Crysis Remastered Trilogy

its good with dlss on 3080

I have actually Gigabyte Gaming Rtx 3090 so no problems. I decided to buy Crysis 3 RM instead of 2 Crysis RM. Because 3 looking better hehe ;)

I have a question. Is this a must to download drivers for Crysis Remaster 3 or just i can stay with current ? I have few months old drivers.

If you don't notice any issues or anomalies then you shouldn't need to update your drivers. I haven't updated mine in quite a few months, either, but I don't plan on getting these games.

Ok i downloaded Crysis 3 remaster ,looks like original Crysis 3 lol. But anyway i bought and i will be have in library. Fps is good on 1440P with DLSS Quality.

Last edited:
When i was playing i had some artifacts flicker for 1 second. I mean some lines flicker for 1 second. And was fine again. Is this card issue or game engine?

When i was playing i had some artifacts flicker for 1 second. I mean some lines flicker for 1 second. And was fine again. Is this card issue or game engine?
Those original games have always had some flickering in spots and it sounds about right that they did not fix it on the remaster. You should buy a new video card just in case though...

Those original games have always had some flickering in spots and it sounds about right that they did not fix it on the remaster. You should buy a new video card just in case though...
it happened once.

ANy low GPU usage issues with these titles? Because the first game had this issue which was really annoying resulting in framerate drops and inconsistent performance everywhere.

Crysis 2 + Crysis 3 Remastered PC Deep Dive - Every Enhancement Detailed + Tested!

Crysis 2 Remaster sounds like it has the biggest improvements...Crysis 3 Remaster is also better but not to the degree of Crysis 2 (it didn't need it as the tech was already pretty soild) but both sound much better then Crysis 1 Remastered

I turned off ray tracing and have 100-150fps without see differences on 3090.

I turned off ray tracing and have 100-150fps without see differences on 3090.
Crytek's pixel shaded "ray tracing" just isn't that good. It would have been better had they just implemented DXR. They are just using Vulkan-RT to accelerate the pixel shader, so it's still not a real ray tracing process.

Crysis remastered some textures and RT added,no real difference from original. There are some heavy FPS drops when playing with RT on,so same old,same old crap.
With that said,game still looks great but I am real tired of buying all these Crysis games on different platforms and retail.This is the last Crysis game I buy.Well maybe if 4 comes out lol.

Anyway I used my EPIC coupon available to all until nov 29 2021 to get Crysis 2 Remastered cheap.
Not sure if I am going to keep playing the game,it just lost all that good feelings for me.I did play through Crysis Remastered with my own mods and others and it turned out fine after a rough start without mods.

Lots of random fps drops here even when the gpu is not even close to maxed out. And the game is a performance hog yet the visuals are not really impressive.

Lots of random fps drops here even when the gpu is not even close to maxed out. And the game is a performance hog yet the visuals are not really impressive.
Which game? There are three being talked about here.

Which game? There are three being talked about here.
Sorry I was referring to the 2nd game. The 1st remastered game is still pure unoptimized garbage like the original as no pc in existence can hold 60 fps due to how cpu limited it is unless you turn down a few settings several notches. I have not tried the 3rd game yet.

Sorry I was referring to the 2nd game. The 1st remastered game is still pure unoptimized garbage like the original as no pc in existence can hold 60 fps due to how cpu limited it is unless you turn down a few settings several notches. I have not tried the 3rd game yet.
Ahhh, gotcha. I was considering buying #2 remastered but I think I'll pass.

Ahhh, gotcha. I was considering buying #2 remastered but I think I'll pass.
At 1440p with ray tracing on just high not very high and DLSS on quality there are some places where its hitting close to 99% usage on a 3070 running at 1950/15000. The random fps drops dont seem to coincide with the demanding spots though so not sure what's causing them. It does eat a lot of vram as it sits around 7900 mb but every now and then it drops to around 6200 and then starts filling up again. That seems like some insane vram usage for a remastered 10.5 year old game. One thing that looks really bad here is that the bricks are just a flat texture in the remastered where as in the original game they had tessellation.

Bought Crysis 3, game runs ok, at least it's performance is much better than the first game, no performance drops or low GPU usage.

However, everytime when I open the game, the settings will default to 4K@60Hz and I'm running at 4K@120Hz and I must go to the settings all the time to change this which is rather annoying.

Didn't buy Crysis 2 and I cannot comment on the game.

I'm interested in picking this up but with the Epic Holiday Sale not too far off I'm fine with waiting a bit

Well not sure if any are alive,I posted this on a video I did a couple days ago.Just 7 Crysis 2 CD keys for free on limited edition game.If you do not have original game might be worth a shot on origin

I just learned that the Remaster of the first game is available to Game Pass users. It doesn't seem to be listed in the actual Game Pass app, but if you open up the EA Desktop app, it's there and at no additional cost. I haven't had time to test anything out yet, but it seems to at least fire up and run normally.

I just learned that the Remaster of the first game is available to Game Pass users. It doesn't seem to be listed in the actual Game Pass app, but if you open up the EA Desktop app, it's there and at no additional cost. I haven't had time to test anything out yet, but it seems to at least fire up and run normally.
It's available through EA Play, which Game Pass for PC subscribers get at no additional cost. Console users need Game Pass Ultimate to get EA Play. I don't think Microsoft announces EA Play releases, and it seems like EA themselves were rather quiet about it.

It's available through EA Play, which Game Pass for PC subscribers get at no additional cost. Console users need Game Pass Ultimate to get EA Play. I don't think Microsoft announces EA Play releases, and it seems like EA themselves were rather quiet about it.
I saw something in my newsfeed about it from PC Gamer magazine. Go figure.

Performance-wise, I have found a sweet spot with setting objects, vegetation, RT, and shadows to "high." DLSS is set to quality. I have the experimental RT function enabled, too. Everything else is cranked. That seems to produce 4K/60fps consistently throughout the first level. Graphics-wise, it's weird. Some things (shadows, lighting, water, and anything distant) look great, and other things look very angular and old. It's an older title, so I get that...but it's stranger than I expected. No clue if I'll actually replay it or not, but it's fun to revisit a title that was THE benchmark for something like 10 years. I already noticed that it's too hard to play with a gamepad. They're expecting twitchy aiming for sure. I haven't played anything KB/M style in a while, but I luckily have some level of muscle memory.

1638422070329.png

Just popping by to see if this game still only uses two threads.

View attachment 417714

Just popping by to see if this game still only uses two threads.
It may use more than two threads but it still has unbelievably piss poor CPU optimization. If you don't lower the settings that impact the CPU at least a couple notches then you'll stand no chance of maintaining 60 FPS with any current CPU.

For me, I'm happy if a game runs like absolute trash IF the visuals and complexity of the game justify it. Like if you were to make a time machine and go into the future and grab a game from 2045 and bring it back, you bet it would run like trash all maxed out on today's hardware, it was designed for the hardware found in the future.

But a ~15 year old game with some improved textures and post processing? That should be absolutely FLYING on today's hardware. If its running like trash, and both my CPU and my GPU have ANY cycles free, then I'm calling BS. If the justification for it's existence is that the original has issues running on today's hardware and software, then THAT SHOULD BE WHAT'S FOCUSED ON.

Got a surprise when I went to test play Crysis Remastered on a tough map to run on any GPU at 4k on RTX 4090.Incredible FPS was the result.Never thought I would see this day.

I thought this would be showing up on Steam since the 1-year exclusivity deal with Epic is now over

I thought this would be showing up on Steam since the 1-year exclusivity deal with Epic is now over
I always have a laugh when people have crazy computers that are powerful and complain that not all PC games are released on steam,there are words for people who want monopolies.

I always have a laugh when people have crazy computers that are powerful and complain that not all PC games are released on steam,there are words for people who want monopolies.

I don't have any issues with the Epic Store...usually Epic has 1-year exclusivity deals and October 15th 2021 was the date it was released...just thought it would be made available on Steam by now

Last edited:
I'd be happy to buy it on any store it comes out on, except for Epic Game Store.

2 & 3 come out November 17 on Steam

pretty good price

The trilogy will be priced at $49.99, though a 40% launch sale will drop that to $29.99 for seven days following launch...those with the first Crysis Remastered on Steam will get 55% off instead

Never bothered with 2 or 3, except a stint on MP.

Loved 1 and warhead. Maybe they can re re release 1 in the future with warhead. Worked for skyrim lol

Back