Cube World

He just released more teasers. :)

5.png

still not hopefully.....its been over 5 years since the last update and I am done waiting. Hopefully it comes one day as a nice surprise.

He has been posting screenshots for the last 5 years. I understand that he wants to have it be "complete" before releasing anything, but...that's not really how it works at this point. People paid for your game already and you've given them nothing for YEARS.

If something eventually does come out I'll try it, but I have zero hype for this game anymore.

I keep getting this game and Trove mixed up. They are so similar. I own cube world too, totally forgot about it. I honestly do not know how they are different.

I keep getting this game and Trove mixed up. They are so similar. I own cube world too, totally forgot about it. I honestly do not know how they are different.

I forgot I bought it a while ago. Intrigued by this.

Cube World doesn't have you mine/dig blocks except to find ores in the caves. You don't collect the blocks as materials, just the ores. Cube World is more old school action RPG but in a sandbox world that is randomly generated. Trove is entirely multiplayer as far as I know? I played in the alpha briefly but they released it to the public wayyy too early.

My opinion - at this point, until there is a release, none of this means anything. He's posted screenshots on and off for years with nothing to actually release.

Just noticed I said almost the exact same thing in January - guess my opinion hasn't changed.

Literally no actual updates to this game for years, and now it's coming to Steam this or next month (allegedly)...lol

10 hours in my feelings are mixed, little to no motivation to proceed further, will wait a bit to see what completing more regions actually does (besides just adding more + items to the inventory)

I haven't had a chance to check out the new version yet, but based on the above trailer I have to be brutally honest - I really don't see much in there beyond what I recall playing years ago that makes me think this is 5+ years of work.

you mean kotaku doesn't usually play games or do any research, they just read a headline somewhere else and regurgitate it?

you mean kotaku doesn't usually play games or do any research, they just read a headline somewhere else and regurgitate it?

It's not just Kotaku, the long-term community is pretty upset, and the reviews in general have been really quite bad.

I feel for Wollay, but I can't help but think a lot of this was self-inflicted. He had years of feedback from the community and it sounds like very little, if any of it was heard. On top of that, a lot of features that people liked were just straight-up removed.

This game was never going to live up to the hype, but it feels even worse than expected.

well, there is leveling and you can take items across biomes, it's just most people don't get far enough to realize it...

as far as play-testers involved in the past being disappointed now... welcome to almost any ambitious creative pursuit, things don't always go as planned, even if they are considered a "success"

I actually got around to trying this a bit yesterday...for one, there is basically zero tutorial, the game gives you no indication of what you're supposed to do, what the special attacks do for each class, etc. You are just thrown into a random area where (seriously) ambient animals like cows outlevel you and kill you way faster than you can kill them. There is a dodge mechanic but it's useless because there is no wind-up or really any animation for when a mob attacks you, so you never know when to dodge or not. There is no sense of progression because there's no XP or skill trees anymore. I guess there is a crafting system of some sort, but none of it is explained. The only real positive thing I can say about the game is that the art style is still cool, and it runs well. I'll put a bit more time into it but after dying half a dozen times to random animals, I started to feel like it wasn't worth my time.

Back