Crysis BETA on FP

I'm really holding out for the demo, but a little beta feed back would be nice.


*This is a closed beta under NDA. You may not share any information related to the beta. Please refer to the beta NDA for further information.


:D Yeah right
 
Hopefully it gets released to the public.

-Edit: After reading Stereophile's post it sounds like that will not be happening.
 
*This is a closed beta under NDA. You may not share any information related to the beta. Please refer to the beta NDA for further information.


:D Yeah right

I wont tell on you if you happen to have a simialer rig as me and you tell me how well it runs and at what resolution.

But seriosly thats what the demo is for. However I myself would have a hard tome keeping my mouth shut.
 
Now even if your a paying member you cant get the demo from these people, now you have to be a premium member. This seems to be the new standard now, paying for demos paying for additional content, all to milk the extra buck from you. To hell with them I refuse to support this crap, after my FP account runs out they arent getting a dime more from me.
 
Been a member for a while now, so I got in.
Downloading the beta as soon as I get home from work.

I'll let you know how it runs
 
Have it in an hour, 350k. btw, you arent allowed to talk about, or post pics from the beta. Try to have some morals, and not do it.
 
Now even if your a paying member you cant get the demo from these people, now you have to be a premium member. This seems to be the new standard now, paying for demos paying for additional content, all to milk the extra buck from you. To hell with them I refuse to support this crap, after my FP account runs out they arent getting a dime more from me.

Yeah, holy fucking shit this is ridiculous. Here I am all excited even if I know it won't run too well on my system, I click the link and it says "Founder's Club members only!". So now I have to pay more money in addition to the yearly fee?

What. The. Fuck.
 
Have it in an hour, 350k. btw, you arent allowed to talk about, or post pics from the beta. Try to have some morals, and not do it.
My guess is that the so-called "NDA" isn't legally binding at all. Maybe someone else could comment on this, but it isn't immoral if that's the case.
 
Betas suck. I mean shit, PC games are barely finished upon release the way it is.

I never understood the excitement for them.
 
Exclusive! Damn File Planet to the deepest darkest corner of hell!

Ah, who am I kidding? With an X1800XT, it's hardly worth downloading the demo.
 
I'm already a subscriber to Fileplanet, and I didn't even know this was taking place. Do you have to be a founder's member? And, if I upgrade, can I still get a key, or do I have a better chance of getting one if I upgrade my account?
 
I can't believe they were naive enough to bother with an NDA. Cause we all know that that'll never, ever get broken. :rolleyes:
 
I'm already a subscriber to Fileplanet, and I didn't even know this was taking place. Do you have to be a founder's member? And, if I upgrade, can I still get a key, or do I have a better chance of getting one if I upgrade my account?

Anyone? lol... i'm just really excited. I want to play this badly. I'm willing to upgrade if need be. :cool:
 
Have it in an hour, 350k. btw, you arent allowed to talk about, or post pics from the beta. Try to have some morals, and not do it.

Obeying pointless, arbitrary rules laid down by a corporation has nothing to do with immorality, it has to do with being a mindless zombie.
 
My guess is that the so-called "NDA" isn't legally binding at all. Maybe someone else could comment on this, but it isn't immoral if that's the case.

From the download page;
*This is a closed beta under NDA. You may not share any information related to the beta. Please refer to the beta NDA for further information.

In big, red, bold letters.
 
Missed it :( I've been a founders club member for over a year and I didn't get any email notification or anything... lame....
 
runs pretty god damn well on my system

e6600 @ 3.2ghz
evga 7950GT 256mb
2gb ram

around 45-60 FPS with everything on medium except texture quality (high)

Here are some screenies....i dont remember if there was an NDA...lol oh well

crysis1dn2.jpg

crysis2gf8.jpg

crysis3dv0.jpg

crysis4kz3.jpg


All settings medium, Postprocessing @ low, texture + object quality @ high

heres running a little higher settings (round 20-30 fps)

crysis5oh8.jpg

crysis6zt4.jpg

crysis7gm6.jpg


>_<
 
In big, red, bold letters.
I understand that, but calling something an NDA doesn't mean it's a legally binding NDA. I could write "fuck lol" on a piece of paper, call it an NDA and have you sign it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's valid or enforceable from a legal perspective. Do you "sign" the NDA, or are you just presented with it? (and can you PM it to me?)

Until indicated otherwise, I'm assuming this NDA is about as legally valid as one's last will and testament written on a napkin. I'd assume that EA might be busy shooting out cease and desist letters, but I certainly don't see any lawsuits from it.
 
How about i've been a paying member for years and I still didn't qualify for the beta...founder's club and all!:mad:
 
LOL... NDA??? ROFL!!!!

They can't hold you to any NDA's, that's all marketing bullshit, they want people to act like "Oh wow, this "beta" is so exclusive... I'm l33t."

Until you actually sign a piece of paper that exchanges compensation of some form for your signature, there is no NDA.

Anyways, from what I've heard and seen, this beta sucks, I don't know what engine they're using in their video's, but it aint the same one they're using in this beta, that's for damn sure.
 
Anyone with a GOOD system play this yet? I'm really curious to read some impressions.
 
Yes, we need someone with at least an 8800GTS. I don't see why the game would look any different from what we've seen in the videos.
 
The best place for screenshots is usually nvnews. There's a Crysis beta topic in the Gaming sub that has some shots at maximum quality with AA and so on.

Not very impressive, if you ask me. I'm calling this one a pass.
 
well...I dont know what the hell is happening...I am getting like 13 fps.... with the new 163.67 drivers does this support sli??? (1920x1200) at least its a beta but I hope to god it doesn't run this bad when the demo comes out
 
Back
Top