CS:S new patch

UrTAlgol

Weaksauce
Steam is soooo slow.....wish I could just use bittorrent or something to download the new patch. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting forever to update. Anyone play on assault yet? How is it?

Cool there is a new terrorist model. And assualt is finally here.

Wow I was reading the update and there is alot of things they have added. I cant wait to try some of these out. Interested to see the new animations and what the gun sights look like.

I just can't wait until we get to choose between different player models like in the original CS. I really hate the T model.

Finally fixed the extra pistol ammo. That pissed me off big time.

Never experienced this befor though.
Weaker flashbangs effects no longer cancel out stronger ones

new T model looks like crap, 4ft tall dude wearing lipstick

still waiting for dod:s......

terrorist model looks dumb.
their heads are big as hell now as too, itll prolly be easier to get hs'

Im a little let down after seeing this. It looks so funny when they run around with grenades. lol

The T model looks way to similar to the CT in color....very difficult to tell them apart...:(

Ya the do look similar.

Hopefully valve will fix this.

Personally didnt mind the first Terrorist model.

Ok i had a little problem where i couldnt connect to the cs_assualt servers, but it turns out if you have 2 versions of assualt you have to delete the one that valve didnt make. Gave me a little trouble at first untill I realized that.

And the new CS_assualt map is just awsome. It looks so nice. I love the lighting and the nice glow affect it has to it inside the warehouse. Its got so much charachter. Valve keeps making the maps nicer and nicer each time they release new ones. I would love to see them go over and do the dusts, aztec, and italy again because they are so dull and boring compared to inferno, assualt and tides. Cbble is also ok but Chataue (spelling) needs some work also. Anyways I hope they start working on milita soon because i have been waiting a long time for it.

The Assault Source map is freaking awesome, and the T model other than looking like it has lipstick is fine IMO, no issues discerning it from the CT model for me. Overall a very good patch :).

Yeah, the new T model blows so hard. Giant head (too match the T hitbox), and stumpy legs.

Anybody know how to install a new skin over this new T model (the old way of putting the vtf files in models\players\Terror doesn't work).

Any news on when the [H]|Gaming servers will be updated (I don't know of many others I like).

ugh great.. release it when my main computer is down and I am gonna get some shitty fps dips with a slower cpu.... :rolleyes: O well time to play...

WOW totally pathetic performance..... 20-45 most of the freaking time.... WOW I am pissed.... something is so freaking wrong with my athlon xp.... great map BTW.... and the t's model doens't look so bad... even though the old one's made them look tougher....

can't freaking wait for my motherboard to get back...OMG.... I will be cruising around 60+ fps almost always...instead of 20-45 :( sheez.. anyone have an athlon xp 3200+ or something like that..what fps are you getting?? I can run at teh lowest settings and only average 20-45 fps in assualt.. a TINY bit higher in de_dust.... WOW

...all I can say is .."Yay For Dial-Up!!"

..just how big is this patch anyways? :confused:

ThreeDee said:
...all I can say is .."Yay For Dial-Up!!"

..just how big is this patch anyways? :confused:

wut? lol took my less than 5 minutes to download... wait ur on dial up? or are u just being funny hehe

I'm on Adelphia's high-end cable plan; 4MB down; 512kb up, and it took me 10-15 minutes to download. What are you using that is so fast? :confused:

it only took me about 4 mins to download on my cox 4mbit line

the terrorist models look so stubby, i wish they just left them alone, i liked the last ones.

NickN said:
I'm on Adelphia's high-end cable plan; 4MB down; 512kb up, and it took me 10-15 minutes to download. What are you using that is so fast? :confused:

I am using the same plan here... what was the speed in the steam's "monitor" section where it shows the internet usage.. I was downloading @ like 2-3mb a second..

aZn_plyR said:
wut? lol took my less than 5 minutes to download... wait ur on dial up? or are u just being funny hehe

:( ..alas ..how I do wish that it was just a funny that I was making ..but tis true ..I be haten' life ...as far as the internet goes from home anyways ...booo!! :mad:

Steam update schmiel said:
Players automatically raise their weapon and aim through the sights when they stop to fire
Weapon-specific reload animations with removable ammo clips added

Has anyone seen this whole "raise weapon and aim through sights" schtick? I just got done playing with bots offline (maybe this is the reason?) and I didn't see any aiming through sights.

EDIT: errr never mind i just found out they aim through iron sights on the 3rd person view.....gg

aZn_plyR said:
WOW totally pathetic performance..... 20-45 most of the freaking time.... WOW I am pissed.... something is so freaking wrong with my athlon xp.... great map BTW.... and the t's model doens't look so bad... even though the old one's made them look tougher....

can't freaking wait for my motherboard to get back...OMG.... I will be cruising around 60+ fps almost always...instead of 20-45 :( sheez.. anyone have an athlon xp 3200+ or something like that..what fps are you getting?? I can run at teh lowest settings and only average 20-45 fps in assualt.. a TINY bit higher in de_dust.... WOW

Heh, thats funny, I got a athlon XP3200 @ 2.2Ghz and I rarly go under 50Fps, so I really don't know why your getting such shitty performance, but wow, I should really check out this update, I have been downloading a 50Gig file and ordering parts for my new pc, so in a couple weeks I'll probably have assembled a brand new system.

aZn_plyR said:
I am using the same plan here... what was the speed in the steam's "monitor" section where it shows the internet usage.. I was downloading @ like 2-3mb a second..
That steam monitor has it messed up or something... it keeps on increasing in "dowload rate"... perhaps it's not Download Rate but Downloaded Data... cos my other network monitors never register more than 250kb/s...

Anyway, here in russia, I got my 8mbit line and I got the patch in a mere 3 minutes. Too bad I have to pay per goddamn megabyte.

Yet to play... at "work" now, but I can't wait to see the new terrorist model. Lipstick: sexy

I got kicked from the servers halfway through the update, then ran it again and had no problems.

Assault is AWESOME! By far the best looking map. The shrink-wrap on the pallets in the warehouse has some cool effects. Outside the warehouse it's so incredibly detailed, so many nooks and crannies to hide in. It's a very fun map. Even though it is quite a graphics hog. Pulls me down from 100fps to about 45-50. That I can live with.

I like the new animations when guys are running and then stop and you see them raise their weapon. It looks soo much better than when they just stood there shooting from the hip.

Plus I like the new T model. Now they just need to add additional models, like the T with the glasses. He was my fav.

S1nF1xx said:
Now they just need to add additional models, like the T with the glasses. He was my fav.

Haha, mine too.

The new map is pretty cool. I haven't had much time to play on it though; maybe 30-45 minutes. :(

im gettin 20-45 fps at most parts.
It'll peak at 100 something fps when im on the roof as a ct but this is just unplayable.
same can be said about chateau and port.
im also gettin massive choke on most servers.
this is on an a64 at 2.6 ghz and a 6800 unlocked.
my settings are at 1024x768 medium settings
i spent enough on my pc and am not spending any more loot to get comfortable frame rates on some lame ass maps..
im stickin to dust/d2/aztec servers from now on

btw leet skin terrorist was the best, they need to bring him back

honkee said:
It'll peak at 100 something fps when im on the roof as a ct but this is just unplayable.
i spent enough on my pc and am not spending any more loot to get comfortable frame rates on some lame ass maps..

Something isn't right with your rig, then. I have the same issues at 1280x1024 with the rig below which is a house cat compared to yours. The map is a beauty, just too bad it takes more to run than others.

honkee said:

Something is seriously wrong with your rig

I'm running an Athlon 3200+ and a 256MB Radeon 9800 with 1GB RAM and it runs very nicely on my rig. Most evything is set at medium and I run it at the same resolution you do.

everything is fine with my rig.
this is a fresh install of windows.
i get 11 k in 3dmark03, every other game runs fine.
i have it set to performance in windows under image quality, fast writes off, 64 mb aperture size, 153 frames in stress test.
medium settings in game settings, aa/af off 1024x768.
believe me everything is fine, i think the specific maps i mentioned are just fucked up.

Yourself said:
The T model looks way to similar to the CT in color....very difficult to tell them apart...:(
absolutely. I refuse to use the gaydar every waking second and T's in the distance can now look like CT's. I cannot side with those who hate the models and etc. who cares about that BS, they were just fine the way they were. good job on assault though and the whole body movement throws the eye off for the first bit but that's doable

you poor bastages with steam issues ...its worked flawless for me since day #1. steam
rock.gif

first ss is the pwnage that i am, all rifle, snipers are for lames
and thats every round fellows

screenshots are of the new t skin

honkee said:

... snipers are for lames and thats every round fellows
look at the midgits! but you sure say it best man!!! awp play is for chicken shit girls! who cares what rebuttle. real men run the map!

yeah in fact i challenge anyone on here on [H] in cs:s.
give me your ip and i will dominate your top10.
dont even mention hardgamin servers, i joined once dropped a 27 and 0 in like 5 rounds and got banned.
its not my fault im at 75% hs

The character models look like midgets now lol. Haven't gotten a chance to play assault yet.

Wait, this is a new CS patch after all... Where are all the people saying "OMFG Valve ruined CSS , I'm never gonna play again!!!" lol@them. I think the new/old map is great and it is definetly the biggest system hog of them all, but , did you see the animated smokestack? I can't wait till the integrate HDR lighting, that could actually benifit the gameplay significantly. I was really hoping for CSS to have fully dynamic lighting, CS has always been the stealth fps in my mind. Yeah, I was forced to play last night on my AXP machine, and their was defintely some frame rate issues, but its fun still. I think its really time to say this though.
go ahead and qoute me if you wish

"The trusty Athlon XP architecture is no longer a viable altrernative to power a gaming PC."

These days you really need a Athlon 64, or a overclocked socket 754 sempron to be competitive. Oh yeah and I guess Intel still makes cpus too, but they aren't to good for gaming.

7718 said:
go ahead and qoute me if you wish

"The trusty Athlon XP architecture is no longer a viable altrernative to power a gaming PC."

These days you really need a Athlon 64, or a overclocked socket 754 sempron to be competitive. Oh yeah and I guess Intel still makes cpus too, but they aren't to good for gaming.

Ok, I'll quote you. :)

My Athlon 3200 XP runs the game just fine. I can't run everything at max settings, but then again I have a Radeon 9800 256MB. I run everything at medium to high settings and still hit 50fps durring most heavy combat.

So no, you don't need an A64 to play games. You need a really fast video card if you want to play at max settings, but my 3200 has played every game I've thrown at it.

So there. :p

Back