Last month my creative speakers decided to go on me. I called up creative and the service rep advised me that it wasnt the speakers and that it was the subwoofer amp that had gone bad. She went on the explain that the speakers we not in warranty any longer and that I could pay to have them fixed. She said I would have to pay for the shipping and up to $50 in service fees. I agree, had them shipped FedEx to creative and been waiting ever since.
I decided to give them a call today and they said the reason they hadnt shipped back the sub is because I owe them $148.68 in repairs. I told them I wasnt going to pay that much since I could probably just get new ones for that price (or pay a couple extra dollars and get something a lot nicer). I asked the guy to just ship it back to me and he said I would have to then pay the shipping back to myself.....is that fair? can they do that? hold my speakers like that? If I go ahead and pay the $30 in shipping that they want then I would have paid about $55 in shipping and got nothing in return. Bunch of shit!!
So what can/should I do? Anyone help?
I decided to give them a call today and they said the reason they hadnt shipped back the sub is because I owe them $148.68 in repairs. I told them I wasnt going to pay that much since I could probably just get new ones for that price (or pay a couple extra dollars and get something a lot nicer). I asked the guy to just ship it back to me and he said I would have to then pay the shipping back to myself.....is that fair? can they do that? hold my speakers like that? If I go ahead and pay the $30 in shipping that they want then I would have paid about $55 in shipping and got nothing in return. Bunch of shit!!
So what can/should I do? Anyone help?
