Cube World

Made some health potions. Is it me or does this game run video cards hot? I know it's an Alpha but it pushes my 670 to 75c and gets louder than most games.

Ehh, even randomly generated I fail to see why blocks are needed. In Minecraft I see them as being essential simply because it's easier to render, save, and less prone to errors if it's simply blocks.

But for just randomly generated land scape? There are plenty of games that use more real world environments that don't use blocks...have been for years way before even Minecraft.

http://everythingisaremix.info/

Bah I've been wanting to register and purchase this game since yesterday. Can't seem to find an opportunity to register though since its continually down. The games does look very interesting as an open rpg with a nice pixelated look to it.

Made some health potions. Is it me or does this game run video cards hot? I know it's an Alpha but it pushes my 670 to 75c and gets louder than most games.
Turning on vsync and limiting FPS to 60 through nVidia control panel fixed this for me.

I can run a server but I cant keep it up all the time. I am looking to play with people as well but probably tomorrow. Ill try to have the server up most of the day. PM me and I will send the IP in the morning

EDIT server is up

Last edited:
If you're a caster, you can cheese xp by farming piranha in an underwater biome, just get max distance and you can burn down orange/red mobs before they even reach you. You can also kill white non-aggressive monsters/creatures for 1-4xp very quickly to get you going. Combat is rough right now, and stun-locking is pretty key to survival. If you take packs out as if you were playing wow it becomes much easier to handle. Burn down casters while avoiding melee, time your stuns so that they land right after they lose immunity (stars floating around head = stun immune).

Too bad about the DDoS attacks. However in the end I think it will give the game more publicity, boosting sales.

Looks like a fun game, but also looks really hard. There are Youtube vids where they spend like an hour kiting enemies in order to kill them and only get 1 XP in the end.

The experience given for monsters in this game is set up interestingly, in that you spend more time at the lower levels than the higher ones; per level. It will take you the same amount of time to get your from 1-10, as it does to get from 11-30.

The reason for this is how the experience system is set up, with monsters giving mostly static exp and higher levels not requiring that much more. The system surprised me though, as I find myself enjoying the pacing very well. The slower leveling at the lower levels allows for more time to learn the game mechanics. This is particularly useful as the game starts throwing some clever tricks your way as you get out in the world and explore. There is a great diversity in the monster ability sets, some are really crazy though, like wizards/witches. Do not ever trifle with the wizards or witches! Haha.

--Don't read below this line if you want to learn things yourself--

Here's some general things I've learned so far:

There are several biomes in this game, of the ones I have discovered so far there are Snow, Forrest, Desert, Lava, Jungle and Beach. Each has a set of monsters and resources unique to that particular biome.

You can make potions by buying empty flasks at the general store in most towns. Then find a water source and stand in it. Press 'C' to open your crafting window and click on the far right tab. Left click to select the water flask recipe and press and hold the craft button to craft them. Then click on the potion tab to brew a Heart Flower into the potion.

Ice Flowers are found in the Snow biome and can be thawed at a camp fire, in to Hear Flowers. This process can 'proc' additional Heart Flowers, making it a very high yield crafting material.

Crafted potions and food item recipes for higher levels will automaticlly appear in your crafting list as you level. Don't use all your resources crafting, craft as you go so you have resources appropriate to your level when you need to craft them.

There is one town per biome, each town has a chance to sell a different pet lame item and/or higher grade lantern in the general store.

You can force Day time by speaking with an Inn Keeper. This also force respawns monsters and sets new dungeons for the daily quests.

You can 'downgrade' gear that is above your level, down to your exact level. This can only be done to any item ONCE but is particularly useful should you want to make an alt and have a ton of high level gear to work with.

You can transfer gear to yourself by dropping it in a single player world, saving and exiting, and rejoining on your alt.

You can upgrade and/or enchant your weapons at the blacksmith in town. Each weapon type needs a different set of materials to upgrade. Most iron weapons use iron, staves use wood, braclets use silver or gold, etc...

After being stunned, an enemy becomes stun immune for roughly 1.5s, you are able to re-stun them before the stun icon drops in some cases. (May be due to latency)

Casters should always be killed first, or you may pull around a corner and burn the melee before the casters catch up.

Dungeons can be soloed, though outdoor ones are considerably harder to take out the end bosses. Castle and Catacomb type dungeons are far easier to tackle.

Light blue mobs are an even challange, unless +1, +2, +3 or +4, or a boss. Orange is above your level, Red will most likely murder your face.

Light Blue mobs can be stunned frequently, Orange Mobs moderately, and Red mobs rarely if ever.

----

I'll add other stuff if I remember anything.

I still can't make an account even...WTF? It's been two days now...

I actually did manage to get create my own account sometime yesterday when there was a small window open. But the shop is still continually down and it doesn't look like either registration or shop is coming back soon until the developer fixes the problems.

Hopefully it'll be back up soon though I've been itching to play this game with my friend. He managed to get an account in and buy it on either the 3rd or the 4th when it was still relatively new (basically right before the whole DDOS problems).

I've actually been using this site: http://direct.cyberkitsune.net/canibuycubeworld/ to keep track of whenever either the website/registration/shop is up. So it comes in handy I guess.

Another important thing for when you start getting into your 20's+ is that some bosses have incredibly high HP, and it will take you literally (no really, I mean literally) 10minutes of fighting to kill. Whats worst is when you take one of them down to 10% hp and then they suddenly get a flurry of hits in for 200, 300, 500 all in a row and you're dead in 2 seconds... So if you're working on a boss and you don't see that hp meter moving very fast, consider whether its a waste of time or not.

That's interesting. Why did they decide not to? Could have made for an even greater game I think. Cube World lacks the mining aspect, and I don't think the maker is ever going to implement it. Were they afraid of cannibalizing each other's sales?

Probably because bridging the gap would of been too difficult. It would of required a whole new game. They are very similar and would mesh well and many players would die for that experience. Your talking about to different engines, and worlds, art styles, etc... That is a lot to tackle. They had a quick twitter correspondence briefly discussing the decision on not joining forces. Can't remember the details but it was very pleasant and filled with compliments from both sides.

How do I download the game?

I already made an account. Do I have to buy the game first?

yes you need to have bought the game first . Its a launcher like minecraft.

Last night i was out exploring... found a Huge tree and a very tall mountain in a cylinder shape.

i love this game , i could lose lots of time to it

Finally managed to make an account and picked up the game. Excited to try it...looks fun!

After you create an account:
https://picroma.com/account/create

And buy the game:
https://picroma.com/buycubeworld/

You go "My Games" to download it:
home_icon.png

Maybe it's because it's an Alpha, but this game is massively confusing to me. I have no idea which enemies are too strong to fight until I've already started fighting them (and for many of them you can't run away, they follow you forever), I don't really understand the sword/shield attack mechanic at all, and the UI is really confusing.

It seems fun and like it will develop into an awesome game, but right now it's really hard to get into it.

Maybe it's because it's an Alpha, but this game is massively confusing to me. I have no idea which enemies are too strong to fight until I've already started fighting them (and for many of them you can't run away, they follow you forever), I don't really understand the sword/shield attack mechanic at all, and the UI is really confusing.

It seems fun and like it will develop into an awesome game, but right now it's really hard to get into it.

Make sure you press V to turn on the overhead health bars.

Red and Orange names will eat you most likely, light blue solo are easy, light blue packs.. depends...

There are plenty of vids up on YouTube that get into things like combat and pet taming and the interface. This guy seems to have a series going, might help you out some.

http://youtu.be/IngnqfiBvlQ

Ah, okay. See, I had the health bars on but there is no number so you have no idea how much HP they have. Also, I assumed red meant hostile and blue/green meant friendly...

Thanks for the links...guess I need to do some research.

So, here's a question...do you ever find other cities along the road? I've been running for a LONG time in one direction and there is NOTHING out here. I feel like I'm wasting my time.

There's one city per Biome. Once you reach another Biome hit the map and you should see the general direction of the city. You won't see the city on the map until you enter the new Biome. You'll know you're close to the edge of a Biome when you see some weird dots on the map like in the pic below:

Cube2013-07-1121-37-37-59_zps4461f4ea.png

Last edited:
I've gone soooooo far and still no new biome. I wish there was a way to sleep through night like Minecraft (without an Inn)...the day/night cycle feels like it's practically in real time or something.

EDIT: Just got to the edge of the biome...and the town is seriously like 50 fucking squares away. :mad:

Apparently, you can make time pass faster when sleeping, but to sleep through a whole night it would seriously take you like 15+ minutes of real-time just sitting there staring at your guy on his face. Hopefully this gets balanced a little better.

Last edited:
It sure does take forever to get anywhere. I guess riding your pets if you have that skill make traveling a little faster. There's portals too but you have to find at least 2 before you can use them.

This game needs a lot more work! currently, it is so fucking hard to level up, unless you have 3 other friends playing with you. The skills are very limited, novelty wears out quite quickly.

There is no instruction on how to do stuff ingame, more than 3 hours in the game, still can't find a pet to adopt.

And I feel it is never meant to be play alone, just watch how I consistently die in the same spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBRDJMPkQ8

Final words: not perfect for a final game, but it is still ALPHA. Give it some time, I bet it will grow bigger than Minecraft.

Yeah, for ALPHA this game is pretty stable, just need more refining in the gameplay area.

This game needs a lot more work! currently, it is so fucking hard to level up, unless you have 3 other friends playing with you. The skills are very limited, novelty wears out quite quickly.

There is no instruction on how to do stuff ingame, more than 3 hours in the game, still can't find a pet to adopt.

And I feel it is never meant to be play alone, just watch how I consistently die in the same spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBRDJMPkQ8

Final words: not perfect for a final game, but it is still ALPHA. Give it some time, I bet it will grow bigger than Minecraft.

Every town sells a pet tame item for the pets around the town. Should be able to get one on a new character in about 3 minutes. The game can also be soloed but you do need to spend some time leaning the game mechanics.

If there is a dungeon you like, you can run it over and over by making a level one character with your main still logged in and talking to an inn-keeper.

Is the net code still crappy? I tried this out at a friend's place. He had a dedicated server running so I played duo with him. The problem is that it seems like the game wants to load the entire map on the computer I was on in bits and pieces. It would never save the map on that computer. So whereas he would be playing fine, every 100 meters or so, the computer I was on would have a loading screen. Wasn't a pc prob. His systems were all top notch. Seemed like crappy net code. I'm hesitant to buy the game if the netcode is like this right now.

Because that means soloing is the only way to go.

Is the net code still crappy? I tried this out at a friend's place. He had a dedicated server running so I played duo with him. The problem is that it seems like the game wants to load the entire map on the computer I was on in bits and pieces. It would never save the map on that computer. So whereas he would be playing fine, every 100 meters or so, the computer I was on would have a loading screen. Wasn't a pc prob. His systems were all top notch. Seemed like crappy net code. I'm hesitant to buy the game if the netcode is like this right now.

I set up a VPN and had a friend connect (from several states away) and we played for hours without so much as a hiccup.

I do like how the mobs in an area are mixed levels. Keeps you on your toes.

I connected to my buddy's server and didn't have an ounce of lag. I'm in NC and he's in FL. Was a 4 man party with people in different states.

Back