• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS : S beta 7pm 2 hours!!!

YellowPeril said:
lol yeah time estimations are useless... the greatest thing that could be invented is an accurate time estimation


It seemed to estimate the time from the start of the dl and just counted down but never recalculated but oh well...
 
Okay, I think it is going faster than I originally thought. Does the Steam Monitor show Kilobits or KiloBYTES? If the latter then its pretty close to maxing out my connection. 3Mbit is 375KBytes/s, which is what I think its hitting pretty close to now. (CS:S's size has gone from 266MB to 475MBs. By my math that's roughly 209MB downloaded in the last 15 minutes or so.

Oh, and its at 72%
 
BobSutan said:
Okay, I think it is going faster than I originally thought. Does the Steam Monitor show Kilobits or KiloBYTES? If the latter then its pretty close to maxing out my connection. 3Mbit is 375KBytes/s, which is what I think its hitting pretty close to now.

Oh, and its at 70%


Its in bits i believe. Notice the small kb. KiloBytes are always KB and kilobits are kb. Atleast thats how its suppose to be. Plus to prove my point. When it peaks it switches to Mbit sooooo....
 
BobSutan said:
Okay, I think it is going faster than I originally thought. Does the Steam Monitor show Kilobits or KiloBYTES? If the latter then its pretty close to maxing out my connection. 3Mbit is 375KBytes/s, which is what I think its hitting pretty close to now.

Oh, and its at 70%
it shows kilbits, so actually it is downloading at about 37.5 kB/sec if you are downloading at 300 kb/sec
the conversion is kb / 8 = kB
kB * 8 = kb

im at 88%
 
Socks said:
EDIT: NM WOO!! :p :D

what are you guys doing that i'm not?![/QUOTE]


We probably got in before the rest got in and thus we have 1st come 1st serve! :D
 
Hmm. That's what I originally thought. I've always gone with the rule of thumb of Kb = Kilobits, KB =Kilobytes. I must have screwed up in my calculations somewhere. I think my anticipation is getting the best of me. Time to chill out, grab a Mt. Dew, and check back in 15 minutes.

Besides, there's always pr0n to be watched :D
 
ok so my updating platform finished the new CSS screen came on then bumped me back to the desktop. Steam still says its "working" and show like 80% but CSS said finished and auto started; double clicking has the same effect. boo
 
Yeah, I just check their server status page. Their North American servers are collectively running close to 80%. I wonder if Valve is bringing their extra 4Gbits online tonight?
 
I got an error that says "Engine Error Unable to set mode. This may be a known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. PLease try running again." I tried messing w/ the settings, gonna try to restart now.
 
I can't join a server or make my own, it freezes and I have to DTRL+ALT+DEL and end task. Gay.
 
donahue said:
I can't join a server or make my own, it freezes and I have to DTRL+ALT+DEL and end task. Gay.

Unplug your NIC and see if you can start your own local server. At least this way you should be able to tinker and get us some screenshots until the network stabilizes
:D
 
Thatonen00b said:
I got an error that says "Engine Error Unable to set mode. This may be a known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. PLease try running again." I tried messing w/ the settings, gonna try to restart now.


I get the same BS after screwing with the video settings..... pos....... :mad:
 
imho its not the network, the game really hasnt finished updating see if yours still says "working" and check ur network monitor. Anyone w/ slow speeds restart steam. mine jumped 10x
 
every server is full, dont even try it, there is aronud 15 servers now but there all getting pounded with join requests. 20 minutes of trying to join servers straight and i havent gotten in one. Everytime a new server pops up it gets pouded, and sometimes crashes. The few times i began to actually connect to a non full server, it would freeze saing "connecting" and never would connect. Or would fail to connect and say "failed to connect"

this sux
 
I think I will go to bed and try in the morning I dont think things will improve tonight
 
DruSi3r said:
imho its not the network, the game really hasnt finished updating see if yours still says "working" and check ur network monitor. Anyone w/ slow speeds restart steam. mine jumped 10x

Yeah, I had to restart Steam. When I did, it shot up to 80% from the 72% it was "stalled" at. However, now I'm only pulling down about 138Kb/s as opposed to the 350Kbit/s I was earlier.
 
This is nice. After setting up CS:S it only works once. Once its shut down it won't even load again it gets a error. Deleted the directory, redid it all and again same thing.... POS STEAM DIE!!!!!! :mad:
 
man steam is so buggy. they really need to work on this if they are ever going to release hl2 through it seems like it was a stupid idea to release the neccesary patch and open the game for play at the same time. why not preload the patch too, and then open the game at a later time? silly valve...
 
Yeah they had all day to preload the patch and HL2 is about to preload too if the forums are to be believed. Its going to go to hell for days once that happens
 
i noticed that the game will start even though the content is only at like 80 percent. i think that a lot of the "bugs" that we are seeing are due to incomplete content. im just gunna let it complete before i mess with it too much more
 
Back
Top