Craigslist finds

Man Craiglslist in my area never has cheap deals, or im not looking hard enough, some of these finds are so cheap!

Reporting in with possibly a potential deal.

Picked up a dead EVGA GTX 1080 FTW card for $200.

Hopefully I can RMA the card. Apparently there is 501 days left on the warranty. Hopefully the seller didn't screw the card over.

Update: Yea I got boned. Turned out it has water damage. I had to sell it for $100 on ebay as-is. Lose some and win some.

Last edited:
Scored an EVGA 1080ti for $450. Mining card but has over two years warranty left. Blower cooler so runs hot but found an EVGA hybrid kit sealed for $100

Also scored 16gb of Gskill 3200c14 B-Die for $125.

Pretty stoked on these deals.

Since moving at the beginning of the year my CL finds locally have gone from PC's and components to furniture. I only recall getting two deals here this year.

It's the one thing So Cal did have going for it.

Since moving at the beginning of the year my CL finds locally have gone from PC's and components to furniture. I only recall getting two deals here this year.

It's the one thing So Cal did have going for it.
in denver i could get bored and just flip shit online for more money i also never had a issue finding whatever i needed. i moved up to grand junction and there is now nothing at all

2600k with p8p67 deluxe and 16gb for $120. and a full atx htpc case for free.

20181125_133605.jpg
20181125_133846.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Reminds me of one of my best ever CL deals for a Logitech G710(+) keyboard.

I was looking for a used KB for ~$50 a couple years ago. Found one that came with an i7 2600k system. It had a Cooler Master HAF X case, 16GB ram, don't recall the MB. I don't recall the GFX card. It also had an LG 27" Flatron screen, mouse of some sort, etc. Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro and a WD 1TB spinner for storage. Also had a wireless usb stick from Linksys.

I pulled the case out of the spare room yesterday and found it has an LG Blu Ray player in it. Didn't even see that - thought it was a DVD burner.

Whole shebang for $200. It was way over what I wanted to pay for the KB, but, wth.

I sold the 2600K in a different box and the with the gfx card and the spinner for twice what I paid and still have the KB, Monitor, SSD, Case Blu Ray drive and wireless jizzbrain.

20181211_220014.jpg
20181211_220021.jpg

Got a few things tonight. First is the dell inspiron. Basic system, dual core e2200, 3gb of ram, sata dvdrw and a 320gb hard drive.

Second is a nzxt source 210 atx case with 2 dvdrws, 1155 matx motherboard and i5 2400. Can't seem to get the igpu working but it works fine with a pcie card. Added my own ram and Psu and it seems fine otherwise.

Both were free.

Both were free.

Damn, free? I scour craigslist regularly and never see anything like that free. It's amazing where I'm at nowadays (Missouri) 'cause people are asking crazy pricing for 15+ year old desktops from eMachines and I get a good laugh from it constantly. :D

Nice scores, however.

Damn, free? I scour craigslist regularly and never see anything like that free. It's amazing where I'm at nowadays (Missouri) 'cause people are asking crazy pricing for 15+ year old desktops from eMachines and I get a good laugh from it constantly. :D

Nice scores, however.

not sure why, but the iGPU doesn't show up in BIOS, and it won't recognize more than 2 sticks of ram at a time, regardless of what slots they are in, what channel, etc. All slots work with 2 sticks, whether in blue slots, black slots, or mismatched, but won't recognize 3 or 4 sticks. Did find one problem physically:

1.jpg

see the problem? How bout now:

2.jpg

still don't see it?

3.jpg

it is referenced as a reserve pin, but it might be shorting on another pin under compression of the cpu. I will try to bend it back or at least break it off and see if it fixes anything. Hopefully no damage was done to the CPU.

here it is after repairing the pin. No change to the lack of iGPU, and still sees only 2 sticks of ram. oh well.

01260001.jpg

Nice scores, however.
I was waiting to identify the heatsink that came on the 1155 board, but now I have. I also got a Cooler Master T4 cooler in the mix. Since it came with the intel brackets/backplate, and the main mechanism is to connect to either amd boards or the intel brackets, it is good for am4/3/2 as well as lga 115x and 775, at least. Cool :)

here it is after repairing the pin. No change to the lack of iGPU, and still sees only 2 sticks of ram. oh well.

View attachment 127044

Could only be seeing 2 sticks of ram because the pin isn't properly repaired. I find with bent pins sometimes you have to overcompensate to get things to sit right. I have a machine I repaired that required me to overbend to see all the ram slots. Since doing that it's been fine. If you're good with 2 slots though, leave it alone :)

Could only be seeing 2 sticks of ram because the pin isn't properly repaired. I find with bent pins sometimes you have to overcompensate to get things to sit right. I have a machine I repaired that required me to overbend to see all the ram slots. Since doing that it's been fine. If you're good with 2 slots though, leave it alone :)

I took a video of the whole repair (thinking it would be 20 minutes) but it ended up being long so I don't think anyone actually would care to see it. However, from what I can tell it looks like it should sit right where it should under compression.

I think I am about to pickup a Dell Inspiron 15-7559 (i5-6200u/GTX960m) for $50

20181219_235425.jpg

Attachments

• 20181219_235425.jpg
    20181219_235425.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181219_235401.jpg
    20181219_235401.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20181219-235303_CPlus for Craigslist.jpg
    Screenshot_20181219-235303_CPlus for Craigslist.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20181219-235228_CPlus for Craigslist.jpg
    Screenshot_20181219-235228_CPlus for Craigslist.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
I just got a APC 3000xlm with four battery cases and (mostly testing good) batteries for $50.

I've got to run a 30A 120v to use the thing. I'd have preferred, on balance, something that wouldn't pull more than 15A @120v. But. Is what it is.

You don't have to have 30amp to run the thing. I ran it for 2 years on a 15amp, you just can't max it out as it will trip the breaker.

You don't have to have 30amp to run the thing. I ran it for 2 years on a 15amp, you just can't max it out as it will trip the breaker.
So, let's say you have an extended power outage, draining the batteries. I believe when you begin operations again it will pull substantial amps to recharge those batteries, in addition to the load on it. No?

So, let's say you have an extended power outage, draining the batteries. I believe when you begin operations again it will pull substantial amps to recharge those batteries, in addition to the load on it. No?

No, mine never pulled that many amps on recharging status with the extended packs. Never pulled enough for a 15amp breaker to trip even when it was completely dead after 4 hours of run time.

So theres a dude on cragislist in colorado selling 3 storage units full of arcade cabinets for pretty cheap but as is guaranteed most of them need repair. I picked up A Night Stalkers cabinet and Virtua Fighter 1 cabinet each for 300. The Virtua Fighter needs a need monitor likely as the screens doing that all crt screen warp and the Night Stalkers has a bad connector or needs a new board. I also bout a Virtua Fighter 3 cabinet that at minimum is missing the monitor for 200. I mainly just wnated the materials for mame builds, but virtua fighter has some nostalgia for me. Anyway we heard rattliing in the Virtua FIghter when we brought it home. Taaaddaa there was $76 in quarters still in the bucket!

Attachments

• bucket change.jpg
    bucket change.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
F4-3400C16D-32GTZ
32GB G. Skill Trident Z 2x 16GB DDR4 3400MHz CAS 16 B-Die $140 Seller said it was E-Die!? :confused:

Been running for almost a week @ rated speeds/timing no issues so far. Not my 'greatest' find but good I think.

Got this Samsung Syncmaster 997DF on Facebook Marketplace for $10 not too long ago. It's mint condition, not even a scratch on it.. 1920x1440 @ 64Hz max resolution, 640x480 @ 160Hz or 800x600 @ 146Hz for some awesome CS/Q3 gaming.. with zero input lag of course. I love these CRT's. Also supports 15KHz for retro gaming.

WYndCAjh.jpg

G7GbANVh.jpg

n87XWEIh.jpg

Wow, I just found this thread--now I know where to post all those CL finds I can't touch. :D

I think my best was picking up an entire retro case for like $10 and it came with the antec power supply and an optical drive. I've also picked up an entire Dell i5-2500 system complete with monitor and keyboard for $75. I think that was the best deal. Or maybe it was the maxed out poweredge 2950 with floor standing half rack for $65? I dunno anymore...

Oh wait, I do remember my best CL find--an in box IBM Model M SSK for...let's say under $30...

Two good deals on CPU purchases since last week's post, but this time they were from the Richmond VA Craigslist: i5 6600k CPU for $110 and i5 7500 for $55. Both work just fine.

Building a new PC and was considering a RTX series card, but the 2080 is out of my price range and the 2070 is weaker than the 1080ti.

So today I just happened to be looking on Facebook Marketplace and I scored a like-new EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 for $550. Guy upgraded to a 2080ti and so I lucked out.

Building a new PC and was considering a RTX series card, but the 2080 is out of my price range and the 2070 is weaker than the 1080ti.

So today I just happened to be looking on Facebook Marketplace and I scored a like-new EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 for $550. Guy upgraded to a 2080ti and so I lucked out.

nice!! I would of bought that too!

Got a RTX 2070 for 370 on CL this week, seems to work. Just sold it today for $430, which is still p. cheap. Expect to make like 40 bucks after expense.

Back