Crysis Remastered

Ahahahaha (Stan laughing at Roger in American Dad)ahaha.....

What a perfect reflection for the current state of affairs of PC gaming. Simply embarrassing- all bark and no bite. Even a 10900k fails to hit 60 fps on a game that looks worse than the original in many areas.

How sad would it be if a Series S upscaled version of the X360 game looked and ran better than this garbage?!

Although I'm sure they will mostly focus on the graphical upgrades, I'm mostly looking forward to the performance enhancements on the newer engine since the original game is pretty much bottlenecked by only using 1-2 threads and is highely reliant on clock speed for performance. I just played the whole series for the first time earlier this year and both my CPU/GPU utilization was at like 30% while playing the game and frame rate varied wildly between 30-100+ FPS for me on a 2700X/2080 setup. Plus it was pretty unstable for me, crashing every so often despite downloading the 64-bit GoG files for my Steam version. The only thing that fixed the instability for me was lowering a couple of the IQ settings (can't remember which now..) or maybe running in DX 10 or 9 mode, whichever lowest one it supported.

Well looks like they didn't improve the one thing I was mostly looking forward to; performance (relative to the original settings at least). Extremely disappointed and amazed they could "remaster" a game of this caliber now and not utilize 6/12+ core/thread CPUs that are commonplace now. I'd actually go so far as to say it's unacceptable. I'm also surprised that out of that 37 min DF review of the game, they didn't once mention GPU utilization to show how much of a CPU bottleneck there is compared to the original one. That was pretty much the only metric I was looking forward to in the whole review.

I can't consider buying this anywhere near full price in this state and I highly doubt they're going to address the CPU bottlenecking issue in a patch when they've been working on it this long and didn't emphasize it at all during development. Probably the best we can hope for is more consistent RT performance since it causes constant hitching across all hardware configs.

I do have to add that I wasnt too blown away with the graphics and it wasn't exactly earth shattering for me.

I thought the entire purpose of Crysis was to run like trash and make you want new hardware. Even if what you have is brand new.

I find it hilarious, "Hey lets get the remastered version then turn graphic settings down to get it to run good"! That kind of defeats getting the updated version. 😁

I'm getting way better performance than that at 3440x1440.
Can you show gameplay and details?. There are drops to even 20 fps or 35fps with many enemies and big terrain to view like in 2 level.

Youtube the same performance like me, drops even to 20fps when large arena with large draw distance

Even on 10900K:

24:00

Last edited:
The games multi threading capability is non existent that is why the game performs like trash..... I refunded after 20 mins and went back to the 2007 original.

I don't know how they managed to go backwards since Crysis 3 scales really well with cores

This looks bad. Just an old engine remaster that doesn't take advantage of cores, or even threads on older cpus. Hard pass.

I was able to get 80fps when i turn all to medium ,rtx off,1440P. Even on high settings during large scenes battles dropping to 40-50 with rtx on.
I have 2080 ti and 9700k. Also vegetation to medium and water to medium give 20 fps boost lol

This remaster is like instead of going back to original film source (PC) they decided to instead just upscale the LaserDisc (x360/ps3) version instead and ad some half-baked cgi in post.

Going to rtx 3090 from 2080 ti will help here? I i i cant believe..i crying..my 2080 ti and 9700k that fps NOOOOOOOO!

Last edited:
They are not using Crytek 2. There is no excuse for this.

I'm no programmer so I don't now if that would be feasable to do, looks a lot like the C&C remaster thing from some time ago, guess there is an audience for it, not me though.

Remember mission RECOVERY? And that base near lake? Massive fps drops on all high. Drops to 20 fps even on high settings

I do have to add that I wasnt too blown away with the graphics and it wasn't exactly earth shattering for me.
Ridicilous. 35 fps even with raytracing off even on 1080P lol and gpu usage 60%.
Can you show gameplay and details?. There are drops to even 20 fps or 35fps with many enemies and big terrain to view like in 2 level.

Youtube the same performance like me, drops even to 20fps when large arena with large draw distance
. . . .
Some outstanding graphics with some letdowns as well. Here is mostly over 60fps, 1440p, with Ray Tracing, settings range from Can It run Crysis to medium. First system in sig. No problem keeping GPU loaded. Look at frame times, for the most part game is smooth. Keeping the vram usage below 8gb was one key for smooth game play. Just messing around here:

This game should be slamming the CPU as needed. I'd go ahead and refund if you bought it and aren't happy with the performance or scalability; I'll eat my D* if they actually fix the CPU utilization and performance improves.

*I'll eat a whole large bag of Doritos, and not that cool ranch crap, original flavor only.

This game should be slamming the CPU as needed. I'd go ahead and refund if you bought it and aren't happy with the performance or scalability; I'll eat my D* if they actually fix the CPU utilization and performance improves.

That is that quote of the year! I think I am going to save this one and give it a space in my signature.

*I'll eat a whole large bag of Doritos, and not that cool ranch crap, original flavor only.
Pegs my GPU, maybe I need a faster GPU. When I run out of vram is when GPU usage goes down. Some of the settings maybe just overkill giving very little benefit or less noticeable when used with huge hits in performance. I can get over 100fps with lower settings or resolution indicating not a CPU usage issue. Well take that back, more geometry requires more CPU usage so there is probably an unbalanced with scene complexity and CPU core usage. Having a blast in game, looks amazing, running smooth. Nope not refunding, besides only paid $20, EPIC had a $10 coupon on my account for whatever reason.

Anyway to improve fps? on 9700K and 2080ti. My fps even on all HIGH is sluggish in 2 mission,Recovery. 1440P or 1080P. I have drops t 30fps 40fps during large base fighti. I dont wanna play on all medium to get 60fps.

Anyway to improve fps? on 9700K and 2080ti. My fps even on all HIGH is sluggish in 2 mission,Recovery. 1440P or 1080P. I have drops t 30fps 40fps during large base fighti. I dont wanna play on all medium to get 60fps.
Too bad? You seem like the kind of guy that would rather have potato mode and 500 FPS as long as it says you are using "Ultra max superFX GFX" mode. Who cares what the settings say if you get the performance you want?

Too bad? You seem like the kind of guy that would rather have potato mode and 500 FPS as long as it says you are using "Ultra max superFX GFX" mode. Who cares what the settings say if you get the performance you want?
Yeah i know but medium its too low? On HIGH V.HIGH.and CAN IT RUN CRYSIS fps goes bad like 20-50fps.

Looking at RT here a little, there are 5 settings for Raytracing Quality, Off, Performance, High, Very High and Can It Run Crysis. Top left hand corner is FPS which you can see the impact for this one scene IQ wise and performance at that spot.

1st image is with RT quality Off, notice under the palet how it is lighted, the screen space reflections in this case is rather dirty overall throughout the scene, 68fps

NoRT.jpg
2nd Image is with RT set to Performance, notice the much improved lighting under the palet, throughout the room as well as better reflections, 51fps. This is the biggest jump from one setting to the next higher one for IQ

PerfRT.jpg
3rd, RT High, 33fps

HighRT.jpg
4th, RT Very High, 21fps

VeryHighRT.jpg
5th, RT Can It Run Crysis, 15fps

CanItRT.jpg

Performance RT for my setup is the sweet spot, runs well and makes the largest tangible difference for IQ. The difference above Performance just does not make as much impact in IQ but a huge impact in performance. Anything above High for IQ is marginal but water reflections do look better when on High or above, most other stuff is harder to find. I am getting over 60fps with a 5700 XT using RT performance with settings on previous video. With RT on high it varies much more, from 45 to low 60s but then it will dip into the 30s , still playable but not as smooth. This game eats vram, turn up the settings with much more level of detail, distance drawing and it will exceed my 8gb quickly at 1440p in which in Crysis Remaster it will thrump your frame rates all over the place (typical running out of vram behavior) with GPU usage doing the same. When set right, GPU usage is maxed out, smooth frame times etc.

Yeah i know but medium its too low? On HIGH V.HIGH.and CAN IT RUN CRYSIS fps goes bad like 20-50fps.
In my previous video has settings that on a 5700XT is over 60fps at 1440p. Try those out, game looks great.

In my previous video has settings that on a 5700XT is over 60fps at 1440p. Try those out, game looks great.
How much fps you had in MISSION 2 recovery. In that large base with many enemies near bridge and lake. Fps tanks so much there for me. I must to play on MEDIUM to get 80fps all the way.

How much fps you had in MISSION 2 recovery. In that large base with many enemies near bridge and lake. Fps tanks so much there for me. I must to play on MEDIUM to get 80fps all the way.
Have you tried it? With those settings it has been smooth sailing just before the excavation site, that fire fight through large base up to the tank scene. Tank scene I am getting 70fps+. I have not tried it yet on my 1080Ti's.

Have you tried it? With those settings it has been smooth sailing just before the excavation site, that fire fight through large base up to the tank scene. Tank scene I am getting 70fps+. I have not tried it yet on my 1080Ti's.
Everyone getting the same performance like me only you getting awesome fps . Weird. I dont tell you i not believe you. But look here.
4k. V.HIGH. 30fps

1:13:07 even 28 fps

Last edited:
Some outstanding graphics with some letdowns as well. Here is mostly over 60fps, 1440p, with Ray Tracing, settings range from Can It run Crysis to medium. First system in sig. No problem keeping GPU loaded. Look at frame times, for the most part game is smooth. Keeping the vram usage below 8gb was one key for smooth game play. Just messing around here:

Um, at 2:06, why? Lol

Even on 10900K:

24:00

Evidently, the first level runs better than the rest of the game. That's all I've done so far. I haven't had much time to play it. Nor much desire. I'll look into the performance more as I'm going to test it in an upcoming motherboard review, but right now I have spent all of about 15 minutes in the game.

After 2 mission i must turn RAYTRACING to off, to run smoothly 50-60+fps with V.HIGH lol. So i guess rtx 3090 needed

Back