Crysis BETA on FP

while it's a cool engine, i can't help but feel that multiplayer is just...generic. blegh.
 
The Multiplayer is about what I expected. The maps are too large for the number of players to get a good fight going. I have not spent enough time with it otherwise.
 
ya map is too big and there are simply too many capture poinst on the map for amount of ppl server can handle
 
ya map is too big and there are simply too many capture poinst on the map for amount of ppl server can handle

I remember the same issues with FarCry. All the bigger maps became extreme sniper maps and servers eventually all went to Push style CTF or maps with only 3 flags.

Cant wait for the demo next week, hopefully it will have multiplayer capability's.
 
people are getting 10-20 and sometimes double the fps in XP compared to Vista. anyone wanna try it and let use know? i might actually but im kinda lazy.
 
The demo i will be installing on both, i would like to take advantage of the 64bit optimizations that hopefully will be included with the demo but what OS I play it on will depend on performance not DX10 extras. I guess you could call that a benifit of not having a DX10 video card.
 
people are getting 10-20 and sometimes double the fps in XP compared to Vista. anyone wanna try it and let use know? i might actually but im kinda lazy.

I'll attest to that. I had Vista on my rig:

C2D 4300 @ 3.0GHz
2GB RAM
7600GT
74 Raptor

and with all low settings, I got an average of 15-20FPS. I got pissed off at Vista for something else (long story) and reinstalled my copy of XP Pro. Now I get anywhere from 40-60FPS with a mix of settings (textures high, water high, everything else is medium or low). The Shaders option is what bogs a system down big time so that's definitely on low.

If you look at the Beta readme, the Beta is NOT supported for Vista but only for XP. Maybe that will tell everyone something. The Beta is NOT DX10 either for those who didn't know so Vista won't help you there.

Crysis is forcing me a little to upgrade to a 8800GTS 640MB card here right before launch date. But keep in mind that this is only a Beta. The SP demo (demo = mirroring the final product for the most part) will give us better benchmarks and performance. The MP Beta still has some bugs to work out for sure.
 
The shaders need optimizing for sure. The game will be killer after they tweak it quite a bit but DAMN is it going to look AMAZING. The effects are the best ever and the sound should be really good once they work out the kinks. It is an early beta so I will be surprised if it is completely done by launch but it is playable now. When I say playable I mean it doesn't crash all the time but there are some serious fps dips even for me with my pretty fast 6400 @ 3 with 2GB ram at 800ddr so fsb is waaaay up there and a 8800GTX at 620/2000, 74 gb raptor and x-fi fatality. I do get as high as 80 fps at 1920x1200 with medium settings and no aa but it dips to the teens and average fps is below 30.
 
I'll attest to that. I had Vista on my rig:

C2D 4300 @ 3.0GHz
2GB RAM
7600GT
74 Raptor

and with all low settings, I got an average of 15-20FPS. I got pissed off at Vista for something else (long story) and reinstalled my copy of XP Pro. Now I get anywhere from 40-60FPS with a mix of settings (textures high, water high, everything else is medium or low). The Shaders option is what bogs a system down big time so that's definitely on low.

If you look at the Beta readme, the Beta is NOT supported for Vista but only for XP. Maybe that will tell everyone something. The Beta is NOT DX10 either for those who didn't know so Vista won't help you there.

Crysis is forcing me a little to upgrade to a 8800GTS 640MB card here right before launch date. But keep in mind that this is only a Beta. The SP demo (demo = mirroring the final product for the most part) will give us better benchmarks and performance. The MP Beta still has some bugs to work out for sure.


NOT supported in Vista? realy? well that explains alot.well im gonna give XP a try then, maybe ill keep my 2900 XT after all.
 
NOT supported in Vista? realy? well that explains alot.well im gonna give XP a try then, maybe ill keep my 2900 XT after all.

Yup, FilePlanet gives that warning before you get your beta key too (I'm pretty sure). It's convinced me to stick with XP for another year until better hardware comes out.
 
In light of the recent demo delay news, i thought I would post a few screens from the MP beta. Settings are at what's playable for me: 1680x1050, medium settings, no aa/af. Framerates average high 30's to low 40's. It looks like it's utilizing all 4 cores, ram usage is around 1.2Gb total with some background sh!t running.(Images are compressed)

Crysis2007-09-2118-38-02-39.jpg


Crysis2007-09-2118-42-19-07.jpg


Crysis2007-09-2118-42-27-34.jpg


Crysis2007-09-2118-42-43-51.jpg


Crysis2007-09-2118-43-18-09.jpg
 
In light of the recent demo delay news, i thought I would post a few screens from the MP beta. Settings are at what's playable for me: 1680x1050, medium settings, no aa/af. Framerates average high 30's to low 40's. It looks like it's utilizing all 4 cores, ram usage is around 1.2Gb total with some background sh!t running.(Images are compressed)

I'm running the same exact settings, res and everything you are and I get 15-30 fps outside, 35-50 inside. I think our difference is your running winXP? and I'm running vista x64. I could actually enjoy this game if I was getting 30+ frames. I think the game is pretty good but the performance puts a bottleneck on the fun factor. Wish there was something I could do, I'm running the 163.69 drivers, I tried several different resolutions and none helped, I tryed low/med/high sound quality
 
I'm running the same exact settings, res and everything you are and I get 15-30 fps outside, 35-50 inside. I think our difference is your running winXP? and I'm running vista x64. I could actually enjoy this game if I was getting 30+ frames. I think the game is pretty good but the performance puts a bottleneck on the fun factor. Wish there was something I could do, I'm running the 163.69 drivers, I tried several different resolutions and none helped, I tryed low/med/high sound quality

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1224229
 
just got in 4th round beta downloading now

Congrats. I'm curious to see how it runs on your system so be sure to post back with your performance. This beta is addictive...pretty much havent stopped playing it since I downloaded it. Happy fragging.
 
ok i just tried the beta on a fresh install of XP 64 and i get 5-10 more fps, which is alot considering how low it already runs. before i was getting average of 17 fps outdoors, now its about 25 average. so it runs about 50% faster on XP. but im sure this wont be the case in final release when vista will be officialy supported.
 
If anybody cares. I am having issues with temps on my 8800gtx, however.
Game runs pretty good now on Vista 64. I am getting good FPS unless I make a really sharp turn, it drops to low 20's but comes back up. Due to my GFX card, I start getting artifacting, but that is not anybody's fault, not yet at lkeast.
 
If anybody cares. I am having issues with temps on my 8800gtx, however.
Game runs pretty good now on Vista 64. I am getting good FPS unless I make a really sharp turn, it drops to low 20's but comes back up. Due to my GFX card, I start getting artifacting, but that is not anybody's fault, not yet at lkeast.

I would think the poor performance is probably due to you out of date hardware in your computer. Im sure you can still run windows 95, but vista 64 requires a little more.


On a serious note, I am running most settings at high and have the same problem. Im pretty sure this is just a beta glitch and it will be fixed in the final version. I have reported it though. Also, the artifacting is common, as I know more than 5 people that are having the same exact ones.
 
I would think the poor performance is probably due to you out of date hardware in your computer. Im sure you can still run windows 95, but vista 64 requires a little more.


uh did you look at his sig? its not that out of date....
 
I would think the poor performance is probably due to you out of date hardware in your computer. Im sure you can still run windows 95, but vista 64 requires a little more.


On a serious note, I am running most settings at high and have the same problem. Im pretty sure this is just a beta glitch and it will be fixed in the final version. I have reported it though. Also, the artifacting is common, as I know more than 5 people that are having the same exact ones.

haha, well artifacting is gone, I managed to lower my vid card temperatures by a significant amount, now it is all gravy. With everything on high it is decent, not the smoothest thing ever, but enjoyable.
 
Back
Top