Crysis 2 DX11 Tessellation & High-Res Texture Pack @ [H]

Did a quick crysis 2 run in times square and graphics memory usage went upto 1630mb, If that is due to dymanic texture memory management then would a 2GB card be working harder than say a 1GB card in crysis 2?

This is called prefetch, simple streaming prefetch.
So you don't used 1630MB really.

Why do you guys even bother with Crytek lol?

Crytek HR pack,

ScreenShot0571.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0571b.jpg

Cytek HD pack,

ScreenShot0609.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0609b.jpg

Crytek HR pack,

ScreenShot1069.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot1069b.jpg

Crytek HR pack,

ScreenShot0616.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0616b.jpg

Crytek HR pack,

ScreenShot0612.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0004.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0612b.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0618b.jpg

Maldo's mod

ScreenShot0654b.jpg

Maldo's mod

Crysis2+2011-07-03+04-08-38-48d.jpg

Crysis2+2011-07-03+03-58-57-54b.jpg

fucking epic!!!!

And more...

http://maldotex.blogspot.com/2011/08/news-novedades.html#more

Last edited:
i am somewhat curious as to whether he'll get picked up by Crytek, they've hired a LOT of modders. reading through his blog, the work that guy does is so incredibly meticulous. he picks up on a ton of incredibly minor things.

I have his other mod mixed with BlackFire, he's almost done with the new DX11 mod.
We should have it by next week. Crytek looked over so many issues with this game.
If you look at the Blog, he points out clipped, missing, misaligned, corrupted textures. It's embarrassing.

Even after all the mods so far, the game still needs a lot of work. Many of the art assets are still consolish.
I would like to see a mod that changes the soldiers out of those white uniforms, into something less cartoon like.

I have his other mod mixed with BlackFire, he's almost done with the new DX11 mod.
We should have it by next week. Crytek looked over so many issues with this game.
If you look at the Blog, he points out clipped, missing, misaligned, corrupted textures. It's embarrassing.

Even after all the mods so far, the game still needs a lot of work. Many of the art assets are still consolish.

Watching this one..would love to try it..

Why bother with Crytek?

What's the name of SDK in which Maldo implemented his mod?

And who created all those toys for him to play with :confused:

Why bother with Crytek?

What's the name of SDK in which Maldo implemented his mod?

And who created all those toys for him to play with :confused:

Not sure, but he's almost done though. Now he's fixing the excessive tessellation issue i.e. water and barrier polygon count.
He develops games by day and mods by night. His mods hows the lack of detail Crytek refused to use for C2. Shame really.
Even after the mod is done, it will need more work.

http://maldotex.blogspot.com/

But surely you're aware Maldo didn't hack the assembly, hexedit or anything like that.
He used the toolset kindly provided by evil Crytek.

I wonder who will mod BF3.
Oh, wait...no SDK for that upcoming true PC game.

But surely you're aware Maldo didn't hack the assembly, hexedit or anything like that.
He used the toolset kindly provided by evil Crytek.

I wonder who will mod BF3.
Oh, wait...no SDK for that upcoming true PC game.

Hi, how can you be sure of what I have done and what not?

Not sure, but he's almost done though. Now he's fixing the excessive tessellation issue i.e. water and barrier polygon count.
He develops games by day and mods by night. His mods hows the lack of detail Crytek refused to use for C2. Shame really.
Even after the mod is done, it will need more work.

http://maldotex.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the great confidence, but I do not develop games by day. I have no relation at all with the gaming industry. This is the first time I do something about that. First textures in my life, the first time I do displacement maps and the first time I fix level problems.

Thanks for the great confidence, but I do not develop games by day. I have no relation at all with the gaming industry. This is the first time I do something about that. First textures in my life, the first time I do displacement maps and the first time I fix level problems.

Maldo correct me if I am wrong, but I recall you updating Crysis 2's textures well before Crytek got around to releasing mod tools?

Maldo correct me if I am wrong, but I recall you updating Crysis 2's textures well before Crytek got around to releasing mod tools?

You are correct. For that reason I had to lower brightness in all of my first textures. As I don't have any tool I only can use Photoshop and nvidia DDS plugin. First version of crysis 2 don't have pakpriority locked so you can replace textures simply placing them into gamecrysis2 folder structure.

With actual editor and crytiff ps plugin, textures travel with same brightness and color from photoshop to game.

A point from the blog (just sayin'):

JayJapanB said...
Peeps, MalDo has clearly shown that highly tessellated objects don't have a significant performance impact. If you are having trouble with performance on amd(nearly wrote ati :3) cards lower your tessellation multiplier in CCC. Remember that tessellation cannot be compared with normal dense geometry. Although there are thousands of "pointlessly" used polygons, they are a byproduct of an efficient 'tessellating' algorithm used on a per-object scale. ie: To tessellate the barricade to the detail of the clips/handles on top the whole barricade has a tessellation algorithm effect applied to it to achieve that. When people see lots of triangles they seem to immediately thing "massive performance hit" even though the particle shadows are probably the thing chewing your fps.

13 September 2011 08:15
JayJapanB said...
Another interesting test is to go into the editor and mess around with wire frame and turning tessellation on and off. The amount of tessellated objects is quite intense, especially in the later levels. My performance hit was quite comparable to maldo's (using gtx 460 sli) which makes me think that although Crytek maybe careless at times with their placement of tessellation, their optimisation of it must be immense (they just had to balls up the textures).

13 September 2011 08:27
MaLDo said...
@JayJapanB, thank you for providing some common sense.

Anyway, as I can't test mod in AMD gpus, I'm working blindly in specific reduced tesselation for those who want to use it.

[edit=preemptive fanboy block] The point is tesselation and nothing to do with AMD. ;)

And the real point.. Those textures look phenominal, looking forward to using them.

I've been using your mods since the first release, well before Crytek's lack luster DX11 update.
When I saw that your HasMat containers were sharper and readable, more than the update, I reverted back to your mod.
Now I'm running the Maldo-Blackfire mod. Patiently waiting for your new one though.

This is what I would like to see in your next update:

New soldier clothing! My number one gripe with this game is the consolized soldiers, in their all white swimsuits.
Make them look like mercenaries, in combat fatigues or something and black boots. Change the gas make to ski masks. See what I'm getting at? Use your imagination, think commando's, like the Koreans.

The leaves on the ground are better after your update, but aren't necessarily. They're still flat polygons, no where near the quality of the first Crysis.
Just like you removed those ugly bricks in the fist level on the roof, before you jump down, the leaves on the barriers should go to.

Better trees! I'm sure many people already asked you for that.

Good work so far.

Back