Crysis BETA on FP

For anyone still doubting the graphics .. if these videos from the MP beta don't shut you up, you're hopeless - this is about as good as graphics get.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625674/Crysis-demo-720p
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625565/Crysis-multiplayer-demo-720p-fullscreen
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1626696/Crysis-demo-multiplayer-720p-90-mb-fullscreen

These are all streaming .. the last one is best by far, but they are all sexy. How can any of you say these graphics look bad after seeing these videos?

Believe me, watch them and learn. This game still looks as good as ever.. and this is just DX9 with Ultra settings greyed out. ;)
 
For anyone still doubting the graphics .. if these videos from the MP beta don't shut you up, you're hopeless - this is about as good as graphics get.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625674/Crysis-demo-720p
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625565/Crysis-multiplayer-demo-720p-fullscreen
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1626696/Crysis-demo-multiplayer-720p-90-mb-fullscreen

These are all streaming .. the last one is best by far, but they are all sexy. How can any of you say these graphics look bad after seeing these videos?

Believe me, watch them and learn. This game still looks as good as ever.. and this is just DX9 with Ultra settings greyed out. ;)

They all look good but that last one....WOW! Very nice!

Can't wait for the demo :)
 
For anyone still doubting the graphics .. if these videos from the MP beta don't shut you up, you're hopeless - this is about as good as graphics get.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625674/Crysis-demo-720p
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625565/Crysis-multiplayer-demo-720p-fullscreen
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1626696/Crysis-demo-multiplayer-720p-90-mb-fullscreen

These are all streaming .. the last one is best by far, but they are all sexy. How can any of you say these graphics look bad after seeing these videos?

Believe me, watch them and learn. This game still looks as good as ever.. and this is just DX9 with Ultra settings greyed out. ;)

Those look pretty awesome, actually. I'm sure that whatever we see will not only be improved upon by the final release (as far as performance goes) but also DX10 and the interactivity/destructability.
 
I understand that, but calling something an NDA doesn't mean it's a legally binding NDA. I could write "fuck lol" on a piece of paper, call it an NDA and have you sign it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's valid or enforceable from a legal perspective. Do you "sign" the NDA, or are you just presented with it? (and can you PM it to me?)

Until indicated otherwise, I'm assuming this NDA is about as legally valid as one's last will and testament written on a napkin. I'd assume that EA might be busy shooting out cease and desist letters, but I certainly don't see any lawsuits from it.

I didnt say they would attempt to do anything legal about it. Its about having a backbone, and doing the right thing. Not posting about it on some forum, trying to be cool in front of people you dont know by posting pics. Its about helping finding bugs, and not talking about it outside of the official beta forums. People cry about bugs in games, yet when given the opportunity to help in the cause, they're trying to be e-cool, and dont actually help.

Obviously nobody cares, and this thread is pretty useless.
 
For anyone still doubting the graphics .. if these videos from the MP beta don't shut you up, you're hopeless - this is about as good as graphics get.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625674/Crysis-demo-720p
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1625565/Crysis-multiplayer-demo-720p-fullscreen
http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/video/1626696/Crysis-demo-multiplayer-720p-90-mb-fullscreen

These are all streaming .. the last one is best by far, but they are all sexy. How can any of you say these graphics look bad after seeing these videos?

Believe me, watch them and learn. This game still looks as good as ever.. and this is just DX9 with Ultra settings greyed out. ;)

Yep that last one looks great! Downloaded it first since people were raving about it heheh
 
I didnt say they would attempt to do anything legal about it. Its about having a backbone, and doing the right thing. Not posting about it on some forum, trying to be cool in front of people you dont know by posting pics. Its about helping finding bugs, and not talking about it outside of the official beta forums. People cry about bugs in games, yet when given the opportunity to help in the cause, they're trying to be e-cool, and dont actually help.

Obviously nobody cares, and this thread is pretty useless.

Actually, this thread is pretty useful to clear up some of the confusion to why the graphics look bad and find more information about the demo. No one cares about a NDA when thousands of people are playing and when EA pulls the usual group with fileplanet and make some cash getting people to signup to beta test their game, they can shove that NDA right up the _____.


As for why the game looks bad, well its multiplayer mode which tones down alot of the graphics, The video settings have a setting limit cap of high, ultra high is disabled. No DX10 which means since its multiplayer the environment is not dynamic. On DX10 singleplayer and multiplayer are both dynamic, DX9 is dynamic only in single player. The beta was meant for testing stability and balance, not for looking like hot stuff. They probably toned down the textures on everything to keep the file size down, and again they are not looking to see how pretty it looks. I'm drawing my conclusion on the game when the demo comes out, and hopefully it will come in DX9/DX10 because it would be a huge let down if they left out DX10.
 
Amazing videos :)... I knew it was good, but to see it like that without even maxed settings = INCREDIBLE! I can't wait for this game :D.
 
I have, gameplay is ok, I mean if the fps wasn't so erratic then 30fps would feel smooth, but I don't know there are NO physics what so ever, so I am gonna wait for the actual demo

also Ultra settings are disabled and DX10 abilities are also disabled so I mean a GTX in SLI should do High settings...15fps is not acceptable

Why do you assume a GTX setup is able to do high in this game, which can create far more realistic environments than any previous one? Why, because you're used to just selecting max settings and playing on older games? I know I am too, but it's visual quality and game engine that determines how well it's going to run, and they are sky high, so high even a GTX rig won't be able to max it out fully at any higher resolution.
 
Wow, I would have thought by now someone would have stepped up and told us if it's any fun.

Anyone have any idea when the next round of Beta keys go out? I waited around at 5:30 today but it never happened :(. I doubt my current system will play it with any kind of respectable settings, but I'm eager to see how it handles from a gameplay perspective.
 
This is, in fact, a far cry from what many of us expected. (see pictures in above post)

I know. I was kidding. I just threw these screenshots just to show that they look better than previous Crysis in this thread.
 
Those video links... well at least a 8800GTX will be able to play the game maxed at 1280x720 with 30+FPS. That's a start..
 
This is strange. People with 7950 cards are reporting better performance than 8800GTX users. Maybe there's a card specific performance issue in the beta, or maybe it's designed with multi-gpu setups in mind. It should run better than 15 fps on an 8800GTX, no doubt about that.
 
This is strange. People with 7950 cards are reporting better performance than 8800GTX users. Maybe there's a card specific performance issue in the beta, or maybe it's designed with multi-gpu setups in mind. It should run better than 15 fps on an 8800GTX, no doubt about that.

Probably the drivers. We should see some new beta drivers when the demo is released (which is what always happens).
 
I'm interested on how this sucker will run on the 1950xtx, I hope be well enough so i dont run out and buy a 8800 out of impulse.
 
Actually, this thread is pretty useful to clear up some of the confusion to why the graphics look bad and find more information about the demo. No one cares about a NDA when thousands of people are playing and when EA pulls the usual group with fileplanet and make some cash getting people to signup to beta test their game, they can shove that NDA right up the _____.

There is no confusion about the graphics. Stop crying about FP. Dont like it? Dont pay use their services. Pretty simple.

On behalf of Crytek and EA we ask you to not post any content if you signed up for the Beta. It is a closed event and is covered by a NDA you have accepted during the sign-up process. Posting screenshots, videos or other internal information from the Beta is a violation of the NDA and will cause in an immediate and permanent ban from the Beta program.


As a Fan & Community Site we ask you to monitor your forums and chime in when necessary. Also please do not post any news on your site that includes internal information from the Beta. Even though the interest from the public audience in such an event is greater than expected, we still do not want to see internal information on a public forum or web site.


The whole Community Team has tons of exclusive information and content available for the Crysis community during the whole Beta program. So be prepared for some exciting weeks and please respect the rules of the NDA.


So that’s it from our side. Thanks a lot for giving us the opportunity to write this email to you. We hope the hot topics got clarified now.

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=470

You are not allowed to post magazine scans either. [H] can get in trouble for this, but its pretty obvious people dont care, and are too busy trying to impress people they've never met and trying to be cool.
 
Am I the only one who notice that a lot of the dymanic shadows aren't showing up? Even in DX9 official screens I notices way more dynamic shadows. In the beta it seems to be hit or miss as to weather they get drawn. A LOT of things that should, including building don't seem to be casting proper shadows.

EDIT: About the NDA, Cryteck was incredibly naive to thing that it would be respected off of a File Planet beta. Also, we've already seen every thing in the beta so far, the only info that anyone cares about it how it is running so far on everyone's PC. Thirdly, you have to sign the NDA for it to apply to you, ie. be a member of the beta.
 
Am I the only one who notice that a lot of the dymanic shadows aren't showing up? Even in DX9 official screens I notices way more dynamic shadows. In the beta it seems to be hit or miss as to weather they get drawn. A LOT of things that should, including building don't seem to be casting proper shadows.

EDIT: About the NDA, Cryteck was incredibly naive to thing that it would be respected off of a File Planet beta. Also, we've already seen every thing in the beta so far, the only info that anyone cares about it how it is running so far on everyone's PC. Thirdly, you have to sign the NDA for it to apply to you, ie. be a member of the beta.

So send in a bug report? Thats what betas are for after all.
 
So send in a bug report? Thats what betas are for after all.

Nah, just complain about the beta, list off all the bugs on a forum rather than in a report and then declare weather you will or won't buy the game... Oh and also bitch about fileplanet as well cause you aren't a subscriber. :D
 
obviously this beta wasnt meant to show off the games graphics. we've all seen this game looking amazing in videos and running well on actual pc's. everyone chill out...
 
So send in a bug report? Thats what betas are for after all.

I'm not in the beta. I'm just telling everyone who was freaking out about the screenshots that it's probably just a shadow bug. So many people do not understand what beta means.
 
I am going to wait until next year to get better PC so i can play the game in full setting okayly :eek:
 
EDIT: About the NDA, Cryteck was incredibly naive to thing that it would be respected off of a File Planet beta. Also, we've already seen every thing in the beta so far, the only info that anyone cares about it how it is running so far on everyone's PC. Thirdly, you have to sign the NDA for it to apply to you, ie. be a member of the beta.
The beta going on right now is meant for internal testing with EA and Crytek friends and families, with an extremely limited amount of keys going to some Founders' Club members. The more open beta will be released once they get some of the bugs worked out and fix some things.
 
obviously this beta wasnt meant to show off the games graphics. we've all seen this game looking amazing in videos and running well on actual pc's. everyone chill out...

QFT... but, it is surprising that, all of things, the graphics would take that much of a hit with a game that's so close to being released that has the visual quality we've all seen in vids, screens etc. which is one of it's biggest achievements.
 
QFT... but, it is surprising that, all of things, the graphics would take that much of a hit with a game that's so close to being released that has the visual quality we've all seen in vids, screens etc. which is one of it's biggest achievements.

Probably because they didn't include the high detailed textures in a download only beta that was released so they could test the net code.
 
Probably because they didn't include the high detailed textures in a download only beta that was released so they could test the net code.

Right, makes sense... it was just surprising to see when you weren't ready for it ;)

I'm sure the demo will be far more akin (if not exactly up-to-par) to the full game's graphics.
 
Beta2 came out today, still need a key.

nothing major it looks like in the fixes, most of the fixes were minor.
 
And here I sit, with my paid Fileplanet account, still betaless.

Here's a rundown of how Fileplanet operates:

"Aww man, doesn't this beta look great? It's so much fun, and you've been wanting to play it forever. All you have to do is give us a little bit of cash, and you can play in this beta right now! Then, when that next great game comes along and you're dying to play it, you'll already have your account and you'll be ready to play it right away!"

A couple months later:

"Wow, that next great game's beta is here, and you've got your Fileplanet account already so you can get in on it right away. Here, take this beta key, it will allow you to...uh...wait a second there, you haven't upgraded your Fileplanet account to the super premium version yet have you? Oh, well we can't really give you this key yet. I mean, unless you want to give us some more money? We promise this time we're for real, you only have to pay this much more and the next time a new beta comes along you'll get into it guaranteed. What's that, you don't want to pay more money? Alright, well we'll probably have a key for you eventually, don't worry about it."

One day later.

Two days later.

Three days later.

"Hey man, you sure you don't want to pay just a little bit more to play now? No? It's really fun though, you're really missing out. Still no? Alright, well, maybe some new keys will come along soon, we can't promise anything though. Good luck!"
 
And here I sit, with my paid Fileplanet account, still betaless.

Here's a rundown of how Fileplanet operates:

<snip>

:D

At least the demo will be out in less than two weeks.


Also, I think there are four stages to this beta so you *might* get a key in the next beta stage.
 
Dx 10, but the has low resolution in the shadows and some aliasing

tahiti2.jpg

thats photorealistic! :p
 
I have the Founder's Club fileplanet subscription from my cable service, but I missed the first batch of keys /cry :(. Wish the second one would come already, I want to play badly :D (and bug-hunt :p )!
 
I have the Founder's Club fileplanet subscription from my cable service, but I missed the first batch of keys /cry :(. Wish the second one would come already, I want to play badly :D (and bug-hunt :p )!

Yeah, I have founder's club for free through comcast. I also missed the first batch.
 
Exclusive! Damn File Planet to the deepest darkest corner of hell!

Ah, who am I kidding? With an X1800XT, it's hardly worth downloading the demo.

your point is? zilch i got the same card also and not planning on upgrading for little more before i can scrounge up money and get a 360 first
 
Why is are they choosing to wait so long to release the 2nd batch? I mean, isn't there a demo coming out on the 25th? If you did the math from the 10th, then they should release them about every 3.5 days to even them out correctly. Once the single-player demo comes out, nobody's going to want to play the Beta anyway I think. Everybody is only wanting to get into the BETA so they can see how it runs on their computer. I know that's why I want it. I upgraded to the founder's club, and downloaded the gamespy comrade b/c apparently it tells you like a short while before the next batch comes out that they're being released very soon.

If the demo's coming out on the 25th, then should have already released the 2nd batch.
 
Back
Top