• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis 3 revealed

I loved Crysis 1 and Warhead, they have just enough of a sand box feel(level size + stealth), that you can play with them rather than just play them. I replayed both numerous time, mostly with subtle mods to game settings, like enabling control of the machine gun from the driver's seat of the jeeps in HM, and removing any limits on the number of weapons you could carry.

I still haven't played 2, but it sounds like it had a bad case of consolitis. It'd be great if 3 is more like 1 than 2, but I don't have a lot of hope for that being the case.
 
I enjoyed both the first and second Crysis games, for different reasons I think they were both pretty good games. Looking forward to this one as well, hopefully EA hasn't leeched Crytek of all worth and it turns out a good game.

My main disappointment with the 2nd game was how they completely ignored the first game's story to start fresh, I actually wanted it to continue on or at least be linked to the first game. Hopefully the 3rd installment can bring the first two games together a bit better.
 
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/more-...coming-trailer-official-reveal-in-april-16th/

Earlier today, we informed you about the Crysis 3 leak. And now, we bring you some more details about the latest part of the Crysis franchise, as well as an image from its upcoming trailer. What’s really interesting here is that EA has not denied anything. To the contrary, the confirmed that Crysis 3 is happening, that the boxart is real and that the official reveal of it will be made in April 16th.
In addition, the game will feature jungle levels and will also take place in New York. According to the leaks, Crysis 3 will feature a destroyed New York, which has become almost like a jungle. I Am Legend meets Rambo meets Crysis anyone? Furthermore, Crytek and EA made some bold promises about Crysis 3, stating that it would be the best sandbox FPS on the market. A Hunter Edition will be made available and the game is currently planned for a Spring 2013 release on X360, PS3 and PC.
Enjoy the folowing image and stay tuned for more!

I'll believe it when I see it....I wonder if publishers are cottoning on to the fact that users are becoming increasingly suspicious and cynical of their hype marketing.
 
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/more-...coming-trailer-official-reveal-in-april-16th/



I'll believe it when I see it....I wonder if publishers are cottoning on to the fact that users are becoming increasingly suspicious and cynical of their hype marketing.

This is a bold statement but the news gives me a lot more hope. I did enjoy Crysis 2 as a whole, but i would have enjoyed it a lot more if was more "sandbox" oriented. Felt too linear when compared to FC and C1. I'm sure many will agree.
 
Personally I enjoyed Crysis 2 much more than 1. The pacing was better, instead of just running around the woods shooting random Koreans then aliens.

Also, I had to :rolleyes: at the constant stream of people saying Crysis 2 looked like shit...talk about some amazing cases of making reality conform to your prejudices.
 
Cevat Yerli no doubt expects that this will be the one that surpasses CoD and sells more than 20 million copies on each platform. When sales fall spectacularly short across all platforms he will bitch and whine about piracy and conveniently ignore all of its obvious shortcomings. Perhaps Crytek and Epic should consider merging development studios so they can synchronize and better co-ordinate their bitching.

I see you understand Crytek's history over the past 5 years. I wonder what Bullshit hardware or features he will try to sell for the game's sponsors. What a sad, sad little man.
 
If the BBB keeps up with its case of false-advertising against Bioware for Mass Effect 3, it could change how much shitty hype developers and publishers are allowed to peddle pre-release.
 
If the BBB keeps up with its case of false-advertising against Bioware for Mass Effect 3, it could change how much shitty hype developers and publishers are allowed to peddle pre-release.

that BBB thing is so fucking stupid, like serious clownshoe bandwagon retardation.

please get a fucking grip if you honestly think anything should (it won't) happen
 
I don't know why, but I've never been interested in trying Crysis...not even the first one. I enjoy FPS games, so I don't know why.
 
If the BBB keeps up with its case of false-advertising against Bioware for Mass Effect 3, it could change how much shitty hype developers and publishers are allowed to peddle pre-release.

I got the impression the BBB has just given it's opinion and is choosing not to get involved?

I think people need to stop looking at Bioware as an independent entity to EA. Whatever Labeling your butter might have on it the butter is still made by EA.

I think all this tortured soul stuff with everyone feeling betrayed by Bioware is so comical. Before any of this went down I posted that big thread about all the core staff leaving Bioware.

People are still in this mode where they think they are buying a DICE or Crytek or Bioware and you're not. You're buying an EA game and they've got a long track record over the last 3 or 4 years of showing us exactly what they intend to give us with every game. I think I'm just gonna update my Sig.

EA - I hope you love Gigantic Cock because that's what you're getting. The Condom's a Pre-order exclusive.
 
I don't know why.
Maybe it's all that "MAXIMUM POWER" crap being annoying as hell.

What is there beyond the suit in this game? Any decent characters or story? The graphics while realistic aren't exactly artistically pleasing. Less so then, say, Halo, and I really didn't like Halo either, seemed like just another generic war/scifi shooter.

I do appreciate what Crtek has brought to the industry, despite the criticism,
and I hope the new game is a success. Will I buy it? Based on the fact that I've not even had enough interest to try the demo of Crysis, I doubt it. Maybe someday...
 
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crysi...g-2013-first-artworks-screenshots/#more-23786

Electronic Arts and award-winning developer Crytek, today announced Crysis 3, the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013. Powered by Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE, Crysis 3 advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and dynamic shooter gameplay. Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.
Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek said:

“Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love. Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.
Crytek also announced that players who are ready to start the hunt can pre-order the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition today . The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available on Origin.com and other participating retailers for £49.99.
In addition to receiving the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, select retailers are offering gamers that pre-order Crysis 3 the following early multiplayer unlocks:

· Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
· Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
· Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.

Developed by Crytek and powered by the proprietary cutting edge CryENGINE technology, Crysis 3 will be available Spring 2013 for X360, PS3 and PC.

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/crysis_3_screen_1_-_prophet_the_hunter.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/crysis_3_screen_5_-_assess_adapt_attack.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/crysis_3_online_screen_1_-_cars.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/crysis_3_online_screen_2_-_ocean.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content...is_3_online_screen_3_-_collapsed_building.jpg
 
Last edited:
Personally I enjoyed Crysis 2 much more than 1. The pacing was better, instead of just running around the woods shooting random Koreans then aliens.

Also, I had to :rolleyes: at the constant stream of people saying Crysis 2 looked like shit...talk about some amazing cases of making reality conform to your prejudices.

You're a brave man for posting this heresy. ;)


I know this won't be a popular opinion around here as I can anticipate months and pages of speculation and hate based on said speculation per usual form 'round these parts but I liked Crysis 2 and I expect to like this one as much if not even more so.

*runs and hides*
 
You're a brave man for posting this heresy. ;)


I know this won't be a popular opinion around here as I can anticipate months and pages of speculation and hate based on said speculation per usual form 'round these parts but I liked Crysis 2 and I expect to like this one as much if not even more so.

*runs and hides*

Hahaha...yea I've got your back there. The suit mechanics seemed much better in 2 and the story, while still not great, was much better thought out than 1. And come on, ripping the .50 off a mount or truck and mowing soldiers down with it? Awesome. :cool:
 
Apparently that's 24 years after the events of Crysis 2.

I'm curious to know if the suit's technology has improved significantly in 24 years, otherwise I'll be deeply disappointed at such a plot hole.
 
so they want to merge the best parts of Crysis 1 and Crysis 2?...the jungle environment of the original with the...what was the best part of Crysis 2 again?...either way I'm hoping C3 will be closer to the first game in scope...hell make C3 closer to the original Far Cry and I'll be happy
 
so they want to merge the best parts of Crysis 1 and Crysis 2?...the jungle environment of the original with the...what was the best part of Crysis 2 again?...either way I'm hoping C3 will be closer to the first game in scope...hell make C3 closer to the original Far Cry and I'll be happy

Crytek has yet to realize that Far Cry had an awesome (& high quality) sandbox environment & needs to implement that same concept into Crysis 3...
 
What,Prophet again? The guy was the least interesting character in the original,not to mention a complete nutcase.
They need to forget Crysis 2 ever happened,go back to the ending of Crysis and continue that plot line, make it a true open world game,and make Psycho the main character. And don't make the PC version a watered down console port.
Of course,we're talking about Crytek here,so none of this will ever happen.
 
What,Prophet again? The guy was the least interesting character in the original,not to mention a complete nutcase.
They need to forget Crysis 2 ever happened,go back to the ending of Crysis and continue that plot line, make it a true open world game,and make Psycho the main character. And don't make the PC version a watered down console port.
Of course,we're talking about Crytek here,so none of this will ever happen.
 
I will admit, those screenshots do look pretty good. I am glad they went to some of the jungle environment.
 
I will admit, those screenshots do look pretty good. I am glad they went to some of the jungle environment.

They always do. But they almost never look that good in the actual games. They do super high resolution screen shots, may or may not apply extra touch up work in Photoshop and then send them to press release.
 
Cevat Yerli no doubt expects that this will be the one that surpasses CoD and sells more than 20 million copies on each platform. When sales fall spectacularly short across all platforms he will bitch and whine about piracy and conveniently ignore all of its obvious shortcomings. Perhaps Crytek and Epic should consider merging development studios so they can synchronize and better co-ordinate their bitching.

And really that's all there needs to be said about this dead beat sequel.
 
Crytek has yet to realize that Far Cry had an awesome (& high quality) sandbox environment & needs to implement that same concept into Crysis 3...

How do they not know this? It bugs teh crap out of me. Out of all their games, Far Cry is still the best. The open-nature of that game was the best! You could take the time to approach your objective from any angle.
 
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crysi...r-on-pc-will-support-all-kinds-of-aa-methods/

While we are waiting for the first proper gameplay trailer of Crysis 3, both Crytek’s CEO and the Principal R&D Graphics Programmer at Crytek have decided to share some new information about it. First and foremost, Crysis 3 is said to be a spiritual successor in gameplay to Crysis 1 instead of Crysis 2. This is actually good, as there is a promise for more open-ended environments. After all, Crysis was all about freedom and the ability to go wherever you wished. So yeah, this sounds promising, although Cevat has always a way to bend the truth.
Moreover, Cevat admitted that Crysis 3 would look better on the PC. Well, that was a given, right? We expect to see higher resolution textures, as well as DX11 features from the start. Crytek has been advertising all those DX11 features so we can expect Crysis 3 to look great and take advantage of the more advanced lighting system that was introduced with its latest SDK version.
On the other hand, Tiago Sousa has revealed that the PC version will support all kinds of Anti-Aliasing methods. As Tiago said, PC will have Crytek’s new ‘SMAA with all modes (T2x on consoles )+ Nvidia new TXAA + all MSAA modes +something new‘.
Sousa has also revealed that Crytek is looking into more DX11 features:

“Extra new AA mode in research. About new DX11 tech, we have a lot going on, but can’t speak about it yet.”

This sounds really promising, as the PC version won’t be an afterthought this time around.
Last but not least, Tiago said that the available AA quality modes, for the PC, will be 1x,t2x,2x,4x. According to Tiago, the T2X method uses reprojection+ weighting, and as a result of that, there won’t be any “ghosting” at 30hz. PC version will also support a combo of 2x,4x with MSAA.
Crytek will release the first gameplay trailer of Crysis 3 on April 24th. Until then, you can enjoy the following video that showcases the different AA methods.
 
How do they not know this? It bugs teh crap out of me. Out of all their games, Far Cry is still the best. The open-nature of that game was the best! You could take the time to approach your objective from any angle.

yeah until the monsters that fire rockets show up. better yet is their uncanny ability to predict their shots perfectly and basically snipe you with rockets from a mile away.

the monsters were a more fun gameplay mechanic than the aliens at least.. it could get kinda eerie in some sections with those creepies lurking about.
 
They always do. But they almost never look that good in the actual games. They do super high resolution screen shots, may or may not apply extra touch up work in Photoshop and then send them to press release.

This. Crysis 1 was a breakthrough in many ways for graphics , Crysis 2 looked like it was directed by J.J Abrams with lots of lens flare and smoke and I'm sure Crysis 3 will be Crysis 2 plus more cheesy effects.

The best part is despite all the whining from the CEO of Crytek about piracy in Crysis 1 , it still sold almost the same amount of copies as Crysis 2 and Crysis 2 was multi-platform where Crysis 1 was not. Not to mention the Crysis 2 "leak" which was blamed on piracy even though someone internally leaked it and posted it..

Sorry but I'm sick of Crytek and there usual bullshit. Games need to be more than lens flare and smoke.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGxw_Csh0uQ&feature=player_embedded

Talk about a snore fest. Not interested or intrigued in the least.

Talk about pessimistic :p I'm just as neutral as ever on the game, the trailer showed fuck all actual gameplay so there's really not much to say about it that we didn't already know, New York overtaken by jungle and you're walking around in a nanosuit pwning some aliens.

There was also nothing but night time shots, so either the whole game takes place at night or they chose to not include any daytime scenes.
 
Back
Top