DLSS ultra performance.

I'm also still convinced that this game has a hardware utilization issue. HWMonitor is showing 100% usage, but why are my temps and fan speeds so low?

This game is absolutely crushing my 2080 Ti. Playing at 3440x1440 ultrawide and I only average 35-40 fps with ultra everything, RTX disabled, DLSS quality. I ended up changing DLSS to balanced and applying a sharpening filter in NVCP as recommended on reddit. Looks pretty good now. Still can't hit 60 fps unless I go DLSS ultra performance.

I'm also still convinced that this game has a hardware utilization issue. HWMonitor is showing 100% usage, but why are my temps and fan speeds so low?
That's odd... my card is definitely maxed out, but my performance lines up with yours (taking into account I don't have the extra pixels of an ultrawide to drive)

Can't hide mouse in photomode :bigtears:

10 hours played, bugs I've encountered is T-Posing NPC in Lizzies a floating Cigarette at some food stand, nothing else yet. An NPC did fall from a building but not sure if it was a suicidal NPC or a bug. Having a great time so far.

I saw someone recommending Hardware-Accelerated GPU scheduling on reddit, I haven't personally tested it but has anyone tested it on and off here to see if theres any difference? I play with it off and haven't really encountered any performance issues. I may test it out myself though.

Last edited:
My fans are going wide open most of the time. Definitely my GPU, but my CPU fires up here and there as well. At least in my case, ray tracing is a major reason. When playing around with settings, those seem to be the ones that get things going. With RTX off (or certain aspects turned off or set low) my frames skyrocket and fans get quiet.

Can't hide mouse in photomode :bigtears:

10 hours played, bugs I've encountered is T-Posing NPC in Lizzies a floating Cigarette at some food stand, nothing else yet. An NPC did fall from a building but not sure if it was a suicidal NPC or a bug. Having a great time so far.

I saw someone recommending Hardware-Accelerated GPU scheduling on reddit, I haven't personally tested it but has anyone tested it on and off here to see if theres any difference? I play with it off and haven't really encountered any performance issues. I may test it out myself though.
Last time I checked, HAGS really doesn't do much except on lower end hardware

Last time I checked, HAGS really doesn't do much except on lower end hardware
I just tested with it enabled and I think it created problems, disabling it now. If anyone has this enabled you may want to test it off if you haven't.

Bought it. Played it for 90min, and refunded. Will play again in a few months after some patches and GPUs get restocked.

Overall, it was "okay." Trying not to judge too much in it's current state.

well it helps to know what problems you're referring to. ?
Frametimes were not stable. Also did notice an RayTraced puddle pop-in while driving over it, haven't had that happen prior, but that might have nothing to do with it.

Edit: Just reran the sequence with it off where I tested it on and didn't have the pop-in issue and my frametimes were more stable. Going to retest with HAGS on and see if it was a fluke though.
Edit2: Reran the sequence again about 5 times with HAGS on and it was fine this time and my minimum fps was higher than with it off (52 minimum with it off, 55 minimum with it on). Seems like a tossup at this point. Not going to do any thorough testing on it because I want to just play the game. Going to leave it on for now and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 GPU Benchmark, 1080p, 1440p & 4K Medium/Ultra

I'm only a couple hours into the game, I just got to my apartment. but so far the numbers in that video are identical to what I'm seeing with my 2070 super and he's using a 10700k. so looks like my old 7700k isn't bottlenecking me yet. at 1440p I'm getting 60-80 fps with the medium preset.

still I feel like the devs have some explaining to do, according to the system requirements a 2060 should be able to run ultra settings at 1440p. a 2060 gets 34 fps at those settings, and a 2070 super gets 44. do they really think thats playable? I thought system requirements were supposed to be based off getting 60 fps.

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

Last edited:
I'm only a couple hours into the game, I just got to my apartment. but so far the numbers in that video are identical to what I'm seeing with my 2070 super and he's using a 10700k. so looks like my old 7700k isn't bottlenecking me yet. at 1440p I'm getting 60-80 fps with the medium preset.

in the video he mentions that the Medium preset doesn't look all that different to Ultra...is that your experience as well?

does anyone know what quick hack components are for? whenever you hack one of those hubs where you have to find the correct sequence, you get a bunch of those in various qualities but so far, i havent really had any use for them?

does anyone know what quick hack components are for? whenever you hack one of those hubs where you have to find the correct sequence, you get a bunch of those in various qualities but so far, i havent really had any use for them?

Likely used for crafting new quickhacks or upgrading the ones you find/buy but I haven't gotten into that yet.

in the video he mentions that the Medium preset doesn't look all that different to Ultra...is that your experience as well?

I haven't done a ton of comparisons, but I spent about 30 minutes playing around with settings last night. Both in the Street Kid starting club area and the Outdoor areas for the Nomad. I feel like the lighting effects and ray tracing are the biggest difference makers for the visuals. Taking normal settings from Ultra to High or even Medium doesn't make that big of a difference unless you know exactly what to look for and it's a big deal to you. I have a feeling that once the settings comparison videos hit we'll see more of that.

I haven't done a ton of comparisons, but I spent about 30 minutes playing around with settings last night. Both in the Street Kid starting club area and the Outdoor areas for the Nomad. I feel like the lighting effects and ray tracing are the biggest difference makers for the visuals. Taking normal settings from Ultra to High or even Medium doesn't make that big of a difference unless you know exactly what to look for and it's a big deal to you. I have a feeling that once the settings comparison videos hit we'll see more of that.
DF's settings/performance analysis should be pretty good.

Ran into my first more serious bugs last night. Game crashed on reload of save. Happened repeatedly and even after a reboot. I went back to previous saves and learned that approx 15 minutes worth of manual and auto saves all caused the game up crash. Further back, saves loaded fine. I did not mind the lost gameplay since I’m in a “how would this play out differently” frame of mind right now, so no huge worries, but under any other circumstance this would have had me halfway to putting down the game.

agreed. I can see the difference between medium and ultra but you have to look for the changes. its not night and day.

Also, I just tried out dlss for the first time ever on the quality setting. I went from 70 fps to 100 on the medium preset. and 45 fps to 75 with the ultra preset. I'm impressed. my cpu usage went from 75% with dlss off to 95% with it on. I'll have to see if that causes problems during gameplay.

here are some comparison screenshots:

Attachments

• medium dlss off.png
    medium dlss off.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • medium dlss on quality.png
    medium dlss on quality.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • ultra dlss off.png
    ultra dlss off.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • ultra dlss on quality.png
    ultra dlss on quality.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Better yet is how effective they are to recycle. The future is green.

At least one of my guns is built out of dismantled soda cans, ketchup packets, shoes, and playing cards.
Yeah the disassembly components you get don't really seem to make a lot of sense.

Likewise, if you are going to disassemble guns of the same rarity, you may as well just do the cheapest ones, because they're all the same amount of crafting components.

agreed. I can see the difference between medium and ultra but you have to look for the changes. its not night and day.

Also, I just tried out dlss for the first time ever on the quality setting. I went from 70 fps to 100 on the medium preset. and 45 fps to 75 with the ultra preset. I'm impressed. my cpu usage went from 75% with dlss off to 95% with it on. I'll have to see if that causes problems during gameplay.

here are some comparison screenshots:

medium preset dlss off:
medium preset dlss on quality:
ultra preset dlss off:
ultra preset dlss on quality:

This is also what I found, DLSS quality with Ultra settings has been my perfect sweet spot. It has been the only way I can even play at 4k with good framerates.

I will say though anything other than Quality DLSS looks so freakin terrible to me.

This is also what I found, DLSS quality with Ultra settings has been my perfect sweet spot. It has been the only way I can even play at 4k with good framerates.

I will say though anything other than Quality DLSS looks so freakin terrible to me.

At 1440p Ultrawide on my 2080 Super I'm finding this to also be my sweet spot. You're right, I tried the other DLSS modes and it just looks bad.

I refuse to deal with sub-60 FPS (it's 2020 and this is a PC game), so some of those ultra settings simply aren't an option. I'm willing to take some occasional visual hits to keep things running smoothly.

Everything I've read about the game makes it seem like it cold use another 6-12 months of work, seems like a lot of features were cut, there's a lot of bugs, and the AI is really bad. That's kind of disappointing, considering how good RDR 2's AI is, I was expecting this to come close to matching it that. I'll probably try and hold off until the first couple patches come out and then give it a run. Plenty of other games to play in the mean while.

Back