• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS : S beta 7pm 2 hours!!!

hmmm.... mebe not hehe thats lame then... cant believe how buggy this engine still is...

lol valve has done it now... the steam network is gunna be down for weeks with all the bug reports being sent around lol :D
 
I am sure its the network being hammered that is causing the bugs it should sort itself out in a day or so once everyone has done preloading
 
This whole experiment known as Steam could easily be looked upon by future generations as the start of a phenomenal way of content distribution. Out kids my think of us going out to buy games from BestBuy in the same light as we look at our parents or grandparents when TV was just good idea.

I say we all give Steam a chance. Its a new way of doing business and its going to be years until the industry as a whole gets all the bugs out.

Yes I want the game as much as the next guy, but I understand that a new system like Steam will have its issues well into the immediate future. Tonight is a good example of what we'll be facing. Once more content distribution channels open up and networks like Akamai become the norm then maybe these clogs will be a thing of the past.
/rant

Oh, and in the time it took me to write this post, CS:S finished downloading.
 
BobSutan said:
This whole experiment known as Steam could easily be looked upon by future generations as the start of a phenomenal way of content distribution. Out kids my think of us going out to buy games from BestBuy in the same light as we look at our parents or grandparents when TV was just good idea.

I say we all give Steam a chance. Its a new way of doing business and its going to be years until the industry as a whole gets all the bugs out.

Yes I want the game as much as the next guy, but I understand that a new system like Steam will have its issues well into the immediate future. Tonight is a good example of what we'll be facing. Once more content distribution channels open up and networks like Akamai become the norm then maybe these clogs will be a thing of the past.
/rant

Oh, and in the time it took me to write this post, CS:S finished downloading.
this is true. it is a new and innovative thing, i guess we should give it a chance. hell i am very greatful to be able to sit on my ass and have the newest game come to me. it really is a nice thing.

ok wel my css is done now too time to admire the eye candy :D
 
>Tonight is a good example of what we'll be facing.

Actually, tonight is a good example of the exact problem that is solved by bittorrent.
 
So how does it work? Do you need the old CS to run it? Or does it all come through steam?
 
There's nothing wrong with Steam, it's the shit-for-brains people at Steam who on one hand make the wise choice to pre-load CS:Source, then turn around and require a big update for everyone at the same time, all while forgetting to start a crap load of official servers so people can actually play the game.

GG Steam.
 
Yea really. Downloaded another 60mb so I could watch my game crash to the desktop over and over. Im so excited.
 
Well, I tried it. Its nice and all, but I can't really say if its fun yet since I cannot join any servers yet.

I did the stress test, which suprised me because I had no idea my computer could produce such quality looking graphics (at around 40FPS). Anywho, does anyone know how to view the results of the stresstest comparison? Supposedly there is some site you can go to, but I've been looking and cannot find it.
 
BobSutan said:
Well, I tried it. Its nice and all, but I can't really say if its fun yet since I cannot join any servers yet.

I did the stress test, which suprised me because I had no idea my computer could produce such quality looking graphics (at around 40FPS). Anywho, does anyone know how to view the results of the stresstest comparison? Supposedly there is some site you can go to, but I've been looking and cannot find it.


Well so far in testing in single player i notiched the sensitivity is ALOT lower then it was in the older engine. So say my usual 5.60 is like 1/2 slower. And as far as FPS it'll drop with big servers. I myself got 55-90 just running around with everything up, 2xAA, but bilinear instead of trilinear.
 
I just played in a 40 man server in my local area and it lagged pretty bad, but was still fun
 
In the meantime we can play "Forum CS". The map is de_dust, I am a terrorist (the sunglasses one) with the auto-shottie, first I'm running left and then right towards the choke point tunnel (with my knife out just for the sake of old times). Now your turn...
 
[ROUND RESET] Okay this time I go the same way (same model) but I switch to shotgun a little faster and maybe do a kind of jump and shoot thing bringing my crotch to your eye level and catching you by surprise.
 
I'm the guy running right behind you who lets you take the first barrage from the CTs' nades and that one guy who always gets right up to the hall and waits for that point blank shot. Then I waltz up and take the kill you should have had, but died trying to get.
 
[ROUND RESET] Okay I'm a bit annoyed by now, maybe thinking theres a cheater or two among us (someone with rocket boots or something), but I shake it off and run towards the long tunnel to the right this time. I have the AK and I crouch behind a box to wait for a fellow foolish T to flush out a CT for me to AK-snipe.
 
megawzrd said:
wow...valve should be ashamed of how crazy they make people. Forum CS? :eek: :confused:

The irony is I'm not waiting to play CS, I haven't seriously played it since beta 7! Just waiting for a DVD to burn..
 
Sorry guys I was AFK... [ROUND RESET] Okay its aztec now and I went CT so that I could get some Colt lovin' ( :eek: ). I run towards the bridge as fast as possible, just the bridge and try to sneak up behind the T's. Hell maybe I lob some grenades up there blindly hoping to hit something...
 
hey yall can come over here, i made those mini pizza things and ive got it working on 3 computers.
 
Back
Top