Crysis BETA on FP

Why is are they choosing to wait so long to release the 2nd batch? I mean, isn't there a demo coming out on the 25th? If you did the math from the 10th, then they should release them about every 3.5 days to even them out correctly. Once the single-player demo comes out, nobody's going to want to play the Beta anyway I think. Everybody is only wanting to get into the BETA so they can see how it runs on their computer. I know that's why I want it. I upgraded to the founder's club, and downloaded the gamespy comrade b/c apparently it tells you like a short while before the next batch comes out that they're being released very soon.

If the demo's coming out on the 25th, then should have already released the 2nd batch.

Thats funny you paid for a founders club to get into the beta when you'll find out how runs on your computer in 11 days, and you should be reporting bugs too. I'm going to try and crash the hell outta that game once the public beta comes. I don't know why your worried but I'm not worried about how it runs, I think I can do highest in-game settings but with no AA/AF. And going by what performance you get in a beta is not a good idea, because things can change very much, better to just wait for the demo. Fileplanet made you into a genuine sucker.
 
Thats funny you paid for a founders club to get into the beta when you'll find out how runs on your computer in 11 days, and you should be reporting bugs too. I'm going to try and crash the hell outta that game once the public beta comes. I don't know why your worried but I'm not worried about how it runs, I think I can do highest in-game settings but with no AA/AF. And going by what performance you get in a beta is not a good idea, because things can change very much, better to just wait for the demo. Fileplanet made you into a genuine sucker.

I'm not worried. But, when I heard you need to be a founder's club member to get in, I looked into it, and saw that it would be cheaper to pay $50 now as opposed to spending more in the long run on the monthly subscription. So, i'm not a sucker. I;m saving money in the long run. I've been a monthly subscriber for like 4 years now, and I wish I had joined the founder's club sooner.
 
batch 2 came out for fileplanet subscribers, no word yet if incrysis is going to release their keys today also.
 
Wow... i'm incredibly fucking pissed now. I camp out on the site all day, and I have the stupid Gamespoy Comrade, and now all of a sudden they're already distributed. wtf:mad::mad:
 
Wow... i'm incredibly fucking pissed now. I camp out on the site all day, and I have the stupid Gamespoy Comrade, and now all of a sudden they're already distributed. wtf:mad::mad:

You had time... it started at 10:30PST. :rolleyes: I dont trust that comrade crap, just be on the site an refresh every 10 mins.

I was one of the first lucky ones on batch 1 :)
 
Wow... i'm incredibly fucking pissed now. I camp out on the site all day, and I have the stupid Gamespoy Comrade, and now all of a sudden they're already distributed. wtf:mad::mad:

:(

I got in! :D

On a more serious note, I hope you get in as I know you've been wanting to for some days now. I wish you luck next batch. If you want, I could send you an email or AIM message when they arrive as I seem to always be on when these keys are released.
 
WOOT! Looking forward to having crysis rape my new comp. :D

Hope some of you all have better luck with batch 3!
 
I've been refreshing all day - nothing and now it's distributed? WTF!?

Sign up for e-mail announcements.

I didn't even know it was coming out and I got an e-mail this morning from FP announcing it. Went to the site, downloaded the client and grabbed my key.
 
that's great 7 days of camping went to waste cuz i had stuff to do this morning ROFL loving life
 
:(

I got in! :D

On a more serious note, I hope you get in as I know you've been wanting to for some days now. I wish you luck next batch. If you want, I could send you an email or AIM message when they arrive as I seem to always be on when these keys are released.

Yeah man, that'd be cool. I work from 9:00-7:30 M-F, and I always have the release date window open, and the gamespy comrade on my work computer here (even though i'm not supposed to), and I guess I got busy and got distracted for too long. Man... how aggravating.

Well, the next batch (if they go weekly) should release the day before the single player demo, so idk if i'll care as much. That's my only real gripe about the MP BETA so far is that you can't use DX10. Although, I don't know if that has anything to do with possible lag, or system slowdown when playing online with DX10.
 
Wow, that was a whole lot of waiting for nothing.

9 times out of 10 the game refuses to connect to any servers, and the only two servers that are pinging below 100 for me, the EATEST ones, it never ever connects to.

Then, the few times that the game actually connects to the shitty >100 ping servers, the game runs like absolute ass with all low settings at 1024x768. I mean shit, I wasn't expecting to run it well, but 30 fps at 1024x768 with everything at the lowest settings isn't too much to ask is it?
 
if the rig you have listed in sig is what you currently have im not really supprised
 
Yup, same one, but now with 1.5 GB's of RAM.

You honestly feel that a 3200+, two 7600GT's, and 1.5 GB's of RAM isn't enough to run this game at all low settings at a low resolution and get 30 fps? I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation at all.
 
Wow, that was a whole lot of waiting for nothing.

9 times out of 10 the game refuses to connect to any servers, and the only two servers that are pinging below 100 for me, the EATEST ones, it never ever connects to.

Then, the few times that the game actually connects to the shitty >100 ping servers, the game runs like absolute ass with all low settings at 1024x768. I mean shit, I wasn't expecting to run it well, but 30 fps at 1024x768 with everything at the lowest settings isn't too much to ask is it?

I think everyone gets pretty bad performance even on lower settings, but I heard the latest nvidia drivers fix it or something, shouldn't be running it very in the first place past low-medium settings.
 
Wow, that was a whole lot of waiting for nothing.

9 times out of 10 the game refuses to connect to any servers, and the only two servers that are pinging below 100 for me, the EATEST ones, it never ever connects to.

Then, the few times that the game actually connects to the shitty >100 ping servers, the game runs like absolute ass with all low settings at 1024x768. I mean shit, I wasn't expecting to run it well, but 30 fps at 1024x768 with everything at the lowest settings isn't too much to ask is it?

I find at least a dozen servers with <150 ping and connect/load in under a min. I usually ping around 60.
 
I find at least a dozen servers with <150 ping and connect/load in under a min. I usually ping around 60.

Same, runs beautifully at medium settings with high textures for me on my 8800GTS 640, Q6600 @ 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Vista x64 with today's nVidia betas. Fun, too ;)!
 
gosh i suck at this game. people keep coming out of nowhere and killing me. of course having 10-15 fps does not exactly help. guess i have to turn setting o medium if i want playable gameplay.
 
wow, switching all my setting to medium almost quadrupled my FPS. wtf? also, for whatever reason i cant use medium + 4xaa. ok so here:

1280x1024 ALL HIGH 4xaa 8xaf = 10-20 outdoors, 20-35 indoor.

1280x1024 ALL MEDIUM 2xaa 8xaf = 35-70 outdoors, 50-110 indoors


also the difference between med and high it very very obvious. look forward to see how very high looks like!

i really think the lack of raw fill rate is really hurting the 2900. can somone with a 8800 GTX/Ultra run 1280x1024 4xaa 8xaf HIGH and tell me how your FPS are?
 
Well it took me 3-4 hours to get it to install, eventually had to install the directx9c distributable. Now I can't login to play :( Nor can I access any Fileplanet network sites...what's with that...I'm guessing that's part of the reason I can't login? Something on their end? (The game says server refused connection)
 
any one else have AA not working for them?
i bugged it and some other stuff yesterday but even with the new drivers AA doesnt work oh well
 
does the game seem very memory intensive? How much is it using while playing?
 
Same, runs beautifully at medium settings with high textures for me on my 8800GTS 640, Q6600 @ 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Vista x64 with today's nVidia betas. Fun, too ;)!

I have a similar system to you, but I only have 2GB RAM. How much memory is used during game play (as someone asked above)? What kind of fps are you getting @ medium settings? fps @ high settings? I'm too damn impatient to wait a week and see for myself. :p
 
yeah see my post above. there is HUGE difference fps wise between HIGH and MEDIUM.
 
I have a similar system to you, but I only have 2GB RAM. How much memory is used during game play (as someone asked above)? What kind of fps are you getting @ medium settings? fps @ high settings? I'm too damn impatient to wait a week and see for myself. :p

I haven't alt-tabbed to check on memory usage. I haven't fraps'ed it yet but, by eye about 25fps outdoors on high settings (all high), and 50-75 outdoors on medium (with high textures, everything else medium). The difference is night and day between the two, despite medium looking leaps and bounds above any other game currently out :eek: :). High just has to be seen in motion to be believed, seriously. I'm having fun with it, to say the least, gameplay wise, as well.
 
ya 8800 gts simply cant handle high settings

I find it hard to believe that an 8800 gts can't cut it at high settings when someone from Crytek was quoted as saying that their system could run the game on high settings (not the highest settings, mind you) with a 7800 gtx :confused:
 
I haven't alt-tabbed to check on memory usage. I haven't fraps'ed it yet but, by eye about 25fps outdoors on high settings (all high), and 50-75 outdoors on medium (with high textures, everything else medium). The difference is night and day between the two, despite medium looking leaps and bounds above any other game currently out :eek: :). High just has to be seen in motion to be believed, seriously. I'm having fun with it, to say the least, gameplay wise, as well.

Thanks for the inof GoldenTiger :). Is your 8800GTS stock or overclocked? I would imagine OC'ing would help a little bit.

It would rock if you could post screens of med settings with high textures. In fact, i'm threating to club a baby seal in your name if you don't post screens :D
 
I find it hard to believe that an 8800 gts can't cut it at high settings when someone from Crytek was quoted as saying that their system could run the game on high settings (not the highest settings, mind you) with a 7800 gtx :confused:

Well, a 8800gts cannot handle all high settings with the beta. The full game will obviously be optimized. I am running fairly well with a mixture of high/medium/16AF/no AA/1680x1050.
 
Well, a 8800gts cannot handle all high settings with the beta. The full game will obviously be optimized. I am running fairly well with a mixture of high/medium/16AF/no AA/1680x1050.

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for the p.o.v. Can you post a screenshot by any chance, so I can see how the game looks with those settings? :D
 
Back
Top