Cube World

Bought the game. Haven't tried MP yet. Question though...when you attack mobs and then get the "ding sound" where you get a particle effect around your toon, what does that mean?

Every town sells a pet tame item for the pets around the town. Should be able to get one on a new character in about 3 minutes.

That's not entirely true. Not every town does seem to sell a pet food item, and the ones that do will often not be a pet that you can easily acquire around town. For instance, in my starting town there was no food items sold, and when I got to the second town (which takes entirely too long, as previously mentioned) they only sold the Chocolate Donut, which is apparently an item for a Mole. I've seen one before, but never around the town. Later I found a random drop of something for an Owl, which I have also seen once before but never around the town. So a lot of the time it's more work than that to get a pet. Not to mention if you want to ride one, you need to level up a bunch and pour skill points into pets, and then find a suitable one (not all of them can be ridden).

I think this game will end up being awesome but I do think it needs a lot of balance work, as well as more content. But for an Alpha it is very stable and looks great so far.

Does anyone know how long they have been working on it, and how often patches get released?

What you have said is accurate, though rare to be in such a situation. In the event that happens, make a new seed and you'll likely get what you want.

Or, you can join my server and I'll just give you a pet.

Bought the game. Haven't tried MP yet. Question though...when you attack mobs and then get the "ding sound" where you get a particle effect around your toon, what does that mean?

Let me know if you like the game.

For those wanting some pet "food" seeds to mess with.

98744 - Chocolate Donut - Mole

30057153 - Cotton Candy - Sheep

11100111 - Waffles - Terrier

311772 - Candy - Black Cat

707 - Bubblegum - Collie

404 - Carrot - Bunny

There's a ton of guides out there for various things, a little Google-Fu helps for now until they get a proper manual done up.... assuming they plan to do so.

Every town sells a pet tame item for the pets around the town. Should be able to get one on a new character in about 3 minutes. The game can also be soloed but you do need to spend some time leaning the game mechanics.

If there is a dungeon you like, you can run it over and over by making a level one character with your main still logged in and talking to an inn-keeper.

Thanks, will try to get a pet tonight

Looking to host multiplayer tonight. Seed im using has some very unforgiving dungeons and need help :)

What you have said is accurate, though rare to be in such a situation. In the event that happens, make a new seed and you'll likely get what you want.

Or, you can join my server and I'll just give you a pet.

I actually ended up getting some more food off of random drops and got myself a horse. :)

My thoughts after playing the game for awhile (almost level 5 Warrior Guardian, soloing only):

-The tempo of this game feels WAY off. Like, it takes an eternity to walk anywhere, takes a VERY long time to kill even basic mobs without using a two-handed weapon (for my character, at least). Combat is a lot of fun as Warrior, you have to get down the enemy's attack pattern and block/parry for the power attacks. Even then, light blue enemies take way longer than it seems they should to kill, for only 1 XP point. As a result, leveling takes an eternity.

-Loot drops are decent, though I very rarely find equipment I can use...most of it is vendor trash for other classes. Of course if you are playing co-op this is not an issue, but not all of us are.

-I tried doing what was a "blue" area quest surrounded by blue mobs and a boss creature that was also "blue". I don't think it's possible to actually kill the boss solo. I hacked away at it for literally 15 minutes straight and the health was down no more than 1/10 or so. The boss creatures have OBSCENE amounts of health, it's not even realistic to try to solo them. This is a huge problem. It's not even like it's that hard (although for a blue enemy he did a crazy amount of damage, too) but you would literally be sitting there for hours fighting the same guy.

Overall it feels like the game is really geared toward co-op, and if you don't play co-op you are getting screwed by loot drops and ridiculous mob health.

Still, I am enjoying the game nevertheless, but I feel balance needs to be reached with a lot of stats. It takes far too long to level up, and then having to pump all of your skill points into something like pets to be able to ride them feels pretty silly.

Wish list:

-Tweaked enemy health
-Drops more suited for your class if soloing
-Deployable bed roll, with faster time passing (it's far too slow right now)
-Ability to mark locations on your map

Has the potential to be a really great game, I hope they follow through.

I actually ended up getting some more food off of random drops and got myself a horse. :)

My thoughts after playing the game for awhile (almost level 5 Warrior Guardian, soloing only):

-The tempo of this game feels WAY off. Like, it takes an eternity to walk anywhere, takes a VERY long time to kill even basic mobs without using a two-handed weapon (for my character, at least). Combat is a lot of fun as Warrior, you have to get down the enemy's attack pattern and block/parry for the power attacks. Even then, light blue enemies take way longer than it seems they should to kill, for only 1 XP point. As a result, leveling takes an eternity.

-Loot drops are decent, though I very rarely find equipment I can use...most of it is vendor trash for other classes. Of course if you are playing co-op this is not an issue, but not all of us are.

-I tried doing what was a "blue" area quest surrounded by blue mobs and a boss creature that was also "blue". I don't think it's possible to actually kill the boss solo. I hacked away at it for literally 15 minutes straight and the health was down no more than 1/10 or so. The boss creatures have OBSCENE amounts of health, it's not even realistic to try to solo them. This is a huge problem. It's not even like it's that hard (although for a blue enemy he did a crazy amount of damage, too) but you would literally be sitting there for hours fighting the same guy.

Overall it feels like the game is really geared toward co-op, and if you don't play co-op you are getting screwed by loot drops and ridiculous mob health.

Still, I am enjoying the game nevertheless, but I feel balance needs to be reached with a lot of stats. It takes far too long to level up, and then having to pump all of your skill points into something like pets to be able to ride them feels pretty silly.

Wish list:

-Tweaked enemy health
-Drops more suited for your class if soloing
-Deployable bed roll, with faster time passing (it's far too slow right now)
-Ability to mark locations on your map

Has the potential to be a really great game, I hope they follow through.

Your level 5 because your doing it solo. I have come to the conclusion you must have a group for this game. You will level quickly working as a team. I gained 4 levels alone killing a boss with 4 other people

Your level 5 because your doing it solo. I have come to the conclusion you must have a group for this game. You will level quickly working as a team. I gained 4 levels alone killing a boss with 4 other people

Yeah, that was my conclusion as well. Which is kind of lame, IMO...co-op wasn't even the primary focus of the game according to their little "goals" thing. I also assume enemies don't scale to multiple players, so that's why you get absurd bosses when soloing.

Guess I either need to hop on with some people here or convince my friends to buy it...

Another wish list thing would be to be able to group up with NPCs around the world. Not that they're brilliant AI, but you see a LOT of them around and they basically do nothing other than wander around killing stuff on their own.

EDIT: Reading on the forum...apparently Warriors are massively underpowered right now and everyone's advice is just "play Rogue". :( I really don't want to re-roll, I've put a lot of time into this already.

Last edited:
I'd play with you but I'm not yet convinced that the game is worth my $20.

the combat in this is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. seems people are not picking up on the tempo/combo system - note the combo rate accumulating above your hotbar, each and every hit you land increases the amount of armor neg from your weapons, this is key. when it turns light blue you are hitting the cap and doing 100% of your possible damage + crits, miss ONCE and the entire thing resets. so play around with extensions like dodging, special skills, etc. the more accurate you are, the faster your fights are going to go.

so a tip for melee fighters is to practice 1 handed weapons, the catch here is they each do less damage per hit on each weapon, but way more combined, and all usually rated with much higher tempo. the first few hits are going to do relatively little damage, but build up to way more than you could do with a single weapon, so if you're good at sustaining combos your dps goes through the roof compared with the 2 handers. I see alot of rogues/warriors just stick with the bigger swords/axes all game because of the higher damage value, you are really limiting yourself this way.

and you may start out slow, but don't be tempted to waste points on pets/climbing/gliding early game or it will just get brutal for you to level, pets are very weak early on. there are plenty of mobs and quests near your starting town to get you strong enough to explore later, start out right and you will be flying around the world demolishing all in your path in no time, hunt for any +4 quest areas to get lots of epic and legendary gear easily.

I would also suggest to just load up a seed that sells the high level lamps in your starting town (eg. [13375],[111111111]) to get a much brighter lamp for your guy, so you can see where you're going at night. pretty sure the rarity is just out of whack, so they're near impossible to find randomly.

I'd play with you but I'm not yet convinced that the game is worth my $20.

I like it so far, but my PC is showing age. The loading that I thought was attributed to netcode is actually my PC being bogged down. Even soloing, I get constant load screens. Makes the game not so fun to walk a few feet and get loading.

I am definitely "picking up" the combo/combat system just fine...it's just currently impossible to solo bosses with a warrior, that's all there is to it. Needs to be addressed with a patch.

I think the game will definitely be worth $20 eventually, but it's not there yet to be honest. Sadly, I want people to but this for the necessary co-op, but I don't know that I can say in good conscience that it's worth $20 yet.

lvl 47 rogue here willing to help anyone that would like a hand with a particularly tough boss etc...

difficulty curve definitely flattened out for me once I got past twenty. Even more so once I started equipping legendary gear/weapons. I've quite a bit of stuff to trade if anyone would like 1 for 1 of similar item levels. I think i have crappy rogue shoulders for instance.

rj

Anyone want to buy my account? :p

I played it the first couple days and haven't touched it since. Like most have said, good for an Alpha, but there's no real reason to play it at the moment. Aside from getting easier, nothing changes between the 3rd hour and the 30th.

I am definitely "picking up" the combo/combat system just fine...it's just currently impossible to solo bosses with a warrior, that's all there is to it. Needs to be addressed with a patch.

I think the game will definitely be worth $20 eventually, but it's not there yet to be honest. Sadly, I want people to but this for the necessary co-op, but I don't know that I can say in good conscience that it's worth $20 yet.

if solo is impossible then you're definitely doing something wrong, maybe have to overlevel a bit compared to co-op but it's totally playable. powerleveling in co-op is a totally different game, here you can't just dogpile and wreck everything in your path without even thinking about relative mob strength.

and if you're talking about soloing +4 bosses under level 20 with green or similarly weak gear, it's just not gonna happen, and it's not supposed to. the higher +n, the better gear you need to have, the more developed your skills and the more perfect your strategy has to be, they are buffed beyond reason and you will always trade poorly at any level even remotely near them. but not impossible at all, this is the fastest way to level both on your own or with others.

As a note, if you're out by yourself and come across a group of friendly roaming npc's... follow em around a bit or pull mobs into them that you cant take alone and they'll help you kill em and you'll get the xp.

Found a group of 4 lovely elven ladies tonight roaming in a group, one of each class, and they helped me kill a bunch of stuff for 8-10xp per kill. Was a nice boost for a level 5.

if solo is impossible then you're definitely doing something wrong, maybe have to overlevel a bit compared to co-op but it's totally playable. powerleveling in co-op is a totally different game, here you can't just dogpile and wreck everything in your path without even thinking about relative mob strength.

Well, I'm talking about going up against a "blue" boss with level-appropriate gear (armor at 90%+) and getting them down to about 1/8 of a bar after 5-10 minutes of fighting before getting murdered or just running out of potions and giving up. I've heard that a) warriors are underpowered for soloing and b) bosses above "white" (which is lower than your level) is ridiculously hard.

I'm level 17. I took on a few red bosses and lived. I'm a scout though. I put points into only the pre-reqs to unlock the last tier skill. Then I dumped 10 points into that. I'm only now adding points to unlock gliding and boating.

My advice is to craft level appropriate weapons. Weapons will help you the most. If you have mats left over, craft armor.

I hate to do it but I might re-roll as a Rogue. I tried to power-level to get pet riding, only to find out that it's not +109% speed, but 109% of normal. 9% faster is practically imperceptible. Not real happy with it. Plus, as you level it more it's a diminishing return.

EDIT: I made a new Rogue Ninja character, and it's ridiculous how much better Rogue is than Guardian Warrior. You do so much more damage faster, and your special attack + dodging is ridiculously powerful.

Last edited:
Oh, and I started a new world with the seed "8675309" :p Actually a pretty good spawn, right next to a town with a couple of quests not far away, and I started right next to a cave with Iron, Silver, Gold and Rubies right off the bat.

I was taking on +4s at 17. I'm about 1 for 4. lol. But after all those deaths and only killing a few of them, I did get a yellow chest for my scout.

I did 8675309. I forget what seed that was, either for mines or for dungeons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo

Last edited:
Managed to solo a blue boss as Ninja Rogue with no problem. Way easier to solo as than Warrior.

Well, I'm talking about going up against a "blue" boss with level-appropriate gear (armor at 90%+) and getting them down to about 1/8 of a bar after 5-10 minutes of fighting before getting murdered or just running out of potions and giving up. I've heard that a) warriors are underpowered for soloing and b) bosses above "white" (which is lower than your level) is ridiculously hard.

well there's your problem, if ill equipped or unprepared then you should stick with bosses you have leveled past to build up some decent gear and xp. this is the way weapon/armor ratings work, 100% is your baseline value - if below this then you're doing less damage or have less protection than you should, above that and you can go after same or better level mobs. always head out of town with 100 water flasks, nothing worse than having to run away just because you have no pots on you.

by the time you build up the best and rarest gear, you'll be keeping at least a 120-150% armor rating with weapons in the 150-300% range and beyond, no matter what level you are you want to be staying above 100% at least, going under that would mean really bad luck in drops or just wasting too much time grinding passive mobs that don't drop anything, once you are fully equipped you should be able to solo everything up to +2 bosses easily.

I keep up to date on my crossbow, but it's never 100% on the char screen. A char power level crossbow starts at like 50% or so. Boomerangs can get 100%. I wonder why bows/crossbows can't.

Last edited:
So far it feels like there is nothing you can't kill with a mage provided you strafe around in circles with water magic for 30 minutes or more. Definitely the most grind heavy feeling boss fights I've encountered in a game.

well there's your problem, if ill equipped or unprepared then you should stick with bosses you have leveled past to build up some decent gear and xp. this is the way weapon/armor ratings work, 100% is your baseline value - if below this then you're doing less damage or have less protection than you should

Thing is, I can go solo a white/blue level boss with a Rogue Ninja with little to no armor and a basic 2H weapon, whereas with a Guardian I am getting my ass handed to me before I even get them a quarter of the way down HP-wise.

I get what you are saying but I just don't think the Guardian is balanced for soloing right now. It may be for MP but soloing is tedious and frustrating. With Rogue it is a total breeze.

I've been playing my Rogue pretty much exclusively now and I'm having way more fun with the game. Already downed 2 bosses and a couple of "rare" mobs.

Thing is, I can go solo a white/blue level boss with a Rogue Ninja with little to no armor and a basic 2H weapon, whereas with a Guardian I am getting my ass handed to me before I even get them a quarter of the way down HP-wise.

I get what you are saying but I just don't think the Guardian is balanced for soloing right now. It may be for MP but soloing is tedious and frustrating. With Rogue it is a total breeze.

I've been playing my Rogue pretty much exclusively now and I'm having way more fun with the game. Already downed 2 bosses and a couple of "rare" mobs.

yea survival is definitely easier with rogue since they have way better evasion and parry skills that don't use stamina, but this is what the class was built for. you won't have nearly as much health or damage to work with though, so it's a trade off. later on at higher levels when you're getting one-shot by +n bosses, I suspect you might be missing the warrior's absurd health pool again.

also I'm sure with the experience gained your first time around you are going to be investing your points more wisely this time around I hope, just making it that much easier.

Is there any way to get rid of the status text of "You receive blah blah blah" in the bottom left corner? It's constantly in the way of the popup bubbles for crafting making it really hard to see the requirements.

I keep up to date on my crossbow, but it's never 100% on the char screen. A char power level crossbow starts at like 50% or so. Boomerangs can get 100%. I wonder why bows/crossbows can't.

Put your crossbow in your other hand.

Think they will ever update the game? Actually the guy creating the game does frequent updates and posts them on his website; he never updated the Alpha client. Still plays well all these years later though! Wonder how much longer until the game is released?

upload_2018-1-10_7-59-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-10_7-58-54.png
    upload_2018-1-10_7-58-54.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 7
Thought there was actually an update...dammit cageymaru .

Yeah, at this point I don't know...he still updates on Twitter or whatever but after 5-ish years of zero game updates of any kind...I don't have much hope of anything ever happening. Bummer, because the game had potential.

Thought there was actually an update...dammit cageymaru .

Yeah, at this point I don't know...he still updates on Twitter or whatever but after 5-ish years of zero game updates of any kind...I don't have much hope of anything ever happening. Bummer, because the game had potential.

Well it is just him and his wife working on the game still and the updates that he posted seem cool. I think it would be an interesting subject as to which is the better way to do things; Star Citizen with their constant selling of in game assets and updates or Cube World's little leaks of what the developers are working on. Anyways there is a Reddit dedicated to the game although it has no more information than what we've heard over the years.

Love the damn game and play it every so often. End up dead more often than not thanks to roaming high level mobs that stray near town. :p

Keep hoping for an update to it.

Going back through this thread...yeah, it was fun. There are some real balance issues, though, and honestly it's just a bit threadbare on content for the type of game it's supposed to be.

I would definitely pick it back up if there is an update eventually (considering I paid for it...:p)

Back