Crysis Beta Release 3 on FP

does anyone else get missing textures for the first few seconds after they conect? kind of like your vid car is drawing things fast enough.

i thought it was my vid card overclocking so i went back to stock speeds still the same thing. everything starts off as yellow and green blocky looking and then everything comes into place they way it should look.

sorry i never got a screenie of it.

Mac[X-D];1031489426 said:
does anyone else get missing textures for the first few seconds after they conect? kind of like your vid car is drawing things fast enough.

i thought it was my vid card overclocking so i went back to stock speeds still the same thing. everything starts off as yellow and green blocky looking and then everything comes into place they way it should look.

One of two things:

1. It's just what happens whenever you enter a new game - it takes a few seconds to draw everything in your spawn room, and then it's smooth sailing from there.

2. Apparently when you first start playing the beta, during your first few matches the shaders are dynamically created while you play (there will be a teapot symbol in the upper left) with missing yellow textures and stuff. Should go away after playing for a while.

Mac[X-D];1031489426 said:

I have the same thing except after about 30-45 seconds I get a crash to desktop with a Fatal Exception error :confused:

I'm using the latest Catalyst 7.9 drivers with Vista x64

This patch gave me a major performance boost. I'm extremely surprised at how well Crysis is running on my system.

a torrent is probably faster, i got if from FP and it took about a hour and a half bouncing from 200~350kbps.

This patch gave me a major performance boost. I'm extremely surprised at how well Crysis is running on my system.

What kind of framerates are you getting? With the Beta2 on my Go 7950 GTX (= desktop 7950 GT) I had to put it at 1024x768 and medium settings and was still barely sustaining 30 FPS.

I'm really hoping to be able to do something like 1280x800 and mostly high/some medium settings by the time the game is finally released...

One of two things:

1. It's just what happens whenever you enter a new game - it takes a few seconds to draw everything in your spawn room, and then it's smooth sailing from there.

2. Apparently when you first start playing the beta, during your first few matches the shaders are dynamically created while you play (there will be a teapot symbol in the upper left) with missing yellow textures and stuff. Should go away after playing for a while.

i never notice the teapot symbol, but thanks for the info. i hate to say it but i am happy to see others having the same issue, thought maybe i had pushed my card too much and it was dying.

except for the texture issue and my card being clocked at stock speeds it seem to be smoother for me as well.

I believe the yellow blocks happen because you turn on AA and the MP Beta does not support it/its fucked up.

Thats what someone told me at least.

I believe the yellow blocks happen because you turn on AA and the MP Beta does not support it/its fucked up.

I made sure AA was off and I turned all the settings to their lowest, still crashing :mad:

people were saying the same shit on the server i was on. i was not attempting AA and was still getting yellow blocks. Definitely has to do with the shader optimizations they are trying with this beta. i did NOT get this with the 2nd release beta. it goes away after a while and i've learned to ignore it.

1920 x 1200 is the highest for me on my 3007WFP-HC as well for 16:10

I am trying to download this right now, do i need a key for it? if yes where can i get one?

Someone needs to answer my question.

Because i looked over in FP, it say you need to pay to be FP member to be able to get a Beta Key...do I need that for this download?

Got in on the BETA. The first few servers I joined everything was glitchy and f*cked up looking. Then all of a sudden everything was nice and smooth. Seems like the longer I played the better it ran.

pretty cool game so far, running at 1440x900 medium settings with my rig and its very much playable at 25-35fps outdoors.

Here's some from the release 2 beta (release 3 will look the same). 1680x1050 MEDIUM settings:

Crysis2007-09-2118-38-02-39.jpg

Crysis2007-09-2118-42-19-07.jpg

Crysis2007-09-2118-42-27-34.jpg

Crysis2007-09-2118-42-43-51.jpg

Crysis2007-09-2118-43-18-09.jpg

are u forcing AA or using in game settings?

Read the beta forums for the detailed explanation as to why there are yellow blocks, but just know they will go away after a match or two. Don't want to break NDA by saying anything else :).

I have it downloaded but I have no key. I thought this was open to all now. If so how do I obtain a key. I was installing and got to enter serial key page and what like......ah sh%$. Can someone help me here?

It's open meaning anyone can join. But it's pretty much "closed" now cause all keys are gone. Basically they're bastards. ;)

It's open meaning anyone can join. But it's pretty much "closed" now cause all keys are gone. Basically they're bastards. ;)

Batch 4 of the keys still not released.

But they only give out keys to subscribers of Fileplanet, this is BS

getting crazy graphical glitches, basicly everything is blue and yellow and flat... no textures and im a yellow flat guy rinning in space.

Just tried the game out, it ran ok...

System is:

Intel E6600
2 gigs of ram
10k raptor hd
2x 8800 GTX

I had the game detect optimal settings, and it maxed everything out. Got into a map, was missing textures for the first 30 secs-1 min. Ran pretty choppy at times. Knocked the settings down a bit (1 notch down on resolution and 2x AA), it ran a bit better.

Didn't enjoy the gameplay at all though... probably won't be picking this up

Just tried the game out, it ran ok...

System is:

Intel E6600
2 gigs of ram
10k raptor hd
2x 8800 GTX

I had the game detect optimal settings, and it maxed everything out. Got into a map, was missing textures for the first 30 secs-1 min. Ran pretty choppy at times. Knocked the settings down a bit (1 notch down on resolution and 2x AA), it ran a bit better.

Didn't enjoy the gameplay at all though... probably won't be picking this up

keep in mind that this is (1) a BETA and (2) only represents the MP portion of Crysis. You may still enjoy the SP.

I really hope that they really kick up the optimization for this on the final release.

I really hope that they really kick up the optimization for this on the final release.
I'm not a programmer, but I'm not sure what level of optimization a few weeks is going to give us (assuming they're still targeting November). From what I've seen, I'd like to see Crysis running at least 25% faster than it is currently.

There are two important factors here: A) this is a TWIMTBP game, which means Crytek is working with NVIDIA internally on shader program optimization. I don't think we can expect much more given the circumstances -- the shaders should be pretty much complete at this point in development. B) We're already seeing evidence of NVIDIA pushing their drivers very hard for these betas. My guess is that the drivers are pretty much where they're going to be at release, perhaps even slightly backed down from their current point.

I honestly don't believe there's much left at this point.

1900 by xxxx I think?
Uh...well, okay.

Can you verify that SLi is working?

Uh...well, okay.

Can you verify that SLi is working?

Hmm, I reinstalled windows and got a newer version of Nvidia Control panel (1.4.13.09) when I downloaded the drivers. With the old version there was a tab that was for enabling SLI, but I can't seem to find it in this version.

Whats another way to see if it is enabled?

*edit*

I opened fraps and went back in to check some stuff...

This is how its running when im outside driving in a truck

1920x1080 = 10-25 fps
1680x1050 = 20-40 fps real jumpy
1600x1200 = same as above
1600x1024 = 30 fps, pretty stable

Doesnt that seem low?

Back